- Paid parking D-day in Yarraville, Seddon
- Dangers of illegal commercial transport
- Man's plea to legalise voluntary euthanasia
- Are there really racists 'everywhere'?
- Printer saves man from losing his foot
- 'Why can't I relax and enjoy my meal?'
- Moira Kelly set to help deformed boy
- School bans cross-dressing for charity
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mik on Paid parking D-day in Yarraville, Seddon Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking D-day in Yarraville, Seddon why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking D-day in Yarraville, Seddon Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking D-day in Yarraville, Seddon It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
- Frank from Frankston on Police probe school chook killing This may be the work of foxes as they are notorious for killing and biting off the heads of all the chickens in a coop, if ... more
- Michelle on Bike thieves caught on CCTV So hope these thieves are caught! more
- Lukew on Bike thieves caught on CCTV So you can be filmed knocking off a motor bike and nothing can be done but pity help you if you do 44kmh in a 40kmh zone. more
- Mike on 'I'd grab the bastard' Considering Abbott is still saying that Russian backed rebels were behind MH17 despite all evidence to the contrary and the ... more
Neil Mitchell to Swimmers: 'You're sacked!'
Here is a message here to those elite swimmers who have behaved like idiots and yobbos.
The message is this: You’re sacked.
Go off and do something else like get a real job, try working for a living.
We must throw them out and that may cost us medals in the future, but too bad.
We subsidise these people, we fawn over them and look after them and even pay them money to swim. We call them heroes and admire them and cheer them. We invest our emotions and hopes in them because sport is a magnificent diversion.
But when they let us down, sack them.
The ability to swim doesn't excuse you from being an irresponsible idiot.
The ability to swim at an elite level and the chance to represent your country in fact puts the opposite onus on you.
The onus is to live up to an even higher standard.
What is alleged today is awful: a female swimmer Jade Nielsen says three memebrs of the 4x100 relay team behaved very inappropriately, they stormed in to the room of two female swimmers and behaved inappropriately.
She won’t say what happened but this seems to be part of their night of madness where they will admit taking stillnox and caffeine drinks for some type of high, then rampaging around the hotel.
That is bad enough.
This is before the Olympics and it is appalling behaviour. It is a breach of trust.
We must take a stand against drug madness and at the least intimidation of young women.
No matter how good they are, sack them.
We are talking about elite swimmers here: James Magnussen, Eamon Sullivan, James Roberts, Matt Targett, Cameron McEvoy, Tommaso D'orsogna and the team.
Magnussen was doing a paid interview for TV on this, at least that has been cancelled.
But seriously, the prescription drug lunacy was bad enough but whoever stormed into the room of the young women should damn near be charged and certainly thrown out.
And further more, Dawn Fraser is 100% right. Ban the lot of them for life and while we are at it, have a real clean-up.
Get rid of Nick D'Arcy.Greg Thursday 28 February, 2013 - 8:28 PM
Why do taxpayers have to pay these jerks to live, to play, to enjoy the best of everything and to disgrace the Nation.
I recall one of the swimmers on the Australian Team being very indignant and complaining that swimmers were not traveling Business class to the Olympics.
Its a nation disgrace that the taxpayer has no choice but to financially support these freeloaders.Ace Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 6:36 PM
Big heads and inflated egos. But guys, in wearing the old DTs looks like a severe case of shrinkage!Ivan@kinnane Monday 25 February, 2013 - 11:53 PM
A bit harsh Neil. Yes they behaved like idiots but (and I stand to be corrected) it was only the once - they weren't being idiots the whole time. I think they deserve another chance. I do also think though that they should have to contribute to their stay at the AIS similar to how people have to pay back HECS fees - and this applies to all who attend the AIS. Either that or we get back to free tertiary education - but thats another matter.John Monday 25 February, 2013 - 11:58 AM
tONY.....if you actually believe that sanitised, scripted, load of bullsh*t that swimming Australia trotted out yesterday, you are as green as grass !Sinbad Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 8:21 AM
A Sea of Talented swimmers with with years of sacrificed commitment only to lead by a pack of self gorging ticketed wankers.
Appoint me and i'll start by sacking the coach and work my way up. Heads have got to roll.Chris Friday 22 February, 2013 - 11:48 PM