- 'The Easter Bunny is bad for kids'
- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Married Catholic priest excommunicated from church
A priest who yesterday ‘outed’ himself as a married man said he wanted to highlight the need to change celibacy laws and the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church with regard to the treatment of sex offenders.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Father Kevin Lee from the Padre Pio Parish in Glenmore Park, Sydney said he had already been excommunicated from the Church.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Should the Catholic Church dump the law of celibacy?
”I think it was basically expected that they'd be shocked, but I didn't expect to be turfed out as quickly as I was,” Father Lee told Neil Mitchell.
”I think they try to put a very bad spin on it that I'm the bad person because I've breached their trust in terms of being married secretly."
Father Lee said he had received support from fellow priests who were themselves in relationships, but didn’t have the courage to ‘out’ themselves.
Father Lee said he had worked as a chaplain for fifteen with the New South Wales police and was appalled by the ‘stonewalling’ committed by the Catholic Church during investigations into sex offences committed by priests.
"When a priest has committed some serious sex offence, he's more likely to be re-accommodated somewhere else where he's not known and given back his ministry and his faculties.”
Father Lee said his to-be wife was unaware he was a priest when they first met, and their friendship blossomed to love.
"You don't choose to fall in love. You meet somebody and the relationship blossoms, and it became a situation where I felt I should solemnise this union to make it official,” he said.
Father Lee said he was fearful that his Filipino wife would be ostracised within her strongly Catholic community for marrying a priest.
LISTEN: Father Kevin Lee speaks with Neil Mitchell:
EXCLUSIVE: In an incredible interview on the Neil Mitchell program, Deputy Commissioner Graham Ashton has said that the Catholic Church in Victoria has never come to the Victoria Police with knowledge of suicides or sexual offences, despite them being aware of committed offences.
He is not Priest or Father he is Mr. Lee, and he should not mess with Church Docrime. If he wanted to get married, he should have put ups resignation, and leave the church in peace. So why he married who wedded him, he preach one, and do another.MaryEmelda Friday 24 May, 2013 - 12:41 PM
Fr Kevin Lee is just another priest who would rather live for this world and reject what the church teaches. Christ showed us the way so should priests. This is there are many vocations, if one is not called for priesthood but married or single life. Naming other priests is a form of defamation, if this is Fr Lee's intentions than he could be up for a lawsuite. Its his business to comeout, do not destroy the Catholic church all because what Kevin says and does. Just because kevin says this and that, does not make it right. I am sorry but I do not agree with what he is doing he is leading many astray and he will be held accountable in the eyes of the Lord.mitchel Tuesday 12 June, 2012 - 8:30 PM
the point is not if FATHER kevin married or not i knew him and i considered was really good, the problem is made a vows, and he broken and hide, is same when u married or compromise or not,he was no only in a karoeke bar, was inapropiated for a priest, and is ok be in love, but JESUS SAID FALLOW ME, LEFT UR PARENTS, AND LOVES ME MORE IN A CASE PRIESTS AN NUNS, IS YES O COURSE PITY THE PRIESTS WITH A LOTS OF TENTATIONS, BUT IS NOT BETTER TO LEFT AND DO NEW LIFE, LIKE TO PUT IN A PUBLIC? LIKE PRIEST IS OK ALKING ABOUT HIS LIFE, BUT NOT TALK ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO, BECAUSE AND THEM HE WILL BE REVELED ALL OUR CONFESSIONS? THE PRIESTS IS TO HELP IN THIS CONFESSIONS, IF REPENTANCE TO GO FOR EXAMPLE TO THE POLICE, AND CONFESS THEIR CRIMES O WHAT EVER BUT IS NOT LOUD THE PRIEST TO DO IT,IF Catholic church decided about celibate is because the priests need to be sacred also if there are mens, the are consagrated to God,marries is about worries and is for that u cant, because u contaminated the house of GOD, we are not perfect and the priests are more vulnerables, remember into the ships are wolfs,im not defend thispriests commit this beahaviours in the past, but also they had time to repentance,and priests KEVIN DONT NEED TO ACUSE OR BLAME OTHERS HYPOCRITES BECAUSE we are, the church is not the building , we are and we have the compromise to help the priests, sometimes, people seduce thems,i prayer for him, everything u hide, some day coming out in the light, but a priest cant marriedsandy Tuesday 12 June, 2012 - 5:16 PM
If later he finds he wants to leave his wife and find another, will he hide this from her before he gets another.
Candice Wednesday 9 May, 2012 - 11:17 AM
He might, just like most people who want to leave their partners. They find another, hide it and when they are ready they walk out. This is not restricted to any religion on non religious people.
But just ask yourself why is it that Catholics are the only clergy not allowed to marry. How do you think other religions cope with their ministers, rabis or muftis being married? All other Christian denominations allow marriage.
Not allowing marriage is not going to get new priests.
Getting married and having a family is not a sin but molesting children is. Worry about your priest doing that instead of them doing normal things.Peggy Thursday 10 May, 2012 - 11:10 AM
A man takes on a Catholic Church vocation knowing full well that one of his vows is a vow of celibacy. Though I think marriage should be an option for a diocisan priest, if he commits a vow of celibacy, then it's for life unless he leaves. Oh, yes, even the married priest said he wasn't excommunicated, he was removed from his ministry, The correct term for a removal of a priest from his priestly dutied is to be 'laicized'. Refer to Wikipedia under 'defrocking'.Stephen Wednesday 9 May, 2012 - 8:33 PM
Catholic Church gives priests freedom to leave if they feel they want to change their committed vocation from priest to married man. I've worked for committed priests, they work 24/7 for their Parish people, they are committed to hundreds (on call), not one. This priest chose to commit as the terms of his vocation. No one forced him into making a commitment as a Catholic Priest, or changing his mind and leaving. Deception was his choice. Now us Catholics will be ridiculed and humiliated once again because of his actions. If later he finds he wants to leave his wife and find another, will he hide this from her before he gets another.Candice Wednesday 9 May, 2012 - 11:17 AM