- Bill's no-brainer: 'We're in this together'
- 'It's very little time for taking a life'
- Kennett: 'This is sheer incompetence'
- Ice driving killer verdict 'not adequate'
- Good idea or just rubbish?
- 'It's complex': Mayor defends slow Sydney Rd CCTV installation
- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aaaa on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... It doesn't set a good example does it! Just proves how easily anyone can get away with a situation like this. They are ... more
- Lukew on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... What would be enough? more
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
Neil Mitchell uncomfortable with 'immature' end of world video
Neil Mitchell has questioned the appropriateness of Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s involvement in a spoof video for Triple J where she announces the end of the world, saying he is 'uncomfortable' with the 'immature' sketch.
Neil said Ms Gillard’s involvement in the ‘immature’ video could potentially demean the office of the Prime Minister.
”I'm sure it's meant for the best intentions, but is it demeaning to the office to do something like that?” he said.
The Prime Minister's 50-second speech addresses her 'dear remaining fellow Australians' to inform them 'the end of the world is coming' after the Mayan calendar's prediction comes true.
"At least this means I won't have to do Q & A again," she says.
"Is it demeaning to the office to be doing something quite as silly as that, particularly when it's presented in quite a serious fashion.”
Neil asked if current United States President Barack Obama, former Prime Minister John Howard, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair or former United States President George Bush would ever get involved in a similar video.
"I'm seeing the Prime Minister there standing in a Prime Ministerial pose, the Australian flag, Prime Ministerial podium, announcing the end of the world,” he said.
"As she gets towards the end of it it's clearly silly.
"People wouldn't take it seriously, I would hope. There are people I know disturbed by this."
My 84 year old mother rang stressed saying The Prime minister just announced the end of the world. Thank you Julia for your brainless activities, Mum voted for you but now she sees you as just as stupid as other Pranksters.Ian Pope Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 11:55 AM
The queen of the bogans has probably, for the first time, told the truth. In an act of guilt, she's "jokingly" admitted to knowing that the days of the world are numbered. Perhaps not the whole world but certainly Australia is racing towards it's end and it's because of the man-hating Juliar. Queen Julia Day-Night, sister of bogan Kath Day-Night, has brought so much shame on the nation that we all are looking hungrily towards the End. She caused it. Lets hope it happens to her first.Eddy Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 7:17 AM
We have seen in recent days how damaging stupid pranks can be. I wonder how many emotionally fragile people Julia has further damaged with this ridiculous speech.Marg Monday 10 December, 2012 - 4:20 PM
A very stupid and dangerous thing for Gillard to do.
Letâ??s not forget what happened in 1938, when radio listeners heard a portion of Orson Welles' adaptation of the well-known book, War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells, many of the listeners believed what they heard on the radio was real. Millions of radio listeners were shocked when radio news alerts announced the arrival of Martians. They panicked when they learned of the attack on Earth â?? with New Jersey being invaded. Many ran out of their homes screaming while others packed up their cars and fled.
Deaths from this hysteria were reported but never confirmed.
So most irresponsible of Gillard â?? please grow a brain. You really are Australia's worst ever PM.Jake Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Pity Julia isn't a shock jock. Neil would have spent the first half hour of his show defending her :pmylene Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:02 AM
Julia deliberately disgraced our Country's highest office. She should be removed from office immediately. I believe she did it to copy the "shock jocks" believing even bad press is good. Too bad she hasn't got the time to answer legitimate questions about her past behaviour.glenn Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 10:36 AM