- David Davis denies Greg Sassella dispute
- Plan B: 'We have no choice'
- The Leaning Tower of Stupidity
- 'I do hate this guy, he killed my husband': Sue Parsons
- 'Something needs to be done about this'
- 'You're responsible': Socialist Moreland councillor points the finger at Neil
- Germaine Greer has just kicked Bambi
- 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Lukew on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The attack on that poor Muslim woman was appalling and would be roundly detested by most people. However, the Moreland ... more
- brendon on 'Something needs to be done about this' total moron !!!!! more
- Frances on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... HOW ON EARTH WAS SOMEONE LIKE SUE BOLTON EVEN ELECTED INTO BECOMING COUNCILLOR??? MAKING MASSIVE ACCUSATIONS OF PEOPLE ... more
- PJ on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Four things need to happen to solve the problem:1.The continued expansion and growing influence of ISIS/ISIL needs to be ... more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... She is a PERSON,That wants to divide us. "IN OUR SOCIETY.??? more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This Sue Bolton is an absolute disgrace to the people that voted her in. more
- John on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Cr Bolton you are a disgrace. You are unbelievable and totally lacking in credability. more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Something needs to be done about this' If I saw this happen I would have grabbed the guy and pulled him off. This is utterly reckless. more
- AA on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... I no longer listen to 3AW. It is clear that the station and its commentators are doing nothing about promoting ... more
- andy on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... cr bolton is going to be in state/ federal,she sounds just like a politician more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... does not like it when he is accused of something but boy, can he hand it out.... more
- Ricta on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... White, anglo saxon people should be banned from protesting on racial issues.1 of the biggest problems in this world is ... more
- Barney on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Councillor Sue Bolton reminds me of the saying " if you cant be part of the solution ,don't be part of the problem . 3aw ... more
- Gloria on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Sue Bolton is a radical left wing Socialist, she is a trouble maker and was very strongly opposed to CCTV in Moreland. This ... more
- poppitt on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The Burqa should be banned the in the same way as motor bike helmets etc., in banks, fuel stations, and when stopped by the ... more
- Jester4212 on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This councillor is truly unbelievable. more
- acetrim on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... its always about slowing cars down but never about slowing trucks down bring the speed down to 80 ks more
- Ran on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' These Government job agencies don't find jobs. They get a cut when a jobseeker finds a job without their help. They're main ... more
- David R on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' "breaches human rights obligations"... Really , in what universe? Does that apply to all parts of the globe? Does that apply ... more
- poppitt on What's the cost of scrapping EW Link? Maybe the liberals should have ripped up the desal contract, and the myki contract, may have saved some money there too! We ... more
Couple in 60s to run a marathon every day of 2013
A couple in their sixties have committed to running a marathon a day, every day in 2013.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Janette Murray-Wakelin, 63, said she and her husband Alan Murray, 67, are committed to running the full 42.3km each day around Australia, having already run 6,000km this year in preparation.
If successful, the pair will have logged 15,439.5km each by the year’s end.
When asked why they would put their bodies through a marathon for 365 days straight, Ms Murray-Wakelin said: “Because we can.”
”It's something we can do to help inspire people. The run itself, it's an awareness and fundraising event to inspire and motivate people to think more consciously about the choices they make.”
Ever since being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2001, Ms Murray-Wakelin has consumed raw, nutrient-laden foods and increased the distance she would run to help fight the disease. She said despite being told she had six months to live, she decided against undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment.
In order to avoid injury, the pair will run in ‘barefoot shoes’ which Ms Murray-Wakelin said was akin to running barefoot: “So when you're running barefoot, you're running the way your body technically works and therefore you don't get injured.”
Ms Murray-Wakelin denied she was an ‘old hippy’, describing herself as an ultra-runner and a ‘very conscious thinker.
Wow, all kudos to you both for your commitment to fit and enquired lives. And may you continue to enjoy your companionship.mk Wednesday 3 April, 2013 - 5:07 AM
Why run 42.3k a day when the marathon is 42.195k?Terry Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 11:44 AM
Knowing, from personal experience, the deletarious effects of running even a single marathon, I am concerned for their long-term health. I can only hope that they are made of sterner stuff than most and that it doesn't get them down.
Also fascinated to see the effects of long-term use of 'barefoot' shoes. Thanks for being guinea pigs for the rest of us! What sort, BTW? Toed or toeless?Terry Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 9:32 AM
Good luck Janette and Alan.
Wish you wellDavid Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 11:51 PM
WOW!!! I'm inspired!! So you can reverse even advanced cancer with diet and lifestyle, and run a marathon a day years later to tell about it!!! I hope this catches on!!! All the best for your run, you brilliant two!!! :-)Jo Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 4:52 PM