- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- Melbourne's rail horror
- Beach rules are a dog's breakfast
- East West protestors vow to continue fight
- Setting the record Strait
- Tyler Fishlock gets the 'all clear'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
- PH on Hinch freed from jail sans beard My first though looking at that photo was Darren James in 30 years time. more
- Pat Heuvel on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Definitely not the right thing to do. You want to crack down on someone? crack down on the ones that use their phones while ... more
- darrin on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn your lucky i know people have had to spend 1 day per $100 but i guess like most people with some fame to there name ... more
- Sarah on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truck drivers are constantly speeding on the roads I travel. I have watched a truck in front of me lose control and jack ... more
- joe on 'We need to get tough on truckies' I think a good idea for the point system on your licence is that the first 4 points are normal fines. Then next 4 points are ... more
- Russell Watts on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Neil, it should not matter if you are a truck driver or not, if you lose 12 points then you lose your licence. But the laws ... more
- Andrew on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Hi Neil. Why not extend fines to trucking companies as well as drivers? Truck company gets the same fine as the driver? Or a ... more
- poppitt on 'We need to get tough on truckies' They are supposed to be professional drivers, they are supposed to know the law. I think most truck drivers are fantastic ... more
- poppitt on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... Everything packaged or not should be labelled. It is not enough for the customer to ask, my son has gluten intolernace, asks ... more
- Wendy on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... How ridiculous not having to label fresh salad ingredients by law! It's still got ingredients and someone is still going to ... more
- Hazel Finney on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Bass Coast Council brought this ban through without proper consultation from the public. more
- Olga on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast We pay to camp on the foreshore on the peninsula where dogs can roam all day. They pee on our towels our kids are scared. ... more
- Aria Judilla on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Forget the beaches, we can't even take our kids to the park anymore because of the dogs that run up to them and paw them and ... more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast NO CONFIDENCE in the Bass Coast council more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Dogs on a lead at all times along Inverloch beach. Fine then $500 Bass Coast. We got a new Council full of spin and lies and ... more
- ian on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Have you ever sat near or on dog POO. more
Laurie Oakes joins Neil Mitchell
Neil Mitchell has announced that respected political commentator Laurie Oakes joined the 3AW program as a regular on Wednesday, July 13.
Oakes has the opportunity to set his own agenda, which in all likelihood will probably set the media's political agenda for the day.
As an introduction to Oakes and Mitchell's segment, listen to their recent chat below which came after the former released his latest book.
His first segment is auto-playing below.
REPLAY: Neil Mitchell said after his interview with political doyen Laurie Oakes 'journalism students could learn more from Laurie's book than they would in three years at university'. It was a really fascinating chat and a must-listen for sure.
VIDEO: "In the end will it really make any difference to climate change? All the risk, all the uncertainty ... in the end I think we (Australia) are too small." Watch Julia Gillard with Neil Mitchell.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Neil Mitchel needs to have a Liberal Journalist to counter the Labor bias of Journalist Laurie Oaks.gill Sunday 17 July, 2011 - 10:42 AM
Gotta love Laurie Oakes....especially when Neil asked him who he thought was the best politician to interview....Laurie replies Paul Keating, explaining why...Neil Mitchell did not say a word....funny as !! Guess Neil is still hurting over Keatings refusal to ever appear on his program....lol !!Tony Shold Friday 15 July, 2011 - 12:13 AM
l don`t believe we need to have another election over the carbon tax, after all the librals would`ent give us one.Tony needs trying scare people, he has not given us thier alturetive.heather Thursday 14 July, 2011 - 12:16 PM
Laurie,is very good to listen to,he should be on longer,bit less of Neil Mitchell~!!Steve Wednesday 13 July, 2011 - 7:30 PM
Andrea: That is not fair, he is not a dill, he is a raving bumbling idiot.Milton Wednesday 13 July, 2011 - 12:05 PM
Fantastic news. Laurie Oaks on the Neil Mitchell programme. Best news to date in 2011.peter lesuey Wednesday 13 July, 2011 - 11:51 AM