- 'Hamas is not interested in ceasefire'
- Losing war against dangerous phone chargers
- Nitschke: This won't stop me
- Two-thirds want cannabis legalised
- Taxi register confusion clarified
- Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl'
- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mark on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Where's penny Wong now , Brian Taylor got hung drawn and quartered for his poof comment and yet no penny Wong standing up in ... more
- Stephen on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' No you're not a typical Aussie Girl! You're a disgrace and it has nothing to do with your gender either! You are in public ... more
- poppitt on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If any male pollie mentioned a part of a womans body he would be walked over hot coals. This type of 'talk' is not ... more
- Gazza on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If all politicians behaved like normal aussies the world would be a better place. Unfortunately this will never happen as ... more
- Willow on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Would like to know how the people of Tassy, who voted for her, feel now. more
- bushiepete on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' at least we know what we got with this pollie. shes not afraid to speak her mind ..unlike the rest of the fence sitters ... more
- Sinbad on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Two weeks ago, Brian Taylor gets vilified and lambasted for a throw away insult you would hear numerous times in any ... more
- Judi Pickett on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Jacqui Lambie stating she's just a normal Aussie Girl? Neil, you need a mini survey on her comments, as I'd say the public, ... more
- mylene on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' The Prime Minister's comments on women, homosexuals and Aborigines make her look like a beginner. Leave offensiveness to the ... more
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
David Galbally QC's red light fine letter
Leading Australian QC David Galbally has provided 3AW listeners with the following template letter to send to the Minister for Roads and the Department of Justice if they believe they have been wrongly fined by dodgy red-light cameras.
COPY AND PASTE THE BELOW TEMPLATE or and send it to:
Dept of Justice
GPO Box 4356
Melbourne VIC 3000
To the Minister for Roads and the Department of Justice,
On the [insert date] I was fined [$ insert details] for proceeding through a red light situated on [insert details of road/street] of [insert details of suburb].
It has now become apparent that the red light camera was not correctly calibrated and I should not have been fined. [**If the writer has lost their licence - add the following - **Furthermore, as a consequence of paying the fine, I received demerit points resulting in my loss of licence. The loss of licence has caused me financial loss which can only be attributed to the failure of the red light camera to operate properly.]
Please advise as to what steps you are taking to refund the fine, remove my demerit points and compensate me for the loss caused as a consequence of a demerit point being recorded against my licence.
In the event that you do not respond within 14 days, I will have no alternative but to look to my legal rights.
VICROADS: The validity of thousands of red light camera fines are being questioned following an audit. Last month the Rumour File revealed Altona Meadows man Gordon Bishop had challenged a red light camera fine in court and won. Details here.
NEIL MITCHELL: Vicroads has known about this since January this year and they didn’t tell anybody. Now they were forced into an audit they should have done almost a year ago. They have been slow, incompetent and misleading to motorists.
@ Dan Connelly,
You wouldn't have lost your licence just for one red light ticket. You were obviously just a poor driver to have racked up so many points already. There are driving courses you can do to improve.Peter Hillster Monday 12 November, 2012 - 7:07 AM
I was aledgely caught at Doncaster and Williamsons rd intercection, missed my due date to respond for option 1 and lost my licence for 3 months. I have since been paying $200 a day for a drive as i am self employed and needed to get to jobs.
So thanks for your input hereDan Connolly Friday 9 November, 2012 - 2:17 PM
Has anyone had a response to their letter yet? The letter states that after 14days legal action will be taken. We're still waiting.Pat Cavalot Friday 9 November, 2012 - 9:47 AM
As with Vince I was caught at the intersection of Williamson Road and Doncaster Road on 14 Nov 2011. I knew something was wrong so asked for the photographs from Civic Compliance and then wrote a letter to them. I eventually paid, not before videoing the traffic lights and comparing with other major intersections. I to wanted to go to court but told process too hard. Can you please also provide me with the relevent address for the Minister of Roads and Dept of Justice.
Keep up the good work - I also will get an apology from my wife who says I am a steed merchant which I am not. I had 0 demerit points, now have 3Andrew Monday 22 October, 2012 - 1:24 PM
Thanks,Neil for a stirling job.
I was nabbed at the intersection of Doncaster Rd.and Willimsons Rd.during that period.I was convinced that I had not committed the offence,but felt it a waste of time appealing against it.The time on the red was deemed to be 1.5 seconds.
Could you please post the address for the Minister for Roads and the Dept.of Justice
Vince.Vince O' Connor Friday 19 October, 2012 - 5:33 PM
Thanks so much for providing the letter and information as to how to deal with these red light infringements.
I was drafting my own when i found your template online.
What a Gentleman!!Romy Hendel Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 10:02 PM