- Calls to legalise marijuana
- ABC work-ethic 'shocking': Former manager
- 'It was something we didn't want to see'
- RSL apologises over Turban ban
- Australian Open in 16-year-old's sights
- RSL slams Crowe's comments
- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on 'I don't deserve this' Solomons' Sword. You really think it happens that way. Your a joke.If your happy waiting 16mins for an Ambulance while ... more
- MikeO on 'I don't deserve this' Ambos need a pay rise but there many other people who need them too. I do not like people paid by the tax payer using their ... more
- Randal Woods on 'I don't deserve this' Solomon's Sword, you are obviously a moron. What ambo stands over patients, asking who they will vote for before they treat ... more
- Andrew on 'I don't deserve this' Advocating for patients is a professional trait and being outspoken is acceptable in that context. However, I'm not sure if ... more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
Myki: Another fine product from Bastards Incorporated
Years ago, one of the TV comedy programs ‘The Comedy Company’ used to run a segment on something they called ‘Bastards Incorporated’.
It was targeted at people who created problems in life and their outline was: another fine product thanks to Bastards Incorporated.
It asked questions like: who shakes up the soft drink cans so when you open them, they spray all over you; who makes boxes of tissues where the perforations don’t work; and who in the paper clip factory carefully links them all together so when you try to get a paper clip you get a link chain.
Well, here’s another fine product from Bastards Incorporated: Myki.
Can you believe this. Myki is designed to annoy, to frustrate, to make you – the customer – suffer.
We know about cards that don’t work, we know about the long queues, we know they closed information booths on Cup Day, and we know the chief executive said it was all the fault of those pesky customers. It would work very well if nobody used it.
Well, now Myki cards are about to expire. They are reaching their use-by date – which nobody knew existed. So, you will have money on your card, but it will expire because they have decided it should expire.
Now, you can renew it, but only if you go to Southern Cross Station – nowhere else in the state – or you can buy a new one and apply for a refund of the $6 it cost you.
So, your credit card only expires because of security factors, and plastic cards will last, but not Myki.
And when it’s going to expire, firstly they don’t tell you, secondly, there is only one office that will fix it, And thirdly, if you buy a new card you have to jump through bureaucratic hoops to get reimbursement for something you shouldn’t have to pay for.
Bottom line, their system doesn’t work so they make you suffer and pay for it.
Myki, there’s another fine product from Bastards Incorporated. Bastards like whoever invited Myki.
The "whole Myki system is a very big rort",it cost you more to travel on than, the Metcard system ever did.
Myki does not always work, when you touch on and touch off.And yet you still get fined for being in the wrong, when the myki system is not working,where is the justice in that.
Bring back the Metcard.
Pollies only care about themselves and not the public.mark Monday 11 February, 2013 - 12:24 PM
I enquired about "day tickets" or "one off" cards for my interstate visitors to take the kids to the zoo. I was told I had to buy 4 cards - $6 each for the adults and $3 each for the kids and then put money on them- so $18 before we even started on the fares!!! I asked if I could buy one card, load up with credits and use it 4 times for one trip, guess what!! No way, I had to buy 4 cards.
Needless to say, with this rip off, the kids won't be going to the zoo.Christine Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 5:52 PM
I drove from the country to Dandenong today to drop off a vehicle and had to get to Southern cross station to get the train home. I head of to the MYKI booth. What a fantastic system, I hand the lady over $20, MYKI to Souther cross please, I don't need anything else. Well did I get any change, no, I had to pay for the MYKI thing then all the rest went on the card, so Dandenong to southern cross cost me $20. Then I could swipe on at Dandenong, every one else in front is swiping and nothing happening. Finally get through, then guess what, get to southern cross and there is 29 people in front of me going crazy cause they can't swipe off. Lmao, what tosser thought up that system and worse still, what half wit approved it and wasted tax payers money. Wouldn't it be nice to walk up and buy a daily or weekly etc like it used to be. Only loser in this system is the userTrevor Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 7:35 PM
I am a regional traveller who travels to Melbourne only a few times a year. Where does Peter of Rosanna suggest I "touch on" to reactivate the card I initially had to purchase and then "top up" with extra money I can ill afford, because no none has a clear idea of how much train and tram fares are.Gabrielle Graham Monday 31 December, 2012 - 9:35 AM
Check out the Myki Song in the youtube link and then sing alone when you are behind the Myki queue :DKa Monday 24 December, 2012 - 10:37 PM
+1 Wendy. What we currently have in the form of "Myki" is unworkable and will (hopefully soon) be replaced by a realistic transport payment system. If not, I can only say that it is the result of Labor's incompetence, but the Liberals could not find a way out of it.David T. Monday 17 December, 2012 - 6:47 PM