- ASADA interviews 'stressful' for Essendon players: Demetriou
- Napthine announces taskfore to deal with Ford job losses
- Neil Mitchell reflects on the late Hazel Hawke
- Neil Mitchell and Jeff Kennett argue penalty rates
- Franklin hung out to dry: Kennett
- Suspend Buddy Franklin for a month: Neil Mitchell
- EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of Australia
- The King Kong stunt that terrified Neil Mitchell
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kelly on Leaked memo: Ticket inspector ... Neil is getting TRAIN ticket inspectors CONFUSED with YARRA tram ticket inspectors.Different kettle of fish Neil! more
- Gazza on Neil Mitchell and Jeff Kennett argue ... Why should workers accept less so the owners can make more money.its the liberal way ...... more
- bc on Napthine announces taskfore to deal ... Napthine is only going down to geelong to have his photo taken when the doors close you will see and hear from nobody more
- fay silk on Franklin hung out to dry: Kennett My heroes are the workers at Ford or the CFMEU not this idiot. Football is boring. more
- fay silk on Neil Mitchell and Jeff Kennett argue ... Jeff gets $16,000 a week to be in charge of Beyond Blue. What would that globalist operative know about penalty rates. As ... more
- fay silk on Napthine announces taskfore to deal ... This is Agenda 21 the deliberate de industrialization of the west. It was planned back at the Rio earth summit. Ford will go ... more
- fay silk on Father demands answers after five year ... Why use a photo of an American bus. Lazy reporting. Glad the little kid is ok. more
- Harry Brown on Napthine announces taskfore to deal ... I have to pay $50k pa to state gov in Payroll Tax for the privilege of employing 15 people.You rip me off and hand out cash ... more
- JamesD on Neil Mitchell reflects on the late ... Good tribute from N Mitchell. Hazel had a lot to put up with - a very difficult man to stay with for that long. more
- MaryEmelda on Married Catholic priest excommunicated ... He is not Priest or Father he is Mr. Lee, and he should not mess with Church Docrime. If he wanted to get married, he should ... more
- Gloria on Neil Mitchell reflects on the late ... I hated (and still hate) Bob Hawke for the way he treated this wonderful lady but was angry with Hazel for sticking with him ... more
- Kirky on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... PJ said it all and he should be commended. His picture of the state of this country is what we the real people can notice ... more
- unreal choices on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... Gen x again..again..and again, always buying/promoting non- Australian productstccch tcchGrandma could have sat for half an ... more
- Phil on Surely they can't be serious Hello Neil,with everything going on with Ford and manufacturing will this mean this state government will rethink the new ... more
- Jillian on Suspend Buddy Franklin for a month: ... It's only human to find that you have made a quote only to regret it and would like to take it all back later...If Buddy was ... more
- Kate on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... As far as manufacturing goes you only have to go into one of the big chain stores to see that there is a problem. Went into ... more
- Gayle M on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... Nobody in the real world is surprised by what has happened here. Unfortunately Australia cannot afford to keep propping up ... more
- Stephen on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... Mylene the reason this car company is closing is due to greedy union driven conditions and pay claims. Making a Ford made ... more
- Jillian on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... The Footy Show sponsored by the great Nissan, Australian Tennis Open sponsored by our friends at Kia, Toyota proud sponsors ... more
- Jillian on Neil Mitchell reflects on the late ... What a beautiful priceless woman, who well could have had all the special qualities of the first successful woman ... more
Black Saturday memorial stolen
A priceless Black Saturday commemorative bench in memory of a couple who perished in the tragedy has been stolen.
Local Kieran Blackshaw told Neil Mitchell the bench was only installed in recent weeks as a memorial to Toolangi locals Steve and Kate Fisher, but has now disappeared from Healesville-Kinglake Road.
Ms Blackshaw said it was erected near Old Toolangi-Dixonscreek Road before the 10th November after being made possible by a donation from the Australian Ballet.
"It was a very solid, heavy bench and it would've taken maybe three to four men to lift it or a crane, truck or something substantial to move it," she said.
"We're very distressed, we're very upset that they would do that."
Ms Blackshaw said the bench had been overlooking the mountains through a beautiful vista, and was placed right at the edge of where the Black Saturday bushfires burned to.
"A huge amount of thought and care was put into it so I don't know that you could give it a financial value," she said.
If you have information about the whereabouts of this memorial, please contact Crime Stoppers 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
LISTEN: Kieran Blackshaw speaks with Neil Mitchell: