- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- Melbourne's rail horror
- Beach rules are a dog's breakfast
- East West protestors vow to continue fight
- Setting the record Strait
- Tyler Fishlock gets the 'all clear'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
- PH on Hinch freed from jail sans beard My first though looking at that photo was Darren James in 30 years time. more
- Pat Heuvel on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Definitely not the right thing to do. You want to crack down on someone? crack down on the ones that use their phones while ... more
- darrin on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn your lucky i know people have had to spend 1 day per $100 but i guess like most people with some fame to there name ... more
- Sarah on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truck drivers are constantly speeding on the roads I travel. I have watched a truck in front of me lose control and jack ... more
- joe on 'We need to get tough on truckies' I think a good idea for the point system on your licence is that the first 4 points are normal fines. Then next 4 points are ... more
- Russell Watts on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Neil, it should not matter if you are a truck driver or not, if you lose 12 points then you lose your licence. But the laws ... more
- Andrew on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Hi Neil. Why not extend fines to trucking companies as well as drivers? Truck company gets the same fine as the driver? Or a ... more
- poppitt on 'We need to get tough on truckies' They are supposed to be professional drivers, they are supposed to know the law. I think most truck drivers are fantastic ... more
- poppitt on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... Everything packaged or not should be labelled. It is not enough for the customer to ask, my son has gluten intolernace, asks ... more
- Wendy on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... How ridiculous not having to label fresh salad ingredients by law! It's still got ingredients and someone is still going to ... more
- Hazel Finney on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Bass Coast Council brought this ban through without proper consultation from the public. more
- Olga on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast We pay to camp on the foreshore on the peninsula where dogs can roam all day. They pee on our towels our kids are scared. ... more
- Aria Judilla on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Forget the beaches, we can't even take our kids to the park anymore because of the dogs that run up to them and paw them and ... more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast NO CONFIDENCE in the Bass Coast council more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Dogs on a lead at all times along Inverloch beach. Fine then $500 Bass Coast. We got a new Council full of spin and lies and ... more
- ian on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Have you ever sat near or on dog POO. more
Neil Mitchell: 'The Church needs to be put in the witness box'
Image: Cardinal George Pell (FFX)
NEIL MITCHELL: George Pell is the most senior Catholic in the country and he doesn’t get it on child abuse by the church.
He just doesn’t get it or he is so determined to protect the church he is blind.
He says: 1. The Church is not the only culprit in this.
2. He says victims have already had justice.
3. There is no need for a Royal Commission.
Not for the first time George Pell is totally wrong in my view.
Completely out of touch with the pain and the community outrage about what has happened.
Reports continue today that the church has been covering up child abuse.
I want a Royal Commission.
I want George Pell on the stand, under oath, forensically questioned.
That might get it through to him, rather than standing in a pulpit beyond question.
George Pell and anybody else necessary.
I think a federal royal commission is the only answer.
Victoria’s committee is not up to it and NSW is not showing the determination needed.
The pressure is building on Julia Gillard. She must do something here.
I hope it is a Royal Commission, but if she can find another manner of investigation that is good enough, then so be it.
The Church needs to be put in the witness box, the community is owed the truth.
The followers of the church are owed the truth.
Their victims more than anything are owed that little satisfaction.
Julia Gillard must act on it and I believe she will.
I can tell that most people have a dislike for what the church teaches despite all the good that it does. Yet those same people would be happy to provide the church with advice. I am happy for you to keep your advice . Victims can always go to the police to stop any cover up. We have right to believe want we, hence not only do we choose disagree with you, but your own consicience must makes you unsettled. You have the right to be wrong, and biased , and obivious bigots. Someone has to defend a church too polite to have suicide bombers. The church that is the greatest social service in the world , the church that gives the most help to the poor and needy. The church that donates more aid than most countries do. Get a clue Mitchell.Nogodequalsnomorals Wednesday 21 November, 2012 - 11:14 PM
IF the church gets put on the witness box, watch to see if they swear on the bible or by an affirmation (not on the bible. Heard of recent cases where priests refuse to swear on the bible in these abuse cases. They are lying - disgusting.Tricky Wednesday 21 November, 2012 - 10:59 AM
The scandal in the Catholic Church !.don't they mean the scandal that is the Catholic Church .
the only honest and intelligent thing Mr Pell has ever said during the Richard Dawkins debate..
was that ' the book of Genesis was not to be taken literally ,as it is just a metaphor for good and evil"
no question as to what side Mr Pell is on.
he doesn't even speak for the Australian Bishops..this week alone a retired bishop has called him a 'great embarrassment '.
he speaks for no one but himself and his aptly named pope Ratzinger "the absolute monarchy"!
..as we speak Human Rights lawyers, experts in International law and advocacy groups from various
countries are filing charges and urging the International Criminal Court in The Hague to intervene and prosecute Pope Benedict XV1 and other top Vatican hierarchy for Crimes against Humanity
for the 'systematic and widespread cover-up's of paedophile priests.
"Petty gossip" is how the pope has described irrefutable evidence of serious crimes..
He said 'sorry ' and can't understand why the whole thing hasn't blown over ..
Pell mimicked that sentiment last week.
The Vatican is claiming diplomatic immunity that protects the pope from any responsibility.
Read Geoffrey Roberson QC "A case of the Pope'..
Read the Irish Royal commission into Church sexual abuse findings.
Join 'Project Reason '. to get the pope to The Hague.
Lets not waste time on the Pell's of this world
he is just a silly puppet.Rosemary Friday 16 November, 2012 - 6:31 PM
What did you do Neil "bitchall", that will is going to be reported by other media in the new year..How about the link between you and robert clarke, and the renegade three "JUDAS GOATS" who run with the hare and hunt with hounds ALONG THE EASTERN SEABOARD IN AUSTRALIA...my my you have left yourself wide open...all in the interests of.. I believe public scrutiny..well what do tom cats do at nite...justice coming up and back Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:16 AM
It's all a big disgrace. Every Catholic who attends any church, paying money and supporting the worlds largest legal pedofile ring should hang their heads in shame. Your organisation is responsible for more deaths than most outlawed terrorist organisations. In my opinion the whole Church should be outlawed in Australia. The destruction, death and hurt that this supposed holier than thou organisation has imposed on it's innocent followers is unacceptable and every day that passes that the government drags it's feet only goes to show how they really don't care. So you think it's still not happening now , thats it's stopped .... then you obviously don't think. George Pell has overseen all this for many years and swept it under the carpet. The evidence has been known widely for so long. How long can they get away with this? OUTLAW THIS FILTHY DESPICABLE GROUP. I'm sorry to say again if you go and support this organization knowing what they have perpetrated then how do you live with yourself.Daniel Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 4:41 AM
To all of you saying other Insitututions should be made accountable too! They will be as this enquiry will encompass ALL acts of paedophilia in Australia not just in the catholic church but it is well known that the majority of abuse was within the catholic church by clergy and is STILL being covered up by the likes of Pell.GIW Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 11:05 AM