- Boy suspended for kissing girl's hand
- 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou a liar'
- Labor deal with Pies is 'ridiculous'
- 'Indian leaders must stand up for Australia'
- Father wants dog put down after attack
- Analogue TV switch-off
- Murdered Moonee Ponds man's possible link to Transfield
- Punting heartbreak: Family 'loses' $400k
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... I Agree Neil."a yearâ??s holiday on full pay."Where is the penalty in that?? more
- glenn on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Gee you can see who the Essendon supporters are,why don't you all look outside your red and black bubble and admit that ... more
- Aditya on 'Indian leaders must stand up for ... As an Indian immigrant, this line resonates very strongly with me, "This is a fair country. It has some idiots, but mostly ... more
- Aditya on 'Indian leaders must stand up for ... As an Indian immigrant into this beautiful country, I absolutely agree with the above. In seven and a half years in ... more
- mandy on Boy suspended for kissing girl's hand Omg reporting a 6 yr old boy to police and the child being suspended this can't be true.Of course its America. more
- Peggy on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... So many cyclists here are complaining about bad drivers. I agree, there are a lot of bad drivers out there but there is one ... more
- mandy on 'Indian leaders must stand up for ... Australia has been extremely generous to Indians and other nationalitys and has given them every opportunity to enrich their ... more
- Martin Kelly on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... THis is what happens when people step outside the system.ASADA has a very legitimate role to play and the AFL does not.ASADA ... more
- Peggy on Father wants dog put down after attack Typical, people let dogs supervise their kids rather than them having to do it.Why is any child left alone with a dog? How ... more
- Sheldon on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Why pick on Tania? Why not pick on Andrew for lying and misleading us? more
- JamesD on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... What was the AFL supposed to do? Let Essendon continue - play in finals -ignore everything. A negotiated settlement was ... more
- peter on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Lovely stuff the tit for tat continues. All this shows is how incompetent the AFL are in the handling of this matter and ... more
- lawyer verbalising crap on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Think sideways, even out of the square, JGL. So far all you have done in your mediocre efforts to contribute on a myriad of ... more
- Jester4212 on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade @Roseagain. The SMART Meters communicate using low power RF electrical transmissions. Similar to that of your mobile ... more
- Jake on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... It is perfectly understandable why Tania is speaking out. Poor maligned James undoubtedly reached a soft deal with the AFL ... more
- Clarity on Labor deal with Pies is 'ridiculous' We are looking for a grant to purchase a property for the establishment of a refuge for victims of domestic violence. It is ... more
- colin on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade I wonder what all the real advantages of having a smart meter are. Is there a documented list provided by the electricity ... more
- Gloria on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... If you believe that Hird had nothing to do with the EFC supplement experiment, whether they were banned drugs or not, you ... more
- Willow on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Bulldust, Hird gaGged so the mIssus is now sticking up for him, as of course she would. Hird is complicit in an organised ... more
- Christine on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Hold on Neil, the EFC has been gagged and bullied, good on his wife for speaking out. There are always 2 sides to the story ... more
Heart-wrenching story of daughter's suicide
Warren Penpraze’s daughter, Olivia, was 19 when she tragically committed suicide last week. But it wasn’t until after logging onto her computer that he found a detailed trail of her depression.
Warren and his wife, Kellie, were aware that Olivia had been battling depression for the past five years, but weren’t aware of her candid blogs and videos in which she spoke about her wish to commit suicide.
What Warren found most disturbing, was the comments from fellow bloggers egging Olivia on.
Speaking with Nick McCallum, Warren said Olivia had been posting under an alias, so they weren’t able to monitor her posts.
Warren said that he wished Olivia’s friends who were aware of her blog had come to them before it was too late.
”I don't hold any grudges against these kids. They need somewhere to go and vent and write their inner thoughts,” Warren Penpraze told Nick McCallum.
”You just wish they were able to come back to you and tell you.”
For help or information visit beyondblue.org.au, call Suicide Helpline Victoria on 1300 651 251, or Lifeline on 131 114.
LISTEN: Nick McCallum’s heart-wrenching interview with Warren Penpraze, whose 19-year-old daughter committed suicide last week:
It frustrates me to no end that people have the audacity to blame those who followed her blog and knew what she was suffering through. I know for a fact there were many people who tried all they could to save her, depression is an illness which takes over your mind, over your thoughts and it is near impossible to rid of these thoughts once you have it in your mind. Also, this was more than bullying, it was mental illness for goodness sakes, wake up to yourselves. There is nobody to blame except mental illness, it's harsh blaming all her followers for this.Name withheld Saturday 29 September, 2012 - 4:45 PM
Reine you have no understanding of depression and what does Africa n Iraq have to do with it. They are sick and hungry so what does that mean they are all depressed? Pull your head in n get your f******g head read, you are the trolls we are talking about.. rest on peace Olivia Il never forget you xxzeb Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 12:55 PM
Really Reine. Just because she dosnt live in Iraq, dosn't mean her life was fine. To be constantly picked on getting told you should kill your self is a really hard. You need to have a hard look at your self. You should feel sorry for Olivia. She was amazing and a beautiful girl. R.I.P Olivia. Hope your in a better place away from all those cruel peopleAidan Thursday 23 August, 2012 - 4:45 PM
The last comment made is disgusting. We live in countries where we have homes, clothes, food and occasionally some freedom. We don't live in Iraq, but that's not our fault. There are all forms of suffering, just because one doesn't suffer war doesn't mean one doesn't suffer. Reine obviously hasn't ever had to deal with depression or is just a cruel uptight cow. When someone gets bullied to the point where they have no confidence what so ever to then feeling like they don't even need to exist, it's one of the most horrible feelings ever. Parents are hardly aware of their children's lives these days, society has been broken, families no longer exist and connection is gone. Children need support and it's someone else's child who has caused another child to kill themselves. Think about that. People who think these kids are being ungrateful and soft. Get into their situation. Maybe the world would be better off without people like you.Crystal Tuesday 21 August, 2012 - 12:04 AM
Really Reine? Why would you bother saying something like that? Some people have a mental illness and they do suffer.. Having been through depression myself,its not like they chose to be depressed. Maybe someone needs to drop you an Africa.. heartlessKim Monday 20 August, 2012 - 4:42 PM
HELLO! Everyones suffering is relative, don't you dare think you can sit there and judge peoples suffering on a scale of 1-10.
Obviously Reine you have not known anyone close with a mental illness or have been through anything like that yourself. Depression is so hard, any form of mental illness is such a struggle, it doesn't have to do with how rich or poor you are. I was brought up on the poverty line and when I was diagnosed with mental illness it had NOTHING to do with how poor my family was. It was spawned from being emotionally abused. Again, everyones suffering is relative. It's people like you who make people like us feel alone when we need support.rosa Sunday 19 August, 2012 - 10:44 PM