- Child attacked by stranger in park
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Officers face misconduct hearing
- Offensive graffiti to be removed
- AFLPA fires back at ASADA
- 'I hope I never have to do it again'
- Why your digital TV cuts out
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
King Street shooting victim calls for death penalty in domestic violence cases
The woman who was targeted in the 2007 King Street shooting has called for the death penalty to be applied to men who ‘specifically target vulnerable women’.
Kara Douglas was 24 when on 18th June, 2007, her then-boyfriend, Christopher Wayne Hudson, pulled a gun on her and two male bystanders who came to her aid, Brendan Keilar and Paul de Waard. Keilar died at the scene.
Ms Douglas managed to escape with her life, but said the scars remain.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Ms Douglas said while she didn't support capital punishment generally, she wanted to see it introduced ‘strictly in the case where men abuse women’.
"We're the more vulnerable sex in some circumstances,” she said.
"It's sending a message to anyone else out there who's thinking of doing it, that you know what, you're not going to get away with it.”
Neil Mitchell asked whether Ms Douglas only supported the execution of men, to which she said she would ‘absolutely’ support the execution of a woman as a penalty arising from domestic violence cases.
Ms Douglas declined to comment on whether her former boyfriend, Christopher Wayne Hudson, should face the death penalty.
Ms Douglas said she was forming her own foundation, the 'Beautiful Kaos Foundation' to help victims of domestic and dating violence. She said she formed the organisation as she found psychologists and counsellors to be out of touch when she was experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
LISTEN: Kara Douglas speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Hmmm so many men against the death penalty for sickening murders of innocent women, wonder why? maybe you men might change your mind if you were a female and fell into the hands of some sick deranged maniac!! what if was your daughter murdered? you may then feel it first hand!!scaredwomen Monday 3 December, 2012 - 4:59 PM
80% of people said yes to the
return of the death penalty
in Herald Sun poll on Nov 30.
However all I have ever heard
fron Neil is his own anti
view. I would like to have
someone on his show who speaks for the majority.
I am cetainly ready to do soJohn Martini Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:49 PM
Yet another damaged female corrupted by the masons and socially prostituted unknowingly and pushed along the path to the right.What happened to her was wrong..but it does not excuse the moralistic sneaky way that the masonic lodge have gained a further foothold by using people secretly..Usualy it is deserted wives, single parents etc coerced to provide information on jobs,peoples' habits etc .When is this moralism creep going to end.It will only end if we (THE NON MASONS)and the community(wherever) get the street wisdom,,not the street smarts,which will stop this in its tracks.. This ever so discreetly right wing stacked so called boys club,(bastian)or moreover bastards of moralityNo regard for self appointed moralists Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:10 PM
I see Neil Mitchell is up to his usual trick of promotong sexist double standards. So now it's only men who deserve to die and 3AW is giving this air time?Unbelieveable Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:52 AM
I totaly agree with Mandy.
This woman is just another
"female publicity seeking wanker" a bit like Mellisa George !!Tony Shea Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:23 AM
Any victim of any crime should be able to ask for the death sentence if a conviction occurs. What could possible go wrong? :pmylene Friday 30 November, 2012 - 8:11 AM