- Child attacked by stranger in park
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Officers face misconduct hearing
- Offensive graffiti to be removed
- AFLPA fires back at ASADA
- 'I hope I never have to do it again'
- Why your digital TV cuts out
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
Lindsay Tanner criticises ALP's decision to dump Kevin Rudd
Former senior Labor Minister Lindsay Tanner has criticised his party’s decision to dump Kevin Rudd as Prime Minister in 2010, saying he holds concerns about the future of the Labor Party.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Mr Tanner said the sacking of Mr Rudd has made all future Prime Ministers vulnerable.
”The way politics now works drives very short-term decision making and drives endless posturing making to the crowd rather than making serious long-term decisions,” he said.
”One of the reasons I'm unhappy with the decision that was taken to remove Kevin Rudd was that I think that creates a scenario where Prime Ministers, like opposition leaders have known for years, know that they can be removed at very short notice after a few bad opinion polls, and that's inevitably going to alter how they do their job.”
Mr Tanner said he ‘disagreed completely’ with some of his former Labor colleagues that claimed the Rudd-led government was ‘totally dysfunctional’.
”Yes, there were issues, there were problems, there were things that could've been handled differently. There's always going to be stuff of that nature,” he said.
”There's an obvious question here - Kevin Rudd's style didn't change in the 2.5 years he was Prime Minister. Why was nothing done about it beforehand?
”Well the answer was because he was riding high in the polls. The decision to remove him was overwhelmingly a product of opinion polls souring and people suddenly thinking there was a risk of Labor losing government.”
Mr Tanner said there were some legitimate issues with Rudd’s government, but they were ‘massively exaggerated’.
LISTEN: Former ALP Minister Lindsay Tanner speaks with Neil Mitchell:
If Leigh Sales had any credibility before, it's all gone now. What an idiot.Fred Sunday 30 September, 2012 - 12:27 AM
Wow, just watched Leigh Sales maul Mr Tanner on the ABC 7.30 Report. Oh boy did she get stuck into him, good on you Lindsay you stood your ground. Don't usually watch 7.30 Report as can't stand Sales but was waiting for QI and just happened to catch this. She is a bloody rotwieller and leaves Kerry Kerry for dead in flogging a dead horse, at least he knew when to change the tone of the interview she just makes herself look like an idiot.gloria Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 8:04 PM
I would like to ask Mr Tanner if there's any truth that Kevin Rudd was also dumped because he attacked Israel when Israeli agents used Australian passports? As a result the Zionist lobby threatened to withdraw funding for the ALP. Enquiring minds want to know...Enquiring Minds Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 7:46 PM
Well put Tanner.Unlike most Labor voters ?? you call a spade.IAN Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 12:47 PM