- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- Calls to legalise marijuana
- ABC work-ethic 'shocking': Former manager
- 'It was something we didn't want to see'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Government guidelines: Disabled toilets now 'accessible' toilets
NEIL MITCHELL: Let’s start the week with Ted Baillieu’s burst of political correctness. I wonder what this has cost us.
It’s a glossy piece of work. A guide to how to be politically correct.
And here are some examples.
Elderly people are no longer elderly. They must be older people or seniors (And that is only when they are over 65...)
If you are talking about somebody who is deaf. You should use a capital ‘D’ when referring to a group. Why?
Because it is recognising a culturally unique and diverse group who use sign language.
So capital ‘D’ for deaf. I’m not kidding.
There is more. Disabled toilets are to be no more...And disabled car parking or disabled entry areas.
All banned. All gone.
They must now be accessible toilets, accessible parking space and accessible entry.
No more use of the word disabled. Which causes a bit of a problem.
You see under these guidelines they don’t want photographs of wheelchairs. That is too negative.
So if you are driving along and you see something called an accessible parking space, with no illustration of a wheelchair, what would you do?
‘Oh that’s good...it’s accessible’.... You would bloody well park there!
You are not be epileptic any more either, You are a person with epilepsy.
....Or autistic. Not autistic an y more. You are a person with autism.
These guidelines from the Baillieu government are under the headline ‘Reporting it right - Media guidelines for portraying people with a disability’.
And I know it is all well meaning
But it is rubbish. Social engineering. Mind games.
Ted, I support you in most things, but this is Bloody Ridiculous. All it is doing is creating alternative meanings for words. It will only cause confusion.David T. Monday 12 November, 2012 - 5:50 PM
Nothing new re capital Deaf for D. It's recognised by World Federation of the Deaf
And Deaf Australia.
And what about 'hard of hearing'? Still people out there saying 'hearing impaired' or 'hearing loss'.
http://www.ifhoh.org/wfd.htmmike Monday 12 November, 2012 - 3:42 PM
Another example of a do nothing government - well done Ted, you drongo!Steve Monday 12 November, 2012 - 2:49 PM
What a joke this is. Tell the Pollies to get a life.??????????IAN Monday 12 November, 2012 - 1:34 PM
At 73 I want to be known as elderly. Do I have a choice? I am also disabled, not accessible!lorraine Monday 12 November, 2012 - 12:11 PM
You beauty, now I can go to the disabled, sorry that toilet that has the wheelchair access now described as 'accessible', when there is a queue in the ladies, without feeling guilty.Gloria Monday 12 November, 2012 - 12:05 PM