- Photos: Destructive winds lash the state
- 'Banks need to improve their reputation'
- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save lives'
- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tanya on Photos: Destructive winds lash the state Re the tree down in Coles - Bayswater.Why on earth did someone plant a monstrous gum tree in a car park?The mind boggles. more
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
Inebriated young girl at the Melbourne Cup
UPDATE: The girl at the centre of a YouTube video filmed at the Melbourne Cup claims she was drugged.
Yesterday, a YouTube user named 'catherinejyoung78' posted a comment on the video saying:
"I'm ashamed. And was drugged!! This is out of character and at this point, it's a police matter. Thank you for all the comments. Articulate people when your (sic) sober abusing someone you have no clue what happened to. Nothing is ever as it seems."
NEIL MITCHELL: I have been sent via YouTube the most awful film of a young woman, probably in her mid-twenties or so, drunk at the Melbourne Cup.
She's falling over, throwing punches, and screaming obscenities. It is ugly, dangerous lunacy.
She is finally subdued by security who have to hold her down, but only after she has attacked a number of the crowd, apparently at random.
It is genuinely awful stuff. And it just makes you wonder - why?
One of the worst things is, as she is doing this - clearly in trouble - the crowd is mocking her and laughing at her.
This was a very dangerous thing - not funny.
If you think you may have a problem with alcohol, please contact Alcoholics Anonymous on 1300 22 22 22 or www.aa.org.au
it's always someone else's fault isn't Justine.
Such a prejudiced woman you are. Nobody but the rapist likes rape. The movie showed a drunken idiot who just happened to be a girl. Would there be all of this hype if it was a drunken man?....honest answer now Justine.... Like I said it was an idiot drunk who just happened to be a girl....and not the only drunken girl there. If you saw many other pictures taken that day, you would have seen plenty of other drunken girls. Were they all drugged and in need of medical help? No. They were just drunk and they did it to themselves and we all laughed at the drunks because that is what you do if you're not a dried up poncho wearing hysteric.Eddy Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 3:47 PM
Actually Kraig, you've got it the wrong way around. It is male perpetrators of crime who blame the female victims. How many times have we heard "she was asking for it"? FYI: women do NOT asked to be sexually assaulted or raped, but the men who rape them often try to offload the responsibilty onto them, with plenty of support from bozos like you, Eddy, Paul, Gav and others.Justine Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 11:11 PM
Wow, look at the animosity here. I guess Eddy & Co would also have blamed her if she actually had been raped. As long as we have Eddies (and there are plenty of them) we will continue to tolerate sexism and violence against women. The woman needed medical help in that condition, not a bunch of brainless yobbos jeering. How THICK are you?Justine Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 11:05 PM
It seems to be mainly other females with sympathy for this drunken mole.
Eddie and John F have hit the nail on the head. This is the usual behavior of drunken females that always gets twisted around so other people can get blamed.
I like to have a laugh at a joke and this female is a joke, as are most females who get pissed.
Maybe ban alcohol and de-criminalize marijuana, the non-aggressive drug.
Plus she cries rape. That is the usual comment from a female who has made a fool of herself or broken the law. And all the false cries of rape just make it harder for the 'real' victims.Kraig Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:50 AM
YES typical 3aw, this station mostly Neil Mitchell is fast becoming as trashy as the girl in question, played Allan Jones comments on Julia Gillard 3 times while other well known presenters just spoke on the issues.Mr Mitchell, you keep making excuses for these fools, that is why so many young girls are out flashing them selves every weekend,someone will bubble wrap them for their actions, oh and well said Eddy...paul Monday 12 November, 2012 - 12:10 AM
one of the funniest ive seen in a while...garry Sunday 11 November, 2012 - 9:06 AM