- Gay couple marry despite expected challenge
- Qantas ads 'political spin'
- Christmas cheer for young Rhyan
- Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl
- Take away Camilleri's privileges
- Racial abuse on the rise
- Why demean Gallipoli?
- 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jack on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl What she did was wrong - not paying for the ticket and hitting the person. No arguement there, but BODY SLAMMING her.Way ... more
- Gorkay on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl She got what she deserved. If I am doing my job and you physically assault me you are going down. I don't care if you are a ... more
- Steve on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl She deserved what she got too many young ones today think they can do or say what they like the do gooders will scream about ... more
- Trent on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl And what if he stuffed up and hit her head on concrete would it have been worth the ticket price? Could of dealt with her in ... more
- Angelo Campolo on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl i've never been assaulted by a ticket inspector... gee it's probably because I don't try and abuse them and hit them if they ... more
- David Laurie on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl All this over a $5 fare - ya joking' more
- Glenn potter on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl She got what she deserved for not having a ticket I hope she get a big fine. more
- raybees on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl She struck out at the attendant. She did a minor criminal act initially and If she did not try to harm the inspector she ... more
- Peggy on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Even if she did hit one of them, there is no way she could do the damage to them that was done to her.If the police won't ... more
- Joe on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Pretty violent but as usual the full story isn't told. Remember if you purchase a ticket and behave yourself you wont get ... more
- David Gridley on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl You cant get police to investigate a petrol drive off but you can smash a kid into a concrete floor for a $5 ticket. She was ... more
- Stephen on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl She got what she deserved. more
- Ben on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Looked completely justified to me. The teenager attacked the authorized officer, do you expect them to just stand there and ... more
- Daniel on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl What's really sad is that they won't try to stop the vandalism, won't stop the grafitti and filth, can't get the PT running ... more
- debra on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl she did hit him in the face more
- trent on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl The video shows the girl first slamming the gate onto the officer, then the girl whacking the officer in the face and then ... more
- Jase on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Why did it take so long for the Police or Pso's to handcuff the female?These Authorise Ofiicers enforce the SAME Transport ... more
- Jason Hunter on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Watched the inspectors at Melbourne Central for 10 minutes last friday at the gates while waiting for a friend. These guys ... more
- Tony on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl The "teen" punches the female authorised officer in the face and then grabs her hair so is taken to the ground. I would ... more
- Al on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl You don't know what happening leading up to the body slam but I travel the train system and sometimes I would like to be ... more
Are you sick of all the sob stories on The Voice?
Are you sick of sob stories dominating The Voice?
Neil Mitchell’s TV reviewer Jane Holmes certainly is, saying the top-rating TV talent quest has become ‘a tad exploitative’.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Are you sick of the sob stories on The Voice? Do the back stories influence the way you perceive their performance? Comment below
"We had the boy with the stutter (and) last night, we had the boy on crutches because he'd had an awful asthma attack as a child and lost the ability to walk," Jane Holmes said.
Shawne Kirke on The Voice last night told of his severe asthma attack which rendered him reliant on crutches. (Photo: Nine Network)
"You can't help but feel awful that these things happen, and then you feel good that people are strong enough to overcome adversity.
"But it seems you don't get on the show unless you've overcome some sort of adversity."
LISTEN: Jane Holmes with Neil Mitchell discussing 'The Voice':
I'm sick of the vainglorious prigs that host the show. In fact I'm sick of most of the prime time crap served up on television!
Benny Hill and On The Buses, please.the serial pest Thursday 18 April, 2013 - 4:16 PM
This show, like most so-called reality shows, all those cooking and other talent shows, are sooooo contrived. Watched this one twice now wouldn't watch if it was the only show on TV.Gloss Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 7:14 PM
Forget the sob stories, I'm over all singing shows and howling that goes on in cooking shows as well>..Steve Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 3:00 PM
i think there is no need for the sob stories.they are there to sing and win, not to air there dirty linen or family history on tv.and not everyone wishes to hear it.carmel jones Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 1:56 PM
About 60% of the contestants with sob stories have failed dismally. Most of the sons, daughters, brothers and sisters of celebrities and former contestants haven't reached the Battle Rounds either. It seems that's it's much more about 'The Voice' this year.mylene Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 12:17 PM