- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- Classic or crazy? Cazaly re-made
- Australia in for 'long haul' against ISIS
- George the Goldfish saved with surgery
- 'Players leave': Gillon gives it straight to Bombers caller
- Horrified children find pet dogs mauled in backyard
- 'Drugs war unwinnable, time to legalise'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
- David R on Council backs down over fees Typical heartless unthinking council bureaucrats. And its not the Councillors its the people manning the front desk or the ... more
- mike on Labor's tough new stance against 'evil' So trafficking drugs away from a school is less illegal?And why drug busses? Target pubs/clubs! I hear more and more people ... more
A purple party for Annie
The mother of a 13-year-old cancer patient Annie has thanked everyone who banded together to help stage a surprise 'purple party' for her daughter over the weekend.
In late November, the Neil Mitchell program embarked on a project to help put together a surprise party for Annie Marsh-Pearson who is currently battling brain cancer.
Speaking with Justin Smith, Annie's mother Liz Marsh-Pearson said the party was a huge success.
Annie's purple party. (Photo: Barry Weller/Top Gun Photography)
Annie's purple party. (Photo: Barry Weller/Top Gun Photography)
"(For) these people who don't even know Annie and I, to come out and do these amazing things, it really just makes me think what wonderful community and people we've got surrounding us," she said.
"I'm glowing because I just can't believe what's happened and how happy Annie is.
"It's about Annie and it's something I could never have done myself."
Photobooth at Annie's party. (Photo: The Photobooth Melbourne)
Liz said her daughter began to cotton on to the fact that she wasn't going to a singing concert, as she had been told, when two BMWs from Bib Stillwell came to collect her and her friends.
"When she was out the front and went past in the car, you could see this hand go up and then she sort of looked around like 'Oh my gosh, all these people are here'," she said.
The party was the idea of Annie's friend's mother, Mel McGorr to celebrate her chemotherapy coming to an end.
Annie with friend, Rachal. (Photo: Supplied)
Annie’s mother Liz Marsh told Neil Mitchell they first noticed something was wrong with their daughter when she started feeling dizzy while playing basketball.
She is now battling a slow-growing, grade one brain tumour which cannot be removed.
The chemotherapy Annie is having has stunted her growth, so doctors are going to stop giving her chemotherapy to allow her body to go through puberty.
"She is very special. She's a very positive child, she loves going to school, she loves her friends, she loves her family," Annie's mother Liz said.
Caffe Gruppo - 100 purple cupcakes
The Photobooth Melbourne - Photo booth
Bib Stillwell BMW - BMW convertible for the weekend to transport Annie to the party
Evo Jumping Castles - Jumping castle
LISTEN: Mel McGorr and Liz Marsh speak with Neil Mitchell:
Thank you for this wonderful uplifting story. I only caught the end of it so am grateful that you have added this lovely interview to your site. As Jillian said, you have given us something to treasure amongst the 'normal' daily news.Jess Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 9:19 PM
I know annie, oscar and liz are doing it really hard. The party is important for all of them!steph Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 7:00 PM
A big thank-you to everyone for your kind thoughts and generosity of spirit.
Annie is going to be so thrilled by this spectacular party and it will be a great opportunity to thank the many supporters on the night.Liz Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 2:10 PM
What you are doing for Annie is just wonderful. She is the bravest young girl I have ever met and the way she has kept positive and smiling through the year has been nothing short of inspirational. Well done to Mel for arranging the party, I know that Annie and her friends are going to have a great time. The party will signify an end to what has been a very challenging year and mark the start of much better times ahead.
Thank youKarin Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 10:01 AM
Hi Neil, my name is Melissa Mcgaw fistly i just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing what your doing for Annie.I think i was all nervous on air and cannot believe it I said the wrong date, its actually saturday the 15th of december not the 14th so sorry . And once again cannot even put into words how grateful we all are.xMelissa Mcgaw Friday 30 November, 2012 - 7:19 PM
Please pass on my comments to Annie and her family.
That I hope they all have a lovely Christmas and healthier 2013. Also that Annie's special party with be filled with all her favourite things like trhe colour purple.
Kyliekylie Friday 30 November, 2012 - 3:03 PM