- 'Hamas is not interested in ceasefire'
- Losing war against dangerous phone chargers
- Nitschke: This won't stop me
- Two-thirds want cannabis legalised
- Taxi register confusion clarified
- Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl'
- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mark on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Where's penny Wong now , Brian Taylor got hung drawn and quartered for his poof comment and yet no penny Wong standing up in ... more
- Stephen on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' No you're not a typical Aussie Girl! You're a disgrace and it has nothing to do with your gender either! You are in public ... more
- poppitt on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If any male pollie mentioned a part of a womans body he would be walked over hot coals. This type of 'talk' is not ... more
- Gazza on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If all politicians behaved like normal aussies the world would be a better place. Unfortunately this will never happen as ... more
- Willow on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Would like to know how the people of Tassy, who voted for her, feel now. more
- bushiepete on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' at least we know what we got with this pollie. shes not afraid to speak her mind ..unlike the rest of the fence sitters ... more
- Sinbad on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Two weeks ago, Brian Taylor gets vilified and lambasted for a throw away insult you would hear numerous times in any ... more
- Judi Pickett on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Jacqui Lambie stating she's just a normal Aussie Girl? Neil, you need a mini survey on her comments, as I'd say the public, ... more
- mylene on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' The Prime Minister's comments on women, homosexuals and Aborigines make her look like a beginner. Leave offensiveness to the ... more
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
Demetriou received threats over James Hird comments
AFL chief Andrew Demetriou has told Neil Mitchell he received threats following inaccurate reports he said James Hird should stand down.
Mr Demetriou slammed the media and said the reporting of his comments made last week on the Neil Mitchell program had been poor.
"I never called for James Hird to stand down,” he said.
WATCH VIDEO: Andrew Demetriou reveals he has received threats:
"I’ve got nothing to apologise for, in fact I’m really disappointed in some people in the media who decided to stick a microphone under his nose saying 'AFL CEO has called for you to stand down'.”
Last week on the Neil Mitchell program, Andrew Demetriou said standing aside was an option James Hird 'has to consider' following allegations he had been injected with questionable substances by former Essendon sports scientist Stephen Dank.
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell's interview with Andrew Demtriou which sparked the media frenzy:
Mr Demetriou said he hadn’t spoken to James Hird about the comments.
"He fully co-operated with ASADA the other day in a pretty lengthy day of investigation," he said.
"He put out a statement saying he looked forward to telling the truth, which he did in his statement and now the investigation proceeds," he said.
Mr Demetriou said he had received threatening emails from members of the public.
"There have been a number of things that have happened to myself and a couple of others at the AFL, based on some outrage from I suspect Essendon supporters but again that is probably a bi-product of poor reporting," he said.
"People get emotional in this game and they should pull their heads in."
On 3AW Football, Caroline Wilson called Demetriou a political animal and a populist.
LISTEN: Andrew Demetriou spoke to Neil Mitchell about threats he received over comments made about James Hird