- A last-ditch pitch to voters
- Brave victims snap attackers
- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
King Street shooting victim calls for death penalty in domestic violence cases
The woman who was targeted in the 2007 King Street shooting has called for the death penalty to be applied to men who ‘specifically target vulnerable women’.
Kara Douglas was 24 when on 18th June, 2007, her then-boyfriend, Christopher Wayne Hudson, pulled a gun on her and two male bystanders who came to her aid, Brendan Keilar and Paul de Waard. Keilar died at the scene.
Ms Douglas managed to escape with her life, but said the scars remain.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Ms Douglas said while she didn't support capital punishment generally, she wanted to see it introduced ‘strictly in the case where men abuse women’.
"We're the more vulnerable sex in some circumstances,” she said.
"It's sending a message to anyone else out there who's thinking of doing it, that you know what, you're not going to get away with it.”
Neil Mitchell asked whether Ms Douglas only supported the execution of men, to which she said she would ‘absolutely’ support the execution of a woman as a penalty arising from domestic violence cases.
Ms Douglas declined to comment on whether her former boyfriend, Christopher Wayne Hudson, should face the death penalty.
Ms Douglas said she was forming her own foundation, the 'Beautiful Kaos Foundation' to help victims of domestic and dating violence. She said she formed the organisation as she found psychologists and counsellors to be out of touch when she was experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
LISTEN: Kara Douglas speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Hmmm so many men against the death penalty for sickening murders of innocent women, wonder why? maybe you men might change your mind if you were a female and fell into the hands of some sick deranged maniac!! what if was your daughter murdered? you may then feel it first hand!!scaredwomen Monday 3 December, 2012 - 4:59 PM
80% of people said yes to the
return of the death penalty
in Herald Sun poll on Nov 30.
However all I have ever heard
fron Neil is his own anti
view. I would like to have
someone on his show who speaks for the majority.
I am cetainly ready to do soJohn Martini Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:49 PM
Yet another damaged female corrupted by the masons and socially prostituted unknowingly and pushed along the path to the right.What happened to her was wrong..but it does not excuse the moralistic sneaky way that the masonic lodge have gained a further foothold by using people secretly..Usualy it is deserted wives, single parents etc coerced to provide information on jobs,peoples' habits etc .When is this moralism creep going to end.It will only end if we (THE NON MASONS)and the community(wherever) get the street wisdom,,not the street smarts,which will stop this in its tracks.. This ever so discreetly right wing stacked so called boys club,(bastian)or moreover bastards of moralityNo regard for self appointed moralists Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:10 PM
I see Neil Mitchell is up to his usual trick of promotong sexist double standards. So now it's only men who deserve to die and 3AW is giving this air time?Unbelieveable Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:52 AM
I totaly agree with Mandy.
This woman is just another
"female publicity seeking wanker" a bit like Mellisa George !!Tony Shea Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:23 AM
Any victim of any crime should be able to ask for the death sentence if a conviction occurs. What could possible go wrong? :pmylene Friday 30 November, 2012 - 8:11 AM