- Photos: Destructive winds lash the state
- 'Banks need to improve their reputation'
- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save lives'
- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tanya on Photos: Destructive winds lash the state Re the tree down in Coles - Bayswater.Why on earth did someone plant a monstrous gum tree in a car park?The mind boggles. more
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
David Galbally QC's red light fine letter
Leading Australian QC David Galbally has provided 3AW listeners with the following template letter to send to the Minister for Roads and the Department of Justice if they believe they have been wrongly fined by dodgy red-light cameras.
COPY AND PASTE THE BELOW TEMPLATE or and send it to:
Dept of Justice
GPO Box 4356
Melbourne VIC 3000
To the Minister for Roads and the Department of Justice,
On the [insert date] I was fined [$ insert details] for proceeding through a red light situated on [insert details of road/street] of [insert details of suburb].
It has now become apparent that the red light camera was not correctly calibrated and I should not have been fined. [**If the writer has lost their licence - add the following - **Furthermore, as a consequence of paying the fine, I received demerit points resulting in my loss of licence. The loss of licence has caused me financial loss which can only be attributed to the failure of the red light camera to operate properly.]
Please advise as to what steps you are taking to refund the fine, remove my demerit points and compensate me for the loss caused as a consequence of a demerit point being recorded against my licence.
In the event that you do not respond within 14 days, I will have no alternative but to look to my legal rights.
VICROADS: The validity of thousands of red light camera fines are being questioned following an audit. Last month the Rumour File revealed Altona Meadows man Gordon Bishop had challenged a red light camera fine in court and won. Details here.
NEIL MITCHELL: Vicroads has known about this since January this year and they didn’t tell anybody. Now they were forced into an audit they should have done almost a year ago. They have been slow, incompetent and misleading to motorists.
@ Dan Connelly,
You wouldn't have lost your licence just for one red light ticket. You were obviously just a poor driver to have racked up so many points already. There are driving courses you can do to improve.Peter Hillster Monday 12 November, 2012 - 7:07 AM
I was aledgely caught at Doncaster and Williamsons rd intercection, missed my due date to respond for option 1 and lost my licence for 3 months. I have since been paying $200 a day for a drive as i am self employed and needed to get to jobs.
So thanks for your input hereDan Connolly Friday 9 November, 2012 - 2:17 PM
Has anyone had a response to their letter yet? The letter states that after 14days legal action will be taken. We're still waiting.Pat Cavalot Friday 9 November, 2012 - 9:47 AM
As with Vince I was caught at the intersection of Williamson Road and Doncaster Road on 14 Nov 2011. I knew something was wrong so asked for the photographs from Civic Compliance and then wrote a letter to them. I eventually paid, not before videoing the traffic lights and comparing with other major intersections. I to wanted to go to court but told process too hard. Can you please also provide me with the relevent address for the Minister of Roads and Dept of Justice.
Keep up the good work - I also will get an apology from my wife who says I am a steed merchant which I am not. I had 0 demerit points, now have 3Andrew Monday 22 October, 2012 - 1:24 PM
Thanks,Neil for a stirling job.
I was nabbed at the intersection of Doncaster Rd.and Willimsons Rd.during that period.I was convinced that I had not committed the offence,but felt it a waste of time appealing against it.The time on the red was deemed to be 1.5 seconds.
Could you please post the address for the Minister for Roads and the Dept.of Justice
Vince.Vince O' Connor Friday 19 October, 2012 - 5:33 PM
Thanks so much for providing the letter and information as to how to deal with these red light infringements.
I was drafting my own when i found your template online.
What a Gentleman!!Romy Hendel Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 10:02 PM