- Metro sticking to heat policy
- What NBN means for the Average Joe
- Triple Zero for all sorts of emergencies
- NBN BS must stop: Turnbull
- 'Who's accountable for this mess?'
- Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake Santa video
- Boy suspended for kissing girl's hand
- 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou a liar'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Damian on Red-Light debacle: 'Vicroads have ... I was issued a ticket for red light on Warrigal and North Road on 26 September 2013. Reading through your columns I notice ... more
- senseless on 'Today is a day for victory': ... Unvelievable, buy back solarium beds at the peoples expense to get them off the streets - then mandate the smart meter ... more
- Peggy on Father wants dog put down after attack @smilingjack, you really hate dogs don't you.Dogs are animals and not babysitters, so when a child who is left alone with a ... more
- Gloria on Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake ... Two young people rattling tin for donations to Greenpeace outside Preston Market on Saturday. I asked them if they actually ... more
- PJ on NBN BS must stop: Turnbull Labors NBN- omitted from the normal audit process for Government policy (oh ooh hello)- only 3 years old and 2 years behind- ... more
- smilingjack on Father wants dog put down after attack its amazing how all cartoon dogs and dogs in adas magically have big smiles and no teeth. all dogs are killers. full stop. ... more
- Mark on NBN BS must stop: Turnbull Tim Holding destroyed Victoria's water policies and walked away with no consequences more
- Bostwick on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Without defending James Hird's part in all of this, it seems to me that all through this process the AFL has wanted to have ... more
- Nat on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Peggy, Its not that cyclists don't want to be identified, ask to see my ID any day of the week on the bike and I'll pass it ... more
- Steve on Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake ... Greepeace; a bunch of losers I bet they won't interfere with Russian ships again>... more
- David T. on Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake ... What else but offensive promotional stunts, can we expect from a bunch of leftist idiots. more
- Solomons' Sword on Analogue TV switch-off 999 channels and still nothing worth watching! more
- CHRIS WATTS on NBN BS must stop: Turnbull i thought turnbulls' boss said that they would not be blaming previous governments for anything, pity he has forgotten what ... more
- bee on 'Who's accountable for this mess?' I am sick and tired of Governments (Labour Especially) getting the country into so much debt and the taxpayers having to ... more
- Christine on Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake ... So ....my impression of this video is this: Greenpeace is holding Santa hostage and forcing him at gunpoint to spew their ... more
- mandy on Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake ... I think its how you perceive it I mean advertising agencies have churned out so many offensive ads over the years on certain ... more
- Samuel J on 'Who's accountable for this mess?' There should be a legal mechanism where politicians such as Rudd and Gillard who have seriously stuffed up our country ... more
- David T. on Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake ... Poor old "Greenpeace". They are finding it increasingly difficult to appear relevant in the "Save The World" movement. Now, ... more
- Aaron on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl There is a difference between reasonable force and excessive force. Head slamming someone into the ground is in my view ... more
- me on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... The cyclist should be arrested and charged with assault and battery and the woman should probably attend traffic school to ... more
Inebriated young girl at the Melbourne Cup
UPDATE: The girl at the centre of a YouTube video filmed at the Melbourne Cup claims she was drugged.
Yesterday, a YouTube user named 'catherinejyoung78' posted a comment on the video saying:
"I'm ashamed. And was drugged!! This is out of character and at this point, it's a police matter. Thank you for all the comments. Articulate people when your (sic) sober abusing someone you have no clue what happened to. Nothing is ever as it seems."
NEIL MITCHELL: I have been sent via YouTube the most awful film of a young woman, probably in her mid-twenties or so, drunk at the Melbourne Cup.
She's falling over, throwing punches, and screaming obscenities. It is ugly, dangerous lunacy.
She is finally subdued by security who have to hold her down, but only after she has attacked a number of the crowd, apparently at random.
It is genuinely awful stuff. And it just makes you wonder - why?
One of the worst things is, as she is doing this - clearly in trouble - the crowd is mocking her and laughing at her.
This was a very dangerous thing - not funny.
If you think you may have a problem with alcohol, please contact Alcoholics Anonymous on 1300 22 22 22 or www.aa.org.au
it's always someone else's fault isn't Justine.
Such a prejudiced woman you are. Nobody but the rapist likes rape. The movie showed a drunken idiot who just happened to be a girl. Would there be all of this hype if it was a drunken man?....honest answer now Justine.... Like I said it was an idiot drunk who just happened to be a girl....and not the only drunken girl there. If you saw many other pictures taken that day, you would have seen plenty of other drunken girls. Were they all drugged and in need of medical help? No. They were just drunk and they did it to themselves and we all laughed at the drunks because that is what you do if you're not a dried up poncho wearing hysteric.Eddy Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 3:47 PM
Actually Kraig, you've got it the wrong way around. It is male perpetrators of crime who blame the female victims. How many times have we heard "she was asking for it"? FYI: women do NOT asked to be sexually assaulted or raped, but the men who rape them often try to offload the responsibilty onto them, with plenty of support from bozos like you, Eddy, Paul, Gav and others.Justine Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 11:11 PM
Wow, look at the animosity here. I guess Eddy & Co would also have blamed her if she actually had been raped. As long as we have Eddies (and there are plenty of them) we will continue to tolerate sexism and violence against women. The woman needed medical help in that condition, not a bunch of brainless yobbos jeering. How THICK are you?Justine Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 11:05 PM
It seems to be mainly other females with sympathy for this drunken mole.
Eddie and John F have hit the nail on the head. This is the usual behavior of drunken females that always gets twisted around so other people can get blamed.
I like to have a laugh at a joke and this female is a joke, as are most females who get pissed.
Maybe ban alcohol and de-criminalize marijuana, the non-aggressive drug.
Plus she cries rape. That is the usual comment from a female who has made a fool of herself or broken the law. And all the false cries of rape just make it harder for the 'real' victims.Kraig Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:50 AM
YES typical 3aw, this station mostly Neil Mitchell is fast becoming as trashy as the girl in question, played Allan Jones comments on Julia Gillard 3 times while other well known presenters just spoke on the issues.Mr Mitchell, you keep making excuses for these fools, that is why so many young girls are out flashing them selves every weekend,someone will bubble wrap them for their actions, oh and well said Eddy...paul Monday 12 November, 2012 - 12:10 AM
one of the funniest ive seen in a while...garry Sunday 11 November, 2012 - 9:06 AM