- 'It was something we didn't want to see'
- RSL apologises over Turban ban
- Australian Open in 16-year-old's sights
- RSL slams Crowe's comments
- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- 'I don't deserve this'
- Car park rip-off
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on 'I don't deserve this' Solomons' Sword. You really think it happens that way. Your a joke.If your happy waiting 16mins for an Ambulance while ... more
- MikeO on 'I don't deserve this' Ambos need a pay rise but there many other people who need them too. I do not like people paid by the tax payer using their ... more
- Randal Woods on 'I don't deserve this' Solomon's Sword, you are obviously a moron. What ambo stands over patients, asking who they will vote for before they treat ... more
- Andrew on 'I don't deserve this' Advocating for patients is a professional trait and being outspoken is acceptable in that context. However, I'm not sure if ... more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
Major alcohol retailer's online underage customer loophole
The Neil Mitchell program has become aware of a safeguard lacking on a major alcohol retailer’s online store, making liquor potentially available to minors.
Program producer Sam Drummond purchased a bottle of spirits on Dan Murphy’s website during ‘Click Frenzy’ when he became aware of the ease of accessibility of the retailer’s products to those who are underage.
"I've gone through to the checkout, I've entered my address, I've entered my visa debit card details and then all I had to do after then was click a little box which said I acknowledge I'm over 18 and put my birth date," he said.
The age verification system used on Dan Murphy's website.
"It is on its way to my home and I'm assured it will be put outside the back of my house because I won't be home at the time they deliver the goods."
Sam Drummond said he did not have to be at home to sign for the bottle when it was delivered, and that the option of his order being left with a neighbour was also available to him.
Delivery options available to customers on Dan Murphy's website.
Sam Drummond said while those who are under 18 are not able to take out their own credit card, debit cards offered by the major credit card companies which can be used for online shopping were available to minors.
Geoff Munro, Policy Director at the Australian Drug Foundation, said Dan Murphy’s home-delivery procedures could cost them their liquor licence.
"I think Sam's story is very disturbing because when online ordering was introduced some years ago, we spoke to the director of liquor licensing who assured us that alcohol ordered online would never be left unattended at the house and would never be delivered to underage people," he said.
"Clearly there's a loophole here where young people can have alcohol delivered to their home.
"Alcohol should not be left unattended when people order it. It should be always delivered to an adult and their age should be verified."
Mr Munro said his main concern was with the Woolworths-owned alcohol retailer was the delivery aspect, with age verification required once the product had made its way to the purchaser.
Sam Drummond said he also found an online cigarette retailer which enabled him to buy four cartons of cigarettes. The site simply asked for the purchaser’s birth date to be entered.
LISTEN: Producer Sam Drummond and Australian Drug Foundation Policy Director, Geoff Munro, speak with Neil Mitchell:
I can buy as much alcohol as i like on scoopon, and i could 5 or 15 or 25 years of age they wouldn't have a clue..How safe is that !!!Alex Tuesday 22 January, 2013 - 11:41 AM
i shop online with Woolworths. i have to be here, or someone over 18, with ID if needed to accept alcohol deliveries from them. same with tobacco products.dingo Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 11:39 AM