- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- Calls to legalise marijuana
- ABC work-ethic 'shocking': Former manager
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Iconic Nylex Clock site up for redevelopment
3AW NEWS: Premier Ted Baillieu says the redevelopment of the historic silo's site on the Yarra River at Richmond will be good for all Melbournians.
Work could soon begin on a new retail complex after approval from Heritage Victoria.
Developers will need to maintain the silo's and restore the historic Nylex sign.
Quoting singer Paul Kelly, Mr Baillieu says he's keen to see the development get underway.
LISTEN BELOW: Planning Minister Matthew Guy speaks with Neil Mitchell
NEIL MITCHELL: An iconic Melbourne site is up for redevelopment and on top of it, in the middle of it is the Nylex clock.
There is a plan to redevelop the silos down on the river.
The consortium behind it is the Richmond Malt Pty Ltd.
A heritage impact statement was approved by Heritage Victoria late last month. So it could be all go.
The developers are planning an announcement on Friday.
But we have confirmed what they plan a shopping centre, offices and a public plaza. At least that’s the plan.
The silos themselves are still used for grains storage and there have been plans to develop them as apartments.
I doubt that will happen. They may stay as silos.
I know the clock is heritage listed and I believe part of the plan here is to protect the clock.
To renovate it, fix it and get it going.
This is the block bordered by the Freeway, Gough Street and Cremorne Street.
It is a prime spot not just because of its heritage.
It would have great views, close to the city and the MCG. We should get it right.
We are chasing the council, the minister and the developer.
But just repeating only a few weeks ago Heritage Victoria gave approval for this to go ahead with certain conditions.
And one of the conditions is to fix the clock.
It’s a good spot. We need to get it right.
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE DONE AT THE NYLEX SIGN SITE?
Leave your comments below
MAP AND STREET VIEW: Nylex Sign site
It will be awesome to see her up and going agian....Woohoo to a Melbourne Icon.... I can't wait.... what are esky's and our bund made of.... Nylex plastics everytime..B.G Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 5:19 PM
The sign must be kept and maintained. Also, current visibility of that sign must be retained. @ Matt; Rome, Paris and London (Sydney's irrelevant) started at some time to protect their heritage (despite wars to destroy substantial parts of each city). It's time we protected more of ours.David T. Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 4:58 PM
Oh really. The stupidity of it all. Glorifying the memory of a failed plastic manufacturer atop a tower which symbolises the primary product used in the manufacture of Beer.
In centuries to come is this how we want to be remembered. Plastic and piss. Grow up Australia and move on. Pull it down NowFelicia Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 4:48 PM
This is fantastic!! Anything mentioned in a Paul Kelly song should be preserved, from The Nylex Clock and Fitzroy Gardens to St Kilda Esplanade.Henry Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 1:26 PM
What a pathetic city we live in when this eyesore is what we point to as some sort of iconic symbol. How embarrassing when compared to the world class cities of Rome, Paris, London & Sydney & their natural or man made treasures. We are just a bigger AdelaideMatt - proudly Un-Australian Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 12:11 PM
john brumby said the same thing when his government done its redevelopment. just shows you its a can do government here in victoriacol Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 11:44 AM