- Photos: Destructive winds lash the state
- 'Banks need to improve their reputation'
- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save lives'
- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
Charles and Camilla have rebuilt themselves, but the newspaper don't get it
I don’t know how it has happened, or why, but Charles and Camilla have rebuilt themselves.
This Royal tour has really worked for them. I reckon there was some cynicism about them before this started.
They have won many people over with their dignity, informality and sense of fun. But the newspapers don’t get it.
The Age described them as ‘foppish’, meaning overly concerned by appearances and manners. And today the Herald Sun tops that. On page three with a photo of Charles drinking a beer is the headline ‘Cheers, big ears’.
Come on, that is just plain ugly, rude and unnecessary. Why?
I’d love to get some views on why and how they have rebuilt themselves.
With a name such as ggfoz who's the one that's mentally challenged? You Diana baggers are brainless morons and don't know the real facts.mandy Monday 12 November, 2012 - 7:40 PM
There will always be those people out there that will wave the flag and greet royalty in there loyal simple way regardless of what went on in their personal lives and that's their choice I'm a Diana fan so they don't interest me in the slightest.mandy Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:22 AM
Charles and Camilla do not seem to have changed at all.
ALP supporters, such as Fairfax media whores such as 3aw, the Age, and left wing Journalists, have castigated the couple for being human beings. The media whores preferred to support the mentally challenged Diana (sold newspapers etc)ggofoz Sunday 11 November, 2012 - 9:08 AM
if you're not "beautiful"you don't count.diana could do ANYTHING but it was ok because she was "beautiful"val rigney Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 7:14 AM
Well, for a bloke twice around the block in the marriage stakes, Madame Camilla is no match to the much loved late Lady Diana Spencer. In fact, in the most acute and politest of terms, she is absolutely featureless.And, has anyone ever heard her make an intelligent speech/address?? No! Thus, she is just a grinning traveller, taxpayer funded tourist and an abject fool in my view.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 9 November, 2012 - 8:45 PM