- 'Hamas is not interested in ceasefire'
- Losing war against dangerous phone chargers
- Nitschke: This won't stop me
- Two-thirds want cannabis legalised
- Taxi register confusion clarified
- Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl'
- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mark on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Where's penny Wong now , Brian Taylor got hung drawn and quartered for his poof comment and yet no penny Wong standing up in ... more
- Stephen on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' No you're not a typical Aussie Girl! You're a disgrace and it has nothing to do with your gender either! You are in public ... more
- poppitt on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If any male pollie mentioned a part of a womans body he would be walked over hot coals. This type of 'talk' is not ... more
- Gazza on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If all politicians behaved like normal aussies the world would be a better place. Unfortunately this will never happen as ... more
- Willow on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Would like to know how the people of Tassy, who voted for her, feel now. more
- bushiepete on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' at least we know what we got with this pollie. shes not afraid to speak her mind ..unlike the rest of the fence sitters ... more
- Sinbad on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Two weeks ago, Brian Taylor gets vilified and lambasted for a throw away insult you would hear numerous times in any ... more
- Judi Pickett on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Jacqui Lambie stating she's just a normal Aussie Girl? Neil, you need a mini survey on her comments, as I'd say the public, ... more
- mylene on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' The Prime Minister's comments on women, homosexuals and Aborigines make her look like a beginner. Leave offensiveness to the ... more
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
Joe Hockey: Wayne Swan bullies me about my weight
Federal Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey has told Neil Mitchell he has been the subject of bullying about his weight by Treasurer Wayne Swan.
"I'm still bullied in parliament. Wayne Swan has a go at me for being fat," he said.
Mr Hockey declined to elaborate on the comments which had been made about his appearance, saying they were ‘not even worth repeating’.
During a discussion with Workplace Relations & Employment Minister Bill Shorten on whether primary school students should have their weight recorded by teachers in school reports, Mr Hockey said it was up to individuals to take responsibility for their weight.
"We've got too much of a sedentary lifestyle. (There is) this temptation to eat processed food when you're on the run," Mr Hockey said.
"I think we've all got to take more responsibility, and I'm trying to do that at the moment."
Labor Minister Bill Shorten said a person’s body shape was irrelevant to the job they perform.
"I have no doubt that people who are overweight are conscious of that. But I also know that there's a million reasons why," he said.
"It doesn't matter if you're overweight or not, you want to be fitter and healthier... I just think the way to achieve that is to encourage people, not to belittle them."
LISTEN: Bill Shorten MP and Joe Hockey MP with Neil Mitchell:
News Flash. Joe Hockey is a fat man who had so little willpower that he resorts to lap band surgery to counteract his love for pies and sticky buns. Them's dah facts.mylene Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 10:23 AM
An UN-educated person will always hit out with sarcasism because Gillard doesn't know any better..IF Joe Hockey had of said she over-dozed on the christmas cake and the botox over the holidays,Gillard would crying her eys out Demanding an appology... GROW up GILLARD, there is no room for your dirty little snide remarks, when your whole pary is in total destructionALEX Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 11:31 AM
C'mon Joe, harden up. Isnt it you and your party cronies that want workers to be bullied everyday. I mean thats what workchoices was? or still is? Is it not.Dino Friday 18 January, 2013 - 4:04 PM
Well Joe l think you are more handsome than Wayne Swann and more cuddly to not only that you talk more sense than swann does. Keep up the good job.Linda Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 5:22 PM
You ALP cheerleaders should be ashamed of yourselves.You take a simple comment or statement and turn it into an obscene attack on an individual because they don't agree with your left promise anything and do nothing policies.As for 3AW maybe you should monitor your comments section a bit better some of them are vile and immature.You may have a mature debate on the air but in your comment section it is nasty hateful and disgusting.Mark Saturday 22 December, 2012 - 2:02 AM
I tell you what Joe get your wife to go on TV like big wicked iron man tony wony did and get her to fight the naughty warty Labor monster for you. Aaaaaaaaaaaah shame .Ken Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:48 PM