- Germaine Greer has just kicked Bambi
- 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid'
- What's the cost of scrapping EW Link?
- Beams' transfer a sign of trouble?
- Melbourne-Geelong speed increase dismissed - for now
- 'Congratulations Melbourne'
- 'Melbourne is evolving by accident'
- Toddler hospitalised after snake bite
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ran on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' These Government job agencies don't find jobs. They get a cut when a jobseeker finds a job without their help. They're main ... more
- David R on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' "breaches human rights obligations"... Really , in what universe? Does that apply to all parts of the globe? Does that apply ... more
- poppitt on What's the cost of scrapping EW Link? Maybe the liberals should have ripped up the desal contract, and the myki contract, may have saved some money there too! We ... more
- Peggy on What's the cost of scrapping EW Link? Instead of forcing us to vote Liberal at the November election because it will cost us far too much to vote Labor, Liberals ... more
- Dave on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... Maybe they don't want to change the speed limit to 110 kph because that would mean that they would have to adjust the speed ... more
- Mark on 'Melbourne is evolving by accident' Neil is so out of tough with reality! All major cities around the World have to have highrise apartment buildings. Melbourne ... more
- PJ on 'Melbourne is evolving by accident' the elephant in the room is immigration. Mass immigration. In the UK Labor apologised for it. It brings more problems that ... more
- otto on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... To raise the limit on an existing road, would be detrimental to the revenue raising machine and nanny state road safety ... more
- Glenda on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... What about the 80k speed limit on the Calder freeway - about 23k of slowway between Keilor & Thunderdome at Calder ... more
- Peggy on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... Rubbish.They need to decrease limits not increase due to not making enough from speeding fines now. more
- michael on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... To raise the limit on an existing road would be detrimental to the revenue raising machine and nanny state road safety ... more
- acetrim on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... not a word about hawks supporters booing goodes every time he went near the ball more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... The Speed limit on the Geelong road is too high. The Police are right not to increase it. There are to many trill seekers on ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Jeff Kennett: 'Don't boo Buddy' Don't worry Jeff we won't boo Buddy we'll all boo you Jeff for stuffing up the state when you were in power. more
- Jason & Lissy on Jeff Kennett: 'Don't boo Buddy' Lissy & I say that there are Victorians who will not be getting behind Hawthorn and those who will be. more
- Milton on Jeff Kennett: 'Don't boo Buddy' Jeff: I agree with you booing anyone is poor sportsmanship and childish. more
- Aaaa on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... It doesn't set a good example does it! Just proves how easily anyone can get away with a situation like this. They are ... more
- Lukew on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... What would be enough? more
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
Are you sick of all the sob stories on The Voice?
Are you sick of sob stories dominating The Voice?
Neil Mitchell’s TV reviewer Jane Holmes certainly is, saying the top-rating TV talent quest has become ‘a tad exploitative’.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Are you sick of the sob stories on The Voice? Do the back stories influence the way you perceive their performance? Comment below
"We had the boy with the stutter (and) last night, we had the boy on crutches because he'd had an awful asthma attack as a child and lost the ability to walk," Jane Holmes said.
Shawne Kirke on The Voice last night told of his severe asthma attack which rendered him reliant on crutches. (Photo: Nine Network)
"You can't help but feel awful that these things happen, and then you feel good that people are strong enough to overcome adversity.
"But it seems you don't get on the show unless you've overcome some sort of adversity."
LISTEN: Jane Holmes with Neil Mitchell discussing 'The Voice':
I'm sick of the vainglorious prigs that host the show. In fact I'm sick of most of the prime time crap served up on television!
Benny Hill and On The Buses, please.the serial pest Thursday 18 April, 2013 - 4:16 PM
This show, like most so-called reality shows, all those cooking and other talent shows, are sooooo contrived. Watched this one twice now wouldn't watch if it was the only show on TV.Gloss Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 7:14 PM
Forget the sob stories, I'm over all singing shows and howling that goes on in cooking shows as well>..Steve Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 3:00 PM
i think there is no need for the sob stories.they are there to sing and win, not to air there dirty linen or family history on tv.and not everyone wishes to hear it.carmel jones Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 1:56 PM
About 60% of the contestants with sob stories have failed dismally. Most of the sons, daughters, brothers and sisters of celebrities and former contestants haven't reached the Battle Rounds either. It seems that's it's much more about 'The Voice' this year.mylene Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 12:17 PM