- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- Melbourne's rail horror
- Beach rules are a dog's breakfast
- East West protestors vow to continue fight
- Setting the record Strait
- Tyler Fishlock gets the 'all clear'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
- PH on Hinch freed from jail sans beard My first though looking at that photo was Darren James in 30 years time. more
- Pat Heuvel on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Definitely not the right thing to do. You want to crack down on someone? crack down on the ones that use their phones while ... more
- darrin on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn your lucky i know people have had to spend 1 day per $100 but i guess like most people with some fame to there name ... more
- Sarah on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truck drivers are constantly speeding on the roads I travel. I have watched a truck in front of me lose control and jack ... more
- joe on 'We need to get tough on truckies' I think a good idea for the point system on your licence is that the first 4 points are normal fines. Then next 4 points are ... more
- Russell Watts on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Neil, it should not matter if you are a truck driver or not, if you lose 12 points then you lose your licence. But the laws ... more
- Andrew on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Hi Neil. Why not extend fines to trucking companies as well as drivers? Truck company gets the same fine as the driver? Or a ... more
- poppitt on 'We need to get tough on truckies' They are supposed to be professional drivers, they are supposed to know the law. I think most truck drivers are fantastic ... more
- poppitt on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... Everything packaged or not should be labelled. It is not enough for the customer to ask, my son has gluten intolernace, asks ... more
- Wendy on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... How ridiculous not having to label fresh salad ingredients by law! It's still got ingredients and someone is still going to ... more
- Hazel Finney on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Bass Coast Council brought this ban through without proper consultation from the public. more
- Olga on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast We pay to camp on the foreshore on the peninsula where dogs can roam all day. They pee on our towels our kids are scared. ... more
- Aria Judilla on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Forget the beaches, we can't even take our kids to the park anymore because of the dogs that run up to them and paw them and ... more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast NO CONFIDENCE in the Bass Coast council more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Dogs on a lead at all times along Inverloch beach. Fine then $500 Bass Coast. We got a new Council full of spin and lies and ... more
- ian on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Have you ever sat near or on dog POO. more
Neil Mitchell takes out Graham Perkin award
Congratulations to Neil Mitchell on winning 2011 Graham Perkin Australian Journalist of the Year Award.
Neil took out Australian Journalism's top accolade on Friday night at the Quill Awards for Excellence in Victorian Journalism.
"(It's) easily the biggest award I've ever won," Neil Mitchell said.
Neil worked under Graham Perkin, a legendary editor of The Age from 1966 to 1975, for six years.
Past winners of the Graham Perkin award include Laurie Oakes, John Silvester, Michelle Grattan and Les Carlyon.
Neil is the first radio journalist to take out the award in its 36-year history.
WATCH: Neil Mitchell's acception speech.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Oh, so was Graham Perkin an arrogant, thinks he's better than everyone, big head too?
Well in that case, 'you go girl!'Mal Bourne Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 6:49 PM
How stupid do you think we are Craige Thomson. The police made an early morning raid on your home. Your home. Not a curtesy call to you for a cofee. You are as guilty as. These actions would not have been taken if the situation did not warrant it. You did not get a heads up because they did not want you to shread any evidence like your mate Williamson. Get real you sleaze!!!colleen wilson Thursday 25 October, 2012 - 10:10 AM
Well done and Congratulations on winning your award Neil. This award goes to a special person like you who has a special talent and heart that helps you to help others when their help is warrented. I also Met you personally on the Spirit of Tasmaina last year. Yours Faithly Maree Campbell Keith,s wife.Maree Campbell Sunday 1 April, 2012 - 10:55 AM
WEll done Neil on the award I have listened to you on 3AW for many years Keep up the good work a fanastic breakfast show I met you personally last year on the show you did on the Spirt of TasmaniaKeith Campbell Saturday 31 March, 2012 - 3:29 AM
You are too self indulgent Neil,get off yourself and stop trying to run the state>!!Steve Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 1:28 PM
Neil you are such a tosser. Your self gratification is nauseous. You are so full of yourself and it is miracle your boof head fits through AW's front door. Your credibility, decently and fairness is seriously questionable. The truth is you are a right winged opinionated shock jock.APF Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 11:52 AM