- Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white stuff
- 'I'm angry at the mums for doing this'
- AFL boss's plans to lure fans back
- Why we need to fix the welfare system
- ACGA boss: 'I'm not happy'
- Driver captures unmarked camera car
- 'Banks need to improve their reputation'
- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aria Judilla on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... PJ, like most uneducated people, you're confusing "Climate Change" with "Global Warming". Do some research. more
- PJ on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... This won't please the Warmists, looking to justify handing large sums of Aussie cash to greedy big bonus European Bankers! more
- David R on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Monstrous = old.It would have been there before they built the shopping centre and the council probably either wanted them ... more
- Gloss on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Tanya, perhaps their bloody stupid Council woudn't let them get rid of it. When weather events, like we have been ... more
- Hooksy of the Bush on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Tanya, don't you mean why on earth did someone build a car park under a monstrous gum tree? more
- heisdeadjim on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... @Tanya. Being my local, there's a chance the tree was there before the car park...m more
- Tanya on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Re the tree down in Coles - Bayswater.Why on earth did someone plant a monstrous gum tree in a car park?The mind boggles. more
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
Exclusive: Taser first 'saves man's life'
EXCLUSIVE: A frontline officer used a taser to save a man's life in a first for Victoria Police.
The Neil Mitchell program revealed that it was the first time a taser has been used by a frontline officer.
Police were called to a Princess Highway overpass at Newborough about 10.30pm on Saturday where a man, 43, wielding a noose and a large kitchen knife was making threats.
An officer successfully used a taser from a long distance followed by capsicum spray to
"This is the first time it's been done by a frontline officer, as opposed to one of the specialists," Neil Mitchell revealed.
"It has probably saved the man's life."
The man was arrested and taken to La Trobe Regional Hospital but not admitted under Mental Health Act.
He was taken to Morwell police station to be interviewed in relation to weapons and threats to kill offences.
While in custody, the man has again attempted self harm. He was taken to La Trobe Regional Hospital where he was admitted for assessment.
Victoria Police confirmed it was the "first time there has been a successful probe deployment of a conducted energy device by frontline police since the pilot began three years ago".
"It looks like good work from the police, it looks like effective action by the taser," Neil Mitchell said.
BREAKING First taser shot fired by front line cop. They did well. Saved lives. But then the mental health system failed them all. @3AW693— Justin Smith (@JustinSmith3AW) August 11, 2013
There's a man crying out for help.
Too bad most of society doesnt understand mental illness and see that.
Through bad luck any of us could fall into a mental illness which snowballs.
Does any one wonder how the hell he even got to that point?Caz Wednesday 14 August, 2013 - 2:05 PM
I wonder if our delusional, paranoid, hater of all things in uniform, will have a typically negative comment to post. If the member had not subdued this man, he my well have ended his own life, but no doubt 'fruitloop' will scream about brutality, the boy's club, Masons, conspiracies, poisoned tofu and magic snails ! Her contemptuous, offensive, poorly spelt and grammatically incorrect ravings about ambo's, coppers, fire fighters any any other evil authority figure is testament to a very damaged or chemically altered mind !Sinbad Monday 12 August, 2013 - 2:24 PM