- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- Classic or crazy? Cazaly re-made
- Australia in for 'long haul' against ISIS
- George the Goldfish saved with surgery
- 'Players leave': Gillon gives it straight to Bombers caller
- Horrified children find pet dogs mauled in backyard
- 'Drugs war unwinnable, time to legalise'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
- David R on Council backs down over fees Typical heartless unthinking council bureaucrats. And its not the Councillors its the people manning the front desk or the ... more
- mike on Labor's tough new stance against 'evil' So trafficking drugs away from a school is less illegal?And why drug busses? Target pubs/clubs! I hear more and more people ... more
Adrian Richardson’s sourdough bread
We've had plenty of calls regarding Adrian Richardson's mouth-watering sourdough bread recipe. Give this recipe a go and let us know how your sourdough bread turns out!
In a large bowl, mix together:
3 cups plain flour
1 ½ cups warm water
1 teaspoon dried yeast
1 ½ teaspoon salt
The dough will seem a little wet, this is exactly what you want. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to prove on the bench for 10 to 18 hours. The dough will double in size and seem to be very wet, this is good.
After 10 to 18 hours, you will need a large heavy pot with a tight fitting lid. Dutch oven or Le Creuset pot are perfect.
Preheat your oven at 220°C with the pot and lid in the oven for 25 minutes. When the pot and oven are hot, proceed to Step 3.
Scrape your dough out onto a well-floured bench, dust with more flour and form into a ball shape. The dough will seem very soft and sticky, that’s why you need plenty of flour.
Remove the hot pot from the oven, place the dough into the pot, put the lid on and put back in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes until the dough is well coloured.
Remove the loaf from pot and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Smear with lashings of butter and enjoy.
I have tried three times to make sourdough with a starter every one a disaster!
Thanks so much easy and delicious!
MatMathew Richards Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 2:00 PM
It might be interpteted as glorified domestic damper with controled temperature instructions. I made it twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Am going to try and make a few and see how they freeze, defrost and taste. Fresh is easy as, and unbelievable!Frank Richings Thursday 3 January, 2013 - 8:25 PM
finally made your sour dough bread best ever in simplicity and taste as a chef you have got to be my favourite thank youChristine Wilkinson Monday 15 October, 2012 - 8:41 PM
Wow, just made the other version with bread flour and wholemeal flour. Gorgeous.
No more kneading for me.Lynn Fisher Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 12:45 PM
Made basic Bread recipe, wonderful.
Now trying mixture multi grain bread flour and wholemeal flour. Let you know how it goes.Lynn Fisher Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 11:21 AM
can this bread be made gluten free for all us coeliac'sAnne Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 5:25 PM