- David Davis denies Greg Sassella dispute
- Plan B: 'We have no choice'
- The Leaning Tower of Stupidity
- 'I do hate this guy, he killed my husband': Sue Parsons
- 'Something needs to be done about this'
- 'You're responsible': Socialist Moreland councillor points the finger at Neil
- Germaine Greer has just kicked Bambi
- 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- poppitt on Plan B: 'We have no choice' If you have debt you pay interest. The more debt the more interest. Why is it people do not want to pay the debt? Do they ... more
- Lukew on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The attack on that poor Muslim woman was appalling and would be roundly detested by most people. However, the Moreland ... more
- brendon on 'Something needs to be done about this' total moron !!!!! more
- Frances on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... HOW ON EARTH WAS SOMEONE LIKE SUE BOLTON EVEN ELECTED INTO BECOMING COUNCILLOR??? MAKING MASSIVE ACCUSATIONS OF PEOPLE ... more
- PJ on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Four things need to happen to solve the problem:1.The continued expansion and growing influence of ISIS/ISIL needs to be ... more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... She is a PERSON,That wants to divide us. "IN OUR SOCIETY.??? more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This Sue Bolton is an absolute disgrace to the people that voted her in. more
- John on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Cr Bolton you are a disgrace. You are unbelievable and totally lacking in credability. more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Something needs to be done about this' If I saw this happen I would have grabbed the guy and pulled him off. This is utterly reckless. more
- AA on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... I no longer listen to 3AW. It is clear that the station and its commentators are doing nothing about promoting ... more
- andy on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... cr bolton is going to be in state/ federal,she sounds just like a politician more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... does not like it when he is accused of something but boy, can he hand it out.... more
- Ricta on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... White, anglo saxon people should be banned from protesting on racial issues.1 of the biggest problems in this world is ... more
- Barney on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Councillor Sue Bolton reminds me of the saying " if you cant be part of the solution ,don't be part of the problem . 3aw ... more
- Gloria on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Sue Bolton is a radical left wing Socialist, she is a trouble maker and was very strongly opposed to CCTV in Moreland. This ... more
- poppitt on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The Burqa should be banned the in the same way as motor bike helmets etc., in banks, fuel stations, and when stopped by the ... more
- Jester4212 on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This councillor is truly unbelievable. more
- acetrim on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... its always about slowing cars down but never about slowing trucks down bring the speed down to 80 ks more
- Ran on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' These Government job agencies don't find jobs. They get a cut when a jobseeker finds a job without their help. They're main ... more
- David R on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' "breaches human rights obligations"... Really , in what universe? Does that apply to all parts of the globe? Does that apply ... more
Heart-wrenching story of daughter's suicide
Warren Penpraze’s daughter, Olivia, was 19 when she tragically committed suicide last week. But it wasn’t until after logging onto her computer that he found a detailed trail of her depression.
Warren and his wife, Kellie, were aware that Olivia had been battling depression for the past five years, but weren’t aware of her candid blogs and videos in which she spoke about her wish to commit suicide.
What Warren found most disturbing, was the comments from fellow bloggers egging Olivia on.
Speaking with Nick McCallum, Warren said Olivia had been posting under an alias, so they weren’t able to monitor her posts.
Warren said that he wished Olivia’s friends who were aware of her blog had come to them before it was too late.
”I don't hold any grudges against these kids. They need somewhere to go and vent and write their inner thoughts,” Warren Penpraze told Nick McCallum.
”You just wish they were able to come back to you and tell you.”
For help or information visit beyondblue.org.au, call Suicide Helpline Victoria on 1300 651 251, or Lifeline on 131 114.
LISTEN: Nick McCallum’s heart-wrenching interview with Warren Penpraze, whose 19-year-old daughter committed suicide last week:
It frustrates me to no end that people have the audacity to blame those who followed her blog and knew what she was suffering through. I know for a fact there were many people who tried all they could to save her, depression is an illness which takes over your mind, over your thoughts and it is near impossible to rid of these thoughts once you have it in your mind. Also, this was more than bullying, it was mental illness for goodness sakes, wake up to yourselves. There is nobody to blame except mental illness, it's harsh blaming all her followers for this.Name withheld Saturday 29 September, 2012 - 4:45 PM
Reine you have no understanding of depression and what does Africa n Iraq have to do with it. They are sick and hungry so what does that mean they are all depressed? Pull your head in n get your f******g head read, you are the trolls we are talking about.. rest on peace Olivia Il never forget you xxzeb Wednesday 29 August, 2012 - 12:55 PM
Really Reine. Just because she dosnt live in Iraq, dosn't mean her life was fine. To be constantly picked on getting told you should kill your self is a really hard. You need to have a hard look at your self. You should feel sorry for Olivia. She was amazing and a beautiful girl. R.I.P Olivia. Hope your in a better place away from all those cruel peopleAidan Thursday 23 August, 2012 - 4:45 PM
The last comment made is disgusting. We live in countries where we have homes, clothes, food and occasionally some freedom. We don't live in Iraq, but that's not our fault. There are all forms of suffering, just because one doesn't suffer war doesn't mean one doesn't suffer. Reine obviously hasn't ever had to deal with depression or is just a cruel uptight cow. When someone gets bullied to the point where they have no confidence what so ever to then feeling like they don't even need to exist, it's one of the most horrible feelings ever. Parents are hardly aware of their children's lives these days, society has been broken, families no longer exist and connection is gone. Children need support and it's someone else's child who has caused another child to kill themselves. Think about that. People who think these kids are being ungrateful and soft. Get into their situation. Maybe the world would be better off without people like you.Crystal Tuesday 21 August, 2012 - 12:04 AM
Really Reine? Why would you bother saying something like that? Some people have a mental illness and they do suffer.. Having been through depression myself,its not like they chose to be depressed. Maybe someone needs to drop you an Africa.. heartlessKim Monday 20 August, 2012 - 4:42 PM
HELLO! Everyones suffering is relative, don't you dare think you can sit there and judge peoples suffering on a scale of 1-10.
Obviously Reine you have not known anyone close with a mental illness or have been through anything like that yourself. Depression is so hard, any form of mental illness is such a struggle, it doesn't have to do with how rich or poor you are. I was brought up on the poverty line and when I was diagnosed with mental illness it had NOTHING to do with how poor my family was. It was spawned from being emotionally abused. Again, everyones suffering is relative. It's people like you who make people like us feel alone when we need support.rosa Sunday 19 August, 2012 - 10:44 PM