- Ice driving killer verdict 'not adequate'
- Good idea or just rubbish?
- 'It's complex': Mayor defends slow Sydney Rd CCTV installation
- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- Classic or crazy? Cazaly re-made
- Australia in for 'long haul' against ISIS
- George the Goldfish saved with surgery
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
- David R on Council backs down over fees Typical heartless unthinking council bureaucrats. And its not the Councillors its the people manning the front desk or the ... more
- mike on Labor's tough new stance against 'evil' So trafficking drugs away from a school is less illegal?And why drug busses? Target pubs/clubs! I hear more and more people ... more
Chroming on Werribee Line
The Neil Mitchell program obtained exclusive footage of two men chroming on a city-bound train on the Werribee line this morning.
Rebecca, a 3AW employee, filmed the incident on her mobile phone on a 7:10am train and said the two had paint on their faces and clothes.
Footage of two people chroming on Werribee Line train:
'Chroming' is inhalation of solvent-based products, such as paint or glue, which when inhaled causes intoxication or a 'high'.
"They were just sitting with their bag just inhaling it. They'd do a spell of inhaling, sit there for a little while and then pick up the bag again," Rebecca said.
Rebecca said she'd never seen people chroming so brazenly.
"The smell was really intense, most people were coughing, a couple of people were visibly ill."
"Everyone was too scared to press the (emergency button) in case they went nuts."
Rebecca said one of the men had passed out, and his friend had to wake him when they had arrived at their stop - Southern Cross Station.
LISTEN: Rebecca tells Neil Mitchell about the men chroming on her Werribee line train this morning:
The bus driver should be given the right to throw this idiot off the bus for his own safety and the passengers.Its also a heath and safety issue its no different to smoking or drinking booze.mandy Monday 2 July, 2012 - 11:21 PM
It is astonishing to see the spelling and grammatical errors in the comment by John, 30 March, 2012, 11:11. Shouldn't health care professionals be able to use accurate grammar so their records can be clearly understood when people's lives depend on it? As for chroming, it is a tragic waste of young people's lives. Have some humanity and help them for goodness sake. I've known some who have done it out of the bleak despair of family breakdown, homelessness and complete lack of hope. That is their reality and it shames Australia. Show responsibility to them before judging from a position of sheer luck of birth.Sue Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 12:00 PM
I saw that same guy with paint all over his mouth in Watt on St werribee he was walking and chroming also in point cook a guy was chroming outside the new service station,a sad pathetic sight to see.poptart Friday 25 May, 2012 - 11:25 PM
lets get real, public transport is a tool to get from A TO B not for chroming and anti social behaviour... if police cant move these people on or at least remove them from the train well we need to get toughter..
public transport is becomeing a joke is government taking its seriousely or they want people to drive every...Nicholas Thursday 12 April, 2012 - 9:02 PM
It's not the fact people are sceard, it's more the fact of ones safety you can never predict one other retaliation of any situation when it comes to drugs n alcohol use, I categorise chrooming as drugs due to the effect it has on ones brain cells!!John Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 12:27 PM
Why are people scared ? if the police was on the train do you feel safe ?col Sunday 1 April, 2012 - 8:16 PM