- Take away Camilleri's privileges
- Racial abuse on the rise
- Why demean Gallipoli?
- 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament'
- Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal with James Hird and Essendon
- 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is back'
- Mandate for Abbott?
- Fairfield station's new holding cell
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- BRENDA on Black Saturday survivor: The money's ... something to consider, people. While the fire victims need counselling many veterans from Afghanistan and other places who ... more
- Gloria on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Can't believe the vitriol levelled at Andrew, he is telling the truth and if Essendon or some benefactor is paying Hird he ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... DOES THIS 2 MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR MAN REALLY KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS more
- mylene on Why demean Gallipoli? Keating did really well in the ratings and was never out of the top 10. Maybe they could follow it up with Andrew Bolt ... more
- JamesD on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Herald continues with banner headlines on AFL & Demetriou - during the year Fairfax seemed to know lot more about issue. Is ... more
- Robert Rich on 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is ... I believe if James Hird took the AFL to court he would have won what a joke sack Andrew more
- Maureen on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' He was found NOT guilty of anything and has left plenty of egg on the face of Mitchell, the Herald Sun and feral Labor ... more
- Matthew on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... I wonder how Demetriou will cope in jail? Because that's what this is all about, he is facing a jail sentence if found ... more
- Jake on Why demean Gallipoli? Would anyone expect different of bagman Keating? more
- Jake on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... This is not about integrity and doing teh right thing. Rather it is about protecting the AFL brand and for Andrew ... more
- Jake on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' That Shaw is a disgrace is not in question But I disagree that he should resign. Let the ballot box decide at the next ... more
- mylene on Mandate for Abbott? "One blue"?? He's tried to start conflict with both Indonesia and China and sent ASIO after Aussie lawyers. If the rest of ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why demean Gallipoli? @Milton posting - yes an excellent comment indeed. Maybe we right thinking voters should have a Hall of Shame in the ... more
- Tim on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... So what's the threat tape that's been rumoured??I doubt Demetrio will survive this and he should take Wilson with him. more
- Albert chapman on Why demean Gallipoli? Neil Gallipoli is important in our history but not the "Birth of the Nation". I believe the event of December 1854 at Eureka ... more
- nat carr on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... If no Essendon player is stood down for taking illegal drugs then Essendon and the AFL have done the deal . more
- Greg on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' Australia is far too lenient when it comes to Politicians indiscretions.That's why they all rort the system.When it comes to ... more
- Willow on Why demean Gallipoli? I have always detested Keating and believe that he and Hawke were/are both evil men. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Gloria, more fool you if you believe Andrew D. AD is a criminal himself. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Craig, this story has nothing to do with what Essendon may or may not have done. It has ALL to do with how dodgy the AFL ... more
A purple party for Annie
The mother of a 13-year-old cancer patient Annie has thanked everyone who banded together to help stage a surprise 'purple party' for her daughter over the weekend.
In late November, the Neil Mitchell program embarked on a project to help put together a surprise party for Annie Marsh-Pearson who is currently battling brain cancer.
Speaking with Justin Smith, Annie's mother Liz Marsh-Pearson said the party was a huge success.
Annie's purple party. (Photo: Barry Weller/Top Gun Photography)
Annie's purple party. (Photo: Barry Weller/Top Gun Photography)
"(For) these people who don't even know Annie and I, to come out and do these amazing things, it really just makes me think what wonderful community and people we've got surrounding us," she said.
"I'm glowing because I just can't believe what's happened and how happy Annie is.
"It's about Annie and it's something I could never have done myself."
Photobooth at Annie's party. (Photo: The Photobooth Melbourne)
Liz said her daughter began to cotton on to the fact that she wasn't going to a singing concert, as she had been told, when two BMWs from Bib Stillwell came to collect her and her friends.
"When she was out the front and went past in the car, you could see this hand go up and then she sort of looked around like 'Oh my gosh, all these people are here'," she said.
The party was the idea of Annie's friend's mother, Mel McGorr to celebrate her chemotherapy coming to an end.
Annie with friend, Rachal. (Photo: Supplied)
Annie’s mother Liz Marsh told Neil Mitchell they first noticed something was wrong with their daughter when she started feeling dizzy while playing basketball.
She is now battling a slow-growing, grade one brain tumour which cannot be removed.
The chemotherapy Annie is having has stunted her growth, so doctors are going to stop giving her chemotherapy to allow her body to go through puberty.
"She is very special. She's a very positive child, she loves going to school, she loves her friends, she loves her family," Annie's mother Liz said.
Caffe Gruppo - 100 purple cupcakes
The Photobooth Melbourne - Photo booth
Bib Stillwell BMW - BMW convertible for the weekend to transport Annie to the party
Evo Jumping Castles - Jumping castle
LISTEN: Mel McGorr and Liz Marsh speak with Neil Mitchell:
Thank you for this wonderful uplifting story. I only caught the end of it so am grateful that you have added this lovely interview to your site. As Jillian said, you have given us something to treasure amongst the 'normal' daily news.Jess Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 9:19 PM
I know annie, oscar and liz are doing it really hard. The party is important for all of them!steph Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 7:00 PM
A big thank-you to everyone for your kind thoughts and generosity of spirit.
Annie is going to be so thrilled by this spectacular party and it will be a great opportunity to thank the many supporters on the night.Liz Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 2:10 PM
What you are doing for Annie is just wonderful. She is the bravest young girl I have ever met and the way she has kept positive and smiling through the year has been nothing short of inspirational. Well done to Mel for arranging the party, I know that Annie and her friends are going to have a great time. The party will signify an end to what has been a very challenging year and mark the start of much better times ahead.
Thank youKarin Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 10:01 AM
Hi Neil, my name is Melissa Mcgaw fistly i just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing what your doing for Annie.I think i was all nervous on air and cannot believe it I said the wrong date, its actually saturday the 15th of december not the 14th so sorry . And once again cannot even put into words how grateful we all are.xMelissa Mcgaw Friday 30 November, 2012 - 7:19 PM
Please pass on my comments to Annie and her family.
That I hope they all have a lovely Christmas and healthier 2013. Also that Annie's special party with be filled with all her favourite things like trhe colour purple.
Kyliekylie Friday 30 November, 2012 - 3:03 PM