- A last-ditch pitch to voters
- Brave victims snap attackers
- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
A purple party for Annie
The mother of a 13-year-old cancer patient Annie has thanked everyone who banded together to help stage a surprise 'purple party' for her daughter over the weekend.
In late November, the Neil Mitchell program embarked on a project to help put together a surprise party for Annie Marsh-Pearson who is currently battling brain cancer.
Speaking with Justin Smith, Annie's mother Liz Marsh-Pearson said the party was a huge success.
Annie's purple party. (Photo: Barry Weller/Top Gun Photography)
Annie's purple party. (Photo: Barry Weller/Top Gun Photography)
"(For) these people who don't even know Annie and I, to come out and do these amazing things, it really just makes me think what wonderful community and people we've got surrounding us," she said.
"I'm glowing because I just can't believe what's happened and how happy Annie is.
"It's about Annie and it's something I could never have done myself."
Photobooth at Annie's party. (Photo: The Photobooth Melbourne)
Liz said her daughter began to cotton on to the fact that she wasn't going to a singing concert, as she had been told, when two BMWs from Bib Stillwell came to collect her and her friends.
"When she was out the front and went past in the car, you could see this hand go up and then she sort of looked around like 'Oh my gosh, all these people are here'," she said.
The party was the idea of Annie's friend's mother, Mel McGorr to celebrate her chemotherapy coming to an end.
Annie with friend, Rachal. (Photo: Supplied)
Annie’s mother Liz Marsh told Neil Mitchell they first noticed something was wrong with their daughter when she started feeling dizzy while playing basketball.
She is now battling a slow-growing, grade one brain tumour which cannot be removed.
The chemotherapy Annie is having has stunted her growth, so doctors are going to stop giving her chemotherapy to allow her body to go through puberty.
"She is very special. She's a very positive child, she loves going to school, she loves her friends, she loves her family," Annie's mother Liz said.
Caffe Gruppo - 100 purple cupcakes
The Photobooth Melbourne - Photo booth
Bib Stillwell BMW - BMW convertible for the weekend to transport Annie to the party
Evo Jumping Castles - Jumping castle
LISTEN: Mel McGorr and Liz Marsh speak with Neil Mitchell:
Thank you for this wonderful uplifting story. I only caught the end of it so am grateful that you have added this lovely interview to your site. As Jillian said, you have given us something to treasure amongst the 'normal' daily news.Jess Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 9:19 PM
I know annie, oscar and liz are doing it really hard. The party is important for all of them!steph Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 7:00 PM
A big thank-you to everyone for your kind thoughts and generosity of spirit.
Annie is going to be so thrilled by this spectacular party and it will be a great opportunity to thank the many supporters on the night.Liz Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 2:10 PM
What you are doing for Annie is just wonderful. She is the bravest young girl I have ever met and the way she has kept positive and smiling through the year has been nothing short of inspirational. Well done to Mel for arranging the party, I know that Annie and her friends are going to have a great time. The party will signify an end to what has been a very challenging year and mark the start of much better times ahead.
Thank youKarin Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 10:01 AM
Hi Neil, my name is Melissa Mcgaw fistly i just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing what your doing for Annie.I think i was all nervous on air and cannot believe it I said the wrong date, its actually saturday the 15th of december not the 14th so sorry . And once again cannot even put into words how grateful we all are.xMelissa Mcgaw Friday 30 November, 2012 - 7:19 PM
Please pass on my comments to Annie and her family.
That I hope they all have a lovely Christmas and healthier 2013. Also that Annie's special party with be filled with all her favourite things like trhe colour purple.
Kyliekylie Friday 30 November, 2012 - 3:03 PM