- 'The Easter Bunny is bad for kids'
- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Are you sick of all the sob stories on The Voice?
Are you sick of sob stories dominating The Voice?
Neil Mitchell’s TV reviewer Jane Holmes certainly is, saying the top-rating TV talent quest has become ‘a tad exploitative’.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Are you sick of the sob stories on The Voice? Do the back stories influence the way you perceive their performance? Comment below
"We had the boy with the stutter (and) last night, we had the boy on crutches because he'd had an awful asthma attack as a child and lost the ability to walk," Jane Holmes said.
Shawne Kirke on The Voice last night told of his severe asthma attack which rendered him reliant on crutches. (Photo: Nine Network)
"You can't help but feel awful that these things happen, and then you feel good that people are strong enough to overcome adversity.
"But it seems you don't get on the show unless you've overcome some sort of adversity."
LISTEN: Jane Holmes with Neil Mitchell discussing 'The Voice':
I'm sick of the vainglorious prigs that host the show. In fact I'm sick of most of the prime time crap served up on television!
Benny Hill and On The Buses, please.the serial pest Thursday 18 April, 2013 - 4:16 PM
This show, like most so-called reality shows, all those cooking and other talent shows, are sooooo contrived. Watched this one twice now wouldn't watch if it was the only show on TV.Gloss Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 7:14 PM
Forget the sob stories, I'm over all singing shows and howling that goes on in cooking shows as well>..Steve Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 3:00 PM
i think there is no need for the sob stories.they are there to sing and win, not to air there dirty linen or family history on tv.and not everyone wishes to hear it.carmel jones Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 1:56 PM
About 60% of the contestants with sob stories have failed dismally. Most of the sons, daughters, brothers and sisters of celebrities and former contestants haven't reached the Battle Rounds either. It seems that's it's much more about 'The Voice' this year.mylene Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 12:17 PM