- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- Melbourne's rail horror
- Beach rules are a dog's breakfast
- East West protestors vow to continue fight
- Setting the record Strait
- Tyler Fishlock gets the 'all clear'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
- PH on Hinch freed from jail sans beard My first though looking at that photo was Darren James in 30 years time. more
- Pat Heuvel on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Definitely not the right thing to do. You want to crack down on someone? crack down on the ones that use their phones while ... more
- darrin on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn your lucky i know people have had to spend 1 day per $100 but i guess like most people with some fame to there name ... more
- Sarah on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truck drivers are constantly speeding on the roads I travel. I have watched a truck in front of me lose control and jack ... more
- joe on 'We need to get tough on truckies' I think a good idea for the point system on your licence is that the first 4 points are normal fines. Then next 4 points are ... more
- Russell Watts on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Neil, it should not matter if you are a truck driver or not, if you lose 12 points then you lose your licence. But the laws ... more
- Andrew on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Hi Neil. Why not extend fines to trucking companies as well as drivers? Truck company gets the same fine as the driver? Or a ... more
- poppitt on 'We need to get tough on truckies' They are supposed to be professional drivers, they are supposed to know the law. I think most truck drivers are fantastic ... more
- poppitt on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... Everything packaged or not should be labelled. It is not enough for the customer to ask, my son has gluten intolernace, asks ... more
- Wendy on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... How ridiculous not having to label fresh salad ingredients by law! It's still got ingredients and someone is still going to ... more
- Hazel Finney on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Bass Coast Council brought this ban through without proper consultation from the public. more
- Olga on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast We pay to camp on the foreshore on the peninsula where dogs can roam all day. They pee on our towels our kids are scared. ... more
- Aria Judilla on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Forget the beaches, we can't even take our kids to the park anymore because of the dogs that run up to them and paw them and ... more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast NO CONFIDENCE in the Bass Coast council more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Dogs on a lead at all times along Inverloch beach. Fine then $500 Bass Coast. We got a new Council full of spin and lies and ... more
- ian on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Have you ever sat near or on dog POO. more
Chroming on Werribee Line
The Neil Mitchell program obtained exclusive footage of two men chroming on a city-bound train on the Werribee line this morning.
Rebecca, a 3AW employee, filmed the incident on her mobile phone on a 7:10am train and said the two had paint on their faces and clothes.
Footage of two people chroming on Werribee Line train:
'Chroming' is inhalation of solvent-based products, such as paint or glue, which when inhaled causes intoxication or a 'high'.
"They were just sitting with their bag just inhaling it. They'd do a spell of inhaling, sit there for a little while and then pick up the bag again," Rebecca said.
Rebecca said she'd never seen people chroming so brazenly.
"The smell was really intense, most people were coughing, a couple of people were visibly ill."
"Everyone was too scared to press the (emergency button) in case they went nuts."
Rebecca said one of the men had passed out, and his friend had to wake him when they had arrived at their stop - Southern Cross Station.
LISTEN: Rebecca tells Neil Mitchell about the men chroming on her Werribee line train this morning:
The bus driver should be given the right to throw this idiot off the bus for his own safety and the passengers.Its also a heath and safety issue its no different to smoking or drinking booze.mandy Monday 2 July, 2012 - 11:21 PM
It is astonishing to see the spelling and grammatical errors in the comment by John, 30 March, 2012, 11:11. Shouldn't health care professionals be able to use accurate grammar so their records can be clearly understood when people's lives depend on it? As for chroming, it is a tragic waste of young people's lives. Have some humanity and help them for goodness sake. I've known some who have done it out of the bleak despair of family breakdown, homelessness and complete lack of hope. That is their reality and it shames Australia. Show responsibility to them before judging from a position of sheer luck of birth.Sue Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 12:00 PM
I saw that same guy with paint all over his mouth in Watt on St werribee he was walking and chroming also in point cook a guy was chroming outside the new service station,a sad pathetic sight to see.poptart Friday 25 May, 2012 - 11:25 PM
lets get real, public transport is a tool to get from A TO B not for chroming and anti social behaviour... if police cant move these people on or at least remove them from the train well we need to get toughter..
public transport is becomeing a joke is government taking its seriousely or they want people to drive every...Nicholas Thursday 12 April, 2012 - 9:02 PM
It's not the fact people are sceard, it's more the fact of ones safety you can never predict one other retaliation of any situation when it comes to drugs n alcohol use, I categorise chrooming as drugs due to the effect it has on ones brain cells!!John Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 12:27 PM
Why are people scared ? if the police was on the train do you feel safe ?col Sunday 1 April, 2012 - 8:16 PM