- A last-ditch pitch to voters
- Brave victims snap attackers
- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Ken Lay blasts Facebook for lack of social responsibility
Chief Commissioner Ken Lay has blasted social media behemoth Facebook for its lack of social responsibility, after Victoria’s top cop revealed on the Neil Mitchell program earlier this week that repeated requests for pages which could jeopardise the legal proceedings involving Jill Meagher’s alleged killer had been denied.
While six pages prejudicial pages were removed during the week, it now appears the administrators of each page may have voluntarily removed the pages – without Facebook’s intervention.
Mr Lay said in turn for Facebook having a community 1 billion users to make money from, they have the social responsibility to invest in the community.
”(Facebook) is sucking an enormous amount of money out of the community, (but) isn't prepared to invest in that community by helping it stay safe and acting in an appropriate manner,” he said.
Facebook posted a $1.2 billion revenue in July this year in its first earnings report since its IPO.
”For Facebook to say to me: ‘well sorry, give me a court order and we'll think about it’, it just frustrates me,” Mr Lay said.
"That's just nonsense to me. If every business behaved like that, we'd be in a sorry state in this community."
Mr Lay said the initiative the Victorian community had shown in calling for the removal of pages which incited violence against Adrian Ernest Bayley, 41, the man accused of Jill Meagher’s rape and murder, and their subsequent removal, was promising.
Mr Lay described the pages as "offensive garbage".
”I just wonder when the users say enough is enough and this shouldn't be tolerated. That's when they'll (Facebook) see the light,” he said.
LISTEN: Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Ken Lay speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Sorry cannot find any offensive Jill Meagher on facebook, only condolence pages. Have Neil or any 3AW crew witnessed these apparent disturbing pages?Will Shepherd Monday 8 October, 2012 - 11:44 AM
Facebook has never shown me any lude or rude images, in fact it is not acceptable to show a woman breastfeeding on facebook. I havent seen the Jill thing as I have no interest apart from the dreadful crime that happened.
The GAWKERS make such pages possible.Will Shepherd Monday 8 October, 2012 - 11:33 AM
I don't think the Victorian Commissioner understands that his jurisdiction resides within Victoria only and not anywhere else. So unless he can find a legitimate legal reason to ask for a particular page take down. Than he should contact the relevant authority, but I can tell you right here that it's a complete waste of time to be an Internet crusader.
Offensive? Being offended is relative, because it's offensive to you, or the vocal minority, doesn't mean it's going to be taken down or should be taken down.
Does this fellow actually think that Facebook is the only social site on the Internet reporting about this particular news story? Are you going to take down each and every page? People expressing there emotions about particular person?
We live in the 21st century. Just because this sort of banter is expressed by on internet. The same is being done within people's homes, work, school. People are simply expressing themselves.Anthony Monday 8 October, 2012 - 1:21 AM
ken said facebook makes alot of money ha ha ha so do you cash register ken all under the banner of safety LOLbarry Friday 5 October, 2012 - 8:18 PM
Sorry I just don't get it excuse me if I seem ignorant but haven't the public got the right to vent their anger Facebook is a form of communication we couldn't vent our anger against vicious crimes in the 60s,70s,80s etc now its available can you blame us this manic confessed to the crime this is a form of control we don't care about the sub justice laws if it was the middle east it would be off with his head enough is enough by the way the judges don't help the public why should we help them.poptart Friday 5 October, 2012 - 6:58 PM
It is rather stupid of FB to say no,When they clearly close group pages and Games because people complain.
Why they feel they are above the law i don't understand.
Because they send one message to the public expecting to be adhered too
Yet Ignore serious requests from the Police WTF Get Real Face Bookjo Friday 5 October, 2012 - 11:24 AM