- Niqab is not a 'symbol of evil'
- Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices
- 'An unsettled China is unsettling for Australia'
- David Davis denies Greg Sassella dispute
- Plan B: 'We have no choice'
- The Leaning Tower of Stupidity
- 'I do hate this guy, he killed my husband': Sue Parsons
- 'Something needs to be done about this'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Debs on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices $24 per hour??? That's not a bad rate. That's more than the minimum wage. I'm sure there are a lot of people working out ... more
- Linda Pettit on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Lets hope that this songbird reaches the masses and that there is a peaceful acknowledgement that some things in China need ... more
- Edward on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Well done as it doesn't hurt to let people know how others feel in these times more
- judy wilson on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... just beautiful more
- mylene on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Tony Abbott hasn't mentioned Hong Kong yet. It's obviously not a very important story. :p more
- poppitt on Plan B: 'We have no choice' If you have debt you pay interest. The more debt the more interest. Why is it people do not want to pay the debt? Do they ... more
- Lukew on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The attack on that poor Muslim woman was appalling and would be roundly detested by most people. However, the Moreland ... more
- brendon on 'Something needs to be done about this' total moron !!!!! more
- Frances on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... HOW ON EARTH WAS SOMEONE LIKE SUE BOLTON EVEN ELECTED INTO BECOMING COUNCILLOR??? MAKING MASSIVE ACCUSATIONS OF PEOPLE ... more
- PJ on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Four things need to happen to solve the problem:1.The continued expansion and growing influence of ISIS/ISIL needs to be ... more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... She is a PERSON,That wants to divide us. "IN OUR SOCIETY.??? more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This Sue Bolton is an absolute disgrace to the people that voted her in. more
- John on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Cr Bolton you are a disgrace. You are unbelievable and totally lacking in credability. more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Something needs to be done about this' If I saw this happen I would have grabbed the guy and pulled him off. This is utterly reckless. more
- AA on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... I no longer listen to 3AW. It is clear that the station and its commentators are doing nothing about promoting ... more
- andy on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... cr bolton is going to be in state/ federal,she sounds just like a politician more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... does not like it when he is accused of something but boy, can he hand it out.... more
- Ricta on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... White, anglo saxon people should be banned from protesting on racial issues.1 of the biggest problems in this world is ... more
- Barney on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Councillor Sue Bolton reminds me of the saying " if you cant be part of the solution ,don't be part of the problem . 3aw ... more
- Gloria on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Sue Bolton is a radical left wing Socialist, she is a trouble maker and was very strongly opposed to CCTV in Moreland. This ... more
Golfer Jarrod Lyle speaks of fighting leukaemia for second time
At 17 years of age, pro golfer Jarrod Lyle embarked on his battle to successfully fight leukaemia.
But this year, now aged 31, it’s a battle he’s having to relive again – all with his wife and newborn daughter.
Days before expecting the birth of his daughter, Jarrod was diagnosed with leukaemia for the second time.
"I think it was just more shock than anything that because I'd been so well for 12 years and obviously it's not something you think is ever going to come back,” he told Neil Mitchell.
But his mind was well and truly focused on Lusi’s birth, with Jarrod putting off chemotherapy to be there for ‘the greatest day of his life’ when his wife, Bri, delivered their child.
Jarrod with daughter, Lusi. (Photo: Twitter)
"I just burst into tears the moment I heard her scream for the first time,” he said.
With Lusi now eight months old, Jarrod told Neil Mitchell the struggles of having to leave his baby girl when a sign of a sniffle appears in order to preserve his frail immune system.
"It happened probably a month ago where Lucy had a cold. I'd just gotten out of hospital," he told Neil Mitchell.
"I get home and Lucy's got a cold and Bri obviously picked up that cold as well, so I spent three days with my grandparents.
”Then my grandma got a cold and had to leave there and spend a couple of days at my father-in-law's place."
Jarrod said his treatment has prevented him from indulging in his other great love: golf.
"I thought only dangerous thing about golf was getting hit in head with a golf ball, but once the doctors pointed out there's all sorts of fungal spores in the dirt and every time you take a divot you're dislodging dirt," he said.
When asked if facing Leukaemia the second time around is harder because you know what’s coming, Jarrod said his past experiences had actually proved helpful.
"I've been through it before and I almost know what's in store when I walk through those doors," he said.
"I've seen a lot of improvements which obviously you never want to see, but being through it 12 years ago and going through it again in 2012, there's been a lot of advancements in medical science."
Jarrod received a double umbilical cord transplant in August after no suitable adult bone barrow donor could be found. He said his treatment is going better than expected and his blood counts are doing really well.
"The biggest thing for me when I was going through my treatment and things was just staying positive," he said.
"The minute you start to get negative about things, it's almost like you've given up and let it defeat you."
LISTEN: Jarrod Lyle speaks with Neil Mitchell: