- Calls to legalise marijuana
- ABC work-ethic 'shocking': Former manager
- 'It was something we didn't want to see'
- RSL apologises over Turban ban
- Australian Open in 16-year-old's sights
- RSL slams Crowe's comments
- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on 'I don't deserve this' Solomons' Sword. You really think it happens that way. Your a joke.If your happy waiting 16mins for an Ambulance while ... more
- MikeO on 'I don't deserve this' Ambos need a pay rise but there many other people who need them too. I do not like people paid by the tax payer using their ... more
- Randal Woods on 'I don't deserve this' Solomon's Sword, you are obviously a moron. What ambo stands over patients, asking who they will vote for before they treat ... more
- Andrew on 'I don't deserve this' Advocating for patients is a professional trait and being outspoken is acceptable in that context. However, I'm not sure if ... more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
Neil Mitchell: Time to ease up on betting ads
NEIL MITCHELL: Are you getting sick of the sports betting advertisements?
I think it is time to back off. I reckon you can damn near bet now on how a player is going to wear their socks in the next five minutes of the game.
And the ads are irritating. Some say they are dangerous.
Jeff Kennett wants to ban all advertising of all gaming, even Tattslotto. I think that is silly.
But I reckon it’s time for the industry to indulge in a dose of self-regulation here.
Because if they don’t they are opening the door.
I know that Bill Shorten and Joe Hockey are opposed to the level of advertising as well.
Some of the worst offenders in this won’t talk to me.
Tom Waterhouse for example. All those advertisements.... not too much accountability.
YOUR SAY: Should the level of betting advertisments in the media be reduced?
LISTEN HERE: Tabcorp chief executive David Attenborough speaks with Neil Mitchell
The fact that these companies make money off peoples backs, by providing a service that is addictive to some people should mean they forfeit any right to advertise publicly or be allowed to communicate via social media.
You should only be able to seek this service.
It should not be in our face because for some it's handing them a gun.Daniel Friday 8 March, 2013 - 2:09 PM
I reckon its time to ease up on the funeral ads.max Monday 19 November, 2012 - 9:18 PM
jeff kennett you"re a hypocrite!fancy saying that they should ban all gambling ads,yet is was you and your goverment that took a huge gamble and sold our electricity grid to overseas companys.and lost......garry Friday 16 November, 2012 - 7:40 PM
Neil, have you yet lost count of the caravans of "rusted-on" sycophants, who appear to be completely devoid of any coherent, objective and rational discourse about the plethora of these apparently urgent and pressing issues you prosecute with such vehemence and vitriol?Christopher Holdstock Friday 16 November, 2012 - 1:06 PM
How many suicides are attributed to gambling each year? How many divorces are attributed to gambling? Crown Casino was the worst thing ever to happen to Victoria. It has destroyed thousands of peoples lives. It has taken thousands of jobs out of local economies. It has taken over a billion dollars from local economies. It primary food source is problem gamblers. The only people who benefit from Crown are the government and the shareholders. All gambling advertising should be stopped.Vicky Laing Friday 16 November, 2012 - 12:24 PM
It just seems hypocritical that we have a noticeable gambling problem, but then we have so many gambling ads promoting it.
At the end of the day, the gambling companies have the right to advertise their products and promote their business, the responsibility must come back to the person, and not to blame others for their mistakes.adam Friday 16 November, 2012 - 12:18 PM