- Calls to legalise marijuana
- ABC work-ethic 'shocking': Former manager
- 'It was something we didn't want to see'
- RSL apologises over Turban ban
- Australian Open in 16-year-old's sights
- RSL slams Crowe's comments
- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on 'I don't deserve this' Solomons' Sword. You really think it happens that way. Your a joke.If your happy waiting 16mins for an Ambulance while ... more
- MikeO on 'I don't deserve this' Ambos need a pay rise but there many other people who need them too. I do not like people paid by the tax payer using their ... more
- Randal Woods on 'I don't deserve this' Solomon's Sword, you are obviously a moron. What ambo stands over patients, asking who they will vote for before they treat ... more
- Andrew on 'I don't deserve this' Advocating for patients is a professional trait and being outspoken is acceptable in that context. However, I'm not sure if ... more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
Lindsay Tanner criticises ALP's decision to dump Kevin Rudd
Former senior Labor Minister Lindsay Tanner has criticised his party’s decision to dump Kevin Rudd as Prime Minister in 2010, saying he holds concerns about the future of the Labor Party.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Mr Tanner said the sacking of Mr Rudd has made all future Prime Ministers vulnerable.
”The way politics now works drives very short-term decision making and drives endless posturing making to the crowd rather than making serious long-term decisions,” he said.
”One of the reasons I'm unhappy with the decision that was taken to remove Kevin Rudd was that I think that creates a scenario where Prime Ministers, like opposition leaders have known for years, know that they can be removed at very short notice after a few bad opinion polls, and that's inevitably going to alter how they do their job.”
Mr Tanner said he ‘disagreed completely’ with some of his former Labor colleagues that claimed the Rudd-led government was ‘totally dysfunctional’.
”Yes, there were issues, there were problems, there were things that could've been handled differently. There's always going to be stuff of that nature,” he said.
”There's an obvious question here - Kevin Rudd's style didn't change in the 2.5 years he was Prime Minister. Why was nothing done about it beforehand?
”Well the answer was because he was riding high in the polls. The decision to remove him was overwhelmingly a product of opinion polls souring and people suddenly thinking there was a risk of Labor losing government.”
Mr Tanner said there were some legitimate issues with Rudd’s government, but they were ‘massively exaggerated’.
LISTEN: Former ALP Minister Lindsay Tanner speaks with Neil Mitchell:
If Leigh Sales had any credibility before, it's all gone now. What an idiot.Fred Sunday 30 September, 2012 - 12:27 AM
Wow, just watched Leigh Sales maul Mr Tanner on the ABC 7.30 Report. Oh boy did she get stuck into him, good on you Lindsay you stood your ground. Don't usually watch 7.30 Report as can't stand Sales but was waiting for QI and just happened to catch this. She is a bloody rotwieller and leaves Kerry Kerry for dead in flogging a dead horse, at least he knew when to change the tone of the interview she just makes herself look like an idiot.gloria Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 8:04 PM
I would like to ask Mr Tanner if there's any truth that Kevin Rudd was also dumped because he attacked Israel when Israeli agents used Australian passports? As a result the Zionist lobby threatened to withdraw funding for the ALP. Enquiring minds want to know...Enquiring Minds Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 7:46 PM
Well put Tanner.Unlike most Labor voters ?? you call a spade.IAN Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 12:47 PM