- Germaine Greer has just kicked Bambi
- 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid'
- What's the cost of scrapping EW Link?
- Beams' transfer a sign of trouble?
- Melbourne-Geelong speed increase dismissed - for now
- 'Congratulations Melbourne'
- 'Melbourne is evolving by accident'
- Toddler hospitalised after snake bite
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ran on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' These Government job agencies don't find jobs. They get a cut when a jobseeker finds a job without their help. They're main ... more
- David R on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' "breaches human rights obligations"... Really , in what universe? Does that apply to all parts of the globe? Does that apply ... more
- poppitt on What's the cost of scrapping EW Link? Maybe the liberals should have ripped up the desal contract, and the myki contract, may have saved some money there too! We ... more
- Peggy on What's the cost of scrapping EW Link? Instead of forcing us to vote Liberal at the November election because it will cost us far too much to vote Labor, Liberals ... more
- Dave on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... Maybe they don't want to change the speed limit to 110 kph because that would mean that they would have to adjust the speed ... more
- Mark on 'Melbourne is evolving by accident' Neil is so out of tough with reality! All major cities around the World have to have highrise apartment buildings. Melbourne ... more
- PJ on 'Melbourne is evolving by accident' the elephant in the room is immigration. Mass immigration. In the UK Labor apologised for it. It brings more problems that ... more
- otto on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... To raise the limit on an existing road, would be detrimental to the revenue raising machine and nanny state road safety ... more
- Glenda on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... What about the 80k speed limit on the Calder freeway - about 23k of slowway between Keilor & Thunderdome at Calder ... more
- Peggy on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... Rubbish.They need to decrease limits not increase due to not making enough from speeding fines now. more
- michael on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... To raise the limit on an existing road would be detrimental to the revenue raising machine and nanny state road safety ... more
- acetrim on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... not a word about hawks supporters booing goodes every time he went near the ball more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... The Speed limit on the Geelong road is too high. The Police are right not to increase it. There are to many trill seekers on ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Jeff Kennett: 'Don't boo Buddy' Don't worry Jeff we won't boo Buddy we'll all boo you Jeff for stuffing up the state when you were in power. more
- Jason & Lissy on Jeff Kennett: 'Don't boo Buddy' Lissy & I say that there are Victorians who will not be getting behind Hawthorn and those who will be. more
- Milton on Jeff Kennett: 'Don't boo Buddy' Jeff: I agree with you booing anyone is poor sportsmanship and childish. more
- Aaaa on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... It doesn't set a good example does it! Just proves how easily anyone can get away with a situation like this. They are ... more
- Lukew on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... What would be enough? more
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
Charles and Camilla have rebuilt themselves, but the newspaper don't get it
I don’t know how it has happened, or why, but Charles and Camilla have rebuilt themselves.
This Royal tour has really worked for them. I reckon there was some cynicism about them before this started.
They have won many people over with their dignity, informality and sense of fun. But the newspapers don’t get it.
The Age described them as ‘foppish’, meaning overly concerned by appearances and manners. And today the Herald Sun tops that. On page three with a photo of Charles drinking a beer is the headline ‘Cheers, big ears’.
Come on, that is just plain ugly, rude and unnecessary. Why?
I’d love to get some views on why and how they have rebuilt themselves.
With a name such as ggfoz who's the one that's mentally challenged? You Diana baggers are brainless morons and don't know the real facts.mandy Monday 12 November, 2012 - 7:40 PM
There will always be those people out there that will wave the flag and greet royalty in there loyal simple way regardless of what went on in their personal lives and that's their choice I'm a Diana fan so they don't interest me in the slightest.mandy Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:22 AM
Charles and Camilla do not seem to have changed at all.
ALP supporters, such as Fairfax media whores such as 3aw, the Age, and left wing Journalists, have castigated the couple for being human beings. The media whores preferred to support the mentally challenged Diana (sold newspapers etc)ggofoz Sunday 11 November, 2012 - 9:08 AM
if you're not "beautiful"you don't count.diana could do ANYTHING but it was ok because she was "beautiful"val rigney Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 7:14 AM
Well, for a bloke twice around the block in the marriage stakes, Madame Camilla is no match to the much loved late Lady Diana Spencer. In fact, in the most acute and politest of terms, she is absolutely featureless.And, has anyone ever heard her make an intelligent speech/address?? No! Thus, she is just a grinning traveller, taxpayer funded tourist and an abject fool in my view.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 9 November, 2012 - 8:45 PM