- Child attacked by stranger in park
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Officers face misconduct hearing
- Offensive graffiti to be removed
- AFLPA fires back at ASADA
- 'I hope I never have to do it again'
- Why your digital TV cuts out
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
Are you sick of all the sob stories on The Voice?
Are you sick of sob stories dominating The Voice?
Neil Mitchell’s TV reviewer Jane Holmes certainly is, saying the top-rating TV talent quest has become ‘a tad exploitative’.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Are you sick of the sob stories on The Voice? Do the back stories influence the way you perceive their performance? Comment below
"We had the boy with the stutter (and) last night, we had the boy on crutches because he'd had an awful asthma attack as a child and lost the ability to walk," Jane Holmes said.
Shawne Kirke on The Voice last night told of his severe asthma attack which rendered him reliant on crutches. (Photo: Nine Network)
"You can't help but feel awful that these things happen, and then you feel good that people are strong enough to overcome adversity.
"But it seems you don't get on the show unless you've overcome some sort of adversity."
LISTEN: Jane Holmes with Neil Mitchell discussing 'The Voice':
I'm sick of the vainglorious prigs that host the show. In fact I'm sick of most of the prime time crap served up on television!
Benny Hill and On The Buses, please.the serial pest Thursday 18 April, 2013 - 4:16 PM
This show, like most so-called reality shows, all those cooking and other talent shows, are sooooo contrived. Watched this one twice now wouldn't watch if it was the only show on TV.Gloss Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 7:14 PM
Forget the sob stories, I'm over all singing shows and howling that goes on in cooking shows as well>..Steve Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 3:00 PM
i think there is no need for the sob stories.they are there to sing and win, not to air there dirty linen or family history on tv.and not everyone wishes to hear it.carmel jones Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 1:56 PM
About 60% of the contestants with sob stories have failed dismally. Most of the sons, daughters, brothers and sisters of celebrities and former contestants haven't reached the Battle Rounds either. It seems that's it's much more about 'The Voice' this year.mylene Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 12:17 PM