- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- Man dealt outrageous parking fee
- Neil Mitchell hits back at Clementine Ford's 'leathery ball' column
- Can you read Neil's writing? We can't
- AFL boss unsure about odd timeslot
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
- Peggy on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate How brave of this racist.How long would his number plate and car stay intact if he wrote death to all Palesteninan militants ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... OH Mr Andrews you were so adamnt as well that Labor had nothing to do with it. Labor from top to bottom rotten to the core!! more
- Peggy on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers Can the unemployed afford to work for 25 hours a week?The cost of suitable clothing, petrol and all other expenses with ... more
- Catherine on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniel Andrews and is mob can't trust them they are liars and most of all they are not fit to govern Victoria. more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Let me make it clear Labour Party had nothing to do with this. This is disgraceful that someone would come out and say we ... more
- Kellie on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniel Andrews quick to point the finger at others. I do believe he knows how it got out dirty tricks what would you ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It seems to me the only way to get to the truth of what happened with the recording the journalist lost is to find out who ... more
- David T. on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Andrews said that as the leader, he "accepted responsibility". He qualified this by adding: "for investigating the matter". ... more
Heart-wrenching story of daughter's suicide
Warren Penpraze’s daughter, Olivia, was 19 when she tragically committed suicide last week. But it wasn’t until after logging onto her computer that he found a detailed trail of her depression.
Warren and his wife, Kellie, were aware that Olivia had been battling depression for the past five years, but weren’t aware of her candid blogs and videos in which she spoke about her wish to commit suicide.
What Warren found most disturbing, was the comments from fellow bloggers egging Olivia on.
Speaking with Nick McCallum, Warren said Olivia had been posting under an alias, so they weren’t able to monitor her posts.
Warren said that he wished Olivia’s friends who were aware of her blog had come to them before it was too late.
”I don't hold any grudges against these kids. They need somewhere to go and vent and write their inner thoughts,” Warren Penpraze told Nick McCallum.
”You just wish they were able to come back to you and tell you.”
For help or information visit beyondblue.org.au, call Suicide Helpline Victoria on 1300 651 251, or Lifeline on 131 114.
LISTEN: Nick McCallum’s heart-wrenching interview with Warren Penpraze, whose 19-year-old daughter committed suicide last week:
It frustrates me to no end that people have the audacity to blame those who followed her blog and knew what she was suffering through. I know for a fact there were many people who tried all they could to save her, depression is an illness which takes over your mind, over your thoughts and it is near impossible to rid of these thoughts once you have it in your mind. Also, this was more than bullying, it was mental illness for goodness sakes, wake up to yourselves. There is nobody to blame except mental illness, it's harsh blaming all her followers for this.Name withheld Saturday 29 September, 2012 - 4:45 PM
Reine you have no understanding of depression and what does Africa n Iraq have to do with it. They are sick and hungry so what does that mean they are all depressed? Pull your head in n get your f******g head read, you are the trolls we are talking about.. rest on peace Olivia Il never forget you xxzeb Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 12:55 PM
Really Reine. Just because she dosnt live in Iraq, dosn't mean her life was fine. To be constantly picked on getting told you should kill your self is a really hard. You need to have a hard look at your self. You should feel sorry for Olivia. She was amazing and a beautiful girl. R.I.P Olivia. Hope your in a better place away from all those cruel peopleAidan Thursday 23 August, 2012 - 4:45 PM
The last comment made is disgusting. We live in countries where we have homes, clothes, food and occasionally some freedom. We don't live in Iraq, but that's not our fault. There are all forms of suffering, just because one doesn't suffer war doesn't mean one doesn't suffer. Reine obviously hasn't ever had to deal with depression or is just a cruel uptight cow. When someone gets bullied to the point where they have no confidence what so ever to then feeling like they don't even need to exist, it's one of the most horrible feelings ever. Parents are hardly aware of their children's lives these days, society has been broken, families no longer exist and connection is gone. Children need support and it's someone else's child who has caused another child to kill themselves. Think about that. People who think these kids are being ungrateful and soft. Get into their situation. Maybe the world would be better off without people like you.Crystal Tuesday 21 August, 2012 - 12:04 AM
Really Reine? Why would you bother saying something like that? Some people have a mental illness and they do suffer.. Having been through depression myself,its not like they chose to be depressed. Maybe someone needs to drop you an Africa.. heartlessKim Monday 20 August, 2012 - 4:42 PM
HELLO! Everyones suffering is relative, don't you dare think you can sit there and judge peoples suffering on a scale of 1-10.
Obviously Reine you have not known anyone close with a mental illness or have been through anything like that yourself. Depression is so hard, any form of mental illness is such a struggle, it doesn't have to do with how rich or poor you are. I was brought up on the poverty line and when I was diagnosed with mental illness it had NOTHING to do with how poor my family was. It was spawned from being emotionally abused. Again, everyones suffering is relative. It's people like you who make people like us feel alone when we need support.rosa Sunday 19 August, 2012 - 10:44 PM