- A last-ditch pitch to voters
- Brave victims snap attackers
- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Depression can be tough, but it is treatable - Ian Thorpe proves it
Ian Thorpe is arguably Australia’s greatest sportsman.
Five Olympic gold medals, at 14 years of age he was the youngest swimmer to represent Australia, and six hold at one world titles.
He was the most successful athlete at the Sydney Games: 3 Gold, 2 Silver.
He was an extraordinary swimmer, and he did much of it drunk, depressed, and taking medication for his mental health.
He has explained this in his autobiography, some of which was released at the weekend.
This really shows me how strong Thorpe is. What he has done here could be as important as his swimming.
He admits to being suicidal, he admits to heavy drinking – which he hid. He says he has been treated for depression for a long time and taken medication for it.
He talks about the highs of gold not being as high because he was medicated. He talks about world titles not giving him the huge buzz for the same reason.
And the best thing, he survives. He is getting on with life.
There are a couple of messages here: how far we have come and how a person can hide it.
Ian Thorpe can talk openly about his mental health and nobody mocks or shuns him, people only admire him. But he hid his problems even from those closest to him.
The message then is, don’t be ashamed. Confront it, deal with it and get help – particularly if you are suicidal.
Share it. Depression is treatable, it can be tough, but it is treatable. Ian Thorpe proves it.
Firstly, there is no way he is our greatest sportsman. He was always over rated. Secondly whilst depression is a very serious issue and needs to be treated asap, he seems more like a sook. Funny how all these things come out just as he is writing a book, but has he let all of his secrets out f the closet? I doubt it.Ric Flair Monday 15 October, 2012 - 2:22 PM
The cynics out here might say this news is a great teaser,especially during a book launch...Then,you would have to be cynical-wouldn't you!jgl Melb Monday 15 October, 2012 - 2:06 PM