- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- Bob Carr: I didn't deceive Australians
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Helen Kapalos' sacking not sexist, but stupid
So Helen Kapalos has been dumped as channel Ten news reader.
I can see why. I don't agree with it but I see why.
Channel Ten has deep financial trouble. They have to cut costs but a few points:
There is no evidence this is sexist. She is a very good news reader, an attractive woman. She is good television but if one was to go, Mal Walden has a stronger history and it was better to keep him.
Both very decent people but the decision may not be sexist. But it is stupid. They have spent years and millions of dollars possibly advertising and promoting Helen Kapalos. They have made her face and name very very well known and now they have cut her loose.
Somebody else can pick up her talent and her profile and exploit it.
They should have offered her something else, even if it was a pay cut. Move her to something else and a starting point might have been that breakfast program, which at times has nobody watching.
Paul Henry is the host, I think that is his name. A New Zealander who is paid more than a million a year. Nobody watches.
Perhaps that would have been a job for Helen. She might have just the right audience. Anyway, to sack Kapalos and keep him seems ridiculous.
Will you protest?
The sacking of Helen Kapalos may or may not be sexist but it was stupid. And badly handled. Good luck Helen— Neil Mitchell (@3AWNeilMitchell) November 11, 2012
B'fast was a good show with Henry & his offsider who kept him on track.
He was controversal at times but he made people "think outside the box"....that was good! The show was never boring as are the other networks
WHAT A PITY.......sandy Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 7:22 PM
Get over it Eddy, people that want to work get sacked, people that dont want to stay at home and enjoy the free money from centlink. Again the honest worker loses there jobjc Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 6:19 PM
Yes...sorry, rich lady, that you will have to look for work for a little while. Must be soooo tough.
Where will you go to recover from your grief......Europe, Hawaii, Caribbean or maybe you could stay at home and look at four grey walls that offer no answers to unemployment like the REAL unemployed have to.Eddy Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 3:48 PM
If you sack a female it is sexist.Christine Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 10:44 AM
I don't think Helen is saying this is sexist..it's likes of Tracey Spicer and other commentators saying this. It is not sexist at all...it is just stupid. Maybe management felt some kind of loyalty to Mal Walden after he has been at Ten for 25 years or more.
Helen is a great newsreader and her presence on the News at Five will be missed by many viewers. Mal Walden and Helen were paired together nicely and it is a tv chemistry that worked very well and you could tell they liked each other. It is just crazy that they spent so much luring her from Sydney to replace Jennifer Hansen...to spend all that money on advertising recently promoting the Ten News brand. It is the execution on how they got rid of her. When big stories broke...they sent Helen to them...she is a credible journalist and liked by many...Rob Bellman Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 12:28 AM
We met Helen on the "Ride to Conquer Cancer" (supporting Peter Macs). Yes, she was riding 100km per day to raise money for cancer representing Ch10? This was all 2 wks ago?
Helen is very natural & normal person. If she is a millionaire, you couldn't tell by her manner.
Most of us have been cut, and we learn that it's not the be all.
Good luck with whatever comes your way Helen, from Team Dipell.
Cheers, LenLen Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:15 PM