- Anger over abortion clinic protest
- 'My dogs didn't do this'
- Playful seal salutes beachgoers
- 'This smells like a Napthine government rort'
- Cruel thieves swipe oxygen trolley
- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mike on 'My dogs didn't do this' dogs kill domestic animal, put them down, it's that simple more
- Jane on 'My dogs didn't do this' Yes all animals are loved. So what that's not a defence anymore than a thug's mother saying he is always a lovely boy and ... more
- katie on 'My dogs didn't do this' I am an animal lover, both cat and dog, i had a jack russell and CAT, few years ago, my jack russell attacked my cat and ... more
- annie king on 'My dogs didn't do this' these types of dogs should be more secured in anyones yard, she has not done this otherwise the dog would not have got out, ... more
- ian on 'My dogs didn't do this' Pam, If they were my dogs I would have done it at my own expense.?? Oh as if they were "MY DOGS" why should other people ... more
- pam on 'My dogs didn't do this' Ian, read the story.The lady has been at the Dept of Housing who own the property next door to have fences replaced.No funds ... more
- Sarah on 'My dogs didn't do this' My dogs chase and kill rabbits. Is my Council going to put them down or give them a reward. Come on!!! Animals have animal ... more
- Wendy on 'My dogs didn't do this' I am THE ultimate cat lover, however, if cats and dogs are not raised together, they are natural enemies( I also believe ... more
- ian on 'My dogs didn't do this' Why has she not had these dogs or dog registered,as she was told.Also fix the fences up. No excuse.?? more
- Samantha Piercy on 'My dogs didn't do this' I really hope the Frankston Council and Mayor of Frankston offer some kind of support to the family after the council put ... more
- Mark on 'My dogs didn't do this' Councils are siuch heartless animals.THEY are the cruel animals - who's going to punish THEM for the blood on THEIR hands! more
- wayne on Playful seal salutes beachgoers Wildlife officers should have been there to stop people getting to close, the elephant seal that was on a Perth beach ... more
- Mandi on Playful seal salutes beachgoers I couldn't agree more. more
- Angelo on Playful seal salutes beachgoers ^way to kill the mood!Great pics, great fun story more
- Greg on 'This smells like a Napthine government ... It's easy to stop the rort,don't play them. more
- Luke on Playful seal salutes beachgoers People are so clueless to what damage a wild seal can do to someone, particularly a child. But then many people are totally ... more
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
Neil Mitchell uncomfortable with 'immature' end of world video
Neil Mitchell has questioned the appropriateness of Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s involvement in a spoof video for Triple J where she announces the end of the world, saying he is 'uncomfortable' with the 'immature' sketch.
Neil said Ms Gillard’s involvement in the ‘immature’ video could potentially demean the office of the Prime Minister.
”I'm sure it's meant for the best intentions, but is it demeaning to the office to do something like that?” he said.
The Prime Minister's 50-second speech addresses her 'dear remaining fellow Australians' to inform them 'the end of the world is coming' after the Mayan calendar's prediction comes true.
"At least this means I won't have to do Q & A again," she says.
"Is it demeaning to the office to be doing something quite as silly as that, particularly when it's presented in quite a serious fashion.”
Neil asked if current United States President Barack Obama, former Prime Minister John Howard, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair or former United States President George Bush would ever get involved in a similar video.
"I'm seeing the Prime Minister there standing in a Prime Ministerial pose, the Australian flag, Prime Ministerial podium, announcing the end of the world,” he said.
"As she gets towards the end of it it's clearly silly.
"People wouldn't take it seriously, I would hope. There are people I know disturbed by this."
My 84 year old mother rang stressed saying The Prime minister just announced the end of the world. Thank you Julia for your brainless activities, Mum voted for you but now she sees you as just as stupid as other Pranksters.Ian Pope Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 11:55 AM
The queen of the bogans has probably, for the first time, told the truth. In an act of guilt, she's "jokingly" admitted to knowing that the days of the world are numbered. Perhaps not the whole world but certainly Australia is racing towards it's end and it's because of the man-hating Juliar. Queen Julia Day-Night, sister of bogan Kath Day-Night, has brought so much shame on the nation that we all are looking hungrily towards the End. She caused it. Lets hope it happens to her first.Eddy Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 7:17 AM
We have seen in recent days how damaging stupid pranks can be. I wonder how many emotionally fragile people Julia has further damaged with this ridiculous speech.Marg Monday 10 December, 2012 - 4:20 PM
A very stupid and dangerous thing for Gillard to do.
Letâ??s not forget what happened in 1938, when radio listeners heard a portion of Orson Welles' adaptation of the well-known book, War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells, many of the listeners believed what they heard on the radio was real. Millions of radio listeners were shocked when radio news alerts announced the arrival of Martians. They panicked when they learned of the attack on Earth â?? with New Jersey being invaded. Many ran out of their homes screaming while others packed up their cars and fled.
Deaths from this hysteria were reported but never confirmed.
So most irresponsible of Gillard â?? please grow a brain. You really are Australia's worst ever PM.Jake Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Pity Julia isn't a shock jock. Neil would have spent the first half hour of his show defending her :pmylene Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:02 AM
Julia deliberately disgraced our Country's highest office. She should be removed from office immediately. I believe she did it to copy the "shock jocks" believing even bad press is good. Too bad she hasn't got the time to answer legitimate questions about her past behaviour.glenn Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 10:36 AM