- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- Man dealt outrageous parking fee
- Neil Mitchell hits back at Clementine Ford's 'leathery ball' column
- Can you read Neil's writing? We can't
- AFL boss unsure about odd timeslot
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
- Peggy on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate How brave of this racist.How long would his number plate and car stay intact if he wrote death to all Palesteninan militants ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... OH Mr Andrews you were so adamnt as well that Labor had nothing to do with it. Labor from top to bottom rotten to the core!! more
- Peggy on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers Can the unemployed afford to work for 25 hours a week?The cost of suitable clothing, petrol and all other expenses with ... more
- Catherine on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniel Andrews and is mob can't trust them they are liars and most of all they are not fit to govern Victoria. more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Let me make it clear Labour Party had nothing to do with this. This is disgraceful that someone would come out and say we ... more
- Kellie on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniel Andrews quick to point the finger at others. I do believe he knows how it got out dirty tricks what would you ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It seems to me the only way to get to the truth of what happened with the recording the journalist lost is to find out who ... more
- David T. on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Andrews said that as the leader, he "accepted responsibility". He qualified this by adding: "for investigating the matter". ... more
- henry porter on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I caught some re-runs of "Fawlty Towers" last night - Daniels Andrews' stories sounded as if the had come straight out of ... more
- Hooksy of the Bush on Melbourne's most successful camera Do the crime, pay the fine!!! more
- Ros on Can you read Neil's writing? We can't I could read it Neil. The word 'fox' gave it away but you left out the word 'brown' before dogLove your shows more
- DEBBIE on Can you read Neil's writing? We can't I cannot read it all except the first word, "hello". more
- Michelle on Melbourne's most successful camera The problem is, the speed zones change over time and if you are not a regular traveller in the area, you don't realise it ... more
- michael on Melbourne's most successful camera So let's see, 7,500 drivers speeding through this highly dangerous fatality prone area and not one incident ? makes you ... more
- martin on Melbourne's most successful camera if got pinged on this camera..i was at dead stop ay red lights on barkly street. first in line..and apparently was speeding ... more
A purple party for Annie
The mother of a 13-year-old cancer patient Annie has thanked everyone who banded together to help stage a surprise 'purple party' for her daughter over the weekend.
In late November, the Neil Mitchell program embarked on a project to help put together a surprise party for Annie Marsh-Pearson who is currently battling brain cancer.
Speaking with Justin Smith, Annie's mother Liz Marsh-Pearson said the party was a huge success.
Annie's purple party. (Photo: Barry Weller/Top Gun Photography)
Annie's purple party. (Photo: Barry Weller/Top Gun Photography)
"(For) these people who don't even know Annie and I, to come out and do these amazing things, it really just makes me think what wonderful community and people we've got surrounding us," she said.
"I'm glowing because I just can't believe what's happened and how happy Annie is.
"It's about Annie and it's something I could never have done myself."
Photobooth at Annie's party. (Photo: The Photobooth Melbourne)
Liz said her daughter began to cotton on to the fact that she wasn't going to a singing concert, as she had been told, when two BMWs from Bib Stillwell came to collect her and her friends.
"When she was out the front and went past in the car, you could see this hand go up and then she sort of looked around like 'Oh my gosh, all these people are here'," she said.
The party was the idea of Annie's friend's mother, Mel McGorr to celebrate her chemotherapy coming to an end.
Annie with friend, Rachal. (Photo: Supplied)
Annie’s mother Liz Marsh told Neil Mitchell they first noticed something was wrong with their daughter when she started feeling dizzy while playing basketball.
She is now battling a slow-growing, grade one brain tumour which cannot be removed.
The chemotherapy Annie is having has stunted her growth, so doctors are going to stop giving her chemotherapy to allow her body to go through puberty.
"She is very special. She's a very positive child, she loves going to school, she loves her friends, she loves her family," Annie's mother Liz said.
Caffe Gruppo - 100 purple cupcakes
The Photobooth Melbourne - Photo booth
Bib Stillwell BMW - BMW convertible for the weekend to transport Annie to the party
Evo Jumping Castles - Jumping castle
LISTEN: Mel McGorr and Liz Marsh speak with Neil Mitchell:
Thank you for this wonderful uplifting story. I only caught the end of it so am grateful that you have added this lovely interview to your site. As Jillian said, you have given us something to treasure amongst the 'normal' daily news.Jess Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 9:19 PM
I know annie, oscar and liz are doing it really hard. The party is important for all of them!steph Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 7:00 PM
A big thank-you to everyone for your kind thoughts and generosity of spirit.
Annie is going to be so thrilled by this spectacular party and it will be a great opportunity to thank the many supporters on the night.Liz Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 2:10 PM
What you are doing for Annie is just wonderful. She is the bravest young girl I have ever met and the way she has kept positive and smiling through the year has been nothing short of inspirational. Well done to Mel for arranging the party, I know that Annie and her friends are going to have a great time. The party will signify an end to what has been a very challenging year and mark the start of much better times ahead.
Thank youKarin Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 10:01 AM
Hi Neil, my name is Melissa Mcgaw fistly i just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing what your doing for Annie.I think i was all nervous on air and cannot believe it I said the wrong date, its actually saturday the 15th of december not the 14th so sorry . And once again cannot even put into words how grateful we all are.xMelissa Mcgaw Friday 30 November, 2012 - 7:19 PM
Please pass on my comments to Annie and her family.
That I hope they all have a lovely Christmas and healthier 2013. Also that Annie's special party with be filled with all her favourite things like trhe colour purple.
Kyliekylie Friday 30 November, 2012 - 3:03 PM