- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- Man dealt outrageous parking fee
- Neil Mitchell hits back at Clementine Ford's 'leathery ball' column
- Can you read Neil's writing? We can't
- AFL boss unsure about odd timeslot
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
- Peggy on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate How brave of this racist.How long would his number plate and car stay intact if he wrote death to all Palesteninan militants ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... OH Mr Andrews you were so adamnt as well that Labor had nothing to do with it. Labor from top to bottom rotten to the core!! more
- Peggy on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers Can the unemployed afford to work for 25 hours a week?The cost of suitable clothing, petrol and all other expenses with ... more
- Catherine on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniel Andrews and is mob can't trust them they are liars and most of all they are not fit to govern Victoria. more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Let me make it clear Labour Party had nothing to do with this. This is disgraceful that someone would come out and say we ... more
- Kellie on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniel Andrews quick to point the finger at others. I do believe he knows how it got out dirty tricks what would you ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It seems to me the only way to get to the truth of what happened with the recording the journalist lost is to find out who ... more
- David T. on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Andrews said that as the leader, he "accepted responsibility". He qualified this by adding: "for investigating the matter". ... more
700,000 drivers tested in Victoria Police road blitz
Victoria Police’s 23-day drink and drug driving blitz has detected nearly one in 425 drivers breaking the law.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Inspector Martin Boorman from Victoria Police said 700,000 drivers had been screened across Victoria as part of Operation RAID, Remove All Impaired Drivers, with almost 1,600 drivers recording a positive reading.
"It's pretty good in terms of volume per offences detected. This really is an indication of how committed we are,” he said.
"There's a lot of people out there that do get the message and do do the right thing. Clearly the ones that don't, we're going to catch."
LISTEN: Inspector Martin Boorman speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Sadly there have been very few drug tests due to cost.
When asked how many had been done the Police officer skirted the question and played the 700,000 dead bat. Oops, dropped the ball but Mitchell never worried about it.
Instead of the State Govt taking $100 per car out of third party rego cost and into general revenue why not divert the funds into drug testing.
Funny how road saftey is determined by $ not statistics.
The inoidence of drug use is supposed to be much higher than alcohol yet nothing is being done.Paddy Monday 10 December, 2012 - 3:18 PM