- Shaw takes the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Pub of the Week
- Pensioners petition over tough budget
- 'The most effective terrorists yet'
- Telstra faces court over late fees
- 'The figures say it all'
- Biological parents acknowledged in surrogacy law changes
- Julie Bishop to contact Chinese embassy over Palmer comments
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David THomas on 'The figures say it all' Statistical evidence mounts that the police often do not recruit the sharpest pencils in the box. Seriously. Turn the ... more
- John on 'The figures say it all' This is not about fairness, it is about deflecting responsibility. The camera system should conform to vehicles operating ... more
- Paul on 'The figures say it all' Have a look at the front of any modern bike and you will quickly see why it is not possible to put a front plate on. There ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'The figures say it all' i just cannot believe that a simple e tag cannot be stuck on the front of the bike...its so simple, surely... more
- Samuel J on 'The figures say it all' Motor cycles should have front and rear number plates. The notion that front number plates dissect pedestrians is complete ... more
- Mark on 'The figures say it all' All a bit of a joke, here in Europe, bikes get a much larger rear plate... more than double the size. Aussies often hide the ... more
- Richard on 'The figures say it all' If its such a problem why are the Penisula Link cameras facing the front? The fault is in the camera system. more
- Tom Bysen on 'The figures say it all' Why not ban bikes altogether? We can all sit jammed on the freeway, in our 2tonne suv's being safe. more
- John Karmouche on 'The figures say it all' Everyone is barking up the wrong tree. Its not about putting a number plate on a motorcycle- that's the cover story the ... more
- Lukew on 'The figures say it all' Commissioner Gordon Lewis can huff and puff all he likes but this is about the money. Never mind the doubt, why would we ... more
- poppitt on 'The figures say it all' Against the law to ride a bike that does have number plates back and front. Fine them $500 for each plate that is not ... more
- Time for a career change Neil on 'The figures say it all' Gee, it must be almost the 3rd week of the month. Time for Neil to roll out the anti motorcycle vitriol again. The same ... more
- Otto on 'The figures say it all' Anything to justify the cash cows, how many of these thousands of lethal speeding motorcycles actually result in a fatality ... more
- Gazza on Top cop concerned over pokies gang Multiculturalism at its finest more
- dom on Spot the 'ghost'? Sorry the line for popcorn was long... more
- Rory on Spot the 'ghost'? Why do ghosts always have clothes on? I wonder if a tradie has to wear Hi-Viz if they get a ghost. more
- charles on Spot the 'ghost'? I see an elderly lady old white shirt, black hair, pale skin sitting at the top of staircase, peering to the right as if ... more
- Rhees on Spot the 'ghost'? I can see through the railings.Enlarge picture and take a close look, definitely something there.One place i worked at ... more
- Anne of Dallas on Spot the 'ghost'? Well.. I cant see the ghost.. but I did learn something fabulous from one of the readers in comment! "Enlarge for a better ... more
- Joanne on Spot the 'ghost'? Enlarge for a better look. To enlarge the photo if using a computer: press control and the plus button at the same time more
Neil Mitchell tells Alan Jones to go and buy his own Mercedes
Neil Mitchell has told Alan Jones to go and buy his own car, after the Sydney broadcaster personally hit out at Mercedes Benz Corporate Communications Manager David McCarthy for asking that his $250,000 S-Class sponsored Mercedes be returned.
Jones said David McCarthy had ‘bignoted himself’ on behalf of Mercedes Benz by requesting his car be returned.
”You big hero, Mr McCarthy, you absolutely gutless wonder,” Jones said on 2GB this morning.
Instead of his usual $250,000 set of wheels, Jones was seen arriving at work today in a silver Lexus.
The President of Melbourne-based gay and lesbian radio station Joy 94.9, David McCarthy joined Neil Mitchell in a joint broadcast from the City Square in May this year. Neil described David McCarthy as a ‘friend of the program’.
Neil Mitchell said McCarthy had ‘taken a step up in his estimation’ by requesting Jones return his free car.
”Go and buy one!” Neil Mitchell said.
”(The) bloke can't get a train, or a cab, or a limo, or a lexus.
”David, give him his car back. He needs a Mercedes. He really does need something big and bright and impressive.”
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell on Alan Jones' Mercedes:
On the contrary, having always had BMW's we were thinking about the move to Mercedes. McCarthy's stupid actions will prove beneficial for BMW, as we will never look at a Mercedes whilst he is at the helm.Milton Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:41 AM
I have always been a BMW man however after the action taken against Alan Jones I plan to buy a Mercedes in support. If you can't stand the heat Alan, stay out of the kitchen.James Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 4:25 PM
David McCarthy is obviously a non-thinker, much like Gillard and her inept posse - David's case possibly being hormonal based?
The Federal Government impose hideous taxation policies on the likes of Mercedes Benz - not only to line their own pockets, but in order to protect Australia's fumbling, bumbling and utterly hideous motor industry.
Mercedes Benz are probably the safest cars in the world, but the majority of Australian's can't afford them as a direct result of government intervention - luxury car tax?
Is it any wonder our road toll is so high?
Something to consider here McCarthy - it's the policies of the red headed witch that are affecting your bottom line - not the non-factual comments made by people toward her. Remembering of course - Labor and all their supporters are shameless.
One cannot die of shame if one does not have any!!!Gerard Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 1:53 PM
Just a blip in Jones's long and really envious career. So what. The female failing factor has been that way since MAN walked. They will NEVER have the family jewels no matter what they try.
Then try something else like grab a male chimp and colonize Mars. Maybe something will happen.Harald Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 11:58 AM
What sheer hypocricy by M-B! They and every other major manufacturer in Germany at the time had no qualms associating with Hitler and building weapons of war. I can't recall any reports that they threatened to take back his big 6-wheeler. LOL!Benny of Bendigo Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 11:32 AM
Neil: I posted a comment yesterday indicating that there appeared to be several several versions of facts relating to just when Mercedes Benz Australia decided to cease their advertising with 2GB and summons by McCarthy for Alan Jones return the Mercedes Benz Vehicle he had been using. In my comment I asked if you could establish what the correct version was. Unfortunately my comment has not appeared on 3AW's webpage. There may be many reasons why my comment did not get published. An uncharitable person might leap to the conclusion that human intervention was the cause.Russell Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 10:55 AM