- Calls to legalise marijuana
- ABC work-ethic 'shocking': Former manager
- 'It was something we didn't want to see'
- RSL apologises over Turban ban
- Australian Open in 16-year-old's sights
- RSL slams Crowe's comments
- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on 'I don't deserve this' Solomons' Sword. You really think it happens that way. Your a joke.If your happy waiting 16mins for an Ambulance while ... more
- MikeO on 'I don't deserve this' Ambos need a pay rise but there many other people who need them too. I do not like people paid by the tax payer using their ... more
- Randal Woods on 'I don't deserve this' Solomon's Sword, you are obviously a moron. What ambo stands over patients, asking who they will vote for before they treat ... more
- Andrew on 'I don't deserve this' Advocating for patients is a professional trait and being outspoken is acceptable in that context. However, I'm not sure if ... more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
David Galbally QC's red light fine letter
Leading Australian QC David Galbally has provided 3AW listeners with the following template letter to send to the Minister for Roads and the Department of Justice if they believe they have been wrongly fined by dodgy red-light cameras.
COPY AND PASTE THE BELOW TEMPLATE or and send it to:
Dept of Justice
GPO Box 4356
Melbourne VIC 3000
To the Minister for Roads and the Department of Justice,
On the [insert date] I was fined [$ insert details] for proceeding through a red light situated on [insert details of road/street] of [insert details of suburb].
It has now become apparent that the red light camera was not correctly calibrated and I should not have been fined. [**If the writer has lost their licence - add the following - **Furthermore, as a consequence of paying the fine, I received demerit points resulting in my loss of licence. The loss of licence has caused me financial loss which can only be attributed to the failure of the red light camera to operate properly.]
Please advise as to what steps you are taking to refund the fine, remove my demerit points and compensate me for the loss caused as a consequence of a demerit point being recorded against my licence.
In the event that you do not respond within 14 days, I will have no alternative but to look to my legal rights.
VICROADS: The validity of thousands of red light camera fines are being questioned following an audit. Last month the Rumour File revealed Altona Meadows man Gordon Bishop had challenged a red light camera fine in court and won. Details here.
NEIL MITCHELL: Vicroads has known about this since January this year and they didn’t tell anybody. Now they were forced into an audit they should have done almost a year ago. They have been slow, incompetent and misleading to motorists.
@ Dan Connelly,
You wouldn't have lost your licence just for one red light ticket. You were obviously just a poor driver to have racked up so many points already. There are driving courses you can do to improve.Peter Hillster Monday 12 November, 2012 - 7:07 AM
I was aledgely caught at Doncaster and Williamsons rd intercection, missed my due date to respond for option 1 and lost my licence for 3 months. I have since been paying $200 a day for a drive as i am self employed and needed to get to jobs.
So thanks for your input hereDan Connolly Friday 9 November, 2012 - 2:17 PM
Has anyone had a response to their letter yet? The letter states that after 14days legal action will be taken. We're still waiting.Pat Cavalot Friday 9 November, 2012 - 9:47 AM
As with Vince I was caught at the intersection of Williamson Road and Doncaster Road on 14 Nov 2011. I knew something was wrong so asked for the photographs from Civic Compliance and then wrote a letter to them. I eventually paid, not before videoing the traffic lights and comparing with other major intersections. I to wanted to go to court but told process too hard. Can you please also provide me with the relevent address for the Minister of Roads and Dept of Justice.
Keep up the good work - I also will get an apology from my wife who says I am a steed merchant which I am not. I had 0 demerit points, now have 3Andrew Monday 22 October, 2012 - 1:24 PM
Thanks,Neil for a stirling job.
I was nabbed at the intersection of Doncaster Rd.and Willimsons Rd.during that period.I was convinced that I had not committed the offence,but felt it a waste of time appealing against it.The time on the red was deemed to be 1.5 seconds.
Could you please post the address for the Minister for Roads and the Dept.of Justice
Vince.Vince O' Connor Friday 19 October, 2012 - 5:33 PM
Thanks so much for providing the letter and information as to how to deal with these red light infringements.
I was drafting my own when i found your template online.
What a Gentleman!!Romy Hendel Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 10:02 PM