- 'It can happen to anyone'
- Bank asks for 3-year-old's details
- Students told to take off Poppy
- Doyle to purge streets of cheap grog
- Has Neil Mitchell broken the law?
- Lite, but not that easy to deliver
- CanTeen makes a difference
- 'These women have shaken us up'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- garry on Students told to take off Poppy Sack the teacher for imparting there own views on the children. How disgustingly disrespectful of our fallen fathers.I could ... more
- Tess on 'It can happen to anyone' I year it was NOT AN ACCIDENT IT WAS A DELIBERATE ONCE SHE CHOSE TO DRIVE ....... and she gets congratulated and rewarded ... more
- IBARKER on 'It can happen to anyone' Sorry to "LATE". more
- Graeme Porter on 'It can happen to anyone' Could somebody look at these wire traffic barriers that are being installed everywhere. On the South Gippsland Highway the ... more
- marypenny on 'It can happen to anyone' yea yea yea!allthese rogue booze filled drivers are having a revival and are all successful whatever.Yea we can do it! ... more
- Sean Murphy on Students told to take off Poppy Last time I looked a poppy was not a religious item nor was a bracelet. Where did this teacher get the idea that Remembrance ... more
- Rachel on 'It can happen to anyone' This is a brilliant campaign. Amanda is making such a statement in sharing this story.I frequently attend functions and then ... more
- Gloria on Students told to take off Poppy I am an RSL Poppy Seller and I find this story incredible.What is this teachers background? more
- Irish on Students told to take off Poppy Disgraceful! I hope the principal doesn't take the side of the teacher concerned but as usual the minority win don't they? more
- johnson on Students told to take off Poppy who's...Poppy's...hmmm...looks like the ten year old is not the only one in need of schooling more
- PatQuickCrazy on Students told to take off Poppy Seriously, who are we catering for here?? This is outrageous! Sack the teacher I say! more
- Kate on Students told to take off Poppy So should the teacher now ignore all of the school policies just in case a parent decides their child should be an exception ... more
- Daniel on Students told to take off Poppy So there is a kid wearing a piece of jewellery which he shouldn't be wearing and a teacher confiscates it ... Fair and ... more
- Carl Thompson on Students told to take off Poppy If one of my children was at that school the teacher would get a crowbar around the ears. I hope that there is a patriot ... more
- Dave on Students told to take off Poppy What was the teachers nationality.????It could explain a bit. more
- Eejay 68 on Students told to take off Poppy How unaustralian of this teacher. The wearing of poppies/badges should be encouraged in schools for the week of the event. more
- Vicki simpson on Students told to take off Poppy I've had kids going there for the last 17 year the school has always sold Anzac badges and have sold Poppy's as well the ... more
- Peggy on 'These women have shaken us up' Why should any murder be considered average? The victim is still dead and the impact on the family is just as great so why ... more
- Gloria on Breakfast clubs for schools And how do they determine whether the children are disadvantaged or the parents just plain lazy. more
- Susie on Breakfast clubs for schools Parents get money from Centrelink to do this yet they spend elsewhere. School breakfast program started here years ago when ... more
Neil Mitchell: 'The Church needs to be put in the witness box'
Image: Cardinal George Pell (FFX)
NEIL MITCHELL: George Pell is the most senior Catholic in the country and he doesn’t get it on child abuse by the church.
He just doesn’t get it or he is so determined to protect the church he is blind.
He says: 1. The Church is not the only culprit in this.
2. He says victims have already had justice.
3. There is no need for a Royal Commission.
Not for the first time George Pell is totally wrong in my view.
Completely out of touch with the pain and the community outrage about what has happened.
Reports continue today that the church has been covering up child abuse.
I want a Royal Commission.
I want George Pell on the stand, under oath, forensically questioned.
That might get it through to him, rather than standing in a pulpit beyond question.
George Pell and anybody else necessary.
I think a federal royal commission is the only answer.
Victoria’s committee is not up to it and NSW is not showing the determination needed.
The pressure is building on Julia Gillard. She must do something here.
