- Bill's no-brainer: 'We're in this together'
- 'It's very little time for taking a life'
- Kennett: 'This is sheer incompetence'
- Ice driving killer verdict 'not adequate'
- Good idea or just rubbish?
- 'It's complex': Mayor defends slow Sydney Rd CCTV installation
- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aaaa on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... It doesn't set a good example does it! Just proves how easily anyone can get away with a situation like this. They are ... more
- Lukew on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... What would be enough? more
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
King Street shooting victim calls for death penalty in domestic violence cases
The woman who was targeted in the 2007 King Street shooting has called for the death penalty to be applied to men who ‘specifically target vulnerable women’.
Kara Douglas was 24 when on 18th June, 2007, her then-boyfriend, Christopher Wayne Hudson, pulled a gun on her and two male bystanders who came to her aid, Brendan Keilar and Paul de Waard. Keilar died at the scene.
Ms Douglas managed to escape with her life, but said the scars remain.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Ms Douglas said while she didn't support capital punishment generally, she wanted to see it introduced ‘strictly in the case where men abuse women’.
"We're the more vulnerable sex in some circumstances,” she said.
"It's sending a message to anyone else out there who's thinking of doing it, that you know what, you're not going to get away with it.”
Neil Mitchell asked whether Ms Douglas only supported the execution of men, to which she said she would ‘absolutely’ support the execution of a woman as a penalty arising from domestic violence cases.
Ms Douglas declined to comment on whether her former boyfriend, Christopher Wayne Hudson, should face the death penalty.
Ms Douglas said she was forming her own foundation, the 'Beautiful Kaos Foundation' to help victims of domestic and dating violence. She said she formed the organisation as she found psychologists and counsellors to be out of touch when she was experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
LISTEN: Kara Douglas speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Hmmm so many men against the death penalty for sickening murders of innocent women, wonder why? maybe you men might change your mind if you were a female and fell into the hands of some sick deranged maniac!! what if was your daughter murdered? you may then feel it first hand!!scaredwomen Monday 3 December, 2012 - 4:59 PM
80% of people said yes to the
return of the death penalty
in Herald Sun poll on Nov 30.
However all I have ever heard
fron Neil is his own anti
view. I would like to have
someone on his show who speaks for the majority.
I am cetainly ready to do soJohn Martini Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:49 PM
Yet another damaged female corrupted by the masons and socially prostituted unknowingly and pushed along the path to the right.What happened to her was wrong..but it does not excuse the moralistic sneaky way that the masonic lodge have gained a further foothold by using people secretly..Usualy it is deserted wives, single parents etc coerced to provide information on jobs,peoples' habits etc .When is this moralism creep going to end.It will only end if we (THE NON MASONS)and the community(wherever) get the street wisdom,,not the street smarts,which will stop this in its tracks.. This ever so discreetly right wing stacked so called boys club,(bastian)or moreover bastards of moralityNo regard for self appointed moralists Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:10 PM
I see Neil Mitchell is up to his usual trick of promotong sexist double standards. So now it's only men who deserve to die and 3AW is giving this air time?Unbelieveable Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:52 AM
I totaly agree with Mandy.
This woman is just another
"female publicity seeking wanker" a bit like Mellisa George !!Tony Shea Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:23 AM
Any victim of any crime should be able to ask for the death sentence if a conviction occurs. What could possible go wrong? :pmylene Friday 30 November, 2012 - 8:11 AM