- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- Bob Carr: I didn't deceive Australians
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Joe Hockey: Wayne Swan bullies me about my weight
Federal Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey has told Neil Mitchell he has been the subject of bullying about his weight by Treasurer Wayne Swan.
"I'm still bullied in parliament. Wayne Swan has a go at me for being fat," he said.
Mr Hockey declined to elaborate on the comments which had been made about his appearance, saying they were ‘not even worth repeating’.
During a discussion with Workplace Relations & Employment Minister Bill Shorten on whether primary school students should have their weight recorded by teachers in school reports, Mr Hockey said it was up to individuals to take responsibility for their weight.
"We've got too much of a sedentary lifestyle. (There is) this temptation to eat processed food when you're on the run," Mr Hockey said.
"I think we've all got to take more responsibility, and I'm trying to do that at the moment."
Labor Minister Bill Shorten said a person’s body shape was irrelevant to the job they perform.
"I have no doubt that people who are overweight are conscious of that. But I also know that there's a million reasons why," he said.
"It doesn't matter if you're overweight or not, you want to be fitter and healthier... I just think the way to achieve that is to encourage people, not to belittle them."
LISTEN: Bill Shorten MP and Joe Hockey MP with Neil Mitchell:
News Flash. Joe Hockey is a fat man who had so little willpower that he resorts to lap band surgery to counteract his love for pies and sticky buns. Them's dah facts.mylene Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 10:23 AM
An UN-educated person will always hit out with sarcasism because Gillard doesn't know any better..IF Joe Hockey had of said she over-dozed on the christmas cake and the botox over the holidays,Gillard would crying her eys out Demanding an appology... GROW up GILLARD, there is no room for your dirty little snide remarks, when your whole pary is in total destructionALEX Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 11:31 AM
C'mon Joe, harden up. Isnt it you and your party cronies that want workers to be bullied everyday. I mean thats what workchoices was? or still is? Is it not.Dino Friday 18 January, 2013 - 4:04 PM
Well Joe l think you are more handsome than Wayne Swann and more cuddly to not only that you talk more sense than swann does. Keep up the good job.Linda Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 5:22 PM
You ALP cheerleaders should be ashamed of yourselves.You take a simple comment or statement and turn it into an obscene attack on an individual because they don't agree with your left promise anything and do nothing policies.As for 3AW maybe you should monitor your comments section a bit better some of them are vile and immature.You may have a mature debate on the air but in your comment section it is nasty hateful and disgusting.Mark Saturday 22 December, 2012 - 2:02 AM
I tell you what Joe get your wife to go on TV like big wicked iron man tony wony did and get her to fight the naughty warty Labor monster for you. Aaaaaaaaaaaah shame .Ken Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:48 PM