- Metro sticking to heat policy
- What NBN means for the Average Joe
- Triple Zero for all sorts of emergencies
- NBN BS must stop: Turnbull
- 'Who's accountable for this mess?'
- Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake Santa video
- Boy suspended for kissing girl's hand
- 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou a liar'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Damian on Red-Light debacle: 'Vicroads have ... I was issued a ticket for red light on Warrigal and North Road on 26 September 2013. Reading through your columns I notice ... more
- senseless on 'Today is a day for victory': ... Unvelievable, buy back solarium beds at the peoples expense to get them off the streets - then mandate the smart meter ... more
- Peggy on Father wants dog put down after attack @smilingjack, you really hate dogs don't you.Dogs are animals and not babysitters, so when a child who is left alone with a ... more
- Gloria on Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake ... Two young people rattling tin for donations to Greenpeace outside Preston Market on Saturday. I asked them if they actually ... more
- PJ on NBN BS must stop: Turnbull Labors NBN- omitted from the normal audit process for Government policy (oh ooh hello)- only 3 years old and 2 years behind- ... more
- smilingjack on Father wants dog put down after attack its amazing how all cartoon dogs and dogs in adas magically have big smiles and no teeth. all dogs are killers. full stop. ... more
- Mark on NBN BS must stop: Turnbull Tim Holding destroyed Victoria's water policies and walked away with no consequences more
- Bostwick on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Without defending James Hird's part in all of this, it seems to me that all through this process the AFL has wanted to have ... more
- Nat on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Peggy, Its not that cyclists don't want to be identified, ask to see my ID any day of the week on the bike and I'll pass it ... more
- Steve on Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake ... Greepeace; a bunch of losers I bet they won't interfere with Russian ships again>... more
- David T. on Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake ... What else but offensive promotional stunts, can we expect from a bunch of leftist idiots. more
- Solomons' Sword on Analogue TV switch-off 999 channels and still nothing worth watching! more
- CHRIS WATTS on NBN BS must stop: Turnbull i thought turnbulls' boss said that they would not be blaming previous governments for anything, pity he has forgotten what ... more
- bee on 'Who's accountable for this mess?' I am sick and tired of Governments (Labour Especially) getting the country into so much debt and the taxpayers having to ... more
- Christine on Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake ... So ....my impression of this video is this: Greenpeace is holding Santa hostage and forcing him at gunpoint to spew their ... more
- mandy on Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake ... I think its how you perceive it I mean advertising agencies have churned out so many offensive ads over the years on certain ... more
- Samuel J on 'Who's accountable for this mess?' There should be a legal mechanism where politicians such as Rudd and Gillard who have seriously stuffed up our country ... more
- David T. on Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake ... Poor old "Greenpeace". They are finding it increasingly difficult to appear relevant in the "Save The World" movement. Now, ... more
- Aaron on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl There is a difference between reasonable force and excessive force. Head slamming someone into the ground is in my view ... more
- me on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... The cyclist should be arrested and charged with assault and battery and the woman should probably attend traffic school to ... more
Alan Jones was 'hateful, bitter and totally unacceptable'
I hope this surprises no one who listens to this program but I believe what Alan Jones said about the Prime Minister’s late father was offensive, hateful, bitter and totally unacceptable.
We are better than that in this country, We have to be better than that.
Alan Jones, The Sydney Broadcaster, goes on about people he doesn’t like being un-Australian. These comments to their very core are un-Australian, and the way they have been widely condemned proves it.
His apology was weak, but I don’t like the way this is turning either.
The government is trying to link Tony Abbott to this. This is not far.
Abbott is not responsible for what this gorilla, Jones, does. But he should condemn it unequivocally and he hasn’t. He should have condemned it in stronger terms and he must do that today.
Jones should apologise properly and he hasn’t. But all these calls to sack Jones and to silence him and everything, that is just nonsense.
That is wrong. Condemn him. Don’t listen to him, but don’t turn him into a martyr.
The government is using this for political mileage.
The Prime Minister to her credit is standing above it and having nothing to do with it. But her team, Nicola Roxon and the rest of them are using his disgraceful performance for political point scoring.
This is unbelievable....all this hate against AJ for his insensitive comments about JG's father when there are much much bigger issues confronting the nation today like slowing economy, job losses, longer health queues, declining education standards, rising crime rates, transport problems etc., etc. If you want to get angry over something, try focussing on real issues like what Rudd/JG did by dismantling the Pacific solution resulting in loss of lives and $billions wasted just because these 2 want to be popular and retain their job as PM. What AJ said are only words but what Rudd/JG did cost lives. And the $billions wasted could have easily built a hospital (or two), given us more police and school teachers, better roads.....get real people and use your energy to get improve the nation rather than rant over some silly comment!a loh Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 4:39 AM
Neil Mitchell you have never stopped villifying Julia Gillard since she got into politices. I seriously wonder about your obvious hatred of women in general let alone if they successful. Some years ago you used to go on and on about the women of Brighten. It was then that you showed your true colours of how you really felt about women. Your patronizing retorique re Mike Tyson is so sickening. You fool no one.leemob Thursday 4 October, 2012 - 2:50 PM
neil, what jones said about the pm, is not the same as what was said to john howard ! you can not compare the statements being on the same line . what alan jones stated is totaly " as he would be a low life " as for howard it could be stated that he was a traitor to the australian people , as for you i wonder sometime how level handed you really are when it come to ? labour or liberals !! cheers paulpaul boncristiano Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 10:13 PM
Who cares?Ivan@kinnane Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 8:35 PM
Your all missing the point,Allan Jones andTonyAbbots sister are both gay,and who opposes gay marriage,yeah right,now who's parents are ashamed now,not the Primeministers that's for sure!Garry Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 6:46 PM
And i heard the other day Tony saying he is expecting dirty politics from Labour Party ......little did he know the dirty politics ...goona start from his side......what now!!!! Is Tony going to distance from this idiot ......no....n thats the co-relation why Tony is dragged into it.....Mr. NeilManny Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 12:31 PM