- David Davis denies Greg Sassella dispute
- Plan B: 'We have no choice'
- The Leaning Tower of Stupidity
- 'I do hate this guy, he killed my husband': Sue Parsons
- 'Something needs to be done about this'
- 'You're responsible': Socialist Moreland councillor points the finger at Neil
- Germaine Greer has just kicked Bambi
- 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- poppitt on Plan B: 'We have no choice' If you have debt you pay interest. The more debt the more interest. Why is it people do not want to pay the debt? Do they ... more
- Lukew on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The attack on that poor Muslim woman was appalling and would be roundly detested by most people. However, the Moreland ... more
- brendon on 'Something needs to be done about this' total moron !!!!! more
- Frances on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... HOW ON EARTH WAS SOMEONE LIKE SUE BOLTON EVEN ELECTED INTO BECOMING COUNCILLOR??? MAKING MASSIVE ACCUSATIONS OF PEOPLE ... more
- PJ on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Four things need to happen to solve the problem:1.The continued expansion and growing influence of ISIS/ISIL needs to be ... more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... She is a PERSON,That wants to divide us. "IN OUR SOCIETY.??? more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This Sue Bolton is an absolute disgrace to the people that voted her in. more
- John on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Cr Bolton you are a disgrace. You are unbelievable and totally lacking in credability. more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Something needs to be done about this' If I saw this happen I would have grabbed the guy and pulled him off. This is utterly reckless. more
- AA on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... I no longer listen to 3AW. It is clear that the station and its commentators are doing nothing about promoting ... more
- andy on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... cr bolton is going to be in state/ federal,she sounds just like a politician more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... does not like it when he is accused of something but boy, can he hand it out.... more
- Ricta on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... White, anglo saxon people should be banned from protesting on racial issues.1 of the biggest problems in this world is ... more
- Barney on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Councillor Sue Bolton reminds me of the saying " if you cant be part of the solution ,don't be part of the problem . 3aw ... more
- Gloria on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Sue Bolton is a radical left wing Socialist, she is a trouble maker and was very strongly opposed to CCTV in Moreland. This ... more
- poppitt on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The Burqa should be banned the in the same way as motor bike helmets etc., in banks, fuel stations, and when stopped by the ... more
- Jester4212 on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This councillor is truly unbelievable. more
- acetrim on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... its always about slowing cars down but never about slowing trucks down bring the speed down to 80 ks more
- Ran on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' These Government job agencies don't find jobs. They get a cut when a jobseeker finds a job without their help. They're main ... more
- David R on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' "breaches human rights obligations"... Really , in what universe? Does that apply to all parts of the globe? Does that apply ... more
Bali survivor: I was just a girl that went away on a holiday and it went terribly wrong
IMAGE: Nicole McLean and her father Jim with Neil Mitchell.
A Bali Bombing survivor who lost her arm in the blast has told Neil Mitchell how she wouldn’t let the devastation take her happiness away.
Nicole McLean was 22 when she was in Paddy’s Bar on 12th October, 2002.
"I was just a girl that went away on a holiday and it went terribly wrong," she told Neil Mitchell.
Nicole also had her right thigh blown out, a hole in her back which doctors described as the size of an AFL football, burns across her shoulders and 20 shrapnel injuries, but she said says she doesn’t feel any different.
”Even though I've got one arm I still feel exactly the same way as I did ten years ago,” she said.
Nicole said she felt angry and robbed when her son was born, learning how to do things again like changing nappies and holding a baby.
Nicole said she can still suffer panic attacks when she’s in a confined space with a lot of noise, but brushes off the affect it has on her life.
“202 people died that night so if I go on the rest of my days with the occasional panic and the loss of an arm, I'm not doing too bad," she said.
"Life can throw you curve balls, and it's the way you choose to deal with your life shows your true character.
”If you really want something bad enough in life, you can go out there are get it.”
LISTEN: Nicole McLean speaks with Neil Mitchell:
I unfortunately missed this interview on 3aw as I slept post my usual night shift. I nursed both Nicole and Natalie and I would have loved to call in and Nicole know how proud I am.and what respect I have for her and Natalie and their friends and family. I think of them often. I have our purchased 'Stronger Now' as an Ebook and I loved reading it...even.if I did cry alot. I laughed alot too. Mostly, I am so glad to read that the girls and their families are ok. That they are getting on as best they can with life. I was pregnant with my 4th baby when I nursed the girls. Nicole amazed.me.as.she asked.me.lots of questions on having my baby. I was concerned for her care and she was asking me how I was... Respect is what I have. Thanks for writing the book. It helps more people than you know xoxoCarolyn Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 6:45 AM
Terribly wrong?? No!!! those moron Indonesians hate our guts,put this up 3aw or is not politically correct??Steve Friday 12 October, 2012 - 7:39 PM
Neil, fantastic interview!Nicole you're an inspiration to not only me but all Australians. I am so thankful your my sister and that somehow you made it back to us. Keep smiling "Sunshine".CLINT WILLSHER Friday 12 October, 2012 - 1:26 PM
What a class act. Keep up the positive attitude. All the bestRon from Clayton Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM
Hi, Whats the name of Nicole's book please?
ThanksLee Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM