- When two 'ego maniacs' collide
- VicRoads battle: 'It's not my fine'
- New suburbs to be named after Anzacs
- Rosie Batty sent 'obscene' hate mail
- Get kids off this 'digital meat market'
- Australia's new airplanes are "horrendous lemons"
- 'I'm not good, my mum's dead': Donations flood for struggling kids
- 'Stop exploiting Anzac Day'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Andrew on Australia's new airplanes are ... The picture associated with this article is not an f-35. more
- Ben on 'I'm not good, my mum's dead': ... Our thoughts go to the family and children of Fiona. Kindess and support is what these children will need in the long run. ... more
- Tracy Tot on 'Stop exploiting Anzac Day' Wrong and totally disrespectful to our diggers , have a party but don't use the uniform or anzacs to promote it. more
- lw ross on 'Stop exploiting Anzac Day' But exploiting easter is ok more
- John wright on 'Stop exploiting Anzac Day' I completely agree with Neil, it's a very sobering day of sadness and realisation people died to keep and protect what we ... more
- Maree on 'Stop exploiting Anzac Day' yhese people have no respect for anything not even themselves. more
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
Laurie Oakes joins Neil Mitchell
Neil Mitchell has announced that respected political commentator Laurie Oakes joined the 3AW program as a regular on Wednesday, July 13.
Oakes has the opportunity to set his own agenda, which in all likelihood will probably set the media's political agenda for the day.
As an introduction to Oakes and Mitchell's segment, listen to their recent chat below which came after the former released his latest book.
His first segment is auto-playing below.
REPLAY: Neil Mitchell said after his interview with political doyen Laurie Oakes 'journalism students could learn more from Laurie's book than they would in three years at university'. It was a really fascinating chat and a must-listen for sure.
VIDEO: "In the end will it really make any difference to climate change? All the risk, all the uncertainty ... in the end I think we (Australia) are too small." Watch Julia Gillard with Neil Mitchell.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Neil Mitchel needs to have a Liberal Journalist to counter the Labor bias of Journalist Laurie Oaks.gill Sunday 17 July, 2011 - 10:42 AM
Gotta love Laurie Oakes....especially when Neil asked him who he thought was the best politician to interview....Laurie replies Paul Keating, explaining why...Neil Mitchell did not say a word....funny as !! Guess Neil is still hurting over Keatings refusal to ever appear on his program....lol !!Tony Shold Friday 15 July, 2011 - 12:13 AM
l don`t believe we need to have another election over the carbon tax, after all the librals would`ent give us one.Tony needs trying scare people, he has not given us thier alturetive.heather Thursday 14 July, 2011 - 12:16 PM
Laurie,is very good to listen to,he should be on longer,bit less of Neil Mitchell~!!Steve Wednesday 13 July, 2011 - 7:30 PM
Andrea: That is not fair, he is not a dill, he is a raving bumbling idiot.Milton Wednesday 13 July, 2011 - 12:05 PM
Fantastic news. Laurie Oaks on the Neil Mitchell programme. Best news to date in 2011.peter lesuey Wednesday 13 July, 2011 - 11:51 AM