- Brave victims snap attackers
- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- Calls to legalise marijuana
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Alarming increase in methamphetamine use in Victoria
LISTEN BELOW: Assistant Commissioner Steven Fontana speaks with Neil Mitchell
NEIL MITCHELL: Drugs are a big issue today.
We have Collingwood Football club saying there is an illegal drug problem in football. At last that is being recognised
And I agree with Jon Anderson on 3AW Breakfast. This says to me there is a drug scandal that will break in football.
I’ve heard whispers it was brewing last season and I haven’t confirmed it so I won’t broadcast a rumour.
Also today we have surf life saving with a drug scandal emerging..
And we have police figures that show ice usage in Victoria. Meth amphetamine has increased 58.2 per cent in a year.
That is massive. That is terrifying.
But is it a surprise? A gold medallist Matthew Mitcham was in to it.
He told me this on Friday: "I wasn’t using it to party. I wasn’t using to get really messed up. I was using it just to dull and numb the feelings that I was feeling, the depression that I was feeling because I just didn’t want to feel that way anymore".
So we have footballers, elite athletes. Little wonder it is popular.
But the problem here. In fact there are two problems.
Cannabis is more broadly used but ice is soaring and cost up to $1000 a gram.
That means crime is up, the crime to pay for it (I guess unless you are an elite athlete with a lot of money).
And the other issue: How do you get the message through?
We will pursue both issues today.
The increase, the danger to us in crime and what to do about it.
This remember is one of the most dangerous illegal drugs around and our drug culture clearly is growing.
LISTEN: Assistant Commissioner Steven Fontana speaks with Neil Mitchell
Absolutely terrifying to think of the damage caused by this evil filthy stuff, I work with someone who said his niece was using the stuff, and only in her early 20â??s has serious kidney & liver damage, I have heard that some of the ingredients put into this garbage are caustic soda, traces of rat poison etc. don't know if that's correct, but the users can never possibly know what is in the garbage, manufactures of this evil menace should be jailed for life.Jan Friday 14 December, 2012 - 1:08 PM
You all said the same thing 9 years ago and you will be saying the same thing in another 9 years.Matt Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 1:59 PM
My nephew has been a cannabis smoker since his mid-teensand was introduced to Ice by his then girlfriend about 5 years ago. Since then,he has had two stints in a psychiatric facility to treat drug induced psychosis and schizophrenia and can no longer work and is supported by his mother who has gone back to work to pay his rent and bills> He says he doesn't steal he just keeps "borrowing" money from family and friends but now everyone has wised up so who knows how he will pay for his drug use now. It has affected not only his life (he is 40!his mother is an emotional/physical wreck who can never relax or sleep properly as is always waiting for "that" call and there have been many incidences with the CAT team and police. It alters the brain chemistry and is far worse than heroin...Michelle A Friday 30 November, 2012 - 11:53 AM
It is time we stop treating illegal drug users softly, hand out on the spot fines if caught with ANY quantity.
Educate people that it is not only harmful but anti social. The money spent on drugs is taken out of the legal system - so there is less money for Governments to spend on infrastructure, such as hospitals, but drug users also actively support the evil criminal gangs who use violence, stand over tactics and murder to get their way. Imagine living in Mexico with over 11,000 deaths in 2010. OUR drug users bear the shame and guilt associated with this crime.Ray in Berwick Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 6:17 PM
The increase in drug use does not surprise me. Many people use drugs to numb their feelings. But man has been using drugs to alter his thoughts/mind for centuries too.Greg Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 4:37 PM