- 'The Easter Bunny is bad for kids'
- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Neil Mitchell: 'The Church needs to be put in the witness box'
Image: Cardinal George Pell (FFX)
NEIL MITCHELL: George Pell is the most senior Catholic in the country and he doesn’t get it on child abuse by the church.
He just doesn’t get it or he is so determined to protect the church he is blind.
He says: 1. The Church is not the only culprit in this.
2. He says victims have already had justice.
3. There is no need for a Royal Commission.
Not for the first time George Pell is totally wrong in my view.
Completely out of touch with the pain and the community outrage about what has happened.
Reports continue today that the church has been covering up child abuse.
I want a Royal Commission.
I want George Pell on the stand, under oath, forensically questioned.
That might get it through to him, rather than standing in a pulpit beyond question.
George Pell and anybody else necessary.
I think a federal royal commission is the only answer.
Victoria’s committee is not up to it and NSW is not showing the determination needed.
The pressure is building on Julia Gillard. She must do something here.
I hope it is a Royal Commission, but if she can find another manner of investigation that is good enough, then so be it.
The Church needs to be put in the witness box, the community is owed the truth.
The followers of the church are owed the truth.
Their victims more than anything are owed that little satisfaction.
Julia Gillard must act on it and I believe she will.
I can tell that most people have a dislike for what the church teaches despite all the good that it does. Yet those same people would be happy to provide the church with advice. I am happy for you to keep your advice . Victims can always go to the police to stop any cover up. We have right to believe want we, hence not only do we choose disagree with you, but your own consicience must makes you unsettled. You have the right to be wrong, and biased , and obivious bigots. Someone has to defend a church too polite to have suicide bombers. The church that is the greatest social service in the world , the church that gives the most help to the poor and needy. The church that donates more aid than most countries do. Get a clue Mitchell.Nogodequalsnomorals Wednesday 21 November, 2012 - 11:14 PM
IF the church gets put on the witness box, watch to see if they swear on the bible or by an affirmation (not on the bible. Heard of recent cases where priests refuse to swear on the bible in these abuse cases. They are lying - disgusting.Tricky Wednesday 21 November, 2012 - 10:59 AM
The scandal in the Catholic Church !.don't they mean the scandal that is the Catholic Church .
the only honest and intelligent thing Mr Pell has ever said during the Richard Dawkins debate..
was that ' the book of Genesis was not to be taken literally ,as it is just a metaphor for good and evil"
no question as to what side Mr Pell is on.
he doesn't even speak for the Australian Bishops..this week alone a retired bishop has called him a 'great embarrassment '.
he speaks for no one but himself and his aptly named pope Ratzinger "the absolute monarchy"!
..as we speak Human Rights lawyers, experts in International law and advocacy groups from various
countries are filing charges and urging the International Criminal Court in The Hague to intervene and prosecute Pope Benedict XV1 and other top Vatican hierarchy for Crimes against Humanity
for the 'systematic and widespread cover-up's of paedophile priests.
"Petty gossip" is how the pope has described irrefutable evidence of serious crimes..
He said 'sorry ' and can't understand why the whole thing hasn't blown over ..
Pell mimicked that sentiment last week.
The Vatican is claiming diplomatic immunity that protects the pope from any responsibility.
Read Geoffrey Roberson QC "A case of the Pope'..
Read the Irish Royal commission into Church sexual abuse findings.
Join 'Project Reason '. to get the pope to The Hague.
Lets not waste time on the Pell's of this world
he is just a silly puppet.Rosemary Friday 16 November, 2012 - 6:31 PM
What did you do Neil "bitchall", that will is going to be reported by other media in the new year..How about the link between you and robert clarke, and the renegade three "JUDAS GOATS" who run with the hare and hunt with hounds ALONG THE EASTERN SEABOARD IN AUSTRALIA...my my you have left yourself wide open...all in the interests of.. I believe public scrutiny..well what do tom cats do at nite...justice coming up and back Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:16 AM
It's all a big disgrace. Every Catholic who attends any church, paying money and supporting the worlds largest legal pedofile ring should hang their heads in shame. Your organisation is responsible for more deaths than most outlawed terrorist organisations. In my opinion the whole Church should be outlawed in Australia. The destruction, death and hurt that this supposed holier than thou organisation has imposed on it's innocent followers is unacceptable and every day that passes that the government drags it's feet only goes to show how they really don't care. So you think it's still not happening now , thats it's stopped .... then you obviously don't think. George Pell has overseen all this for many years and swept it under the carpet. The evidence has been known widely for so long. How long can they get away with this? OUTLAW THIS FILTHY DESPICABLE GROUP. I'm sorry to say again if you go and support this organization knowing what they have perpetrated then how do you live with yourself.Daniel Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 4:41 AM
To all of you saying other Insitututions should be made accountable too! They will be as this enquiry will encompass ALL acts of paedophilia in Australia not just in the catholic church but it is well known that the majority of abuse was within the catholic church by clergy and is STILL being covered up by the likes of Pell.GIW Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 11:05 AM