- Telstra faces court over late fees
- 'The figures say it all'
- Biological parents acknowledged in surrogacy law changes
- Julie Bishop to contact Chinese embassy over Palmer comments
- Son given bravery award after saving mother's life
- 'It's not just risk-taking, it's life-threatening'
- He's back on the streets
- 'I'm scared they'll take my son away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gazza on Top cop concerned over pokies gang Multiculturalism at its finest more
- dom on Spot the 'ghost'? Sorry the line for popcorn was long... more
- Rory on Spot the 'ghost'? Why do ghosts always have clothes on? I wonder if a tradie has to wear Hi-Viz if they get a ghost. more
- charles on Spot the 'ghost'? I see an elderly lady old white shirt, black hair, pale skin sitting at the top of staircase, peering to the right as if ... more
- Rhees on Spot the 'ghost'? I can see through the railings.Enlarge picture and take a close look, definitely something there.One place i worked at ... more
- Anne of Dallas on Spot the 'ghost'? Well.. I cant see the ghost.. but I did learn something fabulous from one of the readers in comment! "Enlarge for a better ... more
- Joanne on Spot the 'ghost'? Enlarge for a better look. To enlarge the photo if using a computer: press control and the plus button at the same time more
- Darren Bird on Spot the 'ghost'? Looks more like a plaque on the wall letting visitors know who slept there to me. more
- Stacey Shannon on Spot the 'ghost'? Actually, I feel an energy of both a Male and a Female. ( in Spirit ) more
- Richard on Spot the 'ghost'? Must be a slow news day more
- Helen on Spot the 'ghost'? Where? I can only see the stair rails... more
- lyn on Spot the 'ghost'? Is it right at the top of the stairs kinda looks like someone sitting there ??? I have seen a ghost or two when I worked in ... more
- Braidon on Spot the 'ghost'? Why do ghost in photos always appear in old clothes? why do you never see a ghost in jeans or a tshirt? more
- Auguste Rodin on Spot the 'ghost'? BOOO!!! This is the ghost of the good old America, which has been killed by the rabid left!! Beware, it's gonna get you!! more
- Mario on Spot the 'ghost'? what am I missing? I can't see anyyhing. more
- Vicky on Spot the 'ghost'? Save image and then you can zoom in. Looks like a child in prayer position (not necessary saying they are praying) just ... more
- Adrian on Spot the 'ghost'? Forget the "ghost", look at the craftsmanship of that staircase! more
- Lola on Spot the 'ghost'? I also take photos of stairs in old houses or mansions, as I find them inviting.I can see a young girl with dark hair and a ... more
- Rich Astle on Spot the 'ghost'? I'm a believer but cast a critical eye.My question, why take a picture of the stairwell?Graeme said he wasn't ... more
- Jenny on Spot the 'ghost'? Can see something behind the railings but can't see what it is. more
700,000 drivers tested in Victoria Police road blitz
Victoria Police’s 23-day drink and drug driving blitz has detected nearly one in 425 drivers breaking the law.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Inspector Martin Boorman from Victoria Police said 700,000 drivers had been screened across Victoria as part of Operation RAID, Remove All Impaired Drivers, with almost 1,600 drivers recording a positive reading.
"It's pretty good in terms of volume per offences detected. This really is an indication of how committed we are,” he said.
"There's a lot of people out there that do get the message and do do the right thing. Clearly the ones that don't, we're going to catch."
LISTEN: Inspector Martin Boorman speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Sadly there have been very few drug tests due to cost.
When asked how many had been done the Police officer skirted the question and played the 700,000 dead bat. Oops, dropped the ball but Mitchell never worried about it.
Instead of the State Govt taking $100 per car out of third party rego cost and into general revenue why not divert the funds into drug testing.
Funny how road saftey is determined by $ not statistics.
The inoidence of drug use is supposed to be much higher than alcohol yet nothing is being done.Paddy Monday 10 December, 2012 - 3:18 PM