- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- Calls to legalise marijuana
- ABC work-ethic 'shocking': Former manager
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Neil Mitchell: Time to ease up on betting ads
NEIL MITCHELL: Are you getting sick of the sports betting advertisements?
I think it is time to back off. I reckon you can damn near bet now on how a player is going to wear their socks in the next five minutes of the game.
And the ads are irritating. Some say they are dangerous.
Jeff Kennett wants to ban all advertising of all gaming, even Tattslotto. I think that is silly.
But I reckon it’s time for the industry to indulge in a dose of self-regulation here.
Because if they don’t they are opening the door.
I know that Bill Shorten and Joe Hockey are opposed to the level of advertising as well.
Some of the worst offenders in this won’t talk to me.
Tom Waterhouse for example. All those advertisements.... not too much accountability.
YOUR SAY: Should the level of betting advertisments in the media be reduced?
LISTEN HERE: Tabcorp chief executive David Attenborough speaks with Neil Mitchell
The fact that these companies make money off peoples backs, by providing a service that is addictive to some people should mean they forfeit any right to advertise publicly or be allowed to communicate via social media.
You should only be able to seek this service.
It should not be in our face because for some it's handing them a gun.Daniel Friday 8 March, 2013 - 2:09 PM
I reckon its time to ease up on the funeral ads.max Monday 19 November, 2012 - 9:18 PM
jeff kennett you"re a hypocrite!fancy saying that they should ban all gambling ads,yet is was you and your goverment that took a huge gamble and sold our electricity grid to overseas companys.and lost......garry Friday 16 November, 2012 - 7:40 PM
Neil, have you yet lost count of the caravans of "rusted-on" sycophants, who appear to be completely devoid of any coherent, objective and rational discourse about the plethora of these apparently urgent and pressing issues you prosecute with such vehemence and vitriol?Christopher Holdstock Friday 16 November, 2012 - 1:06 PM
How many suicides are attributed to gambling each year? How many divorces are attributed to gambling? Crown Casino was the worst thing ever to happen to Victoria. It has destroyed thousands of peoples lives. It has taken thousands of jobs out of local economies. It has taken over a billion dollars from local economies. It primary food source is problem gamblers. The only people who benefit from Crown are the government and the shareholders. All gambling advertising should be stopped.Vicky Laing Friday 16 November, 2012 - 12:24 PM
It just seems hypocritical that we have a noticeable gambling problem, but then we have so many gambling ads promoting it.
At the end of the day, the gambling companies have the right to advertise their products and promote their business, the responsibility must come back to the person, and not to blame others for their mistakes.adam Friday 16 November, 2012 - 12:18 PM