- A last-ditch pitch to voters
- Brave victims snap attackers
- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Heart-wrenching story of daughter's suicide
Warren Penpraze’s daughter, Olivia, was 19 when she tragically committed suicide last week. But it wasn’t until after logging onto her computer that he found a detailed trail of her depression.
Warren and his wife, Kellie, were aware that Olivia had been battling depression for the past five years, but weren’t aware of her candid blogs and videos in which she spoke about her wish to commit suicide.
What Warren found most disturbing, was the comments from fellow bloggers egging Olivia on.
Speaking with Nick McCallum, Warren said Olivia had been posting under an alias, so they weren’t able to monitor her posts.
Warren said that he wished Olivia’s friends who were aware of her blog had come to them before it was too late.
”I don't hold any grudges against these kids. They need somewhere to go and vent and write their inner thoughts,” Warren Penpraze told Nick McCallum.
”You just wish they were able to come back to you and tell you.”
For help or information visit beyondblue.org.au, call Suicide Helpline Victoria on 1300 651 251, or Lifeline on 131 114.
LISTEN: Nick McCallum’s heart-wrenching interview with Warren Penpraze, whose 19-year-old daughter committed suicide last week:
It frustrates me to no end that people have the audacity to blame those who followed her blog and knew what she was suffering through. I know for a fact there were many people who tried all they could to save her, depression is an illness which takes over your mind, over your thoughts and it is near impossible to rid of these thoughts once you have it in your mind. Also, this was more than bullying, it was mental illness for goodness sakes, wake up to yourselves. There is nobody to blame except mental illness, it's harsh blaming all her followers for this.Name withheld Saturday 29 September, 2012 - 4:45 PM
Reine you have no understanding of depression and what does Africa n Iraq have to do with it. They are sick and hungry so what does that mean they are all depressed? Pull your head in n get your f******g head read, you are the trolls we are talking about.. rest on peace Olivia Il never forget you xxzeb Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 12:55 PM
Really Reine. Just because she dosnt live in Iraq, dosn't mean her life was fine. To be constantly picked on getting told you should kill your self is a really hard. You need to have a hard look at your self. You should feel sorry for Olivia. She was amazing and a beautiful girl. R.I.P Olivia. Hope your in a better place away from all those cruel peopleAidan Thursday 23 August, 2012 - 4:45 PM
The last comment made is disgusting. We live in countries where we have homes, clothes, food and occasionally some freedom. We don't live in Iraq, but that's not our fault. There are all forms of suffering, just because one doesn't suffer war doesn't mean one doesn't suffer. Reine obviously hasn't ever had to deal with depression or is just a cruel uptight cow. When someone gets bullied to the point where they have no confidence what so ever to then feeling like they don't even need to exist, it's one of the most horrible feelings ever. Parents are hardly aware of their children's lives these days, society has been broken, families no longer exist and connection is gone. Children need support and it's someone else's child who has caused another child to kill themselves. Think about that. People who think these kids are being ungrateful and soft. Get into their situation. Maybe the world would be better off without people like you.Crystal Tuesday 21 August, 2012 - 12:04 AM
Really Reine? Why would you bother saying something like that? Some people have a mental illness and they do suffer.. Having been through depression myself,its not like they chose to be depressed. Maybe someone needs to drop you an Africa.. heartlessKim Monday 20 August, 2012 - 4:42 PM
HELLO! Everyones suffering is relative, don't you dare think you can sit there and judge peoples suffering on a scale of 1-10.
Obviously Reine you have not known anyone close with a mental illness or have been through anything like that yourself. Depression is so hard, any form of mental illness is such a struggle, it doesn't have to do with how rich or poor you are. I was brought up on the poverty line and when I was diagnosed with mental illness it had NOTHING to do with how poor my family was. It was spawned from being emotionally abused. Again, everyones suffering is relative. It's people like you who make people like us feel alone when we need support.rosa Sunday 19 August, 2012 - 10:44 PM