- Take away Camilleri's privileges
- Racial abuse on the rise
- Why demean Gallipoli?
- 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament'
- Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal with James Hird and Essendon
- 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is back'
- Mandate for Abbott?
- Fairfield station's new holding cell
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- BRENDA on Black Saturday survivor: The money's ... something to consider, people. While the fire victims need counselling many veterans from Afghanistan and other places who ... more
- Gloria on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Can't believe the vitriol levelled at Andrew, he is telling the truth and if Essendon or some benefactor is paying Hird he ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... DOES THIS 2 MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR MAN REALLY KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS more
- mylene on Why demean Gallipoli? Keating did really well in the ratings and was never out of the top 10. Maybe they could follow it up with Andrew Bolt ... more
- JamesD on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Herald continues with banner headlines on AFL & Demetriou - during the year Fairfax seemed to know lot more about issue. Is ... more
- Robert Rich on 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is ... I believe if James Hird took the AFL to court he would have won what a joke sack Andrew more
- Maureen on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' He was found NOT guilty of anything and has left plenty of egg on the face of Mitchell, the Herald Sun and feral Labor ... more
- Matthew on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... I wonder how Demetriou will cope in jail? Because that's what this is all about, he is facing a jail sentence if found ... more
- Jake on Why demean Gallipoli? Would anyone expect different of bagman Keating? more
- Jake on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... This is not about integrity and doing teh right thing. Rather it is about protecting the AFL brand and for Andrew ... more
- Jake on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' That Shaw is a disgrace is not in question But I disagree that he should resign. Let the ballot box decide at the next ... more
- mylene on Mandate for Abbott? "One blue"?? He's tried to start conflict with both Indonesia and China and sent ASIO after Aussie lawyers. If the rest of ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why demean Gallipoli? @Milton posting - yes an excellent comment indeed. Maybe we right thinking voters should have a Hall of Shame in the ... more
- Tim on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... So what's the threat tape that's been rumoured??I doubt Demetrio will survive this and he should take Wilson with him. more
- Albert chapman on Why demean Gallipoli? Neil Gallipoli is important in our history but not the "Birth of the Nation". I believe the event of December 1854 at Eureka ... more
- nat carr on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... If no Essendon player is stood down for taking illegal drugs then Essendon and the AFL have done the deal . more
- Greg on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' Australia is far too lenient when it comes to Politicians indiscretions.That's why they all rort the system.When it comes to ... more
- Willow on Why demean Gallipoli? I have always detested Keating and believe that he and Hawke were/are both evil men. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Gloria, more fool you if you believe Andrew D. AD is a criminal himself. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Craig, this story has nothing to do with what Essendon may or may not have done. It has ALL to do with how dodgy the AFL ... more
Exclusive: Taser first 'saves man's life'
EXCLUSIVE: A frontline officer used a taser to save a man's life in a first for Victoria Police.
The Neil Mitchell program revealed that it was the first time a taser has been used by a frontline officer.
Police were called to a Princess Highway overpass at Newborough about 10.30pm on Saturday where a man, 43, wielding a noose and a large kitchen knife was making threats.
An officer successfully used a taser from a long distance followed by capsicum spray to
"This is the first time it's been done by a frontline officer, as opposed to one of the specialists," Neil Mitchell revealed.
"It has probably saved the man's life."
The man was arrested and taken to La Trobe Regional Hospital but not admitted under Mental Health Act.
He was taken to Morwell police station to be interviewed in relation to weapons and threats to kill offences.
While in custody, the man has again attempted self harm. He was taken to La Trobe Regional Hospital where he was admitted for assessment.
Victoria Police confirmed it was the "first time there has been a successful probe deployment of a conducted energy device by frontline police since the pilot began three years ago".
"It looks like good work from the police, it looks like effective action by the taser," Neil Mitchell said.
BREAKING First taser shot fired by front line cop. They did well. Saved lives. But then the mental health system failed them all. @3AW693— Justin Smith (@JustinSmith3AW) August 11, 2013
There's a man crying out for help.
Too bad most of society doesnt understand mental illness and see that.
Through bad luck any of us could fall into a mental illness which snowballs.
Does any one wonder how the hell he even got to that point?Caz Wednesday 14 August, 2013 - 2:05 PM
I wonder if our delusional, paranoid, hater of all things in uniform, will have a typically negative comment to post. If the member had not subdued this man, he my well have ended his own life, but no doubt 'fruitloop' will scream about brutality, the boy's club, Masons, conspiracies, poisoned tofu and magic snails ! Her contemptuous, offensive, poorly spelt and grammatically incorrect ravings about ambo's, coppers, fire fighters any any other evil authority figure is testament to a very damaged or chemically altered mind !Sinbad Monday 12 August, 2013 - 2:24 PM