- 'The Easter Bunny is bad for kids'
- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Neil Mitchell to Swimmers: 'You're sacked!'
Here is a message here to those elite swimmers who have behaved like idiots and yobbos.
The message is this: You’re sacked.
Go off and do something else like get a real job, try working for a living.
We must throw them out and that may cost us medals in the future, but too bad.
We subsidise these people, we fawn over them and look after them and even pay them money to swim. We call them heroes and admire them and cheer them. We invest our emotions and hopes in them because sport is a magnificent diversion.
But when they let us down, sack them.
The ability to swim doesn't excuse you from being an irresponsible idiot.
The ability to swim at an elite level and the chance to represent your country in fact puts the opposite onus on you.
The onus is to live up to an even higher standard.
What is alleged today is awful: a female swimmer Jade Nielsen says three memebrs of the 4x100 relay team behaved very inappropriately, they stormed in to the room of two female swimmers and behaved inappropriately.
She won’t say what happened but this seems to be part of their night of madness where they will admit taking stillnox and caffeine drinks for some type of high, then rampaging around the hotel.
That is bad enough.
This is before the Olympics and it is appalling behaviour. It is a breach of trust.
We must take a stand against drug madness and at the least intimidation of young women.
No matter how good they are, sack them.
We are talking about elite swimmers here: James Magnussen, Eamon Sullivan, James Roberts, Matt Targett, Cameron McEvoy, Tommaso D'orsogna and the team.
Magnussen was doing a paid interview for TV on this, at least that has been cancelled.
But seriously, the prescription drug lunacy was bad enough but whoever stormed into the room of the young women should damn near be charged and certainly thrown out.
And further more, Dawn Fraser is 100% right. Ban the lot of them for life and while we are at it, have a real clean-up.
Get rid of Nick D'Arcy.Greg Thursday 28 February, 2013 - 8:28 PM
Why do taxpayers have to pay these jerks to live, to play, to enjoy the best of everything and to disgrace the Nation.
I recall one of the swimmers on the Australian Team being very indignant and complaining that swimmers were not traveling Business class to the Olympics.
Its a nation disgrace that the taxpayer has no choice but to financially support these freeloaders.Ace Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 6:36 PM
Big heads and inflated egos. But guys, in wearing the old DTs looks like a severe case of shrinkage!Ivan@kinnane Monday 25 February, 2013 - 11:53 PM
A bit harsh Neil. Yes they behaved like idiots but (and I stand to be corrected) it was only the once - they weren't being idiots the whole time. I think they deserve another chance. I do also think though that they should have to contribute to their stay at the AIS similar to how people have to pay back HECS fees - and this applies to all who attend the AIS. Either that or we get back to free tertiary education - but thats another matter.John Monday 25 February, 2013 - 11:58 AM
tONY.....if you actually believe that sanitised, scripted, load of bullsh*t that swimming Australia trotted out yesterday, you are as green as grass !Sinbad Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 8:21 AM
A Sea of Talented swimmers with with years of sacrificed commitment only to lead by a pack of self gorging ticketed wankers.
Appoint me and i'll start by sacking the coach and work my way up. Heads have got to roll.Chris Friday 22 February, 2013 - 11:48 PM