- Neil Mitchell hits back at Clementine Ford's 'leathery ball' column
- Can you read Neil's writing? We can't
- AFL boss unsure about odd timeslot
- Melbourne's most successful camera
- 'Hamas is not interested in ceasefire'
- Losing war against dangerous phone chargers
- Nitschke: This won't stop me
- Two-thirds want cannabis legalised
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Hooksy of the Bush on Melbourne's most successful camera Do the crime, pay the fine!!! more
- Ros on Can you read Neil's writing? We can't I could read it Neil. The word 'fox' gave it away but you left out the word 'brown' before dogLove your shows more
- DEBBIE on Can you read Neil's writing? We can't I cannot read it all except the first word, "hello". more
- Michelle on Melbourne's most successful camera The problem is, the speed zones change over time and if you are not a regular traveller in the area, you don't realise it ... more
- michael on Melbourne's most successful camera So let's see, 7,500 drivers speeding through this highly dangerous fatality prone area and not one incident ? makes you ... more
- martin on Melbourne's most successful camera if got pinged on this camera..i was at dead stop ay red lights on barkly street. first in line..and apparently was speeding ... more
- Adam on Melbourne's most successful camera yes unfair, because though the posted speed limit is 40, you've been speeding there for years, so you should still be ... more
- Hooksy of the Bush on Melbourne's most successful camera Do the crime, pay the fine. more
- Mark on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Where's penny Wong now , Brian Taylor got hung drawn and quartered for his poof comment and yet no penny Wong standing up in ... more
- Stephen on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' No you're not a typical Aussie Girl! You're a disgrace and it has nothing to do with your gender either! You are in public ... more
- poppitt on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If any male pollie mentioned a part of a womans body he would be walked over hot coals. This type of 'talk' is not ... more
- Gazza on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If all politicians behaved like normal aussies the world would be a better place. Unfortunately this will never happen as ... more
- Willow on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Would like to know how the people of Tassy, who voted for her, feel now. more
- bushiepete on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' at least we know what we got with this pollie. shes not afraid to speak her mind ..unlike the rest of the fence sitters ... more
- Sinbad on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Two weeks ago, Brian Taylor gets vilified and lambasted for a throw away insult you would hear numerous times in any ... more
- Judi Pickett on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Jacqui Lambie stating she's just a normal Aussie Girl? Neil, you need a mini survey on her comments, as I'd say the public, ... more
- mylene on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' The Prime Minister's comments on women, homosexuals and Aborigines make her look like a beginner. Leave offensiveness to the ... more
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
Neil Mitchell takes out Graham Perkin award
Congratulations to Neil Mitchell on winning 2011 Graham Perkin Australian Journalist of the Year Award.
Neil took out Australian Journalism's top accolade on Friday night at the Quill Awards for Excellence in Victorian Journalism.
"(It's) easily the biggest award I've ever won," Neil Mitchell said.
Neil worked under Graham Perkin, a legendary editor of The Age from 1966 to 1975, for six years.
Past winners of the Graham Perkin award include Laurie Oakes, John Silvester, Michelle Grattan and Les Carlyon.
Neil is the first radio journalist to take out the award in its 36-year history.
WATCH: Neil Mitchell's acception speech.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Oh, so was Graham Perkin an arrogant, thinks he's better than everyone, big head too?
Well in that case, 'you go girl!'Mal Bourne Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 6:49 PM
How stupid do you think we are Craige Thomson. The police made an early morning raid on your home. Your home. Not a curtesy call to you for a cofee. You are as guilty as. These actions would not have been taken if the situation did not warrant it. You did not get a heads up because they did not want you to shread any evidence like your mate Williamson. Get real you sleaze!!!colleen wilson Thursday 25 October, 2012 - 10:10 AM
Well done and Congratulations on winning your award Neil. This award goes to a special person like you who has a special talent and heart that helps you to help others when their help is warrented. I also Met you personally on the Spirit of Tasmaina last year. Yours Faithly Maree Campbell Keith,s wife.Maree Campbell Sunday 1 April, 2012 - 10:55 AM
WEll done Neil on the award I have listened to you on 3AW for many years Keep up the good work a fanastic breakfast show I met you personally last year on the show you did on the Spirt of TasmaniaKeith Campbell Saturday 31 March, 2012 - 3:29 AM
You are too self indulgent Neil,get off yourself and stop trying to run the state>!!Steve Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 1:28 PM
Neil you are such a tosser. Your self gratification is nauseous. You are so full of yourself and it is miracle your boof head fits through AW's front door. Your credibility, decently and fairness is seriously questionable. The truth is you are a right winged opinionated shock jock.APF Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 11:52 AM