- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save lives'
- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
Mick & Christi Malthouse: When football and family intersects
Christi Malthouse joined her famous football father Mick in studio with Neil Mitchell to speak openly about how her surname impacted her and her siblings’ upbringing, and the falling out with Collingwood president Eddie McGuire.
The newly-appointed Carlton coach said he always thought he had the Magpie president’s great friendship, but it was ‘put on the table’ during a contract negotiation on one occasion during McGuire’s tenure as Channel 9 chief executive.
"I’m Collingwood first, you’re second," Malthouse told Neil Mitchell McGuire said.
"I work the other way where it’s people first, the organisation second.
"The organisation is made up of people; People first."
VIDEO: Mick and Christi Malthouse with Neil Mitchell
Malthouse said while he doesn’t hold any resentment towards McGuire, he hasn’t spoken to McGuire his former friend in nearly a year and "won’t be going out of his way" to do so.
"I don’t hold grudges, but I do remember things."
Christi Malthouse spoke frankly of how the family was against Mick signing the succession deal, which led to Nathan Buckley taking over the Magpie helm.
"What we thought at the time was...are you going to be ready to stop coaching in two years? And he said, I don’t think I will be," she said.
"And we said well, that’s the main point for us. When you sign this contract, you’re going to have to stop coaching."
Mick’s family were immersed in the football culture from the outset. Christi described how football brought the family closer and gained them wonderful friends which they refer to as their ‘football family’. But with their involvement in high-profile footballing life can pitfalls.
"We all faced quite a lot of bullying. (For) my sister and I, it would be more abusive. For my brothers it was physical at times," she said.
"I do worry about my own children when they go to school."
Christi Malthouse's book 'Malthouse: A Football Life' will be released on 1st November.
Eddie offered Mick a cushy job so he could spend more time with his family.
Eddie ensured a much loved son of the club Nathan Buckley was given an opportunity to flourish in a coaching career. Not tossed in like Tony Shaw, Tim Watson, Spud Frawley etc who all failed.
The fans finally got a premiership once the rocket was lit under Micks behind.
Well done Eddie, pity Mick cant see the forest for his own wooden mind.Wayne Friday 26 October, 2012 - 9:28 AM
Good on you Eddie because your legacy to our club is that you always put Collingwood first.matt mumme Thursday 25 October, 2012 - 7:17 PM
Malthouse is the text book Egomaniac. It will NEVER be he who is the problem. He will sacrifice his friends, colleagues and other dispensables to achieve what HE wants. Carlton it is your turn.........he has arrived!Roy F Thursday 25 October, 2012 - 8:02 AM
Spot on David - well said. I am always confused that Mick signed a contract that he didnt want to sign. He appears to be very strong minded - I just cant see him being bullied into doing something he didnt want to do. This book release is turning into a circus. Who would buy it, we've heard all the stories a hundred times already - now they are just coming from his daughter - that must be accurate - no bias there.Kathy Wednesday 24 October, 2012 - 9:49 PM
Malthouse gets too much air-time on 3AW. Hey Neil, can you chat with someone else for a change?
Having said that, I fully agree with Mick's sentiments towards McGuire. People first and don't shaft your mates.
I am sure Mick will make a big difference to Carlton.Jake Wednesday 24 October, 2012 - 5:57 PM
"Iâ??m Collingwood first, youâ??re second," Malthouse told Neil Mitchell
McGuire said. "I work the other way where itâ??s people first, the organisation second.
Good on ya Mick! That statement just confirms everything that has been written about you - a self serving, selfish and conflicted individual who thought himself to be bigger than the Collingwood Football Club.
How dare McGuire think that he should put the interests of the Collingwood Football Club before the interests of Mick Malthouse!!
And that's right Mick, of course you should "remember" how you were treated by McGuire and not speak to him as a result. After all, here was a bloke who extended your tenure year-after-year despite 10 winless years. Probably ensured that you were delivered an additional $ 5M - $ 6M in the process. Why should you show McGuire any respect or gratitude Mick? It's just not in your nature!!
Your delusions of grandeur and sense of entitlement, just leaves me shaking my head in amazement!David Wednesday 24 October, 2012 - 4:01 PM