- Germaine Greer has just kicked Bambi
- 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid'
- What's the cost of scrapping EW Link?
- Beams' transfer a sign of trouble?
- Melbourne-Geelong speed increase dismissed - for now
- 'Congratulations Melbourne'
- 'Melbourne is evolving by accident'
- Toddler hospitalised after snake bite
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ran on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' These Government job agencies don't find jobs. They get a cut when a jobseeker finds a job without their help. They're main ... more
- David R on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' "breaches human rights obligations"... Really , in what universe? Does that apply to all parts of the globe? Does that apply ... more
- poppitt on What's the cost of scrapping EW Link? Maybe the liberals should have ripped up the desal contract, and the myki contract, may have saved some money there too! We ... more
- Peggy on What's the cost of scrapping EW Link? Instead of forcing us to vote Liberal at the November election because it will cost us far too much to vote Labor, Liberals ... more
- Dave on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... Maybe they don't want to change the speed limit to 110 kph because that would mean that they would have to adjust the speed ... more
- Mark on 'Melbourne is evolving by accident' Neil is so out of tough with reality! All major cities around the World have to have highrise apartment buildings. Melbourne ... more
- PJ on 'Melbourne is evolving by accident' the elephant in the room is immigration. Mass immigration. In the UK Labor apologised for it. It brings more problems that ... more
- otto on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... To raise the limit on an existing road, would be detrimental to the revenue raising machine and nanny state road safety ... more
- Glenda on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... What about the 80k speed limit on the Calder freeway - about 23k of slowway between Keilor & Thunderdome at Calder ... more
- Peggy on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... Rubbish.They need to decrease limits not increase due to not making enough from speeding fines now. more
- michael on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... To raise the limit on an existing road would be detrimental to the revenue raising machine and nanny state road safety ... more
- acetrim on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... not a word about hawks supporters booing goodes every time he went near the ball more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... The Speed limit on the Geelong road is too high. The Police are right not to increase it. There are to many trill seekers on ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Jeff Kennett: 'Don't boo Buddy' Don't worry Jeff we won't boo Buddy we'll all boo you Jeff for stuffing up the state when you were in power. more
- Jason & Lissy on Jeff Kennett: 'Don't boo Buddy' Lissy & I say that there are Victorians who will not be getting behind Hawthorn and those who will be. more
- Milton on Jeff Kennett: 'Don't boo Buddy' Jeff: I agree with you booing anyone is poor sportsmanship and childish. more
- Aaaa on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... It doesn't set a good example does it! Just proves how easily anyone can get away with a situation like this. They are ... more
- Lukew on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... What would be enough? more
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
Alan Jones was 'hateful, bitter and totally unacceptable'
I hope this surprises no one who listens to this program but I believe what Alan Jones said about the Prime Minister’s late father was offensive, hateful, bitter and totally unacceptable.
We are better than that in this country, We have to be better than that.
Alan Jones, The Sydney Broadcaster, goes on about people he doesn’t like being un-Australian. These comments to their very core are un-Australian, and the way they have been widely condemned proves it.
His apology was weak, but I don’t like the way this is turning either.
The government is trying to link Tony Abbott to this. This is not far.
Abbott is not responsible for what this gorilla, Jones, does. But he should condemn it unequivocally and he hasn’t. He should have condemned it in stronger terms and he must do that today.
Jones should apologise properly and he hasn’t. But all these calls to sack Jones and to silence him and everything, that is just nonsense.
That is wrong. Condemn him. Don’t listen to him, but don’t turn him into a martyr.
The government is using this for political mileage.
The Prime Minister to her credit is standing above it and having nothing to do with it. But her team, Nicola Roxon and the rest of them are using his disgraceful performance for political point scoring.
This is unbelievable....all this hate against AJ for his insensitive comments about JG's father when there are much much bigger issues confronting the nation today like slowing economy, job losses, longer health queues, declining education standards, rising crime rates, transport problems etc., etc. If you want to get angry over something, try focussing on real issues like what Rudd/JG did by dismantling the Pacific solution resulting in loss of lives and $billions wasted just because these 2 want to be popular and retain their job as PM. What AJ said are only words but what Rudd/JG did cost lives. And the $billions wasted could have easily built a hospital (or two), given us more police and school teachers, better roads.....get real people and use your energy to get improve the nation rather than rant over some silly comment!a loh Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 4:39 AM
Neil Mitchell you have never stopped villifying Julia Gillard since she got into politices. I seriously wonder about your obvious hatred of women in general let alone if they successful. Some years ago you used to go on and on about the women of Brighten. It was then that you showed your true colours of how you really felt about women. Your patronizing retorique re Mike Tyson is so sickening. You fool no one.leemob Thursday 4 October, 2012 - 2:50 PM
neil, what jones said about the pm, is not the same as what was said to john howard ! you can not compare the statements being on the same line . what alan jones stated is totaly " as he would be a low life " as for howard it could be stated that he was a traitor to the australian people , as for you i wonder sometime how level handed you really are when it come to ? labour or liberals !! cheers paulpaul boncristiano Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 10:13 PM
Who cares?Ivan@kinnane Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 8:35 PM
Your all missing the point,Allan Jones andTonyAbbots sister are both gay,and who opposes gay marriage,yeah right,now who's parents are ashamed now,not the Primeministers that's for sure!Garry Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 6:46 PM
And i heard the other day Tony saying he is expecting dirty politics from Labour Party ......little did he know the dirty politics ...goona start from his side......what now!!!! Is Tony going to distance from this idiot ......no....n thats the co-relation why Tony is dragged into it.....Mr. NeilManny Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 12:31 PM