- 'It's very little time for taking a life'
- Kennett: 'This is sheer incompetence'
- Ice driving killer verdict 'not adequate'
- Good idea or just rubbish?
- 'It's complex': Mayor defends slow Sydney Rd CCTV installation
- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- Classic or crazy? Cazaly re-made
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aaaa on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... It doesn't set a good example does it! Just proves how easily anyone can get away with a situation like this. They are ... more
- Lukew on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... What would be enough? more
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
Bogut: Concentrate on your events and not fighting each other
NBA superstar and Boomer Andrew Bogut has called on the Australian team to focus their energy towards beating their opponents, rather than creating tension within the ranks.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, the injured basketballer said he hopes the Australian team puts as much fight into competing against other countries as they have given to fighting each other.
"All these issues, to me a lot of them are non-issues that can be discussed after the Olympics,” Bogut said. “Why bring them up now and create tension amongst the ranks? You've got to see some of these athletes in the village that you're competing against. It's just not good for team morale.”
”You put that energy towards beating the USA, or Russia or China, I think it'll be better suited.”
Bogut’s calls come after sprinters John Steffensen and Josh Ross criticised officials after they failed to make selection for individual events.
”I believe I have the potential right now to make a semi-final or an Olympic final in the form that I’m in,” Josh Ross said.
Sprinter Josh Ross complains to the Australian media in London after not being included in individual track events. (Photo: Pat Scala)
Chef de Mission Nick Green has called on the Australian team to stop whinging and concentrate on competing.
” My suggestion would be that you get into the village, you put your head down and your bum up and you just concentrate on your job, and that is to run and compete for this country,” he said.
Andrew Bogut said he believed some of the stirs caused by Australian athletes recently, such as shooters Russell and Lauren Mark’s complaints that they would not be sharing a room in the athlete’s village, and beach volleyballer Natalie Cook’s off-the-cuff threat to boycott the Opening Ceremony should a female not be chosen to be the Australian flag bearer, were examples of smaller sports trying to attract media attention.
”A lot of us wouldn’t' really know who his (Russel Mark) wife was leading into the Olympics, but now we all do,” he said.
”Here we are talking about sleeping pills and rooming with my wife...When's it going to end?”
Andrew Bogut has attended two Olympic Games, but will miss London after breaking his ankle in January.
LISTEN: Andrew Bogut speaks with Neil Mitchell:
I agree Kathy - it would be wonderful if Australia lost every event and came home with no medals. Unfortunately they would use that as an excuse to waste even more taxpayers money on Olympic training. You just can't win against the sports-mad ignorant Australian public.Peter Hillster Friday 27 July, 2012 - 7:09 AM
North Korean state television has confirmed that the country's leader Kim Jong-un is married to a woman named Ri Sol-ju.
I imagine she signs her credit card statemetns RSol, kind of a catchy name for some reason.Pieter van Wessem Thursday 26 July, 2012 - 5:09 PM
Well the games are in London the home of the whinning poms. As the old saying goes "When in Rome do as the Romans do"Ben Thursday 26 July, 2012 - 3:53 PM
This Olympic squad will go down in history and being the biggest pack of sooks. They have brought shame on Australia.Lisa Thursday 26 July, 2012 - 3:30 PM
I am sick and tired of the whinning Australian Olympic team. I hope the Aussies now get flogged in every single event as they do not deserve our support any longer.Kathy Thursday 26 July, 2012 - 2:54 PM
Anyone else want to point to the elephant in the room?
Memo to Messrs Ross & Steffensen, just because you are indigenous or part thereof, doesn't give you a mortgage on an individual spot in your chosen event and playing the race card and generally sooking does not endear you to the Australian public. You in particular Steffensen, with your petulant display the other day by missing the team photograph, should take a big spoonful of cement and harden up.
You do yourselves no favours and in the bigger picture, crap like this does nothing to enhance the great social engineering project we call'reconciliation'. At least being indigenous will ensure your punishment, (if you even get one), is a mere slap on the wrist.
As for Russel Mark, I'm sure you will get to sleep with your missus again mate, just concentrate on shooting clay discs and Natalie, Germaine Greer you aint so just play volleyball. Effectively, you have all applied the blowtorch to yourselves and have only increased the pressure and expectation to perform and win medals.Of course, if you fail you will all say your preparations were torpedoed by external distractions, one's that you yourselves orchestrated!!!Sinbad Thursday 26 July, 2012 - 2:16 PM