- Calls to legalise marijuana
- ABC work-ethic 'shocking': Former manager
- 'It was something we didn't want to see'
- RSL apologises over Turban ban
- Australian Open in 16-year-old's sights
- RSL slams Crowe's comments
- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on 'I don't deserve this' Solomons' Sword. You really think it happens that way. Your a joke.If your happy waiting 16mins for an Ambulance while ... more
- MikeO on 'I don't deserve this' Ambos need a pay rise but there many other people who need them too. I do not like people paid by the tax payer using their ... more
- Randal Woods on 'I don't deserve this' Solomon's Sword, you are obviously a moron. What ambo stands over patients, asking who they will vote for before they treat ... more
- Andrew on 'I don't deserve this' Advocating for patients is a professional trait and being outspoken is acceptable in that context. However, I'm not sure if ... more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
Neil Mitchell tells Alan Jones to go and buy his own Mercedes
Neil Mitchell has told Alan Jones to go and buy his own car, after the Sydney broadcaster personally hit out at Mercedes Benz Corporate Communications Manager David McCarthy for asking that his $250,000 S-Class sponsored Mercedes be returned.
Jones said David McCarthy had ‘bignoted himself’ on behalf of Mercedes Benz by requesting his car be returned.
”You big hero, Mr McCarthy, you absolutely gutless wonder,” Jones said on 2GB this morning.
Instead of his usual $250,000 set of wheels, Jones was seen arriving at work today in a silver Lexus.
The President of Melbourne-based gay and lesbian radio station Joy 94.9, David McCarthy joined Neil Mitchell in a joint broadcast from the City Square in May this year. Neil described David McCarthy as a ‘friend of the program’.
Neil Mitchell said McCarthy had ‘taken a step up in his estimation’ by requesting Jones return his free car.
”Go and buy one!” Neil Mitchell said.
”(The) bloke can't get a train, or a cab, or a limo, or a lexus.
”David, give him his car back. He needs a Mercedes. He really does need something big and bright and impressive.”
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell on Alan Jones' Mercedes:
On the contrary, having always had BMW's we were thinking about the move to Mercedes. McCarthy's stupid actions will prove beneficial for BMW, as we will never look at a Mercedes whilst he is at the helm.Milton Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:41 AM
I have always been a BMW man however after the action taken against Alan Jones I plan to buy a Mercedes in support. If you can't stand the heat Alan, stay out of the kitchen.James Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 4:25 PM
David McCarthy is obviously a non-thinker, much like Gillard and her inept posse - David's case possibly being hormonal based?
The Federal Government impose hideous taxation policies on the likes of Mercedes Benz - not only to line their own pockets, but in order to protect Australia's fumbling, bumbling and utterly hideous motor industry.
Mercedes Benz are probably the safest cars in the world, but the majority of Australian's can't afford them as a direct result of government intervention - luxury car tax?
Is it any wonder our road toll is so high?
Something to consider here McCarthy - it's the policies of the red headed witch that are affecting your bottom line - not the non-factual comments made by people toward her. Remembering of course - Labor and all their supporters are shameless.
One cannot die of shame if one does not have any!!!Gerard Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 1:53 PM
Just a blip in Jones's long and really envious career. So what. The female failing factor has been that way since MAN walked. They will NEVER have the family jewels no matter what they try.
Then try something else like grab a male chimp and colonize Mars. Maybe something will happen.Harald Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 11:58 AM
What sheer hypocricy by M-B! They and every other major manufacturer in Germany at the time had no qualms associating with Hitler and building weapons of war. I can't recall any reports that they threatened to take back his big 6-wheeler. LOL!Benny of Bendigo Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 11:32 AM
Neil: I posted a comment yesterday indicating that there appeared to be several several versions of facts relating to just when Mercedes Benz Australia decided to cease their advertising with 2GB and summons by McCarthy for Alan Jones return the Mercedes Benz Vehicle he had been using. In my comment I asked if you could establish what the correct version was. Unfortunately my comment has not appeared on 3AW's webpage. There may be many reasons why my comment did not get published. An uncharitable person might leap to the conclusion that human intervention was the cause.Russell Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 10:55 AM