- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- Bob Carr: I didn't deceive Australians
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
King Street shooting victim calls for death penalty in domestic violence cases
The woman who was targeted in the 2007 King Street shooting has called for the death penalty to be applied to men who ‘specifically target vulnerable women’.
Kara Douglas was 24 when on 18th June, 2007, her then-boyfriend, Christopher Wayne Hudson, pulled a gun on her and two male bystanders who came to her aid, Brendan Keilar and Paul de Waard. Keilar died at the scene.
Ms Douglas managed to escape with her life, but said the scars remain.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Ms Douglas said while she didn't support capital punishment generally, she wanted to see it introduced ‘strictly in the case where men abuse women’.
"We're the more vulnerable sex in some circumstances,” she said.
"It's sending a message to anyone else out there who's thinking of doing it, that you know what, you're not going to get away with it.”
Neil Mitchell asked whether Ms Douglas only supported the execution of men, to which she said she would ‘absolutely’ support the execution of a woman as a penalty arising from domestic violence cases.
Ms Douglas declined to comment on whether her former boyfriend, Christopher Wayne Hudson, should face the death penalty.
Ms Douglas said she was forming her own foundation, the 'Beautiful Kaos Foundation' to help victims of domestic and dating violence. She said she formed the organisation as she found psychologists and counsellors to be out of touch when she was experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
LISTEN: Kara Douglas speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Hmmm so many men against the death penalty for sickening murders of innocent women, wonder why? maybe you men might change your mind if you were a female and fell into the hands of some sick deranged maniac!! what if was your daughter murdered? you may then feel it first hand!!scaredwomen Monday 3 December, 2012 - 4:59 PM
80% of people said yes to the
return of the death penalty
in Herald Sun poll on Nov 30.
However all I have ever heard
fron Neil is his own anti
view. I would like to have
someone on his show who speaks for the majority.
I am cetainly ready to do soJohn Martini Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:49 PM
Yet another damaged female corrupted by the masons and socially prostituted unknowingly and pushed along the path to the right.What happened to her was wrong..but it does not excuse the moralistic sneaky way that the masonic lodge have gained a further foothold by using people secretly..Usualy it is deserted wives, single parents etc coerced to provide information on jobs,peoples' habits etc .When is this moralism creep going to end.It will only end if we (THE NON MASONS)and the community(wherever) get the street wisdom,,not the street smarts,which will stop this in its tracks.. This ever so discreetly right wing stacked so called boys club,(bastian)or moreover bastards of moralityNo regard for self appointed moralists Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:10 PM
I see Neil Mitchell is up to his usual trick of promotong sexist double standards. So now it's only men who deserve to die and 3AW is giving this air time?Unbelieveable Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:52 AM
I totaly agree with Mandy.
This woman is just another
"female publicity seeking wanker" a bit like Mellisa George !!Tony Shea Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:23 AM
Any victim of any crime should be able to ask for the death sentence if a conviction occurs. What could possible go wrong? :pmylene Friday 30 November, 2012 - 8:11 AM