- 'It can happen to anyone'
- Bank asks for 3-year-old's details
- Students told to take off Poppy
- Doyle to purge streets of cheap grog
- Has Neil Mitchell broken the law?
- Lite, but not that easy to deliver
- CanTeen makes a difference
- 'These women have shaken us up'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- garry on Students told to take off Poppy Sack the teacher for imparting there own views on the children. How disgustingly disrespectful of our fallen fathers.I could ... more
- Tess on 'It can happen to anyone' I year it was NOT AN ACCIDENT IT WAS A DELIBERATE ONCE SHE CHOSE TO DRIVE ....... and she gets congratulated and rewarded ... more
- IBARKER on 'It can happen to anyone' Sorry to "LATE". more
- Graeme Porter on 'It can happen to anyone' Could somebody look at these wire traffic barriers that are being installed everywhere. On the South Gippsland Highway the ... more
- marypenny on 'It can happen to anyone' yea yea yea!allthese rogue booze filled drivers are having a revival and are all successful whatever.Yea we can do it! ... more
- Sean Murphy on Students told to take off Poppy Last time I looked a poppy was not a religious item nor was a bracelet. Where did this teacher get the idea that Remembrance ... more
- Rachel on 'It can happen to anyone' This is a brilliant campaign. Amanda is making such a statement in sharing this story.I frequently attend functions and then ... more
- Gloria on Students told to take off Poppy I am an RSL Poppy Seller and I find this story incredible.What is this teachers background? more
- Irish on Students told to take off Poppy Disgraceful! I hope the principal doesn't take the side of the teacher concerned but as usual the minority win don't they? more
- johnson on Students told to take off Poppy who's...Poppy's...hmmm...looks like the ten year old is not the only one in need of schooling more
- PatQuickCrazy on Students told to take off Poppy Seriously, who are we catering for here?? This is outrageous! Sack the teacher I say! more
- Kate on Students told to take off Poppy So should the teacher now ignore all of the school policies just in case a parent decides their child should be an exception ... more
- Daniel on Students told to take off Poppy So there is a kid wearing a piece of jewellery which he shouldn't be wearing and a teacher confiscates it ... Fair and ... more
- Carl Thompson on Students told to take off Poppy If one of my children was at that school the teacher would get a crowbar around the ears. I hope that there is a patriot ... more
- Dave on Students told to take off Poppy What was the teachers nationality.????It could explain a bit. more
- Eejay 68 on Students told to take off Poppy How unaustralian of this teacher. The wearing of poppies/badges should be encouraged in schools for the week of the event. more
- Vicki simpson on Students told to take off Poppy I've had kids going there for the last 17 year the school has always sold Anzac badges and have sold Poppy's as well the ... more
- Peggy on 'These women have shaken us up' Why should any murder be considered average? The victim is still dead and the impact on the family is just as great so why ... more
- Gloria on Breakfast clubs for schools And how do they determine whether the children are disadvantaged or the parents just plain lazy. more
- Susie on Breakfast clubs for schools Parents get money from Centrelink to do this yet they spend elsewhere. School breakfast program started here years ago when ... more
Gillard is promoting the gender bias war
This is tacky. Julia Gillard has found a new weapon in her war against gender bias. It is gender bias.
She and her minders invited the magazine Marie Claire to do a joint interview with the female ministers.
No blokes allowed – just girls. And they were asked such questions as: ‘Given a choice between sleep-in, a five-point jump in the polls and more sex, which would you prefer?’
So, they have asked the Prime Minister if she would like more sex. Can you imagine me asking John Howard that? Oh, sorry Mr Howard, just before we get to the collapse of the economy, would you like more sex?
The female ministers at 'The Lodge' being interview for Marie Clair. (Photo: Pacific Magazines)
Oh come on.
Remember, this is at the invitation of the government. Hardly Prime Ministerial, or dignified, or consistent.
The Prime Minister has fought against gender bias, but here she is encouraging it by trying to use gender as a promotional tool.
Other questions: What poster did you have on the wall of your bedroom as a teenager? Julia Gillard had David Essex, Penny Wong had INXS. What was their favourite dancing song? The Prime Minister went for ‘Born To Run’ by Bruce Springsteen. What makes you cry? Animal movies make the PM shed a tear.
The group got together at The Lodge at the invitation of the government. Julia Gillard, Nicola Roxon, Jenny Macklin, Penny Wong, Kate Ellis, Kate Lundy and Julie Collins.
They were even asked about whether they had read ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’, the garbage erotic novel.
I don’t mind trying to humanise pollies, but this is massively hypocritical and demeaning. It is the classic girly survey right down to questions about sex.
It happened at the invitation of the government spin doctors with the approval of Julia Gillard and it turned sexism into a promotional weapon.
It doesn’t bend the gender war, it promotes it.
LISTEN: Marie Claire editor Jackie Frank speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Misandronist Gillard demonstrating she doesn't represent all Australians. Misandronist Gillard continues to play the gender card, her last ditch effort to stay in power.Why is misandry considered acceptable and misogyny sexist? Perhaps misandronist Gillard could fill us all in.Jake Monday 12 November, 2012 - 3:51 PM
Well here you have it folks. The ALP only represents women. Women and women only. At least Abbott represents ALL Australians regardless of gender.gender on the agenda again Monday 12 November, 2012 - 10:53 AM
@sylvie I am sure the silly fool is not Neil Mitchell, and rather it is you - old or young. Gillard is doing whatever she can to hang onto power. There is nothing sincere in her approach to gender.Ivan@kinnane Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 6:35 AM
Hmmm. Again, all failed rotten stinking labor party staffers and its supporters comments well documented here. Madame Gillard is a proven liar, an utterly deceitful, non-trustworthy feminazi who should have never ever entered politics. A wanton wasted space indeed. And the proofs are there for all TO SEE!Jonathon L Benson Friday 9 November, 2012 - 8:51 PM
This PM and her bullying lieing, let's sleep with anyone we can to opportune ourselves female staff, really are the bottom of the barrel - so embarrassing !!yvonne Friday 9 November, 2012 - 10:09 AM
The men are running scared by the tone of the comments.
SOON WOMEN WILL RULE THE WORLD!!! hehe
I would be scared if I was you as well!caz Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 7:51 PM