- Photos: Destructive winds lash the state
- 'Banks need to improve their reputation'
- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save lives'
- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tanya on Photos: Destructive winds lash the state Re the tree down in Coles - Bayswater.Why on earth did someone plant a monstrous gum tree in a car park?The mind boggles. more
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
Adrian Richardson’s sourdough bread
We've had plenty of calls regarding Adrian Richardson's mouth-watering sourdough bread recipe. Give this recipe a go and let us know how your sourdough bread turns out!
In a large bowl, mix together:
3 cups plain flour
1 ½ cups warm water
1 teaspoon dried yeast
1 ½ teaspoon salt
The dough will seem a little wet, this is exactly what you want. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to prove on the bench for 10 to 18 hours. The dough will double in size and seem to be very wet, this is good.
After 10 to 18 hours, you will need a large heavy pot with a tight fitting lid. Dutch oven or Le Creuset pot are perfect.
Preheat your oven at 220°C with the pot and lid in the oven for 25 minutes. When the pot and oven are hot, proceed to Step 3.
Scrape your dough out onto a well-floured bench, dust with more flour and form into a ball shape. The dough will seem very soft and sticky, that’s why you need plenty of flour.
Remove the hot pot from the oven, place the dough into the pot, put the lid on and put back in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes until the dough is well coloured.
Remove the loaf from pot and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Smear with lashings of butter and enjoy.
I have tried three times to make sourdough with a starter every one a disaster!
Thanks so much easy and delicious!
MatMathew Richards Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 2:00 PM
It might be interpteted as glorified domestic damper with controled temperature instructions. I made it twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Am going to try and make a few and see how they freeze, defrost and taste. Fresh is easy as, and unbelievable!Frank Richings Thursday 3 January, 2013 - 8:25 PM
finally made your sour dough bread best ever in simplicity and taste as a chef you have got to be my favourite thank youChristine Wilkinson Monday 15 October, 2012 - 8:41 PM
Wow, just made the other version with bread flour and wholemeal flour. Gorgeous.
No more kneading for me.Lynn Fisher Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 12:45 PM
Made basic Bread recipe, wonderful.
Now trying mixture multi grain bread flour and wholemeal flour. Let you know how it goes.Lynn Fisher Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 11:21 AM
can this bread be made gluten free for all us coeliac'sAnne Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 5:25 PM