- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- Calls to legalise marijuana
- ABC work-ethic 'shocking': Former manager
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Lindsay Tanner criticises ALP's decision to dump Kevin Rudd
Former senior Labor Minister Lindsay Tanner has criticised his party’s decision to dump Kevin Rudd as Prime Minister in 2010, saying he holds concerns about the future of the Labor Party.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Mr Tanner said the sacking of Mr Rudd has made all future Prime Ministers vulnerable.
”The way politics now works drives very short-term decision making and drives endless posturing making to the crowd rather than making serious long-term decisions,” he said.
”One of the reasons I'm unhappy with the decision that was taken to remove Kevin Rudd was that I think that creates a scenario where Prime Ministers, like opposition leaders have known for years, know that they can be removed at very short notice after a few bad opinion polls, and that's inevitably going to alter how they do their job.”
Mr Tanner said he ‘disagreed completely’ with some of his former Labor colleagues that claimed the Rudd-led government was ‘totally dysfunctional’.
”Yes, there were issues, there were problems, there were things that could've been handled differently. There's always going to be stuff of that nature,” he said.
”There's an obvious question here - Kevin Rudd's style didn't change in the 2.5 years he was Prime Minister. Why was nothing done about it beforehand?
”Well the answer was because he was riding high in the polls. The decision to remove him was overwhelmingly a product of opinion polls souring and people suddenly thinking there was a risk of Labor losing government.”
Mr Tanner said there were some legitimate issues with Rudd’s government, but they were ‘massively exaggerated’.
LISTEN: Former ALP Minister Lindsay Tanner speaks with Neil Mitchell:
If Leigh Sales had any credibility before, it's all gone now. What an idiot.Fred Sunday 30 September, 2012 - 12:27 AM
Wow, just watched Leigh Sales maul Mr Tanner on the ABC 7.30 Report. Oh boy did she get stuck into him, good on you Lindsay you stood your ground. Don't usually watch 7.30 Report as can't stand Sales but was waiting for QI and just happened to catch this. She is a bloody rotwieller and leaves Kerry Kerry for dead in flogging a dead horse, at least he knew when to change the tone of the interview she just makes herself look like an idiot.gloria Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 8:04 PM
I would like to ask Mr Tanner if there's any truth that Kevin Rudd was also dumped because he attacked Israel when Israeli agents used Australian passports? As a result the Zionist lobby threatened to withdraw funding for the ALP. Enquiring minds want to know...Enquiring Minds Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 7:46 PM
Well put Tanner.Unlike most Labor voters ?? you call a spade.IAN Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 12:47 PM