- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- 'I don't deserve this'
- Car park rip-off
- Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne?
- Shrine shadow building approved
- From the steps of Parliament
- Is this Xmas tree worth $1m?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on 'I don't deserve this' Solomons' Sword. You really think it happens that way. Your a joke.If your happy waiting 16mins for an Ambulance while ... more
- MikeO on 'I don't deserve this' Ambos need a pay rise but there many other people who need them too. I do not like people paid by the tax payer using their ... more
- Randal Woods on 'I don't deserve this' Solomon's Sword, you are obviously a moron. What ambo stands over patients, asking who they will vote for before they treat ... more
- Andrew on 'I don't deserve this' Advocating for patients is a professional trait and being outspoken is acceptable in that context. However, I'm not sure if ... more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
Exclusive: Taser first 'saves man's life'
EXCLUSIVE: A frontline officer used a taser to save a man's life in a first for Victoria Police.
The Neil Mitchell program revealed that it was the first time a taser has been used by a frontline officer.
Police were called to a Princess Highway overpass at Newborough about 10.30pm on Saturday where a man, 43, wielding a noose and a large kitchen knife was making threats.
An officer successfully used a taser from a long distance followed by capsicum spray to
"This is the first time it's been done by a frontline officer, as opposed to one of the specialists," Neil Mitchell revealed.
"It has probably saved the man's life."
The man was arrested and taken to La Trobe Regional Hospital but not admitted under Mental Health Act.
He was taken to Morwell police station to be interviewed in relation to weapons and threats to kill offences.
While in custody, the man has again attempted self harm. He was taken to La Trobe Regional Hospital where he was admitted for assessment.
Victoria Police confirmed it was the "first time there has been a successful probe deployment of a conducted energy device by frontline police since the pilot began three years ago".
"It looks like good work from the police, it looks like effective action by the taser," Neil Mitchell said.
BREAKING First taser shot fired by front line cop. They did well. Saved lives. But then the mental health system failed them all. @3AW693— Justin Smith (@JustinSmith3AW) August 11, 2013
There's a man crying out for help.
Too bad most of society doesnt understand mental illness and see that.
Through bad luck any of us could fall into a mental illness which snowballs.
Does any one wonder how the hell he even got to that point?Caz Wednesday 14 August, 2013 - 2:05 PM
I wonder if our delusional, paranoid, hater of all things in uniform, will have a typically negative comment to post. If the member had not subdued this man, he my well have ended his own life, but no doubt 'fruitloop' will scream about brutality, the boy's club, Masons, conspiracies, poisoned tofu and magic snails ! Her contemptuous, offensive, poorly spelt and grammatically incorrect ravings about ambo's, coppers, fire fighters any any other evil authority figure is testament to a very damaged or chemically altered mind !Sinbad Monday 12 August, 2013 - 2:24 PM