- Child attacked by stranger in park
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Officers face misconduct hearing
- Offensive graffiti to be removed
- AFLPA fires back at ASADA
- 'I hope I never have to do it again'
- Why your digital TV cuts out
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' horror
A young mother has been punched in the face by a cyclist after a road rage incident at Black Rock.
Rachel Wilson was with her two children - aged 11 and 9 - and her ill mother when the attack occurred on Beach Road about 1pm last Friday.
Ms Wilson, a Moe resident, did a U-turn in front of the cyclist who then followed her to a car park.
"That's when he said 'you can't do an effing U-Turn' and as he was saying it ... without warning he lunged through the car with a fist and punched me in the jaw," she told Neil Mitchell.
LISTEN: Rachel Wilson tells how her kids watched on in horror
"We just don't witness violence like that - the kids have never witnessed violence like that.
She says police have to catch the man, who she said was "fully suited up" in lycra and was aged in about his 40s.
"To get angry is one thing, but to hit a woman in front of her mother and children - we totally didn't see that happening," she said.
Meanwhile, lawyer David Galbally QC told Neil Mitchell cyclists needed identification to make them accountable for their actions.
“I’ve said this for a long time, this man will get away with it because he can’t be identified," he said.
“And it will be very difficult for the police to track him.
“I think registration stickers have to be on bikes or they have to be worn by the rider on the back of their clothing.”
NEIL'S TAKE: He really has to be caught. If he's done this once, he can do it again.
Peggy, Its not that cyclists don't want to be identified, ask to see my ID any day of the week on the bike and I'll pass it to you. Its the fees brought about by registration that are the problem.Nat Saturday 14 December, 2013 - 8:20 PM
The cyclist should be arrested and charged with assault and battery and the woman should probably attend traffic school to learn how to drive better.me Friday 13 December, 2013 - 5:48 PM
I'm from New Zealand and have been reading this blog. We have similar problems in NZ with motorists doing crazy stuff. But there is some lunatic cyclists out there too. We all get blamed by a small minority of stupid cyclists.
I've seen going through red lights, failing to stop at compulsory stops, not wearing bike helmets or reflectorised gear and many more stupid actions. The cyclist involved in the assault was wearing black, thats why the car didn't see you. Come on Cyclists "Be Safe and Be Seen".Geoff Friday 13 December, 2013 - 12:47 PM
Very true Greg, we have only heard her side of the story. So therefore why doesn't the big tough guy who punched her make himself known and come forward to give his side of the story. I bet that isn't going to happen! Not when your a coward like that!letsbefair Thursday 12 December, 2013 - 8:10 PM
This has nothing to do with accountability and everything to do with intolerance. There is no compelling argument for bicycle registration. On the other hand there are plenty of good arguments supporting peoples rights and abilities to enjoy a pastime without more government interference. Perhaps we are not quite as 'laid back' as we thought we were.Lukew Thursday 12 December, 2013 - 3:47 PM
So many cyclists here are complaining about bad drivers. I agree, there are a lot of bad drivers out there but there is one weapon you have against that. You can always take their registration and report them.
Can a driver do the same when one of you does something silly? No, because you are so restistan to beintg identified by a number plate.
I wonder why you resist so much. If you're doing nothing wrong then there won't be a problem.
This is not about paying for registaration. Pay once for the plate and keep riding. I would just like to know why the cyclists fight so hard against being identified. Can one please explain that?Peggy Thursday 12 December, 2013 - 12:32 PM