- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- Man dealt outrageous parking fee
- Neil Mitchell hits back at Clementine Ford's 'leathery ball' column
- Can you read Neil's writing? We can't
- AFL boss unsure about odd timeslot
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
- Peggy on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate How brave of this racist.How long would his number plate and car stay intact if he wrote death to all Palesteninan militants ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... OH Mr Andrews you were so adamnt as well that Labor had nothing to do with it. Labor from top to bottom rotten to the core!! more
- Peggy on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers Can the unemployed afford to work for 25 hours a week?The cost of suitable clothing, petrol and all other expenses with ... more
- Catherine on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniel Andrews and is mob can't trust them they are liars and most of all they are not fit to govern Victoria. more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Let me make it clear Labour Party had nothing to do with this. This is disgraceful that someone would come out and say we ... more
- Kellie on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniel Andrews quick to point the finger at others. I do believe he knows how it got out dirty tricks what would you ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It seems to me the only way to get to the truth of what happened with the recording the journalist lost is to find out who ... more
- David T. on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Andrews said that as the leader, he "accepted responsibility". He qualified this by adding: "for investigating the matter". ... more
Neil Mitchell to Swimmers: 'You're sacked!'
Here is a message here to those elite swimmers who have behaved like idiots and yobbos.
The message is this: You’re sacked.
Go off and do something else like get a real job, try working for a living.
We must throw them out and that may cost us medals in the future, but too bad.
We subsidise these people, we fawn over them and look after them and even pay them money to swim. We call them heroes and admire them and cheer them. We invest our emotions and hopes in them because sport is a magnificent diversion.
But when they let us down, sack them.
The ability to swim doesn't excuse you from being an irresponsible idiot.
The ability to swim at an elite level and the chance to represent your country in fact puts the opposite onus on you.
The onus is to live up to an even higher standard.
What is alleged today is awful: a female swimmer Jade Nielsen says three memebrs of the 4x100 relay team behaved very inappropriately, they stormed in to the room of two female swimmers and behaved inappropriately.
She won’t say what happened but this seems to be part of their night of madness where they will admit taking stillnox and caffeine drinks for some type of high, then rampaging around the hotel.
That is bad enough.
This is before the Olympics and it is appalling behaviour. It is a breach of trust.
We must take a stand against drug madness and at the least intimidation of young women.
No matter how good they are, sack them.
We are talking about elite swimmers here: James Magnussen, Eamon Sullivan, James Roberts, Matt Targett, Cameron McEvoy, Tommaso D'orsogna and the team.
Magnussen was doing a paid interview for TV on this, at least that has been cancelled.
But seriously, the prescription drug lunacy was bad enough but whoever stormed into the room of the young women should damn near be charged and certainly thrown out.
And further more, Dawn Fraser is 100% right. Ban the lot of them for life and while we are at it, have a real clean-up.
Get rid of Nick D'Arcy.Greg Thursday 28 February, 2013 - 8:28 PM
Why do taxpayers have to pay these jerks to live, to play, to enjoy the best of everything and to disgrace the Nation.
I recall one of the swimmers on the Australian Team being very indignant and complaining that swimmers were not traveling Business class to the Olympics.
Its a nation disgrace that the taxpayer has no choice but to financially support these freeloaders.Ace Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 6:36 PM
Big heads and inflated egos. But guys, in wearing the old DTs looks like a severe case of shrinkage!Ivan@kinnane Monday 25 February, 2013 - 11:53 PM
A bit harsh Neil. Yes they behaved like idiots but (and I stand to be corrected) it was only the once - they weren't being idiots the whole time. I think they deserve another chance. I do also think though that they should have to contribute to their stay at the AIS similar to how people have to pay back HECS fees - and this applies to all who attend the AIS. Either that or we get back to free tertiary education - but thats another matter.John Monday 25 February, 2013 - 11:58 AM
tONY.....if you actually believe that sanitised, scripted, load of bullsh*t that swimming Australia trotted out yesterday, you are as green as grass !Sinbad Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 8:21 AM
A Sea of Talented swimmers with with years of sacrificed commitment only to lead by a pack of self gorging ticketed wankers.
Appoint me and i'll start by sacking the coach and work my way up. Heads have got to roll.Chris Friday 22 February, 2013 - 11:48 PM