- Students told to take off Poppy
- Doyle to purge streets of cheap grog
- Has Neil Mitchell broken the law?
- Lite, but not that easy to deliver
- CanTeen makes a difference
- 'These women have shaken us up'
- Adrian Richardson's Bacon Jam
- 'Give us a free day on trains and roads'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Peggy on 'These women have shaken us up' Why should any murder be considered average? The victim is still dead and the impact on the family is just as great so why ... more
- Gloria on Breakfast clubs for schools And how do they determine whether the children are disadvantaged or the parents just plain lazy. more
- Susie on Breakfast clubs for schools Parents get money from Centrelink to do this yet they spend elsewhere. School breakfast program started here years ago when ... more
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
Neil Mitchell takes out Graham Perkin award
Congratulations to Neil Mitchell on winning 2011 Graham Perkin Australian Journalist of the Year Award.
Neil took out Australian Journalism's top accolade on Friday night at the Quill Awards for Excellence in Victorian Journalism.
"(It's) easily the biggest award I've ever won," Neil Mitchell said.
Neil worked under Graham Perkin, a legendary editor of The Age from 1966 to 1975, for six years.
Past winners of the Graham Perkin award include Laurie Oakes, John Silvester, Michelle Grattan and Les Carlyon.
Neil is the first radio journalist to take out the award in its 36-year history.
WATCH: Neil Mitchell's acception speech.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Oh, so was Graham Perkin an arrogant, thinks he's better than everyone, big head too?
Well in that case, 'you go girl!'Mal Bourne Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 6:49 PM
How stupid do you think we are Craige Thomson. The police made an early morning raid on your home. Your home. Not a curtesy call to you for a cofee. You are as guilty as. These actions would not have been taken if the situation did not warrant it. You did not get a heads up because they did not want you to shread any evidence like your mate Williamson. Get real you sleaze!!!colleen wilson Thursday 25 October, 2012 - 10:10 AM
Well done and Congratulations on winning your award Neil. This award goes to a special person like you who has a special talent and heart that helps you to help others when their help is warrented. I also Met you personally on the Spirit of Tasmaina last year. Yours Faithly Maree Campbell Keith,s wife.Maree Campbell Sunday 1 April, 2012 - 10:55 AM
WEll done Neil on the award I have listened to you on 3AW for many years Keep up the good work a fanastic breakfast show I met you personally last year on the show you did on the Spirt of TasmaniaKeith Campbell Saturday 31 March, 2012 - 3:29 AM
You are too self indulgent Neil,get off yourself and stop trying to run the state>!!Steve Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 1:28 PM
Neil you are such a tosser. Your self gratification is nauseous. You are so full of yourself and it is miracle your boof head fits through AW's front door. Your credibility, decently and fairness is seriously questionable. The truth is you are a right winged opinionated shock jock.APF Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 11:52 AM