- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- 'I don't deserve this'
- Car park rip-off
- Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne?
- Shrine shadow building approved
- From the steps of Parliament
- Is this Xmas tree worth $1m?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
- Luke on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Just to add, there are quite a few variations of Pobblebonk frog, also known as an Eastern Banjo - ... more
- Luke on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Its a native frog called a Pobblebonk! Got to be careful not misidentifying animals. more
- Tracy Anderson on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? You were right the first time That slimy pestle beast dose look like Clive Palmer but then again if it really was him he ... more
- Scott on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? 100% not a cane toad, it's a common froglet. more
Chroming on Werribee Line
The Neil Mitchell program obtained exclusive footage of two men chroming on a city-bound train on the Werribee line this morning.
Rebecca, a 3AW employee, filmed the incident on her mobile phone on a 7:10am train and said the two had paint on their faces and clothes.
Footage of two people chroming on Werribee Line train:
'Chroming' is inhalation of solvent-based products, such as paint or glue, which when inhaled causes intoxication or a 'high'.
"They were just sitting with their bag just inhaling it. They'd do a spell of inhaling, sit there for a little while and then pick up the bag again," Rebecca said.
Rebecca said she'd never seen people chroming so brazenly.
"The smell was really intense, most people were coughing, a couple of people were visibly ill."
"Everyone was too scared to press the (emergency button) in case they went nuts."
Rebecca said one of the men had passed out, and his friend had to wake him when they had arrived at their stop - Southern Cross Station.
LISTEN: Rebecca tells Neil Mitchell about the men chroming on her Werribee line train this morning:
The bus driver should be given the right to throw this idiot off the bus for his own safety and the passengers.Its also a heath and safety issue its no different to smoking or drinking booze.mandy Monday 2 July, 2012 - 11:21 PM
It is astonishing to see the spelling and grammatical errors in the comment by John, 30 March, 2012, 11:11. Shouldn't health care professionals be able to use accurate grammar so their records can be clearly understood when people's lives depend on it? As for chroming, it is a tragic waste of young people's lives. Have some humanity and help them for goodness sake. I've known some who have done it out of the bleak despair of family breakdown, homelessness and complete lack of hope. That is their reality and it shames Australia. Show responsibility to them before judging from a position of sheer luck of birth.Sue Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 12:00 PM
I saw that same guy with paint all over his mouth in Watt on St werribee he was walking and chroming also in point cook a guy was chroming outside the new service station,a sad pathetic sight to see.poptart Friday 25 May, 2012 - 11:25 PM
lets get real, public transport is a tool to get from A TO B not for chroming and anti social behaviour... if police cant move these people on or at least remove them from the train well we need to get toughter..
public transport is becomeing a joke is government taking its seriousely or they want people to drive every...Nicholas Thursday 12 April, 2012 - 9:02 PM
It's not the fact people are sceard, it's more the fact of ones safety you can never predict one other retaliation of any situation when it comes to drugs n alcohol use, I categorise chrooming as drugs due to the effect it has on ones brain cells!!John Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 12:27 PM
Why are people scared ? if the police was on the train do you feel safe ?col Sunday 1 April, 2012 - 8:16 PM