- ASADA interviews 'stressful' for Essendon players: Demetriou
- Napthine announces taskfore to deal with Ford job losses
- Neil Mitchell reflects on the late Hazel Hawke
- Neil Mitchell and Jeff Kennett argue penalty rates
- Franklin hung out to dry: Kennett
- Suspend Buddy Franklin for a month: Neil Mitchell
- EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of Australia
- The King Kong stunt that terrified Neil Mitchell
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kelly on Leaked memo: Ticket inspector ... Neil is getting TRAIN ticket inspectors CONFUSED with YARRA tram ticket inspectors.Different kettle of fish Neil! more
- Gazza on Neil Mitchell and Jeff Kennett argue ... Why should workers accept less so the owners can make more money.its the liberal way ...... more
- bc on Napthine announces taskfore to deal ... Napthine is only going down to geelong to have his photo taken when the doors close you will see and hear from nobody more
- fay silk on Franklin hung out to dry: Kennett My heroes are the workers at Ford or the CFMEU not this idiot. Football is boring. more
- fay silk on Neil Mitchell and Jeff Kennett argue ... Jeff gets $16,000 a week to be in charge of Beyond Blue. What would that globalist operative know about penalty rates. As ... more
- fay silk on Napthine announces taskfore to deal ... This is Agenda 21 the deliberate de industrialization of the west. It was planned back at the Rio earth summit. Ford will go ... more
- fay silk on Father demands answers after five year ... Why use a photo of an American bus. Lazy reporting. Glad the little kid is ok. more
- Harry Brown on Napthine announces taskfore to deal ... I have to pay $50k pa to state gov in Payroll Tax for the privilege of employing 15 people.You rip me off and hand out cash ... more
- JamesD on Neil Mitchell reflects on the late ... Good tribute from N Mitchell. Hazel had a lot to put up with - a very difficult man to stay with for that long. more
- MaryEmelda on Married Catholic priest excommunicated ... He is not Priest or Father he is Mr. Lee, and he should not mess with Church Docrime. If he wanted to get married, he should ... more
- Gloria on Neil Mitchell reflects on the late ... I hated (and still hate) Bob Hawke for the way he treated this wonderful lady but was angry with Hazel for sticking with him ... more
- Kirky on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... PJ said it all and he should be commended. His picture of the state of this country is what we the real people can notice ... more
- unreal choices on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... Gen x again..again..and again, always buying/promoting non- Australian productstccch tcchGrandma could have sat for half an ... more
- Phil on Surely they can't be serious Hello Neil,with everything going on with Ford and manufacturing will this mean this state government will rethink the new ... more
- Jillian on Suspend Buddy Franklin for a month: ... It's only human to find that you have made a quote only to regret it and would like to take it all back later...If Buddy was ... more
- Kate on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... As far as manufacturing goes you only have to go into one of the big chain stores to see that there is a problem. Went into ... more
- Gayle M on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... Nobody in the real world is surprised by what has happened here. Unfortunately Australia cannot afford to keep propping up ... more
- Stephen on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... Mylene the reason this car company is closing is due to greedy union driven conditions and pay claims. Making a Ford made ... more
- Jillian on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... The Footy Show sponsored by the great Nissan, Australian Tennis Open sponsored by our friends at Kia, Toyota proud sponsors ... more
- Jillian on Neil Mitchell reflects on the late ... What a beautiful priceless woman, who well could have had all the special qualities of the first successful woman ... more
Couple in 60s to run a marathon every day of 2013
A couple in their sixties have committed to running a marathon a day, every day in 2013.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Janette Murray-Wakelin, 63, said she and her husband Alan Murray, 67, are committed to running the full 42.3km each day around Australia, having already run 6,000km this year in preparation.
If successful, the pair will have logged 15,439.5km each by the year’s end.
When asked why they would put their bodies through a marathon for 365 days straight, Ms Murray-Wakelin said: “Because we can.”
”It's something we can do to help inspire people. The run itself, it's an awareness and fundraising event to inspire and motivate people to think more consciously about the choices they make.”
Ever since being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2001, Ms Murray-Wakelin has consumed raw, nutrient-laden foods and increased the distance she would run to help fight the disease. She said despite being told she had six months to live, she decided against undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment.
In order to avoid injury, the pair will run in ‘barefoot shoes’ which Ms Murray-Wakelin said was akin to running barefoot: “So when you're running barefoot, you're running the way your body technically works and therefore you don't get injured.”
Ms Murray-Wakelin denied she was an ‘old hippy’, describing herself as an ultra-runner and a ‘very conscious thinker.
Wow, all kudos to you both for your commitment to fit and enquired lives. And may you continue to enjoy your companionship.mk Wednesday 3 April, 2013 - 5:07 AM
Why run 42.3k a day when the marathon is 42.195k?Terry Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 11:44 AM
Knowing, from personal experience, the deletarious effects of running even a single marathon, I am concerned for their long-term health. I can only hope that they are made of sterner stuff than most and that it doesn't get them down.
Also fascinated to see the effects of long-term use of 'barefoot' shoes. Thanks for being guinea pigs for the rest of us! What sort, BTW? Toed or toeless?Terry Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 9:32 AM
Good luck Janette and Alan.
Wish you wellDavid Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 11:51 PM
WOW!!! I'm inspired!! So you can reverse even advanced cancer with diet and lifestyle, and run a marathon a day years later to tell about it!!! I hope this catches on!!! All the best for your run, you brilliant two!!! :-)Jo Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 4:52 PM