- The science of the AFL draft
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- Calls to legalise marijuana
- ABC work-ethic 'shocking': Former manager
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Myki: Another fine product from Bastards Incorporated
Years ago, one of the TV comedy programs ‘The Comedy Company’ used to run a segment on something they called ‘Bastards Incorporated’.
It was targeted at people who created problems in life and their outline was: another fine product thanks to Bastards Incorporated.
It asked questions like: who shakes up the soft drink cans so when you open them, they spray all over you; who makes boxes of tissues where the perforations don’t work; and who in the paper clip factory carefully links them all together so when you try to get a paper clip you get a link chain.
Well, here’s another fine product from Bastards Incorporated: Myki.
Can you believe this. Myki is designed to annoy, to frustrate, to make you – the customer – suffer.
We know about cards that don’t work, we know about the long queues, we know they closed information booths on Cup Day, and we know the chief executive said it was all the fault of those pesky customers. It would work very well if nobody used it.
Well, now Myki cards are about to expire. They are reaching their use-by date – which nobody knew existed. So, you will have money on your card, but it will expire because they have decided it should expire.
Now, you can renew it, but only if you go to Southern Cross Station – nowhere else in the state – or you can buy a new one and apply for a refund of the $6 it cost you.
So, your credit card only expires because of security factors, and plastic cards will last, but not Myki.
And when it’s going to expire, firstly they don’t tell you, secondly, there is only one office that will fix it, And thirdly, if you buy a new card you have to jump through bureaucratic hoops to get reimbursement for something you shouldn’t have to pay for.
Bottom line, their system doesn’t work so they make you suffer and pay for it.
Myki, there’s another fine product from Bastards Incorporated. Bastards like whoever invited Myki.
The "whole Myki system is a very big rort",it cost you more to travel on than, the Metcard system ever did.
Myki does not always work, when you touch on and touch off.And yet you still get fined for being in the wrong, when the myki system is not working,where is the justice in that.
Bring back the Metcard.
Pollies only care about themselves and not the public.mark Monday 11 February, 2013 - 12:24 PM
I enquired about "day tickets" or "one off" cards for my interstate visitors to take the kids to the zoo. I was told I had to buy 4 cards - $6 each for the adults and $3 each for the kids and then put money on them- so $18 before we even started on the fares!!! I asked if I could buy one card, load up with credits and use it 4 times for one trip, guess what!! No way, I had to buy 4 cards.
Needless to say, with this rip off, the kids won't be going to the zoo.Christine Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 5:52 PM
I drove from the country to Dandenong today to drop off a vehicle and had to get to Southern cross station to get the train home. I head of to the MYKI booth. What a fantastic system, I hand the lady over $20, MYKI to Souther cross please, I don't need anything else. Well did I get any change, no, I had to pay for the MYKI thing then all the rest went on the card, so Dandenong to southern cross cost me $20. Then I could swipe on at Dandenong, every one else in front is swiping and nothing happening. Finally get through, then guess what, get to southern cross and there is 29 people in front of me going crazy cause they can't swipe off. Lmao, what tosser thought up that system and worse still, what half wit approved it and wasted tax payers money. Wouldn't it be nice to walk up and buy a daily or weekly etc like it used to be. Only loser in this system is the userTrevor Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 7:35 PM
I am a regional traveller who travels to Melbourne only a few times a year. Where does Peter of Rosanna suggest I "touch on" to reactivate the card I initially had to purchase and then "top up" with extra money I can ill afford, because no none has a clear idea of how much train and tram fares are.Gabrielle Graham Monday 31 December, 2012 - 9:35 AM
Check out the Myki Song in the youtube link and then sing alone when you are behind the Myki queue :DKa Monday 24 December, 2012 - 10:37 PM
+1 Wendy. What we currently have in the form of "Myki" is unworkable and will (hopefully soon) be replaced by a realistic transport payment system. If not, I can only say that it is the result of Labor's incompetence, but the Liberals could not find a way out of it.David T. Monday 17 December, 2012 - 6:47 PM