- Racial abuse on the rise
- Why demean Gallipoli?
- 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament'
- Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal with James Hird and Essendon
- 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is back'
- Mandate for Abbott?
- Fairfield station's new holding cell
- Zac Young's story to live on
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- JamesD on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Herald continues with banner headlines on AFL & Demetriou - during the year Fairfax seemed to know lot more about issue. Is ... more
- Robert Rich on 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is ... I believe if James Hird took the AFL to court he would have won what a joke sack Andrew more
- Maureen on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' He was found NOT guilty of anything and has left plenty of egg on the face of Mitchell, the Herald Sun and feral Labor ... more
- Matthew on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... I wonder how Demetriou will cope in jail? Because that's what this is all about, he is facing a jail sentence if found ... more
- Jake on Why demean Gallipoli? Would anyone expect different of bagman Keating? more
- Jake on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... This is not about integrity and doing teh right thing. Rather it is about protecting the AFL brand and for Andrew ... more
- Jake on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' That Shaw is a disgrace is not in question But I disagree that he should resign. Let the ballot box decide at the next ... more
- mylene on Mandate for Abbott? "One blue"?? He's tried to start conflict with both Indonesia and China and sent ASIO after Aussie lawyers. If the rest of ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why demean Gallipoli? @Milton posting - yes an excellent comment indeed. Maybe we right thinking voters should have a Hall of Shame in the ... more
- Tim on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... So what's the threat tape that's been rumoured??I doubt Demetrio will survive this and he should take Wilson with him. more
- Albert chapman on Why demean Gallipoli? Neil Gallipoli is important in our history but not the "Birth of the Nation". I believe the event of December 1854 at Eureka ... more
- nat carr on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... If no Essendon player is stood down for taking illegal drugs then Essendon and the AFL have done the deal . more
- Greg on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' Australia is far too lenient when it comes to Politicians indiscretions.That's why they all rort the system.When it comes to ... more
- Willow on Why demean Gallipoli? I have always detested Keating and believe that he and Hawke were/are both evil men. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Gloria, more fool you if you believe Andrew D. AD is a criminal himself. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Craig, this story has nothing to do with what Essendon may or may not have done. It has ALL to do with how dodgy the AFL ... more
- Samuel J on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' This is but another glaring example of our foolhardy judicial system being off the rails and in urgent need of a complete ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why demean Gallipoli? For God's sake Keating the egotist suffering from the 'me,me' syndrome has been out of politics for 20 years - just let him ... more
- FRank on Tony Abbott's worst error yet Geez if Abbott gets rid of PYne then he won't have any women left in cabinet at all. more
- bc on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... how could anyone ever believe what comes out of demetrious mouth the are above all laws more
Chroming on Werribee Line
The Neil Mitchell program obtained exclusive footage of two men chroming on a city-bound train on the Werribee line this morning.
Rebecca, a 3AW employee, filmed the incident on her mobile phone on a 7:10am train and said the two had paint on their faces and clothes.
Footage of two people chroming on Werribee Line train:
'Chroming' is inhalation of solvent-based products, such as paint or glue, which when inhaled causes intoxication or a 'high'.
"They were just sitting with their bag just inhaling it. They'd do a spell of inhaling, sit there for a little while and then pick up the bag again," Rebecca said.
Rebecca said she'd never seen people chroming so brazenly.
"The smell was really intense, most people were coughing, a couple of people were visibly ill."
"Everyone was too scared to press the (emergency button) in case they went nuts."
Rebecca said one of the men had passed out, and his friend had to wake him when they had arrived at their stop - Southern Cross Station.
LISTEN: Rebecca tells Neil Mitchell about the men chroming on her Werribee line train this morning:
The bus driver should be given the right to throw this idiot off the bus for his own safety and the passengers.Its also a heath and safety issue its no different to smoking or drinking booze.mandy Monday 2 July, 2012 - 11:21 PM
It is astonishing to see the spelling and grammatical errors in the comment by John, 30 March, 2012, 11:11. Shouldn't health care professionals be able to use accurate grammar so their records can be clearly understood when people's lives depend on it? As for chroming, it is a tragic waste of young people's lives. Have some humanity and help them for goodness sake. I've known some who have done it out of the bleak despair of family breakdown, homelessness and complete lack of hope. That is their reality and it shames Australia. Show responsibility to them before judging from a position of sheer luck of birth.Sue Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 12:00 PM
I saw that same guy with paint all over his mouth in Watt on St werribee he was walking and chroming also in point cook a guy was chroming outside the new service station,a sad pathetic sight to see.poptart Friday 25 May, 2012 - 11:25 PM
lets get real, public transport is a tool to get from A TO B not for chroming and anti social behaviour... if police cant move these people on or at least remove them from the train well we need to get toughter..
public transport is becomeing a joke is government taking its seriousely or they want people to drive every...Nicholas Thursday 12 April, 2012 - 9:02 PM
It's not the fact people are sceard, it's more the fact of ones safety you can never predict one other retaliation of any situation when it comes to drugs n alcohol use, I categorise chrooming as drugs due to the effect it has on ones brain cells!!John Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 12:27 PM
Why are people scared ? if the police was on the train do you feel safe ?col Sunday 1 April, 2012 - 8:16 PM