- Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake Santa video
- Boy suspended for kissing girl's hand
- 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou a liar'
- Labor deal with Pies is 'ridiculous'
- 'Indian leaders must stand up for Australia'
- Father wants dog put down after attack
- Analogue TV switch-off
- Murdered Moonee Ponds man's possible link to Transfield
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... I Agree Neil."a yearâ??s holiday on full pay."Where is the penalty in that?? more
- glenn on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Gee you can see who the Essendon supporters are,why don't you all look outside your red and black bubble and admit that ... more
- Aditya on 'Indian leaders must stand up for ... As an Indian immigrant, this line resonates very strongly with me, "This is a fair country. It has some idiots, but mostly ... more
- Aditya on 'Indian leaders must stand up for ... As an Indian immigrant into this beautiful country, I absolutely agree with the above. In seven and a half years in ... more
- mandy on Boy suspended for kissing girl's hand Omg reporting a 6 yr old boy to police and the child being suspended this can't be true.Of course its America. more
- Peggy on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... So many cyclists here are complaining about bad drivers. I agree, there are a lot of bad drivers out there but there is one ... more
- mandy on 'Indian leaders must stand up for ... Australia has been extremely generous to Indians and other nationalitys and has given them every opportunity to enrich their ... more
- Martin Kelly on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... THis is what happens when people step outside the system.ASADA has a very legitimate role to play and the AFL does not.ASADA ... more
- Peggy on Father wants dog put down after attack Typical, people let dogs supervise their kids rather than them having to do it.Why is any child left alone with a dog? How ... more
- Sheldon on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Why pick on Tania? Why not pick on Andrew for lying and misleading us? more
- JamesD on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... What was the AFL supposed to do? Let Essendon continue - play in finals -ignore everything. A negotiated settlement was ... more
- peter on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Lovely stuff the tit for tat continues. All this shows is how incompetent the AFL are in the handling of this matter and ... more
- lawyer verbalising crap on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Think sideways, even out of the square, JGL. So far all you have done in your mediocre efforts to contribute on a myriad of ... more
- Jester4212 on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade @Roseagain. The SMART Meters communicate using low power RF electrical transmissions. Similar to that of your mobile ... more
- Jake on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... It is perfectly understandable why Tania is speaking out. Poor maligned James undoubtedly reached a soft deal with the AFL ... more
- Clarity on Labor deal with Pies is 'ridiculous' We are looking for a grant to purchase a property for the establishment of a refuge for victims of domestic violence. It is ... more
- colin on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade I wonder what all the real advantages of having a smart meter are. Is there a documented list provided by the electricity ... more
- Gloria on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... If you believe that Hird had nothing to do with the EFC supplement experiment, whether they were banned drugs or not, you ... more
- Willow on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Bulldust, Hird gaGged so the mIssus is now sticking up for him, as of course she would. Hird is complicit in an organised ... more
- Christine on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Hold on Neil, the EFC has been gagged and bullied, good on his wife for speaking out. There are always 2 sides to the story ... more
Bali survivor: I was just a girl that went away on a holiday and it went terribly wrong
IMAGE: Nicole McLean and her father Jim with Neil Mitchell.
A Bali Bombing survivor who lost her arm in the blast has told Neil Mitchell how she wouldn’t let the devastation take her happiness away.
Nicole McLean was 22 when she was in Paddy’s Bar on 12th October, 2002.
"I was just a girl that went away on a holiday and it went terribly wrong," she told Neil Mitchell.
Nicole also had her right thigh blown out, a hole in her back which doctors described as the size of an AFL football, burns across her shoulders and 20 shrapnel injuries, but she said says she doesn’t feel any different.
”Even though I've got one arm I still feel exactly the same way as I did ten years ago,” she said.
Nicole said she felt angry and robbed when her son was born, learning how to do things again like changing nappies and holding a baby.
Nicole said she can still suffer panic attacks when she’s in a confined space with a lot of noise, but brushes off the affect it has on her life.
“202 people died that night so if I go on the rest of my days with the occasional panic and the loss of an arm, I'm not doing too bad," she said.
"Life can throw you curve balls, and it's the way you choose to deal with your life shows your true character.
”If you really want something bad enough in life, you can go out there are get it.”
LISTEN: Nicole McLean speaks with Neil Mitchell:
I unfortunately missed this interview on 3aw as I slept post my usual night shift. I nursed both Nicole and Natalie and I would have loved to call in and Nicole know how proud I am.and what respect I have for her and Natalie and their friends and family. I think of them often. I have our purchased 'Stronger Now' as an Ebook and I loved reading it...even.if I did cry alot. I laughed alot too. Mostly, I am so glad to read that the girls and their families are ok. That they are getting on as best they can with life. I was pregnant with my 4th baby when I nursed the girls. Nicole amazed.me.as.she asked.me.lots of questions on having my baby. I was concerned for her care and she was asking me how I was... Respect is what I have. Thanks for writing the book. It helps more people than you know xoxoCarolyn Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 6:45 AM
Terribly wrong?? No!!! those moron Indonesians hate our guts,put this up 3aw or is not politically correct??Steve Friday 12 October, 2012 - 7:39 PM
Neil, fantastic interview!Nicole you're an inspiration to not only me but all Australians. I am so thankful your my sister and that somehow you made it back to us. Keep smiling "Sunshine".CLINT WILLSHER Friday 12 October, 2012 - 1:26 PM
What a class act. Keep up the positive attitude. All the bestRon from Clayton Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM
Hi, Whats the name of Nicole's book please?
ThanksLee Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM