- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
EXCLUSIVE VISION: The moments before Geoff Shaw altercation
My views on the Member for Fankston Geoff Shaw are very well known
I think he is a political bully.
I think he should not be in the Parliament.
And I think he is a traitor to the people of Frankston because he was elected a Liberal and now spends his days frustrating a Liberal government.
That's what I think.
But now I believe there is even more reason to doubt the bona fides of the Member for Frankston.
I have been leaked a video, and it raises very serious questions about this man.
It is a video that I believe is now also in the hands of the Victoria Police and the Parliamentary Privileges Committee.
And it is here.
Although we have seen video of the incident before, we have never seen the lead-up.
This video is from security cameras placed around the state Parliament.
It goes back to October last year and the ugly scenes involving Geoff Shaw and the taxi drivers who were protesting on the steps of Parliament.
Several of those drivers now face charges but that is a matter for the courts. Four of them were charged including two men in their mid-seventies.
That is not what I am talking about.
Geoff Shaw has always claimed that he was simply going about his business trying to get up the front steps when this turned ugly and he was attacked.
In fact, in a statement on his own website, which is still there, he says: “Today I was walking up the front steps of Parliament House when I observed taxi operators protesting.”
Well, when you look at this video there is reason to doubt that.
There is reason to question whether in fact Geoff Shaw went out of his way to confront the protestors and perhaps even provoke them.
The video clearly shows him walking along the street and into the side entrance of Parliament House on Spring Street the south end of the building.
This leads to the back door where most other members of Parliament apparently entered that day.
As he is walking to this entrance he seems to twice look towards the front steps where the protest was underway and the media was gathered.
Mr Shaw proceeds to the side entrance, heading to the back of Parliament House.
And when he is almost to the door - probably about 20 yards away - he suddenly turns and goes back on his tracks to the side gate and out on to Spring Street.
There he turns right and heads down towards the front steps and the protest.
He appears to wave his hands at the protestors and then climbs up the steps where the altercation occurs.
Now - why?
Why did he head towards the side door apparently after seeing the protesters and apparently change his mind?
Did he deliberately provoke them?
Did he deliberately confront them?
Was it part of a stunt?
Why was it good enough for other members of Parliament to use that entrance on that day?
Why was it good enough for Mr Shaw to intend to do exactly that - to avoid the protest - and then suddenly change his mind and walk into a confrontation?
Was it deliberate?
Only he knows, and only he can say.
He won’t talk to me - he never does - although the offer is there. We called his office about this late yesterday.
But he must answer this at some stage.
It goes to the heart of his credibility and indeed what he has said to his own electorate.
As I said, this tape has been, I believe, handed to police and to the privileges committee.
That is not to say he has done anything wrong.
But it is to say he has questions to answer.
And if he won’t answer me, at least he must answer the committee or the police.