- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- Bob Carr: I didn't deceive Australians
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Bali survivor: I was just a girl that went away on a holiday and it went terribly wrong
IMAGE: Nicole McLean and her father Jim with Neil Mitchell.
A Bali Bombing survivor who lost her arm in the blast has told Neil Mitchell how she wouldn’t let the devastation take her happiness away.
Nicole McLean was 22 when she was in Paddy’s Bar on 12th October, 2002.
"I was just a girl that went away on a holiday and it went terribly wrong," she told Neil Mitchell.
Nicole also had her right thigh blown out, a hole in her back which doctors described as the size of an AFL football, burns across her shoulders and 20 shrapnel injuries, but she said says she doesn’t feel any different.
”Even though I've got one arm I still feel exactly the same way as I did ten years ago,” she said.
Nicole said she felt angry and robbed when her son was born, learning how to do things again like changing nappies and holding a baby.
Nicole said she can still suffer panic attacks when she’s in a confined space with a lot of noise, but brushes off the affect it has on her life.
“202 people died that night so if I go on the rest of my days with the occasional panic and the loss of an arm, I'm not doing too bad," she said.
"Life can throw you curve balls, and it's the way you choose to deal with your life shows your true character.
”If you really want something bad enough in life, you can go out there are get it.”
LISTEN: Nicole McLean speaks with Neil Mitchell:
I unfortunately missed this interview on 3aw as I slept post my usual night shift. I nursed both Nicole and Natalie and I would have loved to call in and Nicole know how proud I am.and what respect I have for her and Natalie and their friends and family. I think of them often. I have our purchased 'Stronger Now' as an Ebook and I loved reading it...even.if I did cry alot. I laughed alot too. Mostly, I am so glad to read that the girls and their families are ok. That they are getting on as best they can with life. I was pregnant with my 4th baby when I nursed the girls. Nicole amazed.me.as.she asked.me.lots of questions on having my baby. I was concerned for her care and she was asking me how I was... Respect is what I have. Thanks for writing the book. It helps more people than you know xoxoCarolyn Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 6:45 AM
Terribly wrong?? No!!! those moron Indonesians hate our guts,put this up 3aw or is not politically correct??Steve Friday 12 October, 2012 - 7:39 PM
Neil, fantastic interview!Nicole you're an inspiration to not only me but all Australians. I am so thankful your my sister and that somehow you made it back to us. Keep smiling "Sunshine".CLINT WILLSHER Friday 12 October, 2012 - 1:26 PM
What a class act. Keep up the positive attitude. All the bestRon from Clayton Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM
Hi, Whats the name of Nicole's book please?
ThanksLee Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM