- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
Huge increases in parents who refuse to vaccinate their children
The medical community has called for the anti-immunisation lobby to wind back its efforts after figures showed the number of parents refusing to vaccinate their children has increased six fold.
The Academy of Science, supported by the Australian Medical Association, is today launching a 20-page booklet to explain the benefits of immunisation and try to debunk common myths.
Neil Mitchell has said that in his non-expert view, the actions taken by parents who refuse to vaccinate their children is ‘tantamount to child abuse’.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you support compulsory child immunisation?
President of the Australian Vaccination Network, Meryl Dorey told Neil Mitchell the government and media had worked to 'actively suppress' information regarding the risks immunisation posed, and said she supported people’s right to make their own choice.
"We believe that everyone has the right to make an informed decision about vaccination, and that includes having access to both sides of this issue," she said.
"We absolutely oppose any form of compulsory vaccination."
Ms Dorey said whooping cough vaccinations had reached their highest level, yet the number of reported cases of whooping cough had also reached a crescendo.
"We have more whooping cough now than we had since before the vaccine was added to the mass vaccination schedule in 1953," she said.
"And the reason for that, according to studies that are coming out around the world, is that the vaccine is no longer effective against whooping cough because the disease has mutated and it may actually make more susceptible to contracting whooping cough."
Ms Dorey said her organisation’s database had recorded 25 deaths which had occurred as a direct result of immunisation since 1998.
"Not one of these reactions was ever reported by the doctor involved," she said.
However President of the Australian Medical Association, Dr Steve Hambleton, told Neil Mitchell the benefits of immunisation far outweighed the risks.
"There are dangers; Like anything, there are side effects though the most common side effects are quite minor," he said.
Dr Hambleton said he had seen children experiencing convulsions as a result of immunization, which he said was a ‘very major concern’, but said the vaccination-related morality rate would be very low.
"Compared to getting the wild virus, those side effects...are far, far less than what you would get if you didn't have the vaccine on the market," he said.
Dr Hambleton said the fact many illnesses had been eradicated by immunisation was leading to a lax approach to vaccinations among some parents.
"Parents have never been exposed to kids with measles for example," he said.
"Seeing a child carried into a general practice with measles, I haven't seen one for 20 years, but the kids are really sick, they have a really high temperature and they've got a significant risk of actually getting a secondary infection like pneumonia."
LISTEN: President of the Australian Vaccination Network, Meryl Dorey, and President of the Australian Medical Association, Dr Steve Hamblton, speak with Neil Mitchell:
I went into the Australian army as a very fit and healthy man. Within 2 days of receiving my vaccine regime I came down seriously ill with respiratory issues. I then fought chronic fatigue for the next year and a half. Up to fifty percent of my platoon went down with illness after those shots and some of the other platoons rates were higher still. Pro vacc people, you need to really educate yourselves instead of succumbing to the propaganda pushed by big pharma who contribute to the pollies election campaigns and gain positions on government health boards. At the very least, cease and desist from forcing your pseudo scientific agenda into the bloodstream of my children.I will choose what's best for my child and not the State.Paul Thursday 22 August, 2013 - 10:30 PM
Compulsory vaccination takes away our freedom to choose and denies our human rights.mr Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 2:31 PM
I wish I had known of the dangers of vaccines 21 yrs ago. To all new parents, please do your own research on this crucial matter. I guarantee you won't be lining up to subject your precious child to this abominable quakery.oort Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 8:35 AM
I don't believe vaccination should be mandatory. It is taking away our freedom to choose. You choose to smoke & drink, I don't. I still pay for your health problems, honestly I don't see major health problems stemming from non vaccination, rather the other way round.
In saying this I am not totally against vaccination. There are some virus' I would be happy to vaccinate against, Polio, Whooping cough, IF a/ we were able to get a single vaccination (one virus only), IF that vaccination was free from the nasty chemical preservatives and aluminium, IF it was scientifically and I mean real science not the doctored garbage the pharmaceutical companies put out that proved the vaccination was actually going to give some protection. One of my kids was given one and only 1 (not the injection with 7 viruses my dr wanted to give)DTP injection at 3 and from that we saw slow but pervasive differences (he was 3 and previously been hitting all milestones well & on time) he is now High Functioning Autism,with learning delays and behavioural issues. I was previously prepared to vacciate my kids as they got older, spreading them out, giving their bodies time deal with toxins. One vaccination later and I am no longer prepared to do even that. If you really believe they're safe, go for it. Don't take away others rights to choose!Julie Gardiner Monday 28 January, 2013 - 4:56 PM
The medical orthodoxy remains dogmatically stuck on the idea that vaccines are essential, even though the more enlightened members of that community know damned well that the vaccines are causing much illness, misery and even death, and that there are serious and unanswered questions in the literature, in practice and in history about both vaccine safety and their efficacy. The unwavering adherence to this model of thought is nothing short of an abomination and travesty against the methods of science and against humanity, due to the errant paradigm and the suffering that it creates. But there are so many things weighing against doctors speaking out, even if they break the cognitive shackles and start to agree that vaccines are harmful, it is still difficult for them to do anything against a mafia like establishment and totally subservient mass media. And who wants to accept partial blame for destroying a child's life?
And following that, parents are left to pick up the pieces of their own & their children's broken lives. This done in the name of protecting a profession, pharmaco profits and maybe even some anti-human eugenics philosophy coming from the core of the rotten apple of modern medicine. It is all so sick.
For all of you narrow minded or politically/ psychologically/ economically/ professionally vested shills of the establishment commenting against those who are not so indoctrinated to your religious, anti-empirical zealotry, why don't you take your opinions about the need for conversion of Australia to your ideal of a tyrannical, totalitarian system, off to some intellectual wasteland / more human rights devoid zone, where you will be right at home. It's certainly where Mitchell would feel most comfortable.mac Monday 28 January, 2013 - 4:07 PM
When our car is broke we take it to a mechanic.
When our stereo is broke we take it to a technician.
When our computer is broke we take it to a computer tech.
When we need medical info we go to the internet.
Sheeessshhh. What morons. Andrew Wakefeild was proven fraudulent and De-registered. Period. What more is there to say? Apply the boloney test kit and see if it passes.Mark Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 1:04 PM