- Niqab is not a 'symbol of evil'
- Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices
- 'An unsettled China is unsettling for Australia'
- David Davis denies Greg Sassella dispute
- Plan B: 'We have no choice'
- The Leaning Tower of Stupidity
- 'I do hate this guy, he killed my husband': Sue Parsons
- 'Something needs to be done about this'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Debs on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices $24 per hour??? That's not a bad rate. That's more than the minimum wage. I'm sure there are a lot of people working out ... more
- Linda Pettit on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Lets hope that this songbird reaches the masses and that there is a peaceful acknowledgement that some things in China need ... more
- Edward on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Well done as it doesn't hurt to let people know how others feel in these times more
- judy wilson on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... just beautiful more
- mylene on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Tony Abbott hasn't mentioned Hong Kong yet. It's obviously not a very important story. :p more
- poppitt on Plan B: 'We have no choice' If you have debt you pay interest. The more debt the more interest. Why is it people do not want to pay the debt? Do they ... more
- Lukew on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The attack on that poor Muslim woman was appalling and would be roundly detested by most people. However, the Moreland ... more
- brendon on 'Something needs to be done about this' total moron !!!!! more
- Frances on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... HOW ON EARTH WAS SOMEONE LIKE SUE BOLTON EVEN ELECTED INTO BECOMING COUNCILLOR??? MAKING MASSIVE ACCUSATIONS OF PEOPLE ... more
- PJ on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Four things need to happen to solve the problem:1.The continued expansion and growing influence of ISIS/ISIL needs to be ... more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... She is a PERSON,That wants to divide us. "IN OUR SOCIETY.??? more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This Sue Bolton is an absolute disgrace to the people that voted her in. more
- John on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Cr Bolton you are a disgrace. You are unbelievable and totally lacking in credability. more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Something needs to be done about this' If I saw this happen I would have grabbed the guy and pulled him off. This is utterly reckless. more
- AA on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... I no longer listen to 3AW. It is clear that the station and its commentators are doing nothing about promoting ... more
- andy on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... cr bolton is going to be in state/ federal,she sounds just like a politician more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... does not like it when he is accused of something but boy, can he hand it out.... more
- Ricta on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... White, anglo saxon people should be banned from protesting on racial issues.1 of the biggest problems in this world is ... more
- Barney on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Councillor Sue Bolton reminds me of the saying " if you cant be part of the solution ,don't be part of the problem . 3aw ... more
- Gloria on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Sue Bolton is a radical left wing Socialist, she is a trouble maker and was very strongly opposed to CCTV in Moreland. This ... more
Melbourne tanking allegations 'sickening'
This is about emotion. I am a Melbourne supporter and I feel a bit sick this morning because the evidence is growing that there was an official deliberate strategy not to win games, to pick up draft picks.
Now, I like most people had assumed there was a stage when they didn’t care if they lost because it meant better picks.
LISTEN BELOW: Former Melbourne Football Club President Paul Gardner
But I wouldn’t have thought there was a deliberate strategy, orchestrated, discussed and organised. If there was, and it is still an allegation, it disgusts me. It disappoints me. It makes me feel dirty.
Former Melb FC Pres says he walked out in the middle of games because his team was tanking. Incredible admission really. @3aw693— Justin Smith (@JustinSmith3AW) October 30, 2012
Caroline Wilson has a lot of detail in The Age today about meetings: Who was there and what was said. If she is right, people need to be punished and the system needs to change.
I have supported this club all my life and since 1964 they haven't had a premiership. Two grand final appearances is all they have in that time. If they worked to throw games, it undermines everything I have believed in for the club. It makes my support a joke and yours.
People invest emotion in these teams. People cry if they lose. People hand over their $100 membership and actually care. They defend their club and they take a ribbing and they show loyalty, bloody loyalty for heaven’s sake.
And if a club goes out to lose it breaks that trust, it insults every supporter and it takes their money under false pretenses.
Talking of money, people actually bet on games. If they have been thrown, that has huge legal implications.
But it is the emotional investment I care about here. This is a breach of trust by Melbourne if it happened, a massive breach of faith with supporters who have stayed around while we got thrashed.
At least on the basis we had hope, we had a chance and we were trying.
It disgusts me.
What’s left in sport? Cycling has been destroyed the the drug culture. Cricket, not Australia but others, match fixing. Racing, heaven knows what is going on there. In soccer, you even have idiots taking a dive.
And now we have football with serious accusations of playing to lose.
We tell kids sport is healthy. It breeds self respect and a sense of responsibility and accountability. We want our kids to get into sport because it builds a work ethic and a sense of team.
Not any more.
They might be better off playing video games. At least everybody is fair dinkum then.
LISTEN: Former Melbourne Football Club President Paul Gardner
TANKING: The AFL investigation into the Demons tanking scandal is being ramped up. The Age report several key witnesses have come forward with fresh evidence including repeated versions of at least one meeting in 2009.
I want to see Talking Footy Show back on now and hear Caroline Wilson and Garry Lyon debate this out about The Melbourne Football Club tanking. Considering there is nothing on television worth watching lately.Jillian Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 11:05 AM
Charge any individual involved heavily, never allow them to work in the AFL industry again, taking draft picks wouldn't be the right things as mark Neeld and current players had nothing to do with this, and are struggling enough as it is. I'm a Melbourne supporter and all i want is to see anyone who thinks tanking is acceptable out of the AFL without destroying the MFC in the processBen Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 9:50 AM
Niel, you feel "sick" because of the actions of a bunch of meathead footballers? You really need to get a life. There's alot more entertaining and worthwhile ways of spending your time than watching this midnless "sport".Peter Hillster Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 6:24 AM
as a demon member for years I am gutted....I know players were played out of their positions ( once the year was over for them)..but many many clubs do this,. Listen to the likes of Eddie who say no to punishment COS like lots of clubs this is/was common practice. Sort this out now Mr AFL...I have just renewed my MFC membership for 2013 and want to watch and support AFL footy !!!!!TB Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 9:44 PM
im sick of people sooking about cheating in sport.all elite sportsman and elite clubs cheat whenever they think they can get away with it.let them cheat,take drugs or whatever they need to do to compete at the highest leve.stop whinging and let the sportsman get on with it,i want to watch...garry Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 7:41 PM
Take the draft picks off them for the next two 2 yrs and give those picks to the teams that they had beaten or drew with. There is no place in the AFL for cheatsBen Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 2:56 PM