- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- Melbourne's rail horror
- Beach rules are a dog's breakfast
- East West protestors vow to continue fight
- Setting the record Strait
- Tyler Fishlock gets the 'all clear'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
- PH on Hinch freed from jail sans beard My first though looking at that photo was Darren James in 30 years time. more
- Pat Heuvel on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Definitely not the right thing to do. You want to crack down on someone? crack down on the ones that use their phones while ... more
- darrin on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn your lucky i know people have had to spend 1 day per $100 but i guess like most people with some fame to there name ... more
- Sarah on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truck drivers are constantly speeding on the roads I travel. I have watched a truck in front of me lose control and jack ... more
- joe on 'We need to get tough on truckies' I think a good idea for the point system on your licence is that the first 4 points are normal fines. Then next 4 points are ... more
- Russell Watts on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Neil, it should not matter if you are a truck driver or not, if you lose 12 points then you lose your licence. But the laws ... more
- Andrew on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Hi Neil. Why not extend fines to trucking companies as well as drivers? Truck company gets the same fine as the driver? Or a ... more
- poppitt on 'We need to get tough on truckies' They are supposed to be professional drivers, they are supposed to know the law. I think most truck drivers are fantastic ... more
- poppitt on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... Everything packaged or not should be labelled. It is not enough for the customer to ask, my son has gluten intolernace, asks ... more
- Wendy on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... How ridiculous not having to label fresh salad ingredients by law! It's still got ingredients and someone is still going to ... more
- Hazel Finney on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Bass Coast Council brought this ban through without proper consultation from the public. more
- Olga on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast We pay to camp on the foreshore on the peninsula where dogs can roam all day. They pee on our towels our kids are scared. ... more
- Aria Judilla on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Forget the beaches, we can't even take our kids to the park anymore because of the dogs that run up to them and paw them and ... more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast NO CONFIDENCE in the Bass Coast council more
- col on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Dogs on a lead at all times along Inverloch beach. Fine then $500 Bass Coast. We got a new Council full of spin and lies and ... more
- ian on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Have you ever sat near or on dog POO. more
Neil Mitchell to Swimmers: 'You're sacked!'
Here is a message here to those elite swimmers who have behaved like idiots and yobbos.
The message is this: You’re sacked.
Go off and do something else like get a real job, try working for a living.
We must throw them out and that may cost us medals in the future, but too bad.
We subsidise these people, we fawn over them and look after them and even pay them money to swim. We call them heroes and admire them and cheer them. We invest our emotions and hopes in them because sport is a magnificent diversion.
But when they let us down, sack them.
The ability to swim doesn't excuse you from being an irresponsible idiot.
The ability to swim at an elite level and the chance to represent your country in fact puts the opposite onus on you.
The onus is to live up to an even higher standard.
What is alleged today is awful: a female swimmer Jade Nielsen says three memebrs of the 4x100 relay team behaved very inappropriately, they stormed in to the room of two female swimmers and behaved inappropriately.
She won’t say what happened but this seems to be part of their night of madness where they will admit taking stillnox and caffeine drinks for some type of high, then rampaging around the hotel.
That is bad enough.
This is before the Olympics and it is appalling behaviour. It is a breach of trust.
We must take a stand against drug madness and at the least intimidation of young women.
No matter how good they are, sack them.
We are talking about elite swimmers here: James Magnussen, Eamon Sullivan, James Roberts, Matt Targett, Cameron McEvoy, Tommaso D'orsogna and the team.
Magnussen was doing a paid interview for TV on this, at least that has been cancelled.
But seriously, the prescription drug lunacy was bad enough but whoever stormed into the room of the young women should damn near be charged and certainly thrown out.
And further more, Dawn Fraser is 100% right. Ban the lot of them for life and while we are at it, have a real clean-up.
Get rid of Nick D'Arcy.Greg Thursday 28 February, 2013 - 8:28 PM
Why do taxpayers have to pay these jerks to live, to play, to enjoy the best of everything and to disgrace the Nation.
I recall one of the swimmers on the Australian Team being very indignant and complaining that swimmers were not traveling Business class to the Olympics.
Its a nation disgrace that the taxpayer has no choice but to financially support these freeloaders.Ace Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 6:36 PM
Big heads and inflated egos. But guys, in wearing the old DTs looks like a severe case of shrinkage!Ivan@kinnane Monday 25 February, 2013 - 11:53 PM
A bit harsh Neil. Yes they behaved like idiots but (and I stand to be corrected) it was only the once - they weren't being idiots the whole time. I think they deserve another chance. I do also think though that they should have to contribute to their stay at the AIS similar to how people have to pay back HECS fees - and this applies to all who attend the AIS. Either that or we get back to free tertiary education - but thats another matter.John Monday 25 February, 2013 - 11:58 AM
tONY.....if you actually believe that sanitised, scripted, load of bullsh*t that swimming Australia trotted out yesterday, you are as green as grass !Sinbad Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 8:21 AM
A Sea of Talented swimmers with with years of sacrificed commitment only to lead by a pack of self gorging ticketed wankers.
Appoint me and i'll start by sacking the coach and work my way up. Heads have got to roll.Chris Friday 22 February, 2013 - 11:48 PM