- David Davis denies Greg Sassella dispute
- Plan B: 'We have no choice'
- The Leaning Tower of Stupidity
- 'I do hate this guy, he killed my husband': Sue Parsons
- 'Something needs to be done about this'
- 'You're responsible': Socialist Moreland councillor points the finger at Neil
- Germaine Greer has just kicked Bambi
- 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- poppitt on Plan B: 'We have no choice' If you have debt you pay interest. The more debt the more interest. Why is it people do not want to pay the debt? Do they ... more
- Lukew on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The attack on that poor Muslim woman was appalling and would be roundly detested by most people. However, the Moreland ... more
- brendon on 'Something needs to be done about this' total moron !!!!! more
- Frances on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... HOW ON EARTH WAS SOMEONE LIKE SUE BOLTON EVEN ELECTED INTO BECOMING COUNCILLOR??? MAKING MASSIVE ACCUSATIONS OF PEOPLE ... more
- PJ on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Four things need to happen to solve the problem:1.The continued expansion and growing influence of ISIS/ISIL needs to be ... more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... She is a PERSON,That wants to divide us. "IN OUR SOCIETY.??? more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This Sue Bolton is an absolute disgrace to the people that voted her in. more
- John on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Cr Bolton you are a disgrace. You are unbelievable and totally lacking in credability. more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Something needs to be done about this' If I saw this happen I would have grabbed the guy and pulled him off. This is utterly reckless. more
- AA on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... I no longer listen to 3AW. It is clear that the station and its commentators are doing nothing about promoting ... more
- andy on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... cr bolton is going to be in state/ federal,she sounds just like a politician more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... does not like it when he is accused of something but boy, can he hand it out.... more
- Ricta on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... White, anglo saxon people should be banned from protesting on racial issues.1 of the biggest problems in this world is ... more
- Barney on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Councillor Sue Bolton reminds me of the saying " if you cant be part of the solution ,don't be part of the problem . 3aw ... more
- Gloria on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Sue Bolton is a radical left wing Socialist, she is a trouble maker and was very strongly opposed to CCTV in Moreland. This ... more
- poppitt on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The Burqa should be banned the in the same way as motor bike helmets etc., in banks, fuel stations, and when stopped by the ... more
- Jester4212 on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This councillor is truly unbelievable. more
- acetrim on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... its always about slowing cars down but never about slowing trucks down bring the speed down to 80 ks more
- Ran on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' These Government job agencies don't find jobs. They get a cut when a jobseeker finds a job without their help. They're main ... more
- David R on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' "breaches human rights obligations"... Really , in what universe? Does that apply to all parts of the globe? Does that apply ... more
Adrian Richardson’s sourdough bread
We've had plenty of calls regarding Adrian Richardson's mouth-watering sourdough bread recipe. Give this recipe a go and let us know how your sourdough bread turns out!
In a large bowl, mix together:
3 cups plain flour
1 ½ cups warm water
1 teaspoon dried yeast
1 ½ teaspoon salt
The dough will seem a little wet, this is exactly what you want. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to prove on the bench for 10 to 18 hours. The dough will double in size and seem to be very wet, this is good.
After 10 to 18 hours, you will need a large heavy pot with a tight fitting lid. Dutch oven or Le Creuset pot are perfect.
Preheat your oven at 220°C with the pot and lid in the oven for 25 minutes. When the pot and oven are hot, proceed to Step 3.
Scrape your dough out onto a well-floured bench, dust with more flour and form into a ball shape. The dough will seem very soft and sticky, that’s why you need plenty of flour.
Remove the hot pot from the oven, place the dough into the pot, put the lid on and put back in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes until the dough is well coloured.
Remove the loaf from pot and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Smear with lashings of butter and enjoy.
I have tried three times to make sourdough with a starter every one a disaster!
Thanks so much easy and delicious!
MatMathew Richards Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 2:00 PM
It might be interpteted as glorified domestic damper with controled temperature instructions. I made it twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Am going to try and make a few and see how they freeze, defrost and taste. Fresh is easy as, and unbelievable!Frank Richings Thursday 3 January, 2013 - 8:25 PM
finally made your sour dough bread best ever in simplicity and taste as a chef you have got to be my favourite thank youChristine Wilkinson Monday 15 October, 2012 - 8:41 PM
Wow, just made the other version with bread flour and wholemeal flour. Gorgeous.
No more kneading for me.Lynn Fisher Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 12:45 PM
Made basic Bread recipe, wonderful.
Now trying mixture multi grain bread flour and wholemeal flour. Let you know how it goes.Lynn Fisher Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 11:21 AM
can this bread be made gluten free for all us coeliac'sAnne Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 5:25 PM