- Murdered Moonee Ponds man's possible link to Transfield
- Punting heartbreak: Family 'loses' $400k
- Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade
- Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' horror
- Fuel discount ban will save prices
- Gay couple marry despite expected challenge
- Qantas ads 'political spin'
- Christmas cheer for young Rhyan
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Victoria on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade This is unacceptable these power companies need to be held accountable, where is our Democracy? people being bullied and ... more
- Cheryl on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade You nosey little fool Darren. No doubt this installer was on his neighbours property and you were interferring with his ... more
- Lukew on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... This has nothing to do with bikes or cyclists, this is to do with some moron with anger management issues, acting in a ... more
- james on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Cyclists regularly disobey red lights, turning signals and when it suits them are more then happy to ride on the footpath. I ... more
- A Falkingham on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Licence these idiots and register their bicycles NOW more
- Steve on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade Darren was lucky not be decked by the half smart installer>. more
- Steve on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... It's up to the state government to make bike rego compulsory nothing to do with who leads the country, but some dim wits ... more
- Warren on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... It's a shame that there is no footage from the cyclists perspective, he probably was nearly killed. Sounds like she did an ... more
- jgl Melb on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... @ire centralised;Talking of car parks,is that where you buy the "stuff" you're currently indulging in? I like to think I ... more
- Gavan on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Another bigoted, ill-informed contribution from Gazza. Time to grow up champ! more
- Jon Doorsay on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade Darren, you would be what's known as a nosey neighbour. Please tell the public the full story which is that the meter was ... more
- Gavan on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade Darren was audibly annoyed, although he was initially not in the right. That however in no way justified the behaviour of ... more
- PH on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade How hilarious that you misspell meter as metre and on the front page you have a story about Ch9 and their spelling ... more
- Gazza on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Cyclists should be banned from all public roads full stop.What hope do we have of that with a Lycra clad monk leading the ... more
- ire centralised on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... CCTV in the car park. Gee JGL have you ever thought that by even suggesting such a stupid open door entry permit, for you ... more
- Diana on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade Darren was the meter been installed at your place? Seems to me that perhaps we may not have all the story. If your account ... more
- Ian on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Firstly, I do agree that the action of striking the driver was grossly excessive. That said, cyclists are used to being on ... more
- mylene on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade Neil needs to take some responsibility. He scared his audience for months about smart meters then (after the election) ... more
- Steve on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Another good reason why bikes should be registered just hope the coppers catch up with this moron>.. more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade Isn't it funny how 3AW was poking fun at another news service for a typo or blunder, yet the great Neil Mitchell thinks he ... more
Joe Hockey: Wayne Swan bullies me about my weight
Federal Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey has told Neil Mitchell he has been the subject of bullying about his weight by Treasurer Wayne Swan.
"I'm still bullied in parliament. Wayne Swan has a go at me for being fat," he said.
Mr Hockey declined to elaborate on the comments which had been made about his appearance, saying they were ‘not even worth repeating’.
During a discussion with Workplace Relations & Employment Minister Bill Shorten on whether primary school students should have their weight recorded by teachers in school reports, Mr Hockey said it was up to individuals to take responsibility for their weight.
"We've got too much of a sedentary lifestyle. (There is) this temptation to eat processed food when you're on the run," Mr Hockey said.
"I think we've all got to take more responsibility, and I'm trying to do that at the moment."
Labor Minister Bill Shorten said a person’s body shape was irrelevant to the job they perform.
"I have no doubt that people who are overweight are conscious of that. But I also know that there's a million reasons why," he said.
"It doesn't matter if you're overweight or not, you want to be fitter and healthier... I just think the way to achieve that is to encourage people, not to belittle them."
LISTEN: Bill Shorten MP and Joe Hockey MP with Neil Mitchell:
News Flash. Joe Hockey is a fat man who had so little willpower that he resorts to lap band surgery to counteract his love for pies and sticky buns. Them's dah facts.mylene Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 10:23 AM
An UN-educated person will always hit out with sarcasism because Gillard doesn't know any better..IF Joe Hockey had of said she over-dozed on the christmas cake and the botox over the holidays,Gillard would crying her eys out Demanding an appology... GROW up GILLARD, there is no room for your dirty little snide remarks, when your whole pary is in total destructionALEX Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 11:31 AM
C'mon Joe, harden up. Isnt it you and your party cronies that want workers to be bullied everyday. I mean thats what workchoices was? or still is? Is it not.Dino Friday 18 January, 2013 - 4:04 PM
Well Joe l think you are more handsome than Wayne Swann and more cuddly to not only that you talk more sense than swann does. Keep up the good job.Linda Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 5:22 PM
You ALP cheerleaders should be ashamed of yourselves.You take a simple comment or statement and turn it into an obscene attack on an individual because they don't agree with your left promise anything and do nothing policies.As for 3AW maybe you should monitor your comments section a bit better some of them are vile and immature.You may have a mature debate on the air but in your comment section it is nasty hateful and disgusting.Mark Saturday 22 December, 2012 - 2:02 AM
I tell you what Joe get your wife to go on TV like big wicked iron man tony wony did and get her to fight the naughty warty Labor monster for you. Aaaaaaaaaaaah shame .Ken Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:48 PM