- Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white stuff
- 'I'm angry at the mums for doing this'
- AFL boss's plans to lure fans back
- Why we need to fix the welfare system
- ACGA boss: 'I'm not happy'
- Driver captures unmarked camera car
- 'Banks need to improve their reputation'
- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aria Judilla on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... PJ, like most uneducated people, you're confusing "Climate Change" with "Global Warming". Do some research. more
- PJ on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... This won't please the Warmists, looking to justify handing large sums of Aussie cash to greedy big bonus European Bankers! more
- David R on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Monstrous = old.It would have been there before they built the shopping centre and the council probably either wanted them ... more
- Gloss on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Tanya, perhaps their bloody stupid Council woudn't let them get rid of it. When weather events, like we have been ... more
- Hooksy of the Bush on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Tanya, don't you mean why on earth did someone build a car park under a monstrous gum tree? more
- heisdeadjim on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... @Tanya. Being my local, there's a chance the tree was there before the car park...m more
- Tanya on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Re the tree down in Coles - Bayswater.Why on earth did someone plant a monstrous gum tree in a car park?The mind boggles. more
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
Major General John Cantwell's battle with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Retired senior Australian Army officer Major General John Cantwell has spoken to Neil Mitchell about how he dealt with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after the release of his book ‘Exit Wounds: One Australian’s War on Terror’.
Major General Cantwell said the whole purpose of the book in ‘outing’ himself is to reach out to the tens of thousands of veterans they are affected by PTSD but are ashamed of their afflictions.
”The problem is the type of people they're trying to target, which is traditionally young males especially, have this sort of warrior self-image,” he said.
”They're just not prepared to admit they've got a problem.
”They've just got to get over that and get some help because I made the terrible mistake of trying to hide it and I paid the cost.”
LISTEN: Major General John Cantwell speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Am I getting it wrong, I thought the a was a u.Mitch Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 4:18 PM
I have painted a picture for Major General Cantwell which I should like to send him. I would be much obliged if you would ask him to contact me so that I may send him a picture of the painting and if he likes it, I shall endeavour to send ti to himBarbara Cohen Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 12:26 PM
Thank you John for your straight talk I also am doing my bit to have people accept mental illness and in my case ptsd which have had for 16 years for me it seems cery controlling indeed i paint and find that very helpfull because when i paint my mind is fully occupied with myu work and no tome for the horrors to sneek in. I live inthe Mallee and on aproperty isolated for people i do venture out for provisions etc. I see a doctor in adelaide every 2-3- months and take my medication hardly a day goes past that i am not ewakened to my experience. last week i was guest speaker for the opening og mental health week here in swan hill and i work with children sufferes by painting and creative works only in the last few years i feel ready to express my feelings and talk about ptsd the awakwardness of mental illneww is a very big problem and the stigma wow but i will keep fighting to let every one know we did not choose this parth and it may happen to them. and it is not to be ashamed of. good luck to you and good luck to me Margiemargaret wilson Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 10:04 AM
Fair comment Capt T Rose. Although a very moving story about a soldier who has been through more than most, it is noticeable that there is a blaze of publicity about PTSD at the same time as book launch. Could be just cynicism or jealousy by many of onlookers or could be ensuring sales of the book. Also one thing that is noticeable is that the general started getting PTSD 20 years ago but it was never mentioned till he had reached the pinnacle of his career, ensuring that promotion was ensured. On the generals own facebook site titled Readers of Exit Wounds is another interesting story about a soldier who looks like he lost his career early for raising an issue before he discharged here is link or just go Readers of Exit Wounds on facebook http://www.news.com.au/national/army-sorry-over-the-cover-up-of-a-hit-and-run-victim-who-was-only-an-arab/story-fndo4eg9-1226461036050Eyes Wide Open Sunday 14 October, 2012 - 1:47 PM
Magor General Cantwell. You have had an incredible impact on many people with your recent revelations. What a gift you have given them. I have recently completed a pilot study with some very encouraging results with veterans with PTSD. The treatment is basically over five weeks and involves non invasive procedures. We are about to embark on a multi site study in Adelaide, Sydney and the Gold Coast. I would be thrilled if you could be part of that study or you may recommend others.. Please could you contact me at email@example.com? NeridaNerida Saunders Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 7:45 AM
I just heard John Cantwell on triple J explaining and being questioned on some points in his book. What really stuck with me was his explanation on guilt and his reasons for not speaking out or doing something about the things he saw and ordered that haunt him today. Such truth and honesty from a leader who did as he was told unquestioningly during war but has the guts to delve into his consciousness and see the past as it really was- horrible, gruesome; and questioning was it worth it. Would love to meet this man one day.vic Wednesday 26 September, 2012 - 6:13 PM