- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- Calls to legalise marijuana
- ABC work-ethic 'shocking': Former manager
- 'It was something we didn't want to see'
- RSL apologises over Turban ban
- Australian Open in 16-year-old's sights
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on 'I don't deserve this' Solomons' Sword. You really think it happens that way. Your a joke.If your happy waiting 16mins for an Ambulance while ... more
- MikeO on 'I don't deserve this' Ambos need a pay rise but there many other people who need them too. I do not like people paid by the tax payer using their ... more
- Randal Woods on 'I don't deserve this' Solomon's Sword, you are obviously a moron. What ambo stands over patients, asking who they will vote for before they treat ... more
- Andrew on 'I don't deserve this' Advocating for patients is a professional trait and being outspoken is acceptable in that context. However, I'm not sure if ... more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
Joe Hockey: Wayne Swan bullies me about my weight
Federal Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey has told Neil Mitchell he has been the subject of bullying about his weight by Treasurer Wayne Swan.
"I'm still bullied in parliament. Wayne Swan has a go at me for being fat," he said.
Mr Hockey declined to elaborate on the comments which had been made about his appearance, saying they were ‘not even worth repeating’.
During a discussion with Workplace Relations & Employment Minister Bill Shorten on whether primary school students should have their weight recorded by teachers in school reports, Mr Hockey said it was up to individuals to take responsibility for their weight.
"We've got too much of a sedentary lifestyle. (There is) this temptation to eat processed food when you're on the run," Mr Hockey said.
"I think we've all got to take more responsibility, and I'm trying to do that at the moment."
Labor Minister Bill Shorten said a person’s body shape was irrelevant to the job they perform.
"I have no doubt that people who are overweight are conscious of that. But I also know that there's a million reasons why," he said.
"It doesn't matter if you're overweight or not, you want to be fitter and healthier... I just think the way to achieve that is to encourage people, not to belittle them."
LISTEN: Bill Shorten MP and Joe Hockey MP with Neil Mitchell:
News Flash. Joe Hockey is a fat man who had so little willpower that he resorts to lap band surgery to counteract his love for pies and sticky buns. Them's dah facts.mylene Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 10:23 AM
An UN-educated person will always hit out with sarcasism because Gillard doesn't know any better..IF Joe Hockey had of said she over-dozed on the christmas cake and the botox over the holidays,Gillard would crying her eys out Demanding an appology... GROW up GILLARD, there is no room for your dirty little snide remarks, when your whole pary is in total destructionALEX Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 11:31 AM
C'mon Joe, harden up. Isnt it you and your party cronies that want workers to be bullied everyday. I mean thats what workchoices was? or still is? Is it not.Dino Friday 18 January, 2013 - 4:04 PM
Well Joe l think you are more handsome than Wayne Swann and more cuddly to not only that you talk more sense than swann does. Keep up the good job.Linda Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 5:22 PM
You ALP cheerleaders should be ashamed of yourselves.You take a simple comment or statement and turn it into an obscene attack on an individual because they don't agree with your left promise anything and do nothing policies.As for 3AW maybe you should monitor your comments section a bit better some of them are vile and immature.You may have a mature debate on the air but in your comment section it is nasty hateful and disgusting.Mark Saturday 22 December, 2012 - 2:02 AM
I tell you what Joe get your wife to go on TV like big wicked iron man tony wony did and get her to fight the naughty warty Labor monster for you. Aaaaaaaaaaaah shame .Ken Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:48 PM