- The King Kong stunt that terrified Neil Mitchell
- Surely they can't be serious
- Career changes: From butcher to opera singer
- If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's studio...
- Greg Davies steps down as Victoria Police Association Secretary
- Kids and sports betting: The AFL & state government have a problem
- An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd and Denis Hart
- Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor on Flinders Street rail tracks
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- fay silk on The King Kong stunt that terrified Neil ... not king kong. It would take more than a stunt to make me see this rubbish. more
- fay silk on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... the gay marriage debate is a smoke screen so that secret policies such as Agenda 21 don't get a word spoken about them. more
- Sinbad on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... 'Fruitloop' continues with her illogical, inaccurate and generally offensive tirades against anything in uniform, in a ... more
- Glenn on Surely they can't be serious If men want to wear dresses why not? Some women have been dressing like men for years. It's true most blokes have pretty ... more
- PJ on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... Labor could have brought in Equal Marriage 6 years ago. It's only talking about it now, today, because we're 4 months out ... more
- jgl Melb on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... "If Jesus walked into the studio"...Hang on didn't Hinch get the flick a while back? more
- Henry on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... The majority of advertisements on web sites are automatically generated based on the content of the page as well as past ... more
- Frank Varga on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Just as well that they don't show re-runs of the Paul Hogan Show any more. Poor old Hoges would be referred to as a ... more
- mylene on Greg Davies steps down as Victoria ... Bring back Paul 'The Fish' Mullett. :) more
- mylene on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... How ridiculous. Everybody knows Jesus is a 774 listener :p more
- Sarah on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... What the hell is Greg saying I had to re-read it three times to understand his point, which I still do not understand. more
- mylene on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Blaming the dead guy is an old tactic. That Neil fell for it is just pathetic. more
- Sophie on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... I agree, but I must say that I hate all the 3AW promotion of sports betting. I know you have no say in this Neil, but on the ... more
- lesson in manners needed on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... They were probably drinking coffee, which is what they do, with the age group employed now. Also observed sipping coffee at ... more
- Greg on Greg Davies steps down as Victoria ... Has anyone thought about a Police Officer being the Secretary of the Victoria Police Association being a conflict of ... more
- Barry on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Kevin who? We all thought he was not an invertebrate or is he not really because to be able to wriggle that much when it ... more
- Linda on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... One thing Mitchell missed this morning to get a horror circus trio: Dr Failure Hewson believes he can review his position as ... more
- Gina on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Talking about YUK?When you use your mouth as a toilet hole or stick stuff in what would be your toilet device then review ... more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... @Faye, totally agree, these mindless fools who worship a sky fairy have the nerve to tell other people how to live their ... more
- jgl Melb on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... @GREG...WTF?? more
Adrian Richardson’s sourdough bread
We've had plenty of calls regarding Adrian Richardson's mouth-watering sourdough bread recipe. Give this recipe a go and let us know how your sourdough bread turns out!
In a large bowl, mix together:
3 cups plain flour
1 ½ cups warm water
1 teaspoon dried yeast
1 ½ teaspoon salt
The dough will seem a little wet, this is exactly what you want. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to prove on the bench for 10 to 18 hours. The dough will double in size and seem to be very wet, this is good.
After 10 to 18 hours, you will need a large heavy pot with a tight fitting lid. Dutch oven or Le Creuset pot are perfect.
Preheat your oven at 220°C with the pot and lid in the oven for 25 minutes. When the pot and oven are hot, proceed to Step 3.
Scrape your dough out onto a well-floured bench, dust with more flour and form into a ball shape. The dough will seem very soft and sticky, that’s why you need plenty of flour.
Remove the hot pot from the oven, place the dough into the pot, put the lid on and put back in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes until the dough is well coloured.
Remove the loaf from pot and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Smear with lashings of butter and enjoy.
I have tried three times to make sourdough with a starter every one a disaster!
Thanks so much easy and delicious!
MatMathew Richards Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 2:00 PM
It might be interpteted as glorified domestic damper with controled temperature instructions. I made it twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Am going to try and make a few and see how they freeze, defrost and taste. Fresh is easy as, and unbelievable!Frank Richings Thursday 3 January, 2013 - 8:25 PM
finally made your sour dough bread best ever in simplicity and taste as a chef you have got to be my favourite thank youChristine Wilkinson Monday 15 October, 2012 - 8:41 PM
Wow, just made the other version with bread flour and wholemeal flour. Gorgeous.
No more kneading for me.Lynn Fisher Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 12:45 PM
Made basic Bread recipe, wonderful.
Now trying mixture multi grain bread flour and wholemeal flour. Let you know how it goes.Lynn Fisher Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 11:21 AM
can this bread be made gluten free for all us coeliac'sAnne Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 5:25 PM