- Career changes: From butcher to opera singer
- If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's studio...
- Greg Davies steps down as Victoria Police Association Secretary
- Kids and sports betting: The AFL & state government have a problem
- An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd and Denis Hart
- Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor on Flinders Street rail tracks
- Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour and 22 minutes but still no response
- Show a little tact, Premier Napthine
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- PJ on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... Labor could have brought in Equal Marriage 6 years ago. It's only talking about it now, today, because we're 4 months out ... more
- jgl Melb on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... "If Jesus walked into the studio"...Hang on didn't Hinch get the flick a while back? more
- Henry on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... The majority of advertisements on web sites are automatically generated based on the content of the page as well as past ... more
- Frank Varga on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Just as well that they don't show re-runs of the Paul Hogan Show any more. Poor old Hoges would be referred to as a ... more
- mylene on Greg Davies steps down as Victoria ... Bring back Paul 'The Fish' Mullett. :) more
- mylene on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... How ridiculous. Everybody knows Jesus is a 774 listener :p more
- Sarah on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... What the hell is Greg saying I had to re-read it three times to understand his point, which I still do not understand. more
- mylene on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Blaming the dead guy is an old tactic. That Neil fell for it is just pathetic. more
- Sophie on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... I agree, but I must say that I hate all the 3AW promotion of sports betting. I know you have no say in this Neil, but on the ... more
- lesson in manners needed on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... They were probably drinking coffee, which is what they do, with the age group employed now. Also observed sipping coffee at ... more
- Greg on Greg Davies steps down as Victoria ... Has anyone thought about a Police Officer being the Secretary of the Victoria Police Association being a conflict of ... more
- Barry on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Kevin who? We all thought he was not an invertebrate or is he not really because to be able to wriggle that much when it ... more
- Linda on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... One thing Mitchell missed this morning to get a horror circus trio: Dr Failure Hewson believes he can review his position as ... more
- Gina on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Talking about YUK?When you use your mouth as a toilet hole or stick stuff in what would be your toilet device then review ... more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... @Faye, totally agree, these mindless fools who worship a sky fairy have the nerve to tell other people how to live their ... more
- jgl Melb on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... @GREG...WTF?? more
- Jack2967 on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... This is utterly disgusting. They may as well start advertising alcohol and cigarettes on the same site! This is NOT ... more
- John on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... How did the illogical and offensive post from 'GREG' get through moderation? more
- Rod Bridges on Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor ... The title of this story is misleading, as per usual Mitchell your giant ego has taken over. The guy was never in any danger ... more
- Danny Grose on National Disability Insurance Scheme: ... Just had to ask that if the NDIS age applicability is capped to below 65, and seeing that we have the increased medicare ... more
Inebriated young girl at the Melbourne Cup
UPDATE: The girl at the centre of a YouTube video filmed at the Melbourne Cup claims she was drugged.
Yesterday, a YouTube user named 'catherinejyoung78' posted a comment on the video saying:
"I'm ashamed. And was drugged!! This is out of character and at this point, it's a police matter. Thank you for all the comments. Articulate people when your (sic) sober abusing someone you have no clue what happened to. Nothing is ever as it seems."
NEIL MITCHELL: I have been sent via YouTube the most awful film of a young woman, probably in her mid-twenties or so, drunk at the Melbourne Cup.
She's falling over, throwing punches, and screaming obscenities. It is ugly, dangerous lunacy.
She is finally subdued by security who have to hold her down, but only after she has attacked a number of the crowd, apparently at random.
It is genuinely awful stuff. And it just makes you wonder - why?
One of the worst things is, as she is doing this - clearly in trouble - the crowd is mocking her and laughing at her.
This was a very dangerous thing - not funny.
If you think you may have a problem with alcohol, please contact Alcoholics Anonymous on 1300 22 22 22 or www.aa.org.au
it's always someone else's fault isn't Justine.
Such a prejudiced woman you are. Nobody but the rapist likes rape. The movie showed a drunken idiot who just happened to be a girl. Would there be all of this hype if it was a drunken man?....honest answer now Justine.... Like I said it was an idiot drunk who just happened to be a girl....and not the only drunken girl there. If you saw many other pictures taken that day, you would have seen plenty of other drunken girls. Were they all drugged and in need of medical help? No. They were just drunk and they did it to themselves and we all laughed at the drunks because that is what you do if you're not a dried up poncho wearing hysteric.Eddy Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 3:47 PM
Actually Kraig, you've got it the wrong way around. It is male perpetrators of crime who blame the female victims. How many times have we heard "she was asking for it"? FYI: women do NOT asked to be sexually assaulted or raped, but the men who rape them often try to offload the responsibilty onto them, with plenty of support from bozos like you, Eddy, Paul, Gav and others.Justine Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 11:11 PM
Wow, look at the animosity here. I guess Eddy & Co would also have blamed her if she actually had been raped. As long as we have Eddies (and there are plenty of them) we will continue to tolerate sexism and violence against women. The woman needed medical help in that condition, not a bunch of brainless yobbos jeering. How THICK are you?Justine Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 11:05 PM
It seems to be mainly other females with sympathy for this drunken mole.
Eddie and John F have hit the nail on the head. This is the usual behavior of drunken females that always gets twisted around so other people can get blamed.
I like to have a laugh at a joke and this female is a joke, as are most females who get pissed.
Maybe ban alcohol and de-criminalize marijuana, the non-aggressive drug.
Plus she cries rape. That is the usual comment from a female who has made a fool of herself or broken the law. And all the false cries of rape just make it harder for the 'real' victims.Kraig Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:50 AM
YES typical 3aw, this station mostly Neil Mitchell is fast becoming as trashy as the girl in question, played Allan Jones comments on Julia Gillard 3 times while other well known presenters just spoke on the issues.Mr Mitchell, you keep making excuses for these fools, that is why so many young girls are out flashing them selves every weekend,someone will bubble wrap them for their actions, oh and well said Eddy...paul Monday 12 November, 2012 - 12:10 AM
one of the funniest ive seen in a while...garry Sunday 11 November, 2012 - 9:06 AM