- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- Melbourne's rail horror
- Beach rules are a dog's breakfast
- East West protestors vow to continue fight
- Setting the record Strait
- Tyler Fishlock gets the 'all clear'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
- PH on Hinch freed from jail sans beard My first though looking at that photo was Darren James in 30 years time. more
- Pat Heuvel on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Definitely not the right thing to do. You want to crack down on someone? crack down on the ones that use their phones while ... more
- darrin on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn your lucky i know people have had to spend 1 day per $100 but i guess like most people with some fame to there name ... more
- Sarah on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truck drivers are constantly speeding on the roads I travel. I have watched a truck in front of me lose control and jack ... more
- joe on 'We need to get tough on truckies' I think a good idea for the point system on your licence is that the first 4 points are normal fines. Then next 4 points are ... more
- Russell Watts on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Neil, it should not matter if you are a truck driver or not, if you lose 12 points then you lose your licence. But the laws ... more
- Andrew on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Hi Neil. Why not extend fines to trucking companies as well as drivers? Truck company gets the same fine as the driver? Or a ... more
- poppitt on 'We need to get tough on truckies' They are supposed to be professional drivers, they are supposed to know the law. I think most truck drivers are fantastic ... more
- poppitt on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... Everything packaged or not should be labelled. It is not enough for the customer to ask, my son has gluten intolernace, asks ... more
- Wendy on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... How ridiculous not having to label fresh salad ingredients by law! It's still got ingredients and someone is still going to ... more
- Hazel Finney on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Bass Coast Council brought this ban through without proper consultation from the public. more
- Olga on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast We pay to camp on the foreshore on the peninsula where dogs can roam all day. They pee on our towels our kids are scared. ... more
- Aria Judilla on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Forget the beaches, we can't even take our kids to the park anymore because of the dogs that run up to them and paw them and ... more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast NO CONFIDENCE in the Bass Coast council more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Dogs on a lead at all times along Inverloch beach. Fine then $500 Bass Coast. We got a new Council full of spin and lies and ... more
- ian on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Have you ever sat near or on dog POO. more
Neil Mitchell tells Alan Jones to go and buy his own Mercedes
Neil Mitchell has told Alan Jones to go and buy his own car, after the Sydney broadcaster personally hit out at Mercedes Benz Corporate Communications Manager David McCarthy for asking that his $250,000 S-Class sponsored Mercedes be returned.
Jones said David McCarthy had ‘bignoted himself’ on behalf of Mercedes Benz by requesting his car be returned.
”You big hero, Mr McCarthy, you absolutely gutless wonder,” Jones said on 2GB this morning.
Instead of his usual $250,000 set of wheels, Jones was seen arriving at work today in a silver Lexus.
The President of Melbourne-based gay and lesbian radio station Joy 94.9, David McCarthy joined Neil Mitchell in a joint broadcast from the City Square in May this year. Neil described David McCarthy as a ‘friend of the program’.
Neil Mitchell said McCarthy had ‘taken a step up in his estimation’ by requesting Jones return his free car.
”Go and buy one!” Neil Mitchell said.
”(The) bloke can't get a train, or a cab, or a limo, or a lexus.
”David, give him his car back. He needs a Mercedes. He really does need something big and bright and impressive.”
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell on Alan Jones' Mercedes:
On the contrary, having always had BMW's we were thinking about the move to Mercedes. McCarthy's stupid actions will prove beneficial for BMW, as we will never look at a Mercedes whilst he is at the helm.Milton Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:41 AM
I have always been a BMW man however after the action taken against Alan Jones I plan to buy a Mercedes in support. If you can't stand the heat Alan, stay out of the kitchen.James Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 4:25 PM
David McCarthy is obviously a non-thinker, much like Gillard and her inept posse - David's case possibly being hormonal based?
The Federal Government impose hideous taxation policies on the likes of Mercedes Benz - not only to line their own pockets, but in order to protect Australia's fumbling, bumbling and utterly hideous motor industry.
Mercedes Benz are probably the safest cars in the world, but the majority of Australian's can't afford them as a direct result of government intervention - luxury car tax?
Is it any wonder our road toll is so high?
Something to consider here McCarthy - it's the policies of the red headed witch that are affecting your bottom line - not the non-factual comments made by people toward her. Remembering of course - Labor and all their supporters are shameless.
One cannot die of shame if one does not have any!!!Gerard Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 1:53 PM
Just a blip in Jones's long and really envious career. So what. The female failing factor has been that way since MAN walked. They will NEVER have the family jewels no matter what they try.
Then try something else like grab a male chimp and colonize Mars. Maybe something will happen.Harald Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 11:58 AM
What sheer hypocricy by M-B! They and every other major manufacturer in Germany at the time had no qualms associating with Hitler and building weapons of war. I can't recall any reports that they threatened to take back his big 6-wheeler. LOL!Benny of Bendigo Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 11:32 AM
Neil: I posted a comment yesterday indicating that there appeared to be several several versions of facts relating to just when Mercedes Benz Australia decided to cease their advertising with 2GB and summons by McCarthy for Alan Jones return the Mercedes Benz Vehicle he had been using. In my comment I asked if you could establish what the correct version was. Unfortunately my comment has not appeared on 3AW's webpage. There may be many reasons why my comment did not get published. An uncharitable person might leap to the conclusion that human intervention was the cause.Russell Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 10:55 AM