- The alleged Stephen Milne rape case victim is a 'strong, decent woman'
- What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley receive?
- Seven reasons why Mark Neeld failed
- Is this the worst-ever answer in a beauty contest?
- No ticket: Council parking inspectors opt for warnings
- Forget politics: It's a day for interesting ideas
- The Save My Seat campaign
- Secret polls reveal Labor's key problem
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Neil Melbourne on The alleged Stephen Milne rape case ... Well done Mr. Fontana, looks like some integrity is slowly creeping back into the Vic Police force. Let's have this before ... more
- Steve on The Save My Seat campaign Don't speed no need to worry about revenue raising from speed cameras then>! more
- Frank Collins on The alleged Stephen Milne rape case ... "But I will say, this young woman on my impressions is a strong and decent woman."On the basis of what? A few conversations? ... more
- Frank Collins on What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley ... All a sentence of 35 years before bail means is that it will 35 years before Bayley rapes and kills again. Only next time, ... more
- Solomons' Sword on Nigella Lawson is the victim in this Why the fierce resentment that Nigella will not listen to the clamour and step up and be the token frontline female for ... more
- Greg on Seven reasons why Mark Neeld failed I follow Sydney/Sth Melb and we never won a flag from 1933 to 2005,Geelong 1963 to 20007,Bulldogs last flag 1954, Melbourne ... more
- mark on What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley ... well with the way our justice system is these days it wouldnt surprise me if he got less then 20 yrs more
- Oonagh on What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley ... Bayley should be given 'life' no parole. Justice Nettle will hopefully hand down same sentence as he did with John Leslie ... more
- Julie on What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley ... Life with no possibility of parole......I hope......but knowing our justice system this will not happen. more
- Commerce American Style on Forget politics: It's a day for ... First they send American multinational companies to crush the small to medium Australian companies. That reduces competition ... more
- Jim on What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley ... Life! and the parole board should spend some time there with him also. more
- Mark on What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley ... He should be executed. more
- John on The Save My Seat campaign Cmon Gazza, can't you just see that a coppa is trying to do something positive here. There's always someone to drag it back ... more
- Karl Michal's on Dee Dee denies 'victim blaming' after ... ...or it just proves my point? more
- Barney on Seven reasons why Mark Neeld failed maybe melbourne need an old experienced head like Barrassi or Robbie Flower as head of coaching to put them back on track. more
- frank on The Save My Seat campaign IN ENGLAND [UK] THERE IS A SLOW LANE . I think the roads could better hear in Australia and propely policed. more
- Chris on Dee Dee denies 'victim blaming' after ... Really?? You spoke without engaging the brain. Nobody really knows what went on, but given she was the victim you are just ... more
- MKelly on Leunig's Tony Abbott cartoon: Has he ... Michael Leunig is a genius. He offers a moment of pleasure, an opportunity to be thoughtful and an escape from the decidedly ... more
- Sinbad on Is this the worst-ever answer in a ... Or she could be your blog writer Matt, she has all the necessary skills, unintelligent, inarticulate, repetitive, boring and ... more
- Gazza on Is this the worst-ever answer in a ... Who cares what she says or sounds like.when she looks like that it doesn't matter...... more
Chroming on Werribee Line
The Neil Mitchell program obtained exclusive footage of two men chroming on a city-bound train on the Werribee line this morning.
Rebecca, a 3AW employee, filmed the incident on her mobile phone on a 7:10am train and said the two had paint on their faces and clothes.
Footage of two people chroming on Werribee Line train:
'Chroming' is inhalation of solvent-based products, such as paint or glue, which when inhaled causes intoxication or a 'high'.
"They were just sitting with their bag just inhaling it. They'd do a spell of inhaling, sit there for a little while and then pick up the bag again," Rebecca said.
Rebecca said she'd never seen people chroming so brazenly.
"The smell was really intense, most people were coughing, a couple of people were visibly ill."
"Everyone was too scared to press the (emergency button) in case they went nuts."
Rebecca said one of the men had passed out, and his friend had to wake him when they had arrived at their stop - Southern Cross Station.
LISTEN: Rebecca tells Neil Mitchell about the men chroming on her Werribee line train this morning:
The bus driver should be given the right to throw this idiot off the bus for his own safety and the passengers.Its also a heath and safety issue its no different to smoking or drinking booze.mandy Monday 2 July, 2012 - 11:21 PM
It is astonishing to see the spelling and grammatical errors in the comment by John, 30 March, 2012, 11:11. Shouldn't health care professionals be able to use accurate grammar so their records can be clearly understood when people's lives depend on it? As for chroming, it is a tragic waste of young people's lives. Have some humanity and help them for goodness sake. I've known some who have done it out of the bleak despair of family breakdown, homelessness and complete lack of hope. That is their reality and it shames Australia. Show responsibility to them before judging from a position of sheer luck of birth.Sue Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 12:00 PM
I saw that same guy with paint all over his mouth in Watt on St werribee he was walking and chroming also in point cook a guy was chroming outside the new service station,a sad pathetic sight to see.poptart Friday 25 May, 2012 - 11:25 PM
lets get real, public transport is a tool to get from A TO B not for chroming and anti social behaviour... if police cant move these people on or at least remove them from the train well we need to get toughter..
public transport is becomeing a joke is government taking its seriousely or they want people to drive every...Nicholas Thursday 12 April, 2012 - 9:02 PM
It's not the fact people are sceard, it's more the fact of ones safety you can never predict one other retaliation of any situation when it comes to drugs n alcohol use, I categorise chrooming as drugs due to the effect it has on ones brain cells!!John Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 12:27 PM
Why are people scared ? if the police was on the train do you feel safe ?col Sunday 1 April, 2012 - 8:16 PM