- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
Government guidelines: Disabled toilets now 'accessible' toilets
NEIL MITCHELL: Let’s start the week with Ted Baillieu’s burst of political correctness. I wonder what this has cost us.
It’s a glossy piece of work. A guide to how to be politically correct.
And here are some examples.
Elderly people are no longer elderly. They must be older people or seniors (And that is only when they are over 65...)
If you are talking about somebody who is deaf. You should use a capital ‘D’ when referring to a group. Why?
Because it is recognising a culturally unique and diverse group who use sign language.
So capital ‘D’ for deaf. I’m not kidding.
There is more. Disabled toilets are to be no more...And disabled car parking or disabled entry areas.
All banned. All gone.
They must now be accessible toilets, accessible parking space and accessible entry.
No more use of the word disabled. Which causes a bit of a problem.
You see under these guidelines they don’t want photographs of wheelchairs. That is too negative.
So if you are driving along and you see something called an accessible parking space, with no illustration of a wheelchair, what would you do?
‘Oh that’s good...it’s accessible’.... You would bloody well park there!
You are not be epileptic any more either, You are a person with epilepsy.
....Or autistic. Not autistic an y more. You are a person with autism.
These guidelines from the Baillieu government are under the headline ‘Reporting it right - Media guidelines for portraying people with a disability’.
And I know it is all well meaning
But it is rubbish. Social engineering. Mind games.
Is there a politically correct way to say "The lunatics are running the asylum"?Surely They Jest Monday 12 November, 2012 - 11:53 AM
What next.We wont be able to call children children anymore. This world has gone mad.caroleccc Monday 12 November, 2012 - 10:19 AM
What we need to keep in mind is that some overpaid flog, deeply ensconsed in the bowels(bowels being the appropriate word)of Spring St.is churning out this type of intellect insulting shite,while undoubtedly being praised for their tax payer funded choice of weasel words.jgl Melb Monday 12 November, 2012 - 10:14 AM
An accessible toilet is one which is there when you need it. If it is not there, it is not accessible. What a load of crap!David T. Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:44 AM
Not a politician anymore, just a person with other people's money.Eddie Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:13 AM
Neil, just another example of having too many layers of Government. The cost of changing all those simple non invasive, well understood, universal, wheelchair signs for "PC words" should be spent on hospitals, programs for disabled etc. Whilst Ted fiddles...................stuart Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:11 AM