- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- Bob Carr: I didn't deceive Australians
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Myki: Another fine product from Bastards Incorporated
Years ago, one of the TV comedy programs ‘The Comedy Company’ used to run a segment on something they called ‘Bastards Incorporated’.
It was targeted at people who created problems in life and their outline was: another fine product thanks to Bastards Incorporated.
It asked questions like: who shakes up the soft drink cans so when you open them, they spray all over you; who makes boxes of tissues where the perforations don’t work; and who in the paper clip factory carefully links them all together so when you try to get a paper clip you get a link chain.
Well, here’s another fine product from Bastards Incorporated: Myki.
Can you believe this. Myki is designed to annoy, to frustrate, to make you – the customer – suffer.
We know about cards that don’t work, we know about the long queues, we know they closed information booths on Cup Day, and we know the chief executive said it was all the fault of those pesky customers. It would work very well if nobody used it.
Well, now Myki cards are about to expire. They are reaching their use-by date – which nobody knew existed. So, you will have money on your card, but it will expire because they have decided it should expire.
Now, you can renew it, but only if you go to Southern Cross Station – nowhere else in the state – or you can buy a new one and apply for a refund of the $6 it cost you.
So, your credit card only expires because of security factors, and plastic cards will last, but not Myki.
And when it’s going to expire, firstly they don’t tell you, secondly, there is only one office that will fix it, And thirdly, if you buy a new card you have to jump through bureaucratic hoops to get reimbursement for something you shouldn’t have to pay for.
Bottom line, their system doesn’t work so they make you suffer and pay for it.
Myki, there’s another fine product from Bastards Incorporated. Bastards like whoever invited Myki.
The "whole Myki system is a very big rort",it cost you more to travel on than, the Metcard system ever did.
Myki does not always work, when you touch on and touch off.And yet you still get fined for being in the wrong, when the myki system is not working,where is the justice in that.
Bring back the Metcard.
Pollies only care about themselves and not the public.mark Monday 11 February, 2013 - 12:24 PM
I enquired about "day tickets" or "one off" cards for my interstate visitors to take the kids to the zoo. I was told I had to buy 4 cards - $6 each for the adults and $3 each for the kids and then put money on them- so $18 before we even started on the fares!!! I asked if I could buy one card, load up with credits and use it 4 times for one trip, guess what!! No way, I had to buy 4 cards.
Needless to say, with this rip off, the kids won't be going to the zoo.Christine Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 5:52 PM
I drove from the country to Dandenong today to drop off a vehicle and had to get to Southern cross station to get the train home. I head of to the MYKI booth. What a fantastic system, I hand the lady over $20, MYKI to Souther cross please, I don't need anything else. Well did I get any change, no, I had to pay for the MYKI thing then all the rest went on the card, so Dandenong to southern cross cost me $20. Then I could swipe on at Dandenong, every one else in front is swiping and nothing happening. Finally get through, then guess what, get to southern cross and there is 29 people in front of me going crazy cause they can't swipe off. Lmao, what tosser thought up that system and worse still, what half wit approved it and wasted tax payers money. Wouldn't it be nice to walk up and buy a daily or weekly etc like it used to be. Only loser in this system is the userTrevor Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 7:35 PM
I am a regional traveller who travels to Melbourne only a few times a year. Where does Peter of Rosanna suggest I "touch on" to reactivate the card I initially had to purchase and then "top up" with extra money I can ill afford, because no none has a clear idea of how much train and tram fares are.Gabrielle Graham Monday 31 December, 2012 - 9:35 AM
Check out the Myki Song in the youtube link and then sing alone when you are behind the Myki queue :DKa Monday 24 December, 2012 - 10:37 PM
+1 Wendy. What we currently have in the form of "Myki" is unworkable and will (hopefully soon) be replaced by a realistic transport payment system. If not, I can only say that it is the result of Labor's incompetence, but the Liberals could not find a way out of it.David T. Monday 17 December, 2012 - 6:47 PM