- 'Hamas is not interested in ceasefire'
- Losing war against dangerous phone chargers
- Nitschke: This won't stop me
- Two-thirds want cannabis legalised
- Taxi register confusion clarified
- Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl'
- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mark on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Where's penny Wong now , Brian Taylor got hung drawn and quartered for his poof comment and yet no penny Wong standing up in ... more
- Stephen on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' No you're not a typical Aussie Girl! You're a disgrace and it has nothing to do with your gender either! You are in public ... more
- poppitt on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If any male pollie mentioned a part of a womans body he would be walked over hot coals. This type of 'talk' is not ... more
- Gazza on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If all politicians behaved like normal aussies the world would be a better place. Unfortunately this will never happen as ... more
- Willow on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Would like to know how the people of Tassy, who voted for her, feel now. more
- bushiepete on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' at least we know what we got with this pollie. shes not afraid to speak her mind ..unlike the rest of the fence sitters ... more
- Sinbad on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Two weeks ago, Brian Taylor gets vilified and lambasted for a throw away insult you would hear numerous times in any ... more
- Judi Pickett on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Jacqui Lambie stating she's just a normal Aussie Girl? Neil, you need a mini survey on her comments, as I'd say the public, ... more
- mylene on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' The Prime Minister's comments on women, homosexuals and Aborigines make her look like a beginner. Leave offensiveness to the ... more
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
Exclusive: Taser first 'saves man's life'
EXCLUSIVE: A frontline officer used a taser to save a man's life in a first for Victoria Police.
The Neil Mitchell program revealed that it was the first time a taser has been used by a frontline officer.
Police were called to a Princess Highway overpass at Newborough about 10.30pm on Saturday where a man, 43, wielding a noose and a large kitchen knife was making threats.
An officer successfully used a taser from a long distance followed by capsicum spray to
"This is the first time it's been done by a frontline officer, as opposed to one of the specialists," Neil Mitchell revealed.
"It has probably saved the man's life."
The man was arrested and taken to La Trobe Regional Hospital but not admitted under Mental Health Act.
He was taken to Morwell police station to be interviewed in relation to weapons and threats to kill offences.
While in custody, the man has again attempted self harm. He was taken to La Trobe Regional Hospital where he was admitted for assessment.
Victoria Police confirmed it was the "first time there has been a successful probe deployment of a conducted energy device by frontline police since the pilot began three years ago".
"It looks like good work from the police, it looks like effective action by the taser," Neil Mitchell said.
BREAKING First taser shot fired by front line cop. They did well. Saved lives. But then the mental health system failed them all. @3AW693— Justin Smith (@JustinSmith3AW) August 11, 2013
There's a man crying out for help.
Too bad most of society doesnt understand mental illness and see that.
Through bad luck any of us could fall into a mental illness which snowballs.
Does any one wonder how the hell he even got to that point?Caz Wednesday 14 August, 2013 - 2:05 PM
I wonder if our delusional, paranoid, hater of all things in uniform, will have a typically negative comment to post. If the member had not subdued this man, he my well have ended his own life, but no doubt 'fruitloop' will scream about brutality, the boy's club, Masons, conspiracies, poisoned tofu and magic snails ! Her contemptuous, offensive, poorly spelt and grammatically incorrect ravings about ambo's, coppers, fire fighters any any other evil authority figure is testament to a very damaged or chemically altered mind !Sinbad Monday 12 August, 2013 - 2:24 PM