- Jeff Kennett loves the GP, and Clive Palmer is a 'farting blimp'
- Qantas 'wrong, unfair' on carbon tax
- Playing politics with pokies
- Tram driver with blind down
- 'She was brave, she made a difference'
- Pub of the Week
- How would you sell Melbourne?
- Pipe bursts, floods Qantas plane
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Stephen on Qantas 'wrong, unfair' on carbon tax No wonder Palmer wants the refund written into the repeal bill!! more
- Colin Lacivita on Qantas 'wrong, unfair' on carbon tax How about REINSTATING the 5000 workers that Qantas has sacked over the past year due to the carbon tax. Now that the carbon ... more
- Guest on Playing politics with pokies You could have at least put up a pic of an Australian slot.This is an American one, we dont even have them here!!!! more
- Judy on Tram driver with blind down If the blind is broken, for goodness sake fix it, if too glary wear sunglasses. For whatever reason this is dangerous and ... more
- greg on Tram driver with blind down yer he drives with blind down low and been driving for over 30 yrs with a better record then me never had an accident in the ... more
- Milton on Tram driver with blind down Clearly he should have called The Blind Factory! more
- Brian on Tram driver with blind down The Tram Driver has been driving the 48 and the 109 route for the last 15 years I have been travelling from Nth Balwyn to ... more
- Jake on Tram driver with blind down I'm not sure what the problem is? The blind is not fully down so he can see! This driver is quite friendly as I've had to ... more
- Natasha on Tram driver with blind down Brad: Regardless to if the blind was broken or not this is still unsafe!! he is responsible for not only his life but the ... more
- the Truth on Tram driver with blind down As you can see if you actually look - there is the sun reflecting straight off the back window of the tram ahead - I have ... more
- Jill on Tram driver with blind down HAS THE TRAM DRIVER BEEN ON THE NIGHT SHIFT AND THIS IS HIS LAST RUN BEFORE CALLING IT A DAY???????? more
- Peter on Tram driver with blind down If the photo was taken from the same height as he is sitting you would see that he can see the road ahead. more
- Brad on Tram driver with blind down The blind is broken. Give the guy a break. more
- Anne on Tram driver with blind down He always drives with the blind down. He is a regular driver on the 109 and 48 route. more
- Brenda on Tram driver with blind down Looks like something is asleep at the wheel more
- Loz Craig on How would you sell Melbourne? Welcome to Melbourne The place of Wonders & ExcitementThen have a pic of different cultures having fun with balloons & ... more
- Peter on How would you sell Melbourne? Extraordinary Everyday ! more
- Joseph Dugan on How would you sell Melbourne? Melbourne.....New York's NEW Sixth Borough!!!! more
- ian on How would you sell Melbourne? King Steet ??The Chunder From Down Under. more
- ian on Vinyl makes a mega comeback Nice if you live an House or Apartment and the temps ??does not reach more than 25 Degrees. more
3-strikes from the Bogey men
Melbourne's unluckiest driver?
Cheltenham resident Ben Howden says he has been hit with 3 rogue golf balls within the last 4-months while driving past the Victoria Golf club.
Ben says that on all 3 occasions he has been sitting on the 60km/h speed limit on Park Road when the balls have struck.
LISTEN BELOW: Ben Howden speaks with Neil Mitchell
"I called the club about it and, you know I basically told them it was a pretty dangerous thing, I mean I swerved into the path on an oncoming semi-trailer" Ben told Neil Mitchell.
"I spoke to the guy at the golf cause but all they did was say sorry" he said.
- BALL 1: Hit the roof of the car, just above the windscreen.
- BALL 2: Bounced in front of his car into the bumper bar.
- BALL 3: Hit the bottom left side of the windscreen causing it to crack.
IMAGE: The crack in Ben Howden's windscreen
MAP: Victoria Golf Club
LISTEN: Ben Howden speaks with Neil Mitchell
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Turn it up Michael, "Asking for it". Why should he have to change the way he drives to work, Maybe they should close the entire road down to stop it from happening to other people. Come on!
Is you member ship to Victoria golf club going to go up because of it???Brian Wednesday 16 May, 2012 - 12:08 PM
Golf Club should be shut down til they do something about it!Anne of Dallas Wednesday 16 May, 2012 - 11:16 AM
Would not the solution be to stop driving past the golf club? Once is unlucky, twice is kinda funny, three times is, well, asking for it!Michael Wednesday 16 May, 2012 - 11:05 AM