- Telstra faces court over late fees
- 'The figures say it all'
- Biological parents acknowledged in surrogacy law changes
- Julie Bishop to contact Chinese embassy over Palmer comments
- Son given bravery award after saving mother's life
- 'It's not just risk-taking, it's life-threatening'
- He's back on the streets
- 'I'm scared they'll take my son away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David THomas on 'The figures say it all' Statistical evidence mounts that the police often do not recruit the sharpest pencils in the box. Seriously. Turn the ... more
- John on 'The figures say it all' This is not about fairness, it is about deflecting responsibility. The camera system should conform to vehicles operating ... more
- Paul on 'The figures say it all' Have a look at the front of any modern bike and you will quickly see why it is not possible to put a front plate on. There ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'The figures say it all' i just cannot believe that a simple e tag cannot be stuck on the front of the bike...its so simple, surely... more
- Samuel J on 'The figures say it all' Motor cycles should have front and rear number plates. The notion that front number plates dissect pedestrians is complete ... more
- Mark on 'The figures say it all' All a bit of a joke, here in Europe, bikes get a much larger rear plate... more than double the size. Aussies often hide the ... more
- Richard on 'The figures say it all' If its such a problem why are the Penisula Link cameras facing the front? The fault is in the camera system. more
- Tom Bysen on 'The figures say it all' Why not ban bikes altogether? We can all sit jammed on the freeway, in our 2tonne suv's being safe. more
- John Karmouche on 'The figures say it all' Everyone is barking up the wrong tree. Its not about putting a number plate on a motorcycle- that's the cover story the ... more
- Lukew on 'The figures say it all' Commissioner Gordon Lewis can huff and puff all he likes but this is about the money. Never mind the doubt, why would we ... more
- poppitt on 'The figures say it all' Against the law to ride a bike that does have number plates back and front. Fine them $500 for each plate that is not ... more
- Time for a career change Neil on 'The figures say it all' Gee, it must be almost the 3rd week of the month. Time for Neil to roll out the anti motorcycle vitriol again. The same ... more
- Otto on 'The figures say it all' Anything to justify the cash cows, how many of these thousands of lethal speeding motorcycles actually result in a fatality ... more
- Gazza on Top cop concerned over pokies gang Multiculturalism at its finest more
- dom on Spot the 'ghost'? Sorry the line for popcorn was long... more
- Rory on Spot the 'ghost'? Why do ghosts always have clothes on? I wonder if a tradie has to wear Hi-Viz if they get a ghost. more
- charles on Spot the 'ghost'? I see an elderly lady old white shirt, black hair, pale skin sitting at the top of staircase, peering to the right as if ... more
- Rhees on Spot the 'ghost'? I can see through the railings.Enlarge picture and take a close look, definitely something there.One place i worked at ... more
- Anne of Dallas on Spot the 'ghost'? Well.. I cant see the ghost.. but I did learn something fabulous from one of the readers in comment! "Enlarge for a better ... more
- Joanne on Spot the 'ghost'? Enlarge for a better look. To enlarge the photo if using a computer: press control and the plus button at the same time more
Inebriated young girl at the Melbourne Cup
UPDATE: The girl at the centre of a YouTube video filmed at the Melbourne Cup claims she was drugged.
Yesterday, a YouTube user named 'catherinejyoung78' posted a comment on the video saying:
"I'm ashamed. And was drugged!! This is out of character and at this point, it's a police matter. Thank you for all the comments. Articulate people when your (sic) sober abusing someone you have no clue what happened to. Nothing is ever as it seems."
NEIL MITCHELL: I have been sent via YouTube the most awful film of a young woman, probably in her mid-twenties or so, drunk at the Melbourne Cup.
She's falling over, throwing punches, and screaming obscenities. It is ugly, dangerous lunacy.
She is finally subdued by security who have to hold her down, but only after she has attacked a number of the crowd, apparently at random.
It is genuinely awful stuff. And it just makes you wonder - why?
One of the worst things is, as she is doing this - clearly in trouble - the crowd is mocking her and laughing at her.
This was a very dangerous thing - not funny.
If you think you may have a problem with alcohol, please contact Alcoholics Anonymous on 1300 22 22 22 or www.aa.org.au
it's always someone else's fault isn't Justine.
Such a prejudiced woman you are. Nobody but the rapist likes rape. The movie showed a drunken idiot who just happened to be a girl. Would there be all of this hype if it was a drunken man?....honest answer now Justine.... Like I said it was an idiot drunk who just happened to be a girl....and not the only drunken girl there. If you saw many other pictures taken that day, you would have seen plenty of other drunken girls. Were they all drugged and in need of medical help? No. They were just drunk and they did it to themselves and we all laughed at the drunks because that is what you do if you're not a dried up poncho wearing hysteric.Eddy Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 3:47 PM
Actually Kraig, you've got it the wrong way around. It is male perpetrators of crime who blame the female victims. How many times have we heard "she was asking for it"? FYI: women do NOT asked to be sexually assaulted or raped, but the men who rape them often try to offload the responsibilty onto them, with plenty of support from bozos like you, Eddy, Paul, Gav and others.Justine Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 11:11 PM
Wow, look at the animosity here. I guess Eddy & Co would also have blamed her if she actually had been raped. As long as we have Eddies (and there are plenty of them) we will continue to tolerate sexism and violence against women. The woman needed medical help in that condition, not a bunch of brainless yobbos jeering. How THICK are you?Justine Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 11:05 PM
It seems to be mainly other females with sympathy for this drunken mole.
Eddie and John F have hit the nail on the head. This is the usual behavior of drunken females that always gets twisted around so other people can get blamed.
I like to have a laugh at a joke and this female is a joke, as are most females who get pissed.
Maybe ban alcohol and de-criminalize marijuana, the non-aggressive drug.
Plus she cries rape. That is the usual comment from a female who has made a fool of herself or broken the law. And all the false cries of rape just make it harder for the 'real' victims.Kraig Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:50 AM
YES typical 3aw, this station mostly Neil Mitchell is fast becoming as trashy as the girl in question, played Allan Jones comments on Julia Gillard 3 times while other well known presenters just spoke on the issues.Mr Mitchell, you keep making excuses for these fools, that is why so many young girls are out flashing them selves every weekend,someone will bubble wrap them for their actions, oh and well said Eddy...paul Monday 12 November, 2012 - 12:10 AM
one of the funniest ive seen in a while...garry Sunday 11 November, 2012 - 9:06 AM