- 'The Easter Bunny is bad for kids'
- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Bogut: Concentrate on your events and not fighting each other
NBA superstar and Boomer Andrew Bogut has called on the Australian team to focus their energy towards beating their opponents, rather than creating tension within the ranks.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, the injured basketballer said he hopes the Australian team puts as much fight into competing against other countries as they have given to fighting each other.
"All these issues, to me a lot of them are non-issues that can be discussed after the Olympics,” Bogut said. “Why bring them up now and create tension amongst the ranks? You've got to see some of these athletes in the village that you're competing against. It's just not good for team morale.”
”You put that energy towards beating the USA, or Russia or China, I think it'll be better suited.”
Bogut’s calls come after sprinters John Steffensen and Josh Ross criticised officials after they failed to make selection for individual events.
”I believe I have the potential right now to make a semi-final or an Olympic final in the form that I’m in,” Josh Ross said.
Sprinter Josh Ross complains to the Australian media in London after not being included in individual track events. (Photo: Pat Scala)
Chef de Mission Nick Green has called on the Australian team to stop whinging and concentrate on competing.
” My suggestion would be that you get into the village, you put your head down and your bum up and you just concentrate on your job, and that is to run and compete for this country,” he said.
Andrew Bogut said he believed some of the stirs caused by Australian athletes recently, such as shooters Russell and Lauren Mark’s complaints that they would not be sharing a room in the athlete’s village, and beach volleyballer Natalie Cook’s off-the-cuff threat to boycott the Opening Ceremony should a female not be chosen to be the Australian flag bearer, were examples of smaller sports trying to attract media attention.
”A lot of us wouldn’t' really know who his (Russel Mark) wife was leading into the Olympics, but now we all do,” he said.
”Here we are talking about sleeping pills and rooming with my wife...When's it going to end?”
Andrew Bogut has attended two Olympic Games, but will miss London after breaking his ankle in January.
LISTEN: Andrew Bogut speaks with Neil Mitchell:
I agree Kathy - it would be wonderful if Australia lost every event and came home with no medals. Unfortunately they would use that as an excuse to waste even more taxpayers money on Olympic training. You just can't win against the sports-mad ignorant Australian public.Peter Hillster Friday 27 July, 2012 - 7:09 AM
North Korean state television has confirmed that the country's leader Kim Jong-un is married to a woman named Ri Sol-ju.
I imagine she signs her credit card statemetns RSol, kind of a catchy name for some reason.Pieter van Wessem Thursday 26 July, 2012 - 5:09 PM
Well the games are in London the home of the whinning poms. As the old saying goes "When in Rome do as the Romans do"Ben Thursday 26 July, 2012 - 3:53 PM
This Olympic squad will go down in history and being the biggest pack of sooks. They have brought shame on Australia.Lisa Thursday 26 July, 2012 - 3:30 PM
I am sick and tired of the whinning Australian Olympic team. I hope the Aussies now get flogged in every single event as they do not deserve our support any longer.Kathy Thursday 26 July, 2012 - 2:54 PM
Anyone else want to point to the elephant in the room?
Memo to Messrs Ross & Steffensen, just because you are indigenous or part thereof, doesn't give you a mortgage on an individual spot in your chosen event and playing the race card and generally sooking does not endear you to the Australian public. You in particular Steffensen, with your petulant display the other day by missing the team photograph, should take a big spoonful of cement and harden up.
You do yourselves no favours and in the bigger picture, crap like this does nothing to enhance the great social engineering project we call'reconciliation'. At least being indigenous will ensure your punishment, (if you even get one), is a mere slap on the wrist.
As for Russel Mark, I'm sure you will get to sleep with your missus again mate, just concentrate on shooting clay discs and Natalie, Germaine Greer you aint so just play volleyball. Effectively, you have all applied the blowtorch to yourselves and have only increased the pressure and expectation to perform and win medals.Of course, if you fail you will all say your preparations were torpedoed by external distractions, one's that you yourselves orchestrated!!!Sinbad Thursday 26 July, 2012 - 2:16 PM