- Telstra faces court over late fees
- 'The figures say it all'
- Biological parents acknowledged in surrogacy law changes
- Julie Bishop to contact Chinese embassy over Palmer comments
- Son given bravery award after saving mother's life
- 'It's not just risk-taking, it's life-threatening'
- He's back on the streets
- 'I'm scared they'll take my son away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David THomas on 'The figures say it all' Statistical evidence mounts that the police often do not recruit the sharpest pencils in the box. Seriously. Turn the ... more
- John on 'The figures say it all' This is not about fairness, it is about deflecting responsibility. The camera system should conform to vehicles operating ... more
- Paul on 'The figures say it all' Have a look at the front of any modern bike and you will quickly see why it is not possible to put a front plate on. There ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'The figures say it all' i just cannot believe that a simple e tag cannot be stuck on the front of the bike...its so simple, surely... more
- Samuel J on 'The figures say it all' Motor cycles should have front and rear number plates. The notion that front number plates dissect pedestrians is complete ... more
- Mark on 'The figures say it all' All a bit of a joke, here in Europe, bikes get a much larger rear plate... more than double the size. Aussies often hide the ... more
- Richard on 'The figures say it all' If its such a problem why are the Penisula Link cameras facing the front? The fault is in the camera system. more
- Tom Bysen on 'The figures say it all' Why not ban bikes altogether? We can all sit jammed on the freeway, in our 2tonne suv's being safe. more
- John Karmouche on 'The figures say it all' Everyone is barking up the wrong tree. Its not about putting a number plate on a motorcycle- that's the cover story the ... more
- Lukew on 'The figures say it all' Commissioner Gordon Lewis can huff and puff all he likes but this is about the money. Never mind the doubt, why would we ... more
- poppitt on 'The figures say it all' Against the law to ride a bike that does have number plates back and front. Fine them $500 for each plate that is not ... more
- Time for a career change Neil on 'The figures say it all' Gee, it must be almost the 3rd week of the month. Time for Neil to roll out the anti motorcycle vitriol again. The same ... more
- Otto on 'The figures say it all' Anything to justify the cash cows, how many of these thousands of lethal speeding motorcycles actually result in a fatality ... more
- Gazza on Top cop concerned over pokies gang Multiculturalism at its finest more
- dom on Spot the 'ghost'? Sorry the line for popcorn was long... more
- Rory on Spot the 'ghost'? Why do ghosts always have clothes on? I wonder if a tradie has to wear Hi-Viz if they get a ghost. more
- charles on Spot the 'ghost'? I see an elderly lady old white shirt, black hair, pale skin sitting at the top of staircase, peering to the right as if ... more
- Rhees on Spot the 'ghost'? I can see through the railings.Enlarge picture and take a close look, definitely something there.One place i worked at ... more
- Anne of Dallas on Spot the 'ghost'? Well.. I cant see the ghost.. but I did learn something fabulous from one of the readers in comment! "Enlarge for a better ... more
- Joanne on Spot the 'ghost'? Enlarge for a better look. To enlarge the photo if using a computer: press control and the plus button at the same time more
Jeff Kennett on gay marriage
Outspoken former Premier Jeff Kennett has surprised many this morning by telling Neil Mitchell and listeners he has reexamined his views on gay marriage.
"I feel as though I've learned a lot...The most important thing in a person's life is to enjoy life...As long as you don't break a law against me, why should I allow sexuality to prevent you from living your life as you want to."
"I want people to be happy," Kennett told Neil Mitchell.
Listen to Mr. Kennett in the 3AW Studio below.
PLAY: Jeff Kennett softens stance on gay marriage
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Darren James on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- David Kramer on Twitter
- Paul Worsteling on Twitter
- Lauren Hilbert on Twitter
- Florencia Cavallo on Twitter
- Shane McInnes on Twitter
- Cushla Travers on Twitter
Jeff always learns something new every morning. He is a slow learner and things cough up ad hoc. He is forgiven. Only thing is that all he learned just drops into a black hole and he needs to learn more and forever. He is insatiable of knowledge. Yea. With such a block on the shaoulder makes you wonder.
What will that be tomorrow morning? May be which cereal for brekkie cause he can't remember the one he had the day before.Whendy Thursday 22 March, 2012 - 11:57 AM
You showed guts Jeff good on you, two people who love each other should not have to put up with the bigotry and persecution that has gone on for far to long, its time people stopped hatting and show love and compassion
for our lesbian and gay members of societyIan Lawrence Tuesday 20 March, 2012 - 6:23 PM
That's such a wonderful way to put it, Jeff! Well done!Dott Saturday 17 March, 2012 - 5:22 PM
Well the Gay lobby are getting their way by spurious argument and appealing to the baser elememts of human nature that the tenents of the Bible should be swept aside.Mick Tuesday 13 March, 2012 - 9:57 AM
Jeff's finally woken up! Well done!Peter Sunday 11 March, 2012 - 8:34 PM
Sometimes you have to be prepared to change your mind, Jeff put this subject very basically, all that does really matter, is that people should be happy....well done Jeff....Mark Thursday 8 March, 2012 - 4:31 PM