- 'It can happen to anyone'
- Bank asks for 3-year-old's details
- Students told to take off Poppy
- Doyle to purge streets of cheap grog
- Has Neil Mitchell broken the law?
- Lite, but not that easy to deliver
- CanTeen makes a difference
- 'These women have shaken us up'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- garry on Students told to take off Poppy Sack the teacher for imparting there own views on the children. How disgustingly disrespectful of our fallen fathers.I could ... more
- Tess on 'It can happen to anyone' I year it was NOT AN ACCIDENT IT WAS A DELIBERATE ONCE SHE CHOSE TO DRIVE ....... and she gets congratulated and rewarded ... more
- IBARKER on 'It can happen to anyone' Sorry to "LATE". more
- Graeme Porter on 'It can happen to anyone' Could somebody look at these wire traffic barriers that are being installed everywhere. On the South Gippsland Highway the ... more
- marypenny on 'It can happen to anyone' yea yea yea!allthese rogue booze filled drivers are having a revival and are all successful whatever.Yea we can do it! ... more
- Sean Murphy on Students told to take off Poppy Last time I looked a poppy was not a religious item nor was a bracelet. Where did this teacher get the idea that Remembrance ... more
- Rachel on 'It can happen to anyone' This is a brilliant campaign. Amanda is making such a statement in sharing this story.I frequently attend functions and then ... more
- Gloria on Students told to take off Poppy I am an RSL Poppy Seller and I find this story incredible.What is this teachers background? more
- Irish on Students told to take off Poppy Disgraceful! I hope the principal doesn't take the side of the teacher concerned but as usual the minority win don't they? more
- johnson on Students told to take off Poppy who's...Poppy's...hmmm...looks like the ten year old is not the only one in need of schooling more
- PatQuickCrazy on Students told to take off Poppy Seriously, who are we catering for here?? This is outrageous! Sack the teacher I say! more
- Kate on Students told to take off Poppy So should the teacher now ignore all of the school policies just in case a parent decides their child should be an exception ... more
- Daniel on Students told to take off Poppy So there is a kid wearing a piece of jewellery which he shouldn't be wearing and a teacher confiscates it ... Fair and ... more
- Carl Thompson on Students told to take off Poppy If one of my children was at that school the teacher would get a crowbar around the ears. I hope that there is a patriot ... more
- Dave on Students told to take off Poppy What was the teachers nationality.????It could explain a bit. more
- Eejay 68 on Students told to take off Poppy How unaustralian of this teacher. The wearing of poppies/badges should be encouraged in schools for the week of the event. more
- Vicki simpson on Students told to take off Poppy I've had kids going there for the last 17 year the school has always sold Anzac badges and have sold Poppy's as well the ... more
- Peggy on 'These women have shaken us up' Why should any murder be considered average? The victim is still dead and the impact on the family is just as great so why ... more
- Gloria on Breakfast clubs for schools And how do they determine whether the children are disadvantaged or the parents just plain lazy. more
- Susie on Breakfast clubs for schools Parents get money from Centrelink to do this yet they spend elsewhere. School breakfast program started here years ago when ... more
Neil Mitchell tells Alan Jones to go and buy his own Mercedes
Neil Mitchell has told Alan Jones to go and buy his own car, after the Sydney broadcaster personally hit out at Mercedes Benz Corporate Communications Manager David McCarthy for asking that his $250,000 S-Class sponsored Mercedes be returned.
Jones said David McCarthy had ‘bignoted himself’ on behalf of Mercedes Benz by requesting his car be returned.
”You big hero, Mr McCarthy, you absolutely gutless wonder,” Jones said on 2GB this morning.
Instead of his usual $250,000 set of wheels, Jones was seen arriving at work today in a silver Lexus.
The President of Melbourne-based gay and lesbian radio station Joy 94.9, David McCarthy joined Neil Mitchell in a joint broadcast from the City Square in May this year. Neil described David McCarthy as a ‘friend of the program’.
Neil Mitchell said McCarthy had ‘taken a step up in his estimation’ by requesting Jones return his free car.
”Go and buy one!” Neil Mitchell said.
”(The) bloke can't get a train, or a cab, or a limo, or a lexus.
”David, give him his car back. He needs a Mercedes. He really does need something big and bright and impressive.”
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell on Alan Jones' Mercedes:
On the contrary, having always had BMW's we were thinking about the move to Mercedes. McCarthy's stupid actions will prove beneficial for BMW, as we will never look at a Mercedes whilst he is at the helm.Milton Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:41 AM
I have always been a BMW man however after the action taken against Alan Jones I plan to buy a Mercedes in support. If you can't stand the heat Alan, stay out of the kitchen.James Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 4:25 PM
David McCarthy is obviously a non-thinker, much like Gillard and her inept posse - David's case possibly being hormonal based?
The Federal Government impose hideous taxation policies on the likes of Mercedes Benz - not only to line their own pockets, but in order to protect Australia's fumbling, bumbling and utterly hideous motor industry.
Mercedes Benz are probably the safest cars in the world, but the majority of Australian's can't afford them as a direct result of government intervention - luxury car tax?
Is it any wonder our road toll is so high?
Something to consider here McCarthy - it's the policies of the red headed witch that are affecting your bottom line - not the non-factual comments made by people toward her. Remembering of course - Labor and all their supporters are shameless.
One cannot die of shame if one does not have any!!!Gerard Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 1:53 PM
Just a blip in Jones's long and really envious career. So what. The female failing factor has been that way since MAN walked. They will NEVER have the family jewels no matter what they try.
Then try something else like grab a male chimp and colonize Mars. Maybe something will happen.Harald Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 11:58 AM
What sheer hypocricy by M-B! They and every other major manufacturer in Germany at the time had no qualms associating with Hitler and building weapons of war. I can't recall any reports that they threatened to take back his big 6-wheeler. LOL!Benny of Bendigo Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 11:32 AM
Neil: I posted a comment yesterday indicating that there appeared to be several several versions of facts relating to just when Mercedes Benz Australia decided to cease their advertising with 2GB and summons by McCarthy for Alan Jones return the Mercedes Benz Vehicle he had been using. In my comment I asked if you could establish what the correct version was. Unfortunately my comment has not appeared on 3AW's webpage. There may be many reasons why my comment did not get published. An uncharitable person might leap to the conclusion that human intervention was the cause.Russell Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 10:55 AM