- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- Melbourne's rail horror
- Beach rules are a dog's breakfast
- East West protestors vow to continue fight
- Setting the record Strait
- Tyler Fishlock gets the 'all clear'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
- PH on Hinch freed from jail sans beard My first though looking at that photo was Darren James in 30 years time. more
- Pat Heuvel on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Definitely not the right thing to do. You want to crack down on someone? crack down on the ones that use their phones while ... more
- darrin on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn your lucky i know people have had to spend 1 day per $100 but i guess like most people with some fame to there name ... more
- Sarah on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truck drivers are constantly speeding on the roads I travel. I have watched a truck in front of me lose control and jack ... more
- joe on 'We need to get tough on truckies' I think a good idea for the point system on your licence is that the first 4 points are normal fines. Then next 4 points are ... more
- Russell Watts on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Neil, it should not matter if you are a truck driver or not, if you lose 12 points then you lose your licence. But the laws ... more
- Andrew on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Hi Neil. Why not extend fines to trucking companies as well as drivers? Truck company gets the same fine as the driver? Or a ... more
- poppitt on 'We need to get tough on truckies' They are supposed to be professional drivers, they are supposed to know the law. I think most truck drivers are fantastic ... more
- poppitt on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... Everything packaged or not should be labelled. It is not enough for the customer to ask, my son has gluten intolernace, asks ... more
- Wendy on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... How ridiculous not having to label fresh salad ingredients by law! It's still got ingredients and someone is still going to ... more
- Hazel Finney on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Bass Coast Council brought this ban through without proper consultation from the public. more
- Olga on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast We pay to camp on the foreshore on the peninsula where dogs can roam all day. They pee on our towels our kids are scared. ... more
- Aria Judilla on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Forget the beaches, we can't even take our kids to the park anymore because of the dogs that run up to them and paw them and ... more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast NO CONFIDENCE in the Bass Coast council more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Dogs on a lead at all times along Inverloch beach. Fine then $500 Bass Coast. We got a new Council full of spin and lies and ... more
- ian on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Have you ever sat near or on dog POO. more
Gillard is promoting the gender bias war
This is tacky. Julia Gillard has found a new weapon in her war against gender bias. It is gender bias.
She and her minders invited the magazine Marie Claire to do a joint interview with the female ministers.
No blokes allowed – just girls. And they were asked such questions as: ‘Given a choice between sleep-in, a five-point jump in the polls and more sex, which would you prefer?’
So, they have asked the Prime Minister if she would like more sex. Can you imagine me asking John Howard that? Oh, sorry Mr Howard, just before we get to the collapse of the economy, would you like more sex?
The female ministers at 'The Lodge' being interview for Marie Clair. (Photo: Pacific Magazines)
Oh come on.
Remember, this is at the invitation of the government. Hardly Prime Ministerial, or dignified, or consistent.
The Prime Minister has fought against gender bias, but here she is encouraging it by trying to use gender as a promotional tool.
Other questions: What poster did you have on the wall of your bedroom as a teenager? Julia Gillard had David Essex, Penny Wong had INXS. What was their favourite dancing song? The Prime Minister went for ‘Born To Run’ by Bruce Springsteen. What makes you cry? Animal movies make the PM shed a tear.
The group got together at The Lodge at the invitation of the government. Julia Gillard, Nicola Roxon, Jenny Macklin, Penny Wong, Kate Ellis, Kate Lundy and Julie Collins.
They were even asked about whether they had read ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’, the garbage erotic novel.
I don’t mind trying to humanise pollies, but this is massively hypocritical and demeaning. It is the classic girly survey right down to questions about sex.
It happened at the invitation of the government spin doctors with the approval of Julia Gillard and it turned sexism into a promotional weapon.
It doesn’t bend the gender war, it promotes it.
LISTEN: Marie Claire editor Jackie Frank speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Misandronist Gillard demonstrating she doesn't represent all Australians. Misandronist Gillard continues to play the gender card, her last ditch effort to stay in power.Why is misandry considered acceptable and misogyny sexist? Perhaps misandronist Gillard could fill us all in.Jake Monday 12 November, 2012 - 3:51 PM
Well here you have it folks. The ALP only represents women. Women and women only. At least Abbott represents ALL Australians regardless of gender.gender on the agenda again Monday 12 November, 2012 - 10:53 AM
@sylvie I am sure the silly fool is not Neil Mitchell, and rather it is you - old or young. Gillard is doing whatever she can to hang onto power. There is nothing sincere in her approach to gender.Ivan@kinnane Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 6:35 AM
Hmmm. Again, all failed rotten stinking labor party staffers and its supporters comments well documented here. Madame Gillard is a proven liar, an utterly deceitful, non-trustworthy feminazi who should have never ever entered politics. A wanton wasted space indeed. And the proofs are there for all TO SEE!Jonathon L Benson Friday 9 November, 2012 - 8:51 PM
This PM and her bullying lieing, let's sleep with anyone we can to opportune ourselves female staff, really are the bottom of the barrel - so embarrassing !!yvonne Friday 9 November, 2012 - 10:09 AM
The men are running scared by the tone of the comments.
SOON WOMEN WILL RULE THE WORLD!!! hehe
I would be scared if I was you as well!caz Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 7:51 PM