- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- 'There’s mortars going off now in Donetsk'
- 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills'
- 'Show some backbone': Napthine's message to UN, Putin
- Vandals target CFA stations
- Cadel Evans launches Geelong race
- Sky-rise phase to 'taper off'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
- Nooky Hayes on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' How do you think Harry's wife feels when BT can say this and everyone say's don't worry about it. more
- Donna Grant on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' His comments were homophobic and unpleasant. Why can't he just behave like a grown up person.I usually listen to 3 AW on the ... more
- Gloria on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' It's about time homosexuals got over themselves and developed a sense of humour. I have never forgiven them for pinching the ... more
- Jan Widdop on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy Cute puppy, enjoy him! more
- Georgia on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy Lighten up Gloss, it's a happy subject. Don't be such a sourpuss. Cute puppy Neil more
- PJ on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy And there's me thinking he'd been sent away for 'Lefty Training' to compete with Jon.Anyone that loves dogs is fundamentally ... more
- mylene on Thorpe's sexuality 'never an issue' I didn't watch any of those shows. Silent Witness and The Tunnel rule in my house. more
- Gloss on Thorpe's sexuality 'never an issue' None of us are shocked, we all knew long ago. more
- Gloss on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy Don't think this dog is 'cute', he has a very sad eyes. Have to question why so many comments are printed about a dog when ... more
Lindsay Tanner criticises ALP's decision to dump Kevin Rudd
Former senior Labor Minister Lindsay Tanner has criticised his party’s decision to dump Kevin Rudd as Prime Minister in 2010, saying he holds concerns about the future of the Labor Party.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Mr Tanner said the sacking of Mr Rudd has made all future Prime Ministers vulnerable.
”The way politics now works drives very short-term decision making and drives endless posturing making to the crowd rather than making serious long-term decisions,” he said.
”One of the reasons I'm unhappy with the decision that was taken to remove Kevin Rudd was that I think that creates a scenario where Prime Ministers, like opposition leaders have known for years, know that they can be removed at very short notice after a few bad opinion polls, and that's inevitably going to alter how they do their job.”
Mr Tanner said he ‘disagreed completely’ with some of his former Labor colleagues that claimed the Rudd-led government was ‘totally dysfunctional’.
”Yes, there were issues, there were problems, there were things that could've been handled differently. There's always going to be stuff of that nature,” he said.
”There's an obvious question here - Kevin Rudd's style didn't change in the 2.5 years he was Prime Minister. Why was nothing done about it beforehand?
”Well the answer was because he was riding high in the polls. The decision to remove him was overwhelmingly a product of opinion polls souring and people suddenly thinking there was a risk of Labor losing government.”
Mr Tanner said there were some legitimate issues with Rudd’s government, but they were ‘massively exaggerated’.
LISTEN: Former ALP Minister Lindsay Tanner speaks with Neil Mitchell:
If Leigh Sales had any credibility before, it's all gone now. What an idiot.Fred Sunday 30 September, 2012 - 12:27 AM
Wow, just watched Leigh Sales maul Mr Tanner on the ABC 7.30 Report. Oh boy did she get stuck into him, good on you Lindsay you stood your ground. Don't usually watch 7.30 Report as can't stand Sales but was waiting for QI and just happened to catch this. She is a bloody rotwieller and leaves Kerry Kerry for dead in flogging a dead horse, at least he knew when to change the tone of the interview she just makes herself look like an idiot.gloria Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 8:04 PM
I would like to ask Mr Tanner if there's any truth that Kevin Rudd was also dumped because he attacked Israel when Israeli agents used Australian passports? As a result the Zionist lobby threatened to withdraw funding for the ALP. Enquiring minds want to know...Enquiring Minds Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 7:46 PM
Well put Tanner.Unlike most Labor voters ?? you call a spade.IAN Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 12:47 PM