- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- Melbourne's rail horror
- Beach rules are a dog's breakfast
- East West protestors vow to continue fight
- Setting the record Strait
- Tyler Fishlock gets the 'all clear'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
- PH on Hinch freed from jail sans beard My first though looking at that photo was Darren James in 30 years time. more
- Pat Heuvel on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Definitely not the right thing to do. You want to crack down on someone? crack down on the ones that use their phones while ... more
- darrin on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn your lucky i know people have had to spend 1 day per $100 but i guess like most people with some fame to there name ... more
- Sarah on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truck drivers are constantly speeding on the roads I travel. I have watched a truck in front of me lose control and jack ... more
- joe on 'We need to get tough on truckies' I think a good idea for the point system on your licence is that the first 4 points are normal fines. Then next 4 points are ... more
- Russell Watts on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Neil, it should not matter if you are a truck driver or not, if you lose 12 points then you lose your licence. But the laws ... more
- Andrew on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Hi Neil. Why not extend fines to trucking companies as well as drivers? Truck company gets the same fine as the driver? Or a ... more
- poppitt on 'We need to get tough on truckies' They are supposed to be professional drivers, they are supposed to know the law. I think most truck drivers are fantastic ... more
- poppitt on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... Everything packaged or not should be labelled. It is not enough for the customer to ask, my son has gluten intolernace, asks ... more
- Wendy on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... How ridiculous not having to label fresh salad ingredients by law! It's still got ingredients and someone is still going to ... more
- Hazel Finney on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Bass Coast Council brought this ban through without proper consultation from the public. more
- Olga on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast We pay to camp on the foreshore on the peninsula where dogs can roam all day. They pee on our towels our kids are scared. ... more
- Aria Judilla on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Forget the beaches, we can't even take our kids to the park anymore because of the dogs that run up to them and paw them and ... more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast NO CONFIDENCE in the Bass Coast council more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Dogs on a lead at all times along Inverloch beach. Fine then $500 Bass Coast. We got a new Council full of spin and lies and ... more
- ian on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Have you ever sat near or on dog POO. more
Labradoodle creator needs new hip
IMAGE: Screengrab of Wally Conron's interview with 60 Minutes New Zealand (INSET: Labradoodle puppies)
The Australian inventor of the Labradoodle has been waiting years for a hip replacement.
Melbourne native Wally Conron, who's now 83, developed the Labrador-Poodle cross when he was working for Guide Dogs Australia.
He wanted to develop a breed suitable for vision-impaired people with allergies.
Wally Conron told Neil Mitchell while the breed he's developed helps people stay mobile, he's lost his down mobility waiting four years for a new hip.
The humble dog-lover contacted the Neil Mitchell Program a few days ago about his predicament.
"For four years I've been seeing Doctors and keep being told to come back and see others specialists and GP's," Wally said.
"I've given so many people mobility with the labradoodle and as soon as I have an ailment myself, I get fogged off."
Neil pointed out that If Wally had 10 cents for every labradoodle in the world right now he would've gotten that hip a long time ago.
Oddly enough, Wally owns a Labrador.
Listen to his interview below.
PLAY: Wally Conron, creator of the labradoodle, needs a new hip
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS: "We've reached a new level of political correctness. Racing authorities have banned the name of a horse here in Victoria because it's racist. What else do we ban? The White House, Yellow Fever, kiwi fruit?