- Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white stuff
- 'I'm angry at the mums for doing this'
- AFL boss's plans to lure fans back
- Why we need to fix the welfare system
- ACGA boss: 'I'm not happy'
- Driver captures unmarked camera car
- 'Banks need to improve their reputation'
- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aria Judilla on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... PJ, like most uneducated people, you're confusing "Climate Change" with "Global Warming". Do some research. more
- PJ on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... This won't please the Warmists, looking to justify handing large sums of Aussie cash to greedy big bonus European Bankers! more
- David R on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Monstrous = old.It would have been there before they built the shopping centre and the council probably either wanted them ... more
- Gloss on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Tanya, perhaps their bloody stupid Council woudn't let them get rid of it. When weather events, like we have been ... more
- Hooksy of the Bush on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Tanya, don't you mean why on earth did someone build a car park under a monstrous gum tree? more
- heisdeadjim on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... @Tanya. Being my local, there's a chance the tree was there before the car park...m more
- Tanya on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Re the tree down in Coles - Bayswater.Why on earth did someone plant a monstrous gum tree in a car park?The mind boggles. more
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
Couple in 60s to run a marathon every day of 2013
A couple in their sixties have committed to running a marathon a day, every day in 2013.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Janette Murray-Wakelin, 63, said she and her husband Alan Murray, 67, are committed to running the full 42.3km each day around Australia, having already run 6,000km this year in preparation.
If successful, the pair will have logged 15,439.5km each by the year’s end.
When asked why they would put their bodies through a marathon for 365 days straight, Ms Murray-Wakelin said: “Because we can.”
”It's something we can do to help inspire people. The run itself, it's an awareness and fundraising event to inspire and motivate people to think more consciously about the choices they make.”
Ever since being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2001, Ms Murray-Wakelin has consumed raw, nutrient-laden foods and increased the distance she would run to help fight the disease. She said despite being told she had six months to live, she decided against undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment.
In order to avoid injury, the pair will run in ‘barefoot shoes’ which Ms Murray-Wakelin said was akin to running barefoot: “So when you're running barefoot, you're running the way your body technically works and therefore you don't get injured.”
Ms Murray-Wakelin denied she was an ‘old hippy’, describing herself as an ultra-runner and a ‘very conscious thinker.
Wow, all kudos to you both for your commitment to fit and enquired lives. And may you continue to enjoy your companionship.mk Wednesday 3 April, 2013 - 5:07 AM
Why run 42.3k a day when the marathon is 42.195k?Terry Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 11:44 AM
Knowing, from personal experience, the deletarious effects of running even a single marathon, I am concerned for their long-term health. I can only hope that they are made of sterner stuff than most and that it doesn't get them down.
Also fascinated to see the effects of long-term use of 'barefoot' shoes. Thanks for being guinea pigs for the rest of us! What sort, BTW? Toed or toeless?Terry Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 9:32 AM
Good luck Janette and Alan.
Wish you wellDavid Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 11:51 PM
WOW!!! I'm inspired!! So you can reverse even advanced cancer with diet and lifestyle, and run a marathon a day years later to tell about it!!! I hope this catches on!!! All the best for your run, you brilliant two!!! :-)Jo Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 4:52 PM