- Career changes: From butcher to opera singer
- If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's studio...
- Greg Davies steps down as Victoria Police Association Secretary
- Kids and sports betting: The AFL & state government have a problem
- An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd and Denis Hart
- Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor on Flinders Street rail tracks
- Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour and 22 minutes but still no response
- Show a little tact, Premier Napthine
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- PJ on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... Labor could have brought in Equal Marriage 6 years ago. It's only talking about it now, today, because we're 4 months out ... more
- jgl Melb on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... "If Jesus walked into the studio"...Hang on didn't Hinch get the flick a while back? more
- Henry on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... The majority of advertisements on web sites are automatically generated based on the content of the page as well as past ... more
- Frank Varga on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Just as well that they don't show re-runs of the Paul Hogan Show any more. Poor old Hoges would be referred to as a ... more
- mylene on Greg Davies steps down as Victoria ... Bring back Paul 'The Fish' Mullett. :) more
- mylene on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... How ridiculous. Everybody knows Jesus is a 774 listener :p more
- Sarah on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... What the hell is Greg saying I had to re-read it three times to understand his point, which I still do not understand. more
- mylene on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Blaming the dead guy is an old tactic. That Neil fell for it is just pathetic. more
- Sophie on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... I agree, but I must say that I hate all the 3AW promotion of sports betting. I know you have no say in this Neil, but on the ... more
- lesson in manners needed on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... They were probably drinking coffee, which is what they do, with the age group employed now. Also observed sipping coffee at ... more
- Greg on Greg Davies steps down as Victoria ... Has anyone thought about a Police Officer being the Secretary of the Victoria Police Association being a conflict of ... more
- Barry on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Kevin who? We all thought he was not an invertebrate or is he not really because to be able to wriggle that much when it ... more
- Linda on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... One thing Mitchell missed this morning to get a horror circus trio: Dr Failure Hewson believes he can review his position as ... more
- Gina on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Talking about YUK?When you use your mouth as a toilet hole or stick stuff in what would be your toilet device then review ... more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... @Faye, totally agree, these mindless fools who worship a sky fairy have the nerve to tell other people how to live their ... more
- jgl Melb on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... @GREG...WTF?? more
- Jack2967 on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... This is utterly disgusting. They may as well start advertising alcohol and cigarettes on the same site! This is NOT ... more
- John on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... How did the illogical and offensive post from 'GREG' get through moderation? more
- Rod Bridges on Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor ... The title of this story is misleading, as per usual Mitchell your giant ego has taken over. The guy was never in any danger ... more
- Danny Grose on National Disability Insurance Scheme: ... Just had to ask that if the NDIS age applicability is capped to below 65, and seeing that we have the increased medicare ... more
Aussie Spoon lady goes viral
A talented Aussie spoon playing guru has taken the world by storm with her take on the smash hit Lonely Boy by the Black Keys.
On her website Deb 'Spoons' Perry writes she learnt basic percussion while at school, played in bands in Perth and then around the country.
"After being taught the spoons, she has developed her own entertaining and energetic approach when performing, playing on many parts of her body" the site says and we certainly agree!
Her version on Lonely Boy has reached almost 1-Million views on Youtube in less than a month!
Check out Deb 'Spoons' Perry rock 'n' rolling rendition here:
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Try playing spoons in different ways through the water. A slow, steady retrieval will cause a spoon to wobble gently through the water; while a fast, erratic retrieval will demand that the spoon be noticed, although such a brazen display of wanting to be eaten may scare off more timid trout and bass. And size also matters.plumbing supplies Tuesday 3 July, 2012 - 3:55 PM
Hi Neil, just listening to you today on da radio regarding 'Spoon Playing'. I play the spoons and always love to rattle them to music. I often play with musicians nearby and its just a hoot!!! By the way, I am one on those 'Spoon Players' on youtube....Philoaussie08. Regards and love your programe , best wishes PhilomenaPhilomena Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 5:15 PM