- Fuel discount ban will save prices
- Gay couple marry despite expected challenge
- Qantas ads 'political spin'
- Christmas cheer for young Rhyan
- Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl
- Take away Camilleri's privileges
- Racial abuse on the rise
- Why demean Gallipoli?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mcallaway on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl This isnt the first time and probably not the last its appalling to see 5 big blokes(thugs in uniform) turn to this type off ... more
- Stephen on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Slamming a 15 year old girl to the floor is reasonable force. she may have been in wrong but really? Minister sorry no ... more
- John on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl The girls were pretty feral etc and did the wrong thing re: ticket. But I'm not convinced anyone deserves to be treated like ... more
- release the hounds on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Quick call out the hired thugs. looks like a teen girl is travelling without a ticket. now thats really are isn't it. ... more
- Paul Chandler on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Read the transport act which states that a fare may be paid before, during or after a journey. Inspectors should offer that ... more
- Mark on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl One of the girls spat in the face of the poor man simply trying to do his job. I put it to any one of the do-gooders ... more
- yvonne on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl If you give no respect you get no recept simple...Oh it's always someone else's fault. Buy a ticket.. Simple... more
- Jan Lannan on Christmas cheer for young Rhyan This person deserves some kindness she has her hands full with her young boy & his problems hope this will make it a ... more
- Steve on Qantas ads 'political spin' The unions have ripped the guts out of Qantas let them prop them up instead of the tax payer>! more
- bc on Qantas ads 'political spin' so much spin and bull tish all they have to do is cancel 1 new aircraft and guess what their level thats how easy it is ti ... more
- Lukew on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl I agree that this is an over reaction, but there has to be some way to deal with this complete lack of respect. The ... more
- Libby on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Simply buying a ticket will help avoid this response from staff who are charged with the responsibility to put into effect a ... more
- Gazza on Qantas ads 'political spin' Management need to take pay cuts and give workers pay rises to lift productivity........ more
- Mandii on Christmas cheer for young Rhyan Thanks everyone for your support for rhyan Jeremy is donating rhyan a new bike and we are now saving for a shed to lock his ... more
- Alvin on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl I think the ticket inspector shouldn't given an authority to use the force to the customer. If you look at the metro system ... more
- tim on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl These 'Clockwork Orange' thugs are licensed bullies. How about some perspective? Yet again we have a commuter being ... more
- mick on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl No undue force was used and she was assaulting the railway security personal in resisting arrest. Police would have tasered ... more
- Ben on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl To be body slammed over a ticket it's a Joke, in all my years I've never seen a police officer do a body slam on a child ... more
- G. Gaters on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl And on top of all this, remember that any undeducted fares on 31st Dec. will be deducted from your Myki card at the higher ... more
- James on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Slopping work given how many officers were standing around. She shouldn't have gotten through the unmanned gate in the first ... more
Lindsay Tanner criticises ALP's decision to dump Kevin Rudd
Former senior Labor Minister Lindsay Tanner has criticised his party’s decision to dump Kevin Rudd as Prime Minister in 2010, saying he holds concerns about the future of the Labor Party.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Mr Tanner said the sacking of Mr Rudd has made all future Prime Ministers vulnerable.
”The way politics now works drives very short-term decision making and drives endless posturing making to the crowd rather than making serious long-term decisions,” he said.
”One of the reasons I'm unhappy with the decision that was taken to remove Kevin Rudd was that I think that creates a scenario where Prime Ministers, like opposition leaders have known for years, know that they can be removed at very short notice after a few bad opinion polls, and that's inevitably going to alter how they do their job.”
Mr Tanner said he ‘disagreed completely’ with some of his former Labor colleagues that claimed the Rudd-led government was ‘totally dysfunctional’.
”Yes, there were issues, there were problems, there were things that could've been handled differently. There's always going to be stuff of that nature,” he said.
”There's an obvious question here - Kevin Rudd's style didn't change in the 2.5 years he was Prime Minister. Why was nothing done about it beforehand?
”Well the answer was because he was riding high in the polls. The decision to remove him was overwhelmingly a product of opinion polls souring and people suddenly thinking there was a risk of Labor losing government.”
Mr Tanner said there were some legitimate issues with Rudd’s government, but they were ‘massively exaggerated’.
LISTEN: Former ALP Minister Lindsay Tanner speaks with Neil Mitchell:
If Leigh Sales had any credibility before, it's all gone now. What an idiot.Fred Sunday 30 September, 2012 - 12:27 AM
Wow, just watched Leigh Sales maul Mr Tanner on the ABC 7.30 Report. Oh boy did she get stuck into him, good on you Lindsay you stood your ground. Don't usually watch 7.30 Report as can't stand Sales but was waiting for QI and just happened to catch this. She is a bloody rotwieller and leaves Kerry Kerry for dead in flogging a dead horse, at least he knew when to change the tone of the interview she just makes herself look like an idiot.gloria Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 8:04 PM
I would like to ask Mr Tanner if there's any truth that Kevin Rudd was also dumped because he attacked Israel when Israeli agents used Australian passports? As a result the Zionist lobby threatened to withdraw funding for the ALP. Enquiring minds want to know...Enquiring Minds Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 7:46 PM
Well put Tanner.Unlike most Labor voters ?? you call a spade.IAN Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 12:47 PM