- 'It's very little time for taking a life'
- Kennett: 'This is sheer incompetence'
- Ice driving killer verdict 'not adequate'
- Good idea or just rubbish?
- 'It's complex': Mayor defends slow Sydney Rd CCTV installation
- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- Classic or crazy? Cazaly re-made
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aaaa on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... It doesn't set a good example does it! Just proves how easily anyone can get away with a situation like this. They are ... more
- Lukew on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... What would be enough? more
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
Bali survivor: I was just a girl that went away on a holiday and it went terribly wrong
IMAGE: Nicole McLean and her father Jim with Neil Mitchell.
A Bali Bombing survivor who lost her arm in the blast has told Neil Mitchell how she wouldn’t let the devastation take her happiness away.
Nicole McLean was 22 when she was in Paddy’s Bar on 12th October, 2002.
"I was just a girl that went away on a holiday and it went terribly wrong," she told Neil Mitchell.
Nicole also had her right thigh blown out, a hole in her back which doctors described as the size of an AFL football, burns across her shoulders and 20 shrapnel injuries, but she said says she doesn’t feel any different.
”Even though I've got one arm I still feel exactly the same way as I did ten years ago,” she said.
Nicole said she felt angry and robbed when her son was born, learning how to do things again like changing nappies and holding a baby.
Nicole said she can still suffer panic attacks when she’s in a confined space with a lot of noise, but brushes off the affect it has on her life.
“202 people died that night so if I go on the rest of my days with the occasional panic and the loss of an arm, I'm not doing too bad," she said.
"Life can throw you curve balls, and it's the way you choose to deal with your life shows your true character.
”If you really want something bad enough in life, you can go out there are get it.”
LISTEN: Nicole McLean speaks with Neil Mitchell:
I unfortunately missed this interview on 3aw as I slept post my usual night shift. I nursed both Nicole and Natalie and I would have loved to call in and Nicole know how proud I am.and what respect I have for her and Natalie and their friends and family. I think of them often. I have our purchased 'Stronger Now' as an Ebook and I loved reading it...even.if I did cry alot. I laughed alot too. Mostly, I am so glad to read that the girls and their families are ok. That they are getting on as best they can with life. I was pregnant with my 4th baby when I nursed the girls. Nicole amazed.me.as.she asked.me.lots of questions on having my baby. I was concerned for her care and she was asking me how I was... Respect is what I have. Thanks for writing the book. It helps more people than you know xoxoCarolyn Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 6:45 AM
Terribly wrong?? No!!! those moron Indonesians hate our guts,put this up 3aw or is not politically correct??Steve Friday 12 October, 2012 - 7:39 PM
Neil, fantastic interview!Nicole you're an inspiration to not only me but all Australians. I am so thankful your my sister and that somehow you made it back to us. Keep smiling "Sunshine".CLINT WILLSHER Friday 12 October, 2012 - 1:26 PM
What a class act. Keep up the positive attitude. All the bestRon from Clayton Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM
Hi, Whats the name of Nicole's book please?
ThanksLee Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM