- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- 'I don't deserve this'
- Car park rip-off
- Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne?
- Shrine shadow building approved
- From the steps of Parliament
- Is this Xmas tree worth $1m?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Karmouche on From the steps of Parliament Thank you Neil for allowing the VMC to put forward its argument for Lane Filtering. The facts are - every motorcycle rider ... more
- andy on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? not worth a $ more
- David R on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? Ahhh the easy way to riches .... a government contract!!! more
- Mick on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? Wait till its lit up at night, it will be worth it. People will drive from Melbourne to see it. more
- Gloss on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? If it lights up at night it would be awesome! more
- Nick on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? Christine, I don't know her personally but I doubt Sally is responsible for Geelong being in the situation it's in ... more
- Brad on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? I see it as a beacon for the greater Geelong area. As the tourists flock through over the Christmas period hopefully a few ... more
- Bugs54 on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? This is how Lord Mayor Paparazzi went bankrupt in England and he will do the same to Geelong. more
- Frank on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? Mr Squiggle's Rocket. more
- Christine on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? Hey Sally, if you're doing it so tough do you really think this is money well spent? Maybe Geelong get too many hand outs ... more
- Chris Barrett on 'He should be apologising' Neil, you have only spoken to 1 side.The judge obviously knows the big picture.......The events that took place on that day! ... more
- Sinbad on 'He should be apologising' Get down from the pulpit Neil!It wasn't Milne's fault that the coppers stuffed the investigation, nor that there was alleged ... more
- jgl Melb on 'He should be apologising' According to his mouthpiece he's unemployed and will find it difficult to obtain employment all as a result of the ... more
- Time for the TRUTH on 'He should be apologising' If it was your son or your brother; I bet he wouldn't get a "$15,000 fine without conviction"!Just because he's an [ex] ... more
- Nick on 'He should be apologising' What a load of hogwash. He was never fighting "indecent assault" charges, until very recently.He was always accused of rape ... more
- Liz on 'He should be apologising' he never had anything to plead guilty to 10 years ago because they didn't charge him with anything. Maybe you should ... more
- Gloria on 'This is assault. It's child abuse' It is a cruel punishment! I have friends who love extremely hot peppers that I can't even touch to my mouth without feeling ... more
- Elli on 'We still have people driving like ... Unbelievable. Will people never learn. The motorcyclist killed yesterday was a work colleague of mine. I didn't know him ... more
- Nicky on 'This is assault. It's child abuse' "sticks and stones will hurt my bones, but chilli wont ever hurt me" - Nicky (child psychiatrist) 2014 more
- Stacey on 'This is assault. It's child abuse' i agree with Nick. I used a chilli seed to stop my 4 yr old from using unacceptable language. Sometimes talking/reasoning ... more
Bali survivor: I was just a girl that went away on a holiday and it went terribly wrong
IMAGE: Nicole McLean and her father Jim with Neil Mitchell.
A Bali Bombing survivor who lost her arm in the blast has told Neil Mitchell how she wouldn’t let the devastation take her happiness away.
Nicole McLean was 22 when she was in Paddy’s Bar on 12th October, 2002.
"I was just a girl that went away on a holiday and it went terribly wrong," she told Neil Mitchell.
Nicole also had her right thigh blown out, a hole in her back which doctors described as the size of an AFL football, burns across her shoulders and 20 shrapnel injuries, but she said says she doesn’t feel any different.
”Even though I've got one arm I still feel exactly the same way as I did ten years ago,” she said.
Nicole said she felt angry and robbed when her son was born, learning how to do things again like changing nappies and holding a baby.
Nicole said she can still suffer panic attacks when she’s in a confined space with a lot of noise, but brushes off the affect it has on her life.
“202 people died that night so if I go on the rest of my days with the occasional panic and the loss of an arm, I'm not doing too bad," she said.
"Life can throw you curve balls, and it's the way you choose to deal with your life shows your true character.
”If you really want something bad enough in life, you can go out there are get it.”
LISTEN: Nicole McLean speaks with Neil Mitchell:
I unfortunately missed this interview on 3aw as I slept post my usual night shift. I nursed both Nicole and Natalie and I would have loved to call in and Nicole know how proud I am.and what respect I have for her and Natalie and their friends and family. I think of them often. I have our purchased 'Stronger Now' as an Ebook and I loved reading it...even.if I did cry alot. I laughed alot too. Mostly, I am so glad to read that the girls and their families are ok. That they are getting on as best they can with life. I was pregnant with my 4th baby when I nursed the girls. Nicole amazed.me.as.she asked.me.lots of questions on having my baby. I was concerned for her care and she was asking me how I was... Respect is what I have. Thanks for writing the book. It helps more people than you know xoxoCarolyn Saturday 13 October, 2012 - 6:45 AM
Terribly wrong?? No!!! those moron Indonesians hate our guts,put this up 3aw or is not politically correct??Steve Friday 12 October, 2012 - 7:39 PM
Neil, fantastic interview!Nicole you're an inspiration to not only me but all Australians. I am so thankful your my sister and that somehow you made it back to us. Keep smiling "Sunshine".CLINT WILLSHER Friday 12 October, 2012 - 1:26 PM
What a class act. Keep up the positive attitude. All the bestRon from Clayton Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM
Hi, Whats the name of Nicole's book please?
ThanksLee Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM