- Take away Camilleri's privileges
- Racial abuse on the rise
- Why demean Gallipoli?
- 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament'
- Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal with James Hird and Essendon
- 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is back'
- Mandate for Abbott?
- Fairfield station's new holding cell
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- BRENDA on Black Saturday survivor: The money's ... something to consider, people. While the fire victims need counselling many veterans from Afghanistan and other places who ... more
- Gloria on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Can't believe the vitriol levelled at Andrew, he is telling the truth and if Essendon or some benefactor is paying Hird he ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... DOES THIS 2 MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR MAN REALLY KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS more
- mylene on Why demean Gallipoli? Keating did really well in the ratings and was never out of the top 10. Maybe they could follow it up with Andrew Bolt ... more
- JamesD on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Herald continues with banner headlines on AFL & Demetriou - during the year Fairfax seemed to know lot more about issue. Is ... more
- Robert Rich on 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is ... I believe if James Hird took the AFL to court he would have won what a joke sack Andrew more
- Maureen on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' He was found NOT guilty of anything and has left plenty of egg on the face of Mitchell, the Herald Sun and feral Labor ... more
- Matthew on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... I wonder how Demetriou will cope in jail? Because that's what this is all about, he is facing a jail sentence if found ... more
- Jake on Why demean Gallipoli? Would anyone expect different of bagman Keating? more
- Jake on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... This is not about integrity and doing teh right thing. Rather it is about protecting the AFL brand and for Andrew ... more
- Jake on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' That Shaw is a disgrace is not in question But I disagree that he should resign. Let the ballot box decide at the next ... more
- mylene on Mandate for Abbott? "One blue"?? He's tried to start conflict with both Indonesia and China and sent ASIO after Aussie lawyers. If the rest of ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why demean Gallipoli? @Milton posting - yes an excellent comment indeed. Maybe we right thinking voters should have a Hall of Shame in the ... more
- Tim on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... So what's the threat tape that's been rumoured??I doubt Demetrio will survive this and he should take Wilson with him. more
- Albert chapman on Why demean Gallipoli? Neil Gallipoli is important in our history but not the "Birth of the Nation". I believe the event of December 1854 at Eureka ... more
- nat carr on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... If no Essendon player is stood down for taking illegal drugs then Essendon and the AFL have done the deal . more
- Greg on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' Australia is far too lenient when it comes to Politicians indiscretions.That's why they all rort the system.When it comes to ... more
- Willow on Why demean Gallipoli? I have always detested Keating and believe that he and Hawke were/are both evil men. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Gloria, more fool you if you believe Andrew D. AD is a criminal himself. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Craig, this story has nothing to do with what Essendon may or may not have done. It has ALL to do with how dodgy the AFL ... more
Laurie Oakes joins Neil Mitchell
Neil Mitchell has announced that respected political commentator Laurie Oakes joined the 3AW program as a regular on Wednesday, July 13.
Oakes has the opportunity to set his own agenda, which in all likelihood will probably set the media's political agenda for the day.
As an introduction to Oakes and Mitchell's segment, listen to their recent chat below which came after the former released his latest book.
His first segment is auto-playing below.
REPLAY: Neil Mitchell said after his interview with political doyen Laurie Oakes 'journalism students could learn more from Laurie's book than they would in three years at university'. It was a really fascinating chat and a must-listen for sure.
VIDEO: "In the end will it really make any difference to climate change? All the risk, all the uncertainty ... in the end I think we (Australia) are too small." Watch Julia Gillard with Neil Mitchell.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Neil Mitchel needs to have a Liberal Journalist to counter the Labor bias of Journalist Laurie Oaks.gill Sunday 17 July, 2011 - 10:42 AM
Gotta love Laurie Oakes....especially when Neil asked him who he thought was the best politician to interview....Laurie replies Paul Keating, explaining why...Neil Mitchell did not say a word....funny as !! Guess Neil is still hurting over Keatings refusal to ever appear on his program....lol !!Tony Shold Friday 15 July, 2011 - 12:13 AM
l don`t believe we need to have another election over the carbon tax, after all the librals would`ent give us one.Tony needs trying scare people, he has not given us thier alturetive.heather Thursday 14 July, 2011 - 12:16 PM
Laurie,is very good to listen to,he should be on longer,bit less of Neil Mitchell~!!Steve Wednesday 13 July, 2011 - 7:30 PM
Andrea: That is not fair, he is not a dill, he is a raving bumbling idiot.Milton Wednesday 13 July, 2011 - 12:05 PM
Fantastic news. Laurie Oaks on the Neil Mitchell programme. Best news to date in 2011.peter lesuey Wednesday 13 July, 2011 - 11:51 AM