- Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white stuff
- 'I'm angry at the mums for doing this'
- AFL boss's plans to lure fans back
- Why we need to fix the welfare system
- ACGA boss: 'I'm not happy'
- Driver captures unmarked camera car
- 'Banks need to improve their reputation'
- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aria Judilla on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... PJ, like most uneducated people, you're confusing "Climate Change" with "Global Warming". Do some research. more
- PJ on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... This won't please the Warmists, looking to justify handing large sums of Aussie cash to greedy big bonus European Bankers! more
- David R on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Monstrous = old.It would have been there before they built the shopping centre and the council probably either wanted them ... more
- Gloss on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Tanya, perhaps their bloody stupid Council woudn't let them get rid of it. When weather events, like we have been ... more
- Hooksy of the Bush on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Tanya, don't you mean why on earth did someone build a car park under a monstrous gum tree? more
- heisdeadjim on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... @Tanya. Being my local, there's a chance the tree was there before the car park...m more
- Tanya on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Re the tree down in Coles - Bayswater.Why on earth did someone plant a monstrous gum tree in a car park?The mind boggles. more
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' horror
A young mother has been punched in the face by a cyclist after a road rage incident at Black Rock.
Rachel Wilson was with her two children - aged 11 and 9 - and her ill mother when the attack occurred on Beach Road about 1pm last Friday.
Ms Wilson, a Moe resident, did a U-turn in front of the cyclist who then followed her to a car park.
"That's when he said 'you can't do an effing U-Turn' and as he was saying it ... without warning he lunged through the car with a fist and punched me in the jaw," she told Neil Mitchell.
LISTEN: Rachel Wilson tells how her kids watched on in horror
"We just don't witness violence like that - the kids have never witnessed violence like that.
She says police have to catch the man, who she said was "fully suited up" in lycra and was aged in about his 40s.
"To get angry is one thing, but to hit a woman in front of her mother and children - we totally didn't see that happening," she said.
Meanwhile, lawyer David Galbally QC told Neil Mitchell cyclists needed identification to make them accountable for their actions.
“I’ve said this for a long time, this man will get away with it because he can’t be identified," he said.
“And it will be very difficult for the police to track him.
“I think registration stickers have to be on bikes or they have to be worn by the rider on the back of their clothing.”
NEIL'S TAKE: He really has to be caught. If he's done this once, he can do it again.
Peggy, Its not that cyclists don't want to be identified, ask to see my ID any day of the week on the bike and I'll pass it to you. Its the fees brought about by registration that are the problem.Nat Saturday 14 December, 2013 - 8:20 PM
The cyclist should be arrested and charged with assault and battery and the woman should probably attend traffic school to learn how to drive better.me Friday 13 December, 2013 - 5:48 PM
I'm from New Zealand and have been reading this blog. We have similar problems in NZ with motorists doing crazy stuff. But there is some lunatic cyclists out there too. We all get blamed by a small minority of stupid cyclists.
I've seen going through red lights, failing to stop at compulsory stops, not wearing bike helmets or reflectorised gear and many more stupid actions. The cyclist involved in the assault was wearing black, thats why the car didn't see you. Come on Cyclists "Be Safe and Be Seen".Geoff Friday 13 December, 2013 - 12:47 PM
Very true Greg, we have only heard her side of the story. So therefore why doesn't the big tough guy who punched her make himself known and come forward to give his side of the story. I bet that isn't going to happen! Not when your a coward like that!letsbefair Thursday 12 December, 2013 - 8:10 PM
This has nothing to do with accountability and everything to do with intolerance. There is no compelling argument for bicycle registration. On the other hand there are plenty of good arguments supporting peoples rights and abilities to enjoy a pastime without more government interference. Perhaps we are not quite as 'laid back' as we thought we were.Lukew Thursday 12 December, 2013 - 3:47 PM
So many cyclists here are complaining about bad drivers. I agree, there are a lot of bad drivers out there but there is one weapon you have against that. You can always take their registration and report them.
Can a driver do the same when one of you does something silly? No, because you are so restistan to beintg identified by a number plate.
I wonder why you resist so much. If you're doing nothing wrong then there won't be a problem.
This is not about paying for registaration. Pay once for the plate and keep riding. I would just like to know why the cyclists fight so hard against being identified. Can one please explain that?Peggy Thursday 12 December, 2013 - 12:32 PM