- 'The Easter Bunny is bad for kids'
- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Neil Mitchell tells Alan Jones to go and buy his own Mercedes
Neil Mitchell has told Alan Jones to go and buy his own car, after the Sydney broadcaster personally hit out at Mercedes Benz Corporate Communications Manager David McCarthy for asking that his $250,000 S-Class sponsored Mercedes be returned.
Jones said David McCarthy had ‘bignoted himself’ on behalf of Mercedes Benz by requesting his car be returned.
”You big hero, Mr McCarthy, you absolutely gutless wonder,” Jones said on 2GB this morning.
Instead of his usual $250,000 set of wheels, Jones was seen arriving at work today in a silver Lexus.
The President of Melbourne-based gay and lesbian radio station Joy 94.9, David McCarthy joined Neil Mitchell in a joint broadcast from the City Square in May this year. Neil described David McCarthy as a ‘friend of the program’.
Neil Mitchell said McCarthy had ‘taken a step up in his estimation’ by requesting Jones return his free car.
”Go and buy one!” Neil Mitchell said.
”(The) bloke can't get a train, or a cab, or a limo, or a lexus.
”David, give him his car back. He needs a Mercedes. He really does need something big and bright and impressive.”
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell on Alan Jones' Mercedes:
On the contrary, having always had BMW's we were thinking about the move to Mercedes. McCarthy's stupid actions will prove beneficial for BMW, as we will never look at a Mercedes whilst he is at the helm.Milton Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:41 AM
I have always been a BMW man however after the action taken against Alan Jones I plan to buy a Mercedes in support. If you can't stand the heat Alan, stay out of the kitchen.James Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 4:25 PM
David McCarthy is obviously a non-thinker, much like Gillard and her inept posse - David's case possibly being hormonal based?
The Federal Government impose hideous taxation policies on the likes of Mercedes Benz - not only to line their own pockets, but in order to protect Australia's fumbling, bumbling and utterly hideous motor industry.
Mercedes Benz are probably the safest cars in the world, but the majority of Australian's can't afford them as a direct result of government intervention - luxury car tax?
Is it any wonder our road toll is so high?
Something to consider here McCarthy - it's the policies of the red headed witch that are affecting your bottom line - not the non-factual comments made by people toward her. Remembering of course - Labor and all their supporters are shameless.
One cannot die of shame if one does not have any!!!Gerard Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 1:53 PM
Just a blip in Jones's long and really envious career. So what. The female failing factor has been that way since MAN walked. They will NEVER have the family jewels no matter what they try.
Then try something else like grab a male chimp and colonize Mars. Maybe something will happen.Harald Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 11:58 AM
What sheer hypocricy by M-B! They and every other major manufacturer in Germany at the time had no qualms associating with Hitler and building weapons of war. I can't recall any reports that they threatened to take back his big 6-wheeler. LOL!Benny of Bendigo Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 11:32 AM
Neil: I posted a comment yesterday indicating that there appeared to be several several versions of facts relating to just when Mercedes Benz Australia decided to cease their advertising with 2GB and summons by McCarthy for Alan Jones return the Mercedes Benz Vehicle he had been using. In my comment I asked if you could establish what the correct version was. Unfortunately my comment has not appeared on 3AW's webpage. There may be many reasons why my comment did not get published. An uncharitable person might leap to the conclusion that human intervention was the cause.Russell Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 10:55 AM