- Neil Mitchell's Job-Match
- Melbourne school cancels Father's Day
- Drugged teens steal cars for sport
- 'ASIO had approved his trip'
- 'Sad reflection': Kennett whacks Ted Baillieu
- No 'specific' requests from US to Australia
- 'Luxury cars can cut the road toll'
- Firefighter's attack: 'I hope you never need us'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mike on Labor's tough new stance against 'evil' So trafficking drugs away from a school is less illegal?And why drug busses? Target pubs/clubs! I hear more and more people ... more
- Eye for an Eye on Labor's tough new stance against 'evil' if you look at the history of the State Labour Government you will notice that they have always been soft on crime thanks to ... more
- elizabeth on Labor's tough new stance against 'evil' Since when has labor been strict with crime. I will never vote Labor. more
- R on Labor's tough new stance against 'evil' The only thing that I would add to this is is that they need to have counseling for the whole of there prison time instead ... more
- dee on Labor's tough new stance against 'evil' I see little point in increasing sentences when we have weak Judges letting people off with a slap on the wrist. more
- David THomas on 'The figures say it all' Statistical evidence mounts that the police often do not recruit the sharpest pencils in the box. Seriously. Turn the ... more
- John on 'The figures say it all' This is not about fairness, it is about deflecting responsibility. The camera system should conform to vehicles operating ... more
- Paul on 'The figures say it all' Have a look at the front of any modern bike and you will quickly see why it is not possible to put a front plate on. There ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'The figures say it all' i just cannot believe that a simple e tag cannot be stuck on the front of the bike...its so simple, surely... more
- Samuel J on 'The figures say it all' Motor cycles should have front and rear number plates. The notion that front number plates dissect pedestrians is complete ... more
- Mark on 'The figures say it all' All a bit of a joke, here in Europe, bikes get a much larger rear plate... more than double the size. Aussies often hide the ... more
- Richard on 'The figures say it all' If its such a problem why are the Penisula Link cameras facing the front? The fault is in the camera system. more
- Tom Bysen on 'The figures say it all' Why not ban bikes altogether? We can all sit jammed on the freeway, in our 2tonne suv's being safe. more
- John Karmouche on 'The figures say it all' Everyone is barking up the wrong tree. Its not about putting a number plate on a motorcycle- that's the cover story the ... more
- Lukew on 'The figures say it all' Commissioner Gordon Lewis can huff and puff all he likes but this is about the money. Never mind the doubt, why would we ... more
- poppitt on 'The figures say it all' Against the law to ride a bike that does have number plates back and front. Fine them $500 for each plate that is not ... more
- Time for a career change Neil on 'The figures say it all' Gee, it must be almost the 3rd week of the month. Time for Neil to roll out the anti motorcycle vitriol again. The same ... more
- Otto on 'The figures say it all' Anything to justify the cash cows, how many of these thousands of lethal speeding motorcycles actually result in a fatality ... more
- Gazza on Top cop concerned over pokies gang Multiculturalism at its finest more
- dom on Spot the 'ghost'? Sorry the line for popcorn was long... more
Joe Hockey: Wayne Swan bullies me about my weight
Federal Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey has told Neil Mitchell he has been the subject of bullying about his weight by Treasurer Wayne Swan.
"I'm still bullied in parliament. Wayne Swan has a go at me for being fat," he said.
Mr Hockey declined to elaborate on the comments which had been made about his appearance, saying they were ‘not even worth repeating’.
During a discussion with Workplace Relations & Employment Minister Bill Shorten on whether primary school students should have their weight recorded by teachers in school reports, Mr Hockey said it was up to individuals to take responsibility for their weight.
"We've got too much of a sedentary lifestyle. (There is) this temptation to eat processed food when you're on the run," Mr Hockey said.
"I think we've all got to take more responsibility, and I'm trying to do that at the moment."
Labor Minister Bill Shorten said a person’s body shape was irrelevant to the job they perform.
"I have no doubt that people who are overweight are conscious of that. But I also know that there's a million reasons why," he said.
"It doesn't matter if you're overweight or not, you want to be fitter and healthier... I just think the way to achieve that is to encourage people, not to belittle them."
LISTEN: Bill Shorten MP and Joe Hockey MP with Neil Mitchell:
News Flash. Joe Hockey is a fat man who had so little willpower that he resorts to lap band surgery to counteract his love for pies and sticky buns. Them's dah facts.mylene Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 10:23 AM
An UN-educated person will always hit out with sarcasism because Gillard doesn't know any better..IF Joe Hockey had of said she over-dozed on the christmas cake and the botox over the holidays,Gillard would crying her eys out Demanding an appology... GROW up GILLARD, there is no room for your dirty little snide remarks, when your whole pary is in total destructionALEX Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 11:31 AM
C'mon Joe, harden up. Isnt it you and your party cronies that want workers to be bullied everyday. I mean thats what workchoices was? or still is? Is it not.Dino Friday 18 January, 2013 - 4:04 PM
Well Joe l think you are more handsome than Wayne Swann and more cuddly to not only that you talk more sense than swann does. Keep up the good job.Linda Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 5:22 PM
You ALP cheerleaders should be ashamed of yourselves.You take a simple comment or statement and turn it into an obscene attack on an individual because they don't agree with your left promise anything and do nothing policies.As for 3AW maybe you should monitor your comments section a bit better some of them are vile and immature.You may have a mature debate on the air but in your comment section it is nasty hateful and disgusting.Mark Saturday 22 December, 2012 - 2:02 AM
I tell you what Joe get your wife to go on TV like big wicked iron man tony wony did and get her to fight the naughty warty Labor monster for you. Aaaaaaaaaaaah shame .Ken Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:48 PM