- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- Melbourne's rail horror
- Beach rules are a dog's breakfast
- East West protestors vow to continue fight
- Setting the record Strait
- Tyler Fishlock gets the 'all clear'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
- PH on Hinch freed from jail sans beard My first though looking at that photo was Darren James in 30 years time. more
- Pat Heuvel on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Definitely not the right thing to do. You want to crack down on someone? crack down on the ones that use their phones while ... more
- darrin on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn your lucky i know people have had to spend 1 day per $100 but i guess like most people with some fame to there name ... more
- Sarah on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truck drivers are constantly speeding on the roads I travel. I have watched a truck in front of me lose control and jack ... more
- joe on 'We need to get tough on truckies' I think a good idea for the point system on your licence is that the first 4 points are normal fines. Then next 4 points are ... more
- Russell Watts on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Neil, it should not matter if you are a truck driver or not, if you lose 12 points then you lose your licence. But the laws ... more
- Andrew on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Hi Neil. Why not extend fines to trucking companies as well as drivers? Truck company gets the same fine as the driver? Or a ... more
- poppitt on 'We need to get tough on truckies' They are supposed to be professional drivers, they are supposed to know the law. I think most truck drivers are fantastic ... more
- poppitt on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... Everything packaged or not should be labelled. It is not enough for the customer to ask, my son has gluten intolernace, asks ... more
- Wendy on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... How ridiculous not having to label fresh salad ingredients by law! It's still got ingredients and someone is still going to ... more
- Hazel Finney on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Bass Coast Council brought this ban through without proper consultation from the public. more
- Olga on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast We pay to camp on the foreshore on the peninsula where dogs can roam all day. They pee on our towels our kids are scared. ... more
- Aria Judilla on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Forget the beaches, we can't even take our kids to the park anymore because of the dogs that run up to them and paw them and ... more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast NO CONFIDENCE in the Bass Coast council more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Dogs on a lead at all times along Inverloch beach. Fine then $500 Bass Coast. We got a new Council full of spin and lies and ... more
- ian on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Have you ever sat near or on dog POO. more
Are you sick of all the sob stories on The Voice?
Are you sick of sob stories dominating The Voice?
Neil Mitchell’s TV reviewer Jane Holmes certainly is, saying the top-rating TV talent quest has become ‘a tad exploitative’.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Are you sick of the sob stories on The Voice? Do the back stories influence the way you perceive their performance? Comment below
"We had the boy with the stutter (and) last night, we had the boy on crutches because he'd had an awful asthma attack as a child and lost the ability to walk," Jane Holmes said.
Shawne Kirke on The Voice last night told of his severe asthma attack which rendered him reliant on crutches. (Photo: Nine Network)
"You can't help but feel awful that these things happen, and then you feel good that people are strong enough to overcome adversity.
"But it seems you don't get on the show unless you've overcome some sort of adversity."
LISTEN: Jane Holmes with Neil Mitchell discussing 'The Voice':
I'm sick of the vainglorious prigs that host the show. In fact I'm sick of most of the prime time crap served up on television!
Benny Hill and On The Buses, please.the serial pest Thursday 18 April, 2013 - 4:16 PM
This show, like most so-called reality shows, all those cooking and other talent shows, are sooooo contrived. Watched this one twice now wouldn't watch if it was the only show on TV.Gloss Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 7:14 PM
Forget the sob stories, I'm over all singing shows and howling that goes on in cooking shows as well>..Steve Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 3:00 PM
i think there is no need for the sob stories.they are there to sing and win, not to air there dirty linen or family history on tv.and not everyone wishes to hear it.carmel jones Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 1:56 PM
About 60% of the contestants with sob stories have failed dismally. Most of the sons, daughters, brothers and sisters of celebrities and former contestants haven't reached the Battle Rounds either. It seems that's it's much more about 'The Voice' this year.mylene Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 12:17 PM