- Racial abuse on the rise
- Why demean Gallipoli?
- 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament'
- Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal with James Hird and Essendon
- 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is back'
- Mandate for Abbott?
- Fairfield station's new holding cell
- Zac Young's story to live on
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- CHRIS WATTS on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... DOES THIS 2 MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR MAN REALLY KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS more
- mylene on Why demean Gallipoli? Keating did really well in the ratings and was never out of the top 10. Maybe they could follow it up with Andrew Bolt ... more
- JamesD on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Herald continues with banner headlines on AFL & Demetriou - during the year Fairfax seemed to know lot more about issue. Is ... more
- Robert Rich on 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is ... I believe if James Hird took the AFL to court he would have won what a joke sack Andrew more
- Maureen on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' He was found NOT guilty of anything and has left plenty of egg on the face of Mitchell, the Herald Sun and feral Labor ... more
- Matthew on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... I wonder how Demetriou will cope in jail? Because that's what this is all about, he is facing a jail sentence if found ... more
- Jake on Why demean Gallipoli? Would anyone expect different of bagman Keating? more
- Jake on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... This is not about integrity and doing teh right thing. Rather it is about protecting the AFL brand and for Andrew ... more
- Jake on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' That Shaw is a disgrace is not in question But I disagree that he should resign. Let the ballot box decide at the next ... more
- mylene on Mandate for Abbott? "One blue"?? He's tried to start conflict with both Indonesia and China and sent ASIO after Aussie lawyers. If the rest of ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why demean Gallipoli? @Milton posting - yes an excellent comment indeed. Maybe we right thinking voters should have a Hall of Shame in the ... more
- Tim on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... So what's the threat tape that's been rumoured??I doubt Demetrio will survive this and he should take Wilson with him. more
- Albert chapman on Why demean Gallipoli? Neil Gallipoli is important in our history but not the "Birth of the Nation". I believe the event of December 1854 at Eureka ... more
- nat carr on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... If no Essendon player is stood down for taking illegal drugs then Essendon and the AFL have done the deal . more
- Greg on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' Australia is far too lenient when it comes to Politicians indiscretions.That's why they all rort the system.When it comes to ... more
- Willow on Why demean Gallipoli? I have always detested Keating and believe that he and Hawke were/are both evil men. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Gloria, more fool you if you believe Andrew D. AD is a criminal himself. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Craig, this story has nothing to do with what Essendon may or may not have done. It has ALL to do with how dodgy the AFL ... more
- Samuel J on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' This is but another glaring example of our foolhardy judicial system being off the rails and in urgent need of a complete ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why demean Gallipoli? For God's sake Keating the egotist suffering from the 'me,me' syndrome has been out of politics for 20 years - just let him ... more
Neil Mitchell takes out Graham Perkin award
Congratulations to Neil Mitchell on winning 2011 Graham Perkin Australian Journalist of the Year Award.
Neil took out Australian Journalism's top accolade on Friday night at the Quill Awards for Excellence in Victorian Journalism.
"(It's) easily the biggest award I've ever won," Neil Mitchell said.
Neil worked under Graham Perkin, a legendary editor of The Age from 1966 to 1975, for six years.
Past winners of the Graham Perkin award include Laurie Oakes, John Silvester, Michelle Grattan and Les Carlyon.
Neil is the first radio journalist to take out the award in its 36-year history.
WATCH: Neil Mitchell's acception speech.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Oh, so was Graham Perkin an arrogant, thinks he's better than everyone, big head too?
Well in that case, 'you go girl!'Mal Bourne Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 6:49 PM
How stupid do you think we are Craige Thomson. The police made an early morning raid on your home. Your home. Not a curtesy call to you for a cofee. You are as guilty as. These actions would not have been taken if the situation did not warrant it. You did not get a heads up because they did not want you to shread any evidence like your mate Williamson. Get real you sleaze!!!colleen wilson Thursday 25 October, 2012 - 10:10 AM
Well done and Congratulations on winning your award Neil. This award goes to a special person like you who has a special talent and heart that helps you to help others when their help is warrented. I also Met you personally on the Spirit of Tasmaina last year. Yours Faithly Maree Campbell Keith,s wife.Maree Campbell Sunday 1 April, 2012 - 10:55 AM
WEll done Neil on the award I have listened to you on 3AW for many years Keep up the good work a fanastic breakfast show I met you personally last year on the show you did on the Spirt of TasmaniaKeith Campbell Saturday 31 March, 2012 - 3:29 AM
You are too self indulgent Neil,get off yourself and stop trying to run the state>!!Steve Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 1:28 PM
Neil you are such a tosser. Your self gratification is nauseous. You are so full of yourself and it is miracle your boof head fits through AW's front door. Your credibility, decently and fairness is seriously questionable. The truth is you are a right winged opinionated shock jock.APF Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 11:52 AM