- Fuel discount ban will save prices
- Gay couple marry despite expected challenge
- Qantas ads 'political spin'
- Christmas cheer for young Rhyan
- Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl
- Take away Camilleri's privileges
- Racial abuse on the rise
- Why demean Gallipoli?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mcallaway on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl This isnt the first time and probably not the last its appalling to see 5 big blokes(thugs in uniform) turn to this type off ... more
- Stephen on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Slamming a 15 year old girl to the floor is reasonable force. she may have been in wrong but really? Minister sorry no ... more
- John on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl The girls were pretty feral etc and did the wrong thing re: ticket. But I'm not convinced anyone deserves to be treated like ... more
- release the hounds on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Quick call out the hired thugs. looks like a teen girl is travelling without a ticket. now thats really are isn't it. ... more
- Paul Chandler on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Read the transport act which states that a fare may be paid before, during or after a journey. Inspectors should offer that ... more
- Mark on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl One of the girls spat in the face of the poor man simply trying to do his job. I put it to any one of the do-gooders ... more
- yvonne on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl If you give no respect you get no recept simple...Oh it's always someone else's fault. Buy a ticket.. Simple... more
- Jan Lannan on Christmas cheer for young Rhyan This person deserves some kindness she has her hands full with her young boy & his problems hope this will make it a ... more
- Steve on Qantas ads 'political spin' The unions have ripped the guts out of Qantas let them prop them up instead of the tax payer>! more
- bc on Qantas ads 'political spin' so much spin and bull tish all they have to do is cancel 1 new aircraft and guess what their level thats how easy it is ti ... more
- Lukew on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl I agree that this is an over reaction, but there has to be some way to deal with this complete lack of respect. The ... more
- Libby on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Simply buying a ticket will help avoid this response from staff who are charged with the responsibility to put into effect a ... more
- Gazza on Qantas ads 'political spin' Management need to take pay cuts and give workers pay rises to lift productivity........ more
- Mandii on Christmas cheer for young Rhyan Thanks everyone for your support for rhyan Jeremy is donating rhyan a new bike and we are now saving for a shed to lock his ... more
- Alvin on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl I think the ticket inspector shouldn't given an authority to use the force to the customer. If you look at the metro system ... more
- tim on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl These 'Clockwork Orange' thugs are licensed bullies. How about some perspective? Yet again we have a commuter being ... more
- mick on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl No undue force was used and she was assaulting the railway security personal in resisting arrest. Police would have tasered ... more
- Ben on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl To be body slammed over a ticket it's a Joke, in all my years I've never seen a police officer do a body slam on a child ... more
- G. Gaters on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl And on top of all this, remember that any undeducted fares on 31st Dec. will be deducted from your Myki card at the higher ... more
- James on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Slopping work given how many officers were standing around. She shouldn't have gotten through the unmanned gate in the first ... more
Couple in 60s to run a marathon every day of 2013
A couple in their sixties have committed to running a marathon a day, every day in 2013.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Janette Murray-Wakelin, 63, said she and her husband Alan Murray, 67, are committed to running the full 42.3km each day around Australia, having already run 6,000km this year in preparation.
If successful, the pair will have logged 15,439.5km each by the year’s end.
When asked why they would put their bodies through a marathon for 365 days straight, Ms Murray-Wakelin said: “Because we can.”
”It's something we can do to help inspire people. The run itself, it's an awareness and fundraising event to inspire and motivate people to think more consciously about the choices they make.”
Ever since being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2001, Ms Murray-Wakelin has consumed raw, nutrient-laden foods and increased the distance she would run to help fight the disease. She said despite being told she had six months to live, she decided against undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment.
In order to avoid injury, the pair will run in ‘barefoot shoes’ which Ms Murray-Wakelin said was akin to running barefoot: “So when you're running barefoot, you're running the way your body technically works and therefore you don't get injured.”
Ms Murray-Wakelin denied she was an ‘old hippy’, describing herself as an ultra-runner and a ‘very conscious thinker.
Wow, all kudos to you both for your commitment to fit and enquired lives. And may you continue to enjoy your companionship.mk Wednesday 3 April, 2013 - 5:07 AM
Why run 42.3k a day when the marathon is 42.195k?Terry Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 11:44 AM
Knowing, from personal experience, the deletarious effects of running even a single marathon, I am concerned for their long-term health. I can only hope that they are made of sterner stuff than most and that it doesn't get them down.
Also fascinated to see the effects of long-term use of 'barefoot' shoes. Thanks for being guinea pigs for the rest of us! What sort, BTW? Toed or toeless?Terry Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 9:32 AM
Good luck Janette and Alan.
Wish you wellDavid Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 11:51 PM
WOW!!! I'm inspired!! So you can reverse even advanced cancer with diet and lifestyle, and run a marathon a day years later to tell about it!!! I hope this catches on!!! All the best for your run, you brilliant two!!! :-)Jo Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 4:52 PM