- A last-ditch pitch to voters
- Brave victims snap attackers
- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Journalist Andrew Rule reports back from Afghanistan
Herald Sun Journalist Andew Rule has been on assignment in Afghanistan and joined Neil Mitchell from the war-torn country to detail some of his experiences.
LISTEN BELOW: Andrew Rule
Rule says the danger the diggers face is constantly evident but it really hit home before they embarked on a cross country trip from the Kabul main base to an artillery range along a road referred to as Highway 7.
"Before we left a senior intelligence officer gave us a briefing saying 'Look we've had some warnings that there are going to be some incidents this weekend. It’s a holy day, they are trying to make a point and we think they are going to use kids',”
“What he means is, if we were perhaps held up in the traffic, we would have to be aware of the thought that a child with a bomb strapped to them would walk out and blow themselves up" Rule told Neil Mitchell.
Rule says that of the troops he has met their is a common and constant belief that the Australian presence in Afghanistan is achieving positive results.
"One young bloke who is about 30, who has children of his own back in Australia, he said to me that it’s a 15-year project,"
"'We have to get to the children who are growing up here, and we have to prove to them that we are not bad people, and that there is a different way of life',"
"'If we can get all those kids realising that there is a different way and not to treat us with suspicion and not to hate infidels then we will have done our job', and he believes that they are getting to that" Rule told Neil Mitchell.
I don't like it when journalists go there thinking they're going to get the full picture when in fact they are simply getting the picture that the military wants to give them. That's not independent journalism.jason Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 2:40 PM
What a stinking dump this joint is.
I realise the Taliban has to be eliminated from there, but I should hate to have a member of my family over there.Faye Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 12:16 PM