- Racial abuse on the rise
- Why demean Gallipoli?
- 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament'
- Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal with James Hird and Essendon
- 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is back'
- Mandate for Abbott?
- Fairfield station's new holding cell
- Zac Young's story to live on
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Can't believe the vitriol levelled at Andrew, he is telling the truth and if Essendon or some benefactor is paying Hird he ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... DOES THIS 2 MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR MAN REALLY KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS more
- mylene on Why demean Gallipoli? Keating did really well in the ratings and was never out of the top 10. Maybe they could follow it up with Andrew Bolt ... more
- JamesD on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Herald continues with banner headlines on AFL & Demetriou - during the year Fairfax seemed to know lot more about issue. Is ... more
- Robert Rich on 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is ... I believe if James Hird took the AFL to court he would have won what a joke sack Andrew more
- Maureen on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' He was found NOT guilty of anything and has left plenty of egg on the face of Mitchell, the Herald Sun and feral Labor ... more
- Matthew on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... I wonder how Demetriou will cope in jail? Because that's what this is all about, he is facing a jail sentence if found ... more
- Jake on Why demean Gallipoli? Would anyone expect different of bagman Keating? more
- Jake on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... This is not about integrity and doing teh right thing. Rather it is about protecting the AFL brand and for Andrew ... more
- Jake on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' That Shaw is a disgrace is not in question But I disagree that he should resign. Let the ballot box decide at the next ... more
- mylene on Mandate for Abbott? "One blue"?? He's tried to start conflict with both Indonesia and China and sent ASIO after Aussie lawyers. If the rest of ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why demean Gallipoli? @Milton posting - yes an excellent comment indeed. Maybe we right thinking voters should have a Hall of Shame in the ... more
- Tim on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... So what's the threat tape that's been rumoured??I doubt Demetrio will survive this and he should take Wilson with him. more
- Albert chapman on Why demean Gallipoli? Neil Gallipoli is important in our history but not the "Birth of the Nation". I believe the event of December 1854 at Eureka ... more
- nat carr on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... If no Essendon player is stood down for taking illegal drugs then Essendon and the AFL have done the deal . more
- Greg on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' Australia is far too lenient when it comes to Politicians indiscretions.That's why they all rort the system.When it comes to ... more
- Willow on Why demean Gallipoli? I have always detested Keating and believe that he and Hawke were/are both evil men. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Gloria, more fool you if you believe Andrew D. AD is a criminal himself. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Craig, this story has nothing to do with what Essendon may or may not have done. It has ALL to do with how dodgy the AFL ... more
- Samuel J on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' This is but another glaring example of our foolhardy judicial system being off the rails and in urgent need of a complete ... more
King Street shooting victim calls for death penalty in domestic violence cases
The woman who was targeted in the 2007 King Street shooting has called for the death penalty to be applied to men who ‘specifically target vulnerable women’.
Kara Douglas was 24 when on 18th June, 2007, her then-boyfriend, Christopher Wayne Hudson, pulled a gun on her and two male bystanders who came to her aid, Brendan Keilar and Paul de Waard. Keilar died at the scene.
Ms Douglas managed to escape with her life, but said the scars remain.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Ms Douglas said while she didn't support capital punishment generally, she wanted to see it introduced ‘strictly in the case where men abuse women’.
"We're the more vulnerable sex in some circumstances,” she said.
"It's sending a message to anyone else out there who's thinking of doing it, that you know what, you're not going to get away with it.”
Neil Mitchell asked whether Ms Douglas only supported the execution of men, to which she said she would ‘absolutely’ support the execution of a woman as a penalty arising from domestic violence cases.
Ms Douglas declined to comment on whether her former boyfriend, Christopher Wayne Hudson, should face the death penalty.
Ms Douglas said she was forming her own foundation, the 'Beautiful Kaos Foundation' to help victims of domestic and dating violence. She said she formed the organisation as she found psychologists and counsellors to be out of touch when she was experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
LISTEN: Kara Douglas speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Hmmm so many men against the death penalty for sickening murders of innocent women, wonder why? maybe you men might change your mind if you were a female and fell into the hands of some sick deranged maniac!! what if was your daughter murdered? you may then feel it first hand!!scaredwomen Monday 3 December, 2012 - 4:59 PM
80% of people said yes to the
return of the death penalty
in Herald Sun poll on Nov 30.
However all I have ever heard
fron Neil is his own anti
view. I would like to have
someone on his show who speaks for the majority.
I am cetainly ready to do soJohn Martini Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:49 PM
Yet another damaged female corrupted by the masons and socially prostituted unknowingly and pushed along the path to the right.What happened to her was wrong..but it does not excuse the moralistic sneaky way that the masonic lodge have gained a further foothold by using people secretly..Usualy it is deserted wives, single parents etc coerced to provide information on jobs,peoples' habits etc .When is this moralism creep going to end.It will only end if we (THE NON MASONS)and the community(wherever) get the street wisdom,,not the street smarts,which will stop this in its tracks.. This ever so discreetly right wing stacked so called boys club,(bastian)or moreover bastards of moralityNo regard for self appointed moralists Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:10 PM
I see Neil Mitchell is up to his usual trick of promotong sexist double standards. So now it's only men who deserve to die and 3AW is giving this air time?Unbelieveable Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:52 AM
I totaly agree with Mandy.
This woman is just another
"female publicity seeking wanker" a bit like Mellisa George !!Tony Shea Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:23 AM
Any victim of any crime should be able to ask for the death sentence if a conviction occurs. What could possible go wrong? :pmylene Friday 30 November, 2012 - 8:11 AM