- Why your digital TV cuts out
- Gingerbread men get the chop
- What Ottawa terror attacks mean to Australia
- Meeting the 'invisible senator'
- Young boy rescued from car
- 'Street culture mixed with Islamism'
- The angry and the bizarre: Radio callers react to Pistorius sentence
- Paid parking approved for Yarraville
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
Neil Mitchell: 'The Church needs to be put in the witness box'
Image: Cardinal George Pell (FFX)
NEIL MITCHELL: George Pell is the most senior Catholic in the country and he doesn’t get it on child abuse by the church.
He just doesn’t get it or he is so determined to protect the church he is blind.
He says: 1. The Church is not the only culprit in this.
2. He says victims have already had justice.
3. There is no need for a Royal Commission.
Not for the first time George Pell is totally wrong in my view.
Completely out of touch with the pain and the community outrage about what has happened.
Reports continue today that the church has been covering up child abuse.
I want a Royal Commission.
I want George Pell on the stand, under oath, forensically questioned.
That might get it through to him, rather than standing in a pulpit beyond question.
George Pell and anybody else necessary.
I think a federal royal commission is the only answer.
Victoria’s committee is not up to it and NSW is not showing the determination needed.
The pressure is building on Julia Gillard. She must do something here.
I hope it is a Royal Commission, but if she can find another manner of investigation that is good enough, then so be it.
The Church needs to be put in the witness box, the community is owed the truth.
The followers of the church are owed the truth.
Their victims more than anything are owed that little satisfaction.
Julia Gillard must act on it and I believe she will.
I can tell that most people have a dislike for what the church teaches despite all the good that it does. Yet those same people would be happy to provide the church with advice. I am happy for you to keep your advice . Victims can always go to the police to stop any cover up. We have right to believe want we, hence not only do we choose disagree with you, but your own consicience must makes you unsettled. You have the right to be wrong, and biased , and obivious bigots. Someone has to defend a church too polite to have suicide bombers. The church that is the greatest social service in the world , the church that gives the most help to the poor and needy. The church that donates more aid than most countries do. Get a clue Mitchell.Nogodequalsnomorals Wednesday 21 November, 2012 - 11:14 PM
IF the church gets put on the witness box, watch to see if they swear on the bible or by an affirmation (not on the bible. Heard of recent cases where priests refuse to swear on the bible in these abuse cases. They are lying - disgusting.Tricky Wednesday 21 November, 2012 - 10:59 AM
The scandal in the Catholic Church !.don't they mean the scandal that is the Catholic Church .
the only honest and intelligent thing Mr Pell has ever said during the Richard Dawkins debate..
was that ' the book of Genesis was not to be taken literally ,as it is just a metaphor for good and evil"
no question as to what side Mr Pell is on.
he doesn't even speak for the Australian Bishops..this week alone a retired bishop has called him a 'great embarrassment '.
he speaks for no one but himself and his aptly named pope Ratzinger "the absolute monarchy"!
..as we speak Human Rights lawyers, experts in International law and advocacy groups from various
countries are filing charges and urging the International Criminal Court in The Hague to intervene and prosecute Pope Benedict XV1 and other top Vatican hierarchy for Crimes against Humanity
for the 'systematic and widespread cover-up's of paedophile priests.
"Petty gossip" is how the pope has described irrefutable evidence of serious crimes..
He said 'sorry ' and can't understand why the whole thing hasn't blown over ..
Pell mimicked that sentiment last week.
The Vatican is claiming diplomatic immunity that protects the pope from any responsibility.
Read Geoffrey Roberson QC "A case of the Pope'..
Read the Irish Royal commission into Church sexual abuse findings.
Join 'Project Reason '. to get the pope to The Hague.
Lets not waste time on the Pell's of this world
he is just a silly puppet.Rosemary Friday 16 November, 2012 - 6:31 PM
What did you do Neil "bitchall", that will is going to be reported by other media in the new year..How about the link between you and robert clarke, and the renegade three "JUDAS GOATS" who run with the hare and hunt with hounds ALONG THE EASTERN SEABOARD IN AUSTRALIA...my my you have left yourself wide open...all in the interests of.. I believe public scrutiny..well what do tom cats do at nite...justice coming up and back Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:16 AM
It's all a big disgrace. Every Catholic who attends any church, paying money and supporting the worlds largest legal pedofile ring should hang their heads in shame. Your organisation is responsible for more deaths than most outlawed terrorist organisations. In my opinion the whole Church should be outlawed in Australia. The destruction, death and hurt that this supposed holier than thou organisation has imposed on it's innocent followers is unacceptable and every day that passes that the government drags it's feet only goes to show how they really don't care. So you think it's still not happening now , thats it's stopped .... then you obviously don't think. George Pell has overseen all this for many years and swept it under the carpet. The evidence has been known widely for so long. How long can they get away with this? OUTLAW THIS FILTHY DESPICABLE GROUP. I'm sorry to say again if you go and support this organization knowing what they have perpetrated then how do you live with yourself.Daniel Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 4:41 AM
To all of you saying other Insitututions should be made accountable too! They will be as this enquiry will encompass ALL acts of paedophilia in Australia not just in the catholic church but it is well known that the majority of abuse was within the catholic church by clergy and is STILL being covered up by the likes of Pell.GIW Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 11:05 AM