I hope it is a Royal Commission, but if she can find another manner of investigation that is good enough, then so be it.
The Church needs to be put in the witness box, the community is owed the truth.
The followers of the church are owed the truth.
Their victims more than anything are owed that little satisfaction.
Julia Gillard must act on it and I believe she will.
I can tell that most people have a dislike for what the church teaches despite all the good that it does. Yet those same people would be happy to provide the church with advice. I am happy for you to keep your advice . Victims can always go to the police to stop any cover up. We have right to believe want we, hence not only do we choose disagree with you, but your own consicience must makes you unsettled. You have the right to be wrong, and biased , and obivious bigots. Someone has to defend a church too polite to have suicide bombers. The church that is the greatest social service in the world , the church that gives the most help to the poor and needy. The church that donates more aid than most countries do. Get a clue Mitchell.Nogodequalsnomorals Wednesday 21 November, 2012 - 11:14 PM
IF the church gets put on the witness box, watch to see if they swear on the bible or by an affirmation (not on the bible. Heard of recent cases where priests refuse to swear on the bible in these abuse cases. They are lying - disgusting.Tricky Wednesday 21 November, 2012 - 10:59 AM
The scandal in the Catholic Church !.don't they mean the scandal that is the Catholic Church .
the only honest and intelligent thing Mr Pell has ever said during the Richard Dawkins debate..
was that ' the book of Genesis was not to be taken literally ,as it is just a metaphor for good and evil"
no question as to what side Mr Pell is on.
he doesn't even speak for the Australian Bishops..this week alone a retired bishop has called him a 'great embarrassment '.
he speaks for no one but himself and his aptly named pope Ratzinger "the absolute monarchy"!
..as we speak Human Rights lawyers, experts in International law and advocacy groups from various
countries are filing charges and urging the International Criminal Court in The Hague to intervene and prosecute Pope Benedict XV1 and other top Vatican hierarchy for Crimes against Humanity
for the 'systematic and widespread cover-up's of paedophile priests.
"Petty gossip" is how the pope has described irrefutable evidence of serious crimes..
He said 'sorry ' and can't understand why the whole thing hasn't blown over ..
Pell mimicked that sentiment last week.
The Vatican is claiming diplomatic immunity that protects the pope from any responsibility.
Read Geoffrey Roberson QC "A case of the Pope'..
Read the Irish Royal commission into Church sexual abuse findings.
Join 'Project Reason '. to get the pope to The Hague.
Lets not waste time on the Pell's of this world
he is just a silly puppet.Rosemary Friday 16 November, 2012 - 6:31 PM
What did you do Neil "bitchall", that will is going to be reported by other media in the new year..How about the link between you and robert clarke, and the renegade three "JUDAS GOATS" who run with the hare and hunt with hounds ALONG THE EASTERN SEABOARD IN AUSTRALIA...my my you have left yourself wide open...all in the interests of.. I believe public scrutiny..well what do tom cats do at nite...justice coming up and back Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:16 AM
It's all a big disgrace. Every Catholic who attends any church, paying money and supporting the worlds largest legal pedofile ring should hang their heads in shame. Your organisation is responsible for more deaths than most outlawed terrorist organisations. In my opinion the whole Church should be outlawed in Australia. The destruction, death and hurt that this supposed holier than thou organisation has imposed on it's innocent followers is unacceptable and every day that passes that the government drags it's feet only goes to show how they really don't care. So you think it's still not happening now , thats it's stopped .... then you obviously don't think. George Pell has overseen all this for many years and swept it under the carpet. The evidence has been known widely for so long. How long can they get away with this? OUTLAW THIS FILTHY DESPICABLE GROUP. I'm sorry to say again if you go and support this organization knowing what they have perpetrated then how do you live with yourself.Daniel Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 4:41 AM
To all of you saying other Insitututions should be made accountable too! They will be as this enquiry will encompass ALL acts of paedophilia in Australia not just in the catholic church but it is well known that the majority of abuse was within the catholic church by clergy and is STILL being covered up by the likes of Pell.GIW Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 11:05 AM