- Two-thirds want cannabis legalised
- Taxi register confusion clarified
- Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl'
- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- 'There’s mortars going off now in Donetsk'
- 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills'
- 'Show some backbone': Napthine's message to UN, Putin
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mark on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Where's penny Wong now , Brian Taylor got hung drawn and quartered for his poof comment and yet no penny Wong standing up in ... more
- Stephen on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' No you're not a typical Aussie Girl! You're a disgrace and it has nothing to do with your gender either! You are in public ... more
- poppitt on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If any male pollie mentioned a part of a womans body he would be walked over hot coals. This type of 'talk' is not ... more
- Gazza on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If all politicians behaved like normal aussies the world would be a better place. Unfortunately this will never happen as ... more
- Willow on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Would like to know how the people of Tassy, who voted for her, feel now. more
- bushiepete on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' at least we know what we got with this pollie. shes not afraid to speak her mind ..unlike the rest of the fence sitters ... more
- Sinbad on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Two weeks ago, Brian Taylor gets vilified and lambasted for a throw away insult you would hear numerous times in any ... more
- Judi Pickett on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Jacqui Lambie stating she's just a normal Aussie Girl? Neil, you need a mini survey on her comments, as I'd say the public, ... more
- mylene on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' The Prime Minister's comments on women, homosexuals and Aborigines make her look like a beginner. Leave offensiveness to the ... more
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
Neil Mitchell uncomfortable with 'immature' end of world video
Neil Mitchell has questioned the appropriateness of Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s involvement in a spoof video for Triple J where she announces the end of the world, saying he is 'uncomfortable' with the 'immature' sketch.
Neil said Ms Gillard’s involvement in the ‘immature’ video could potentially demean the office of the Prime Minister.
”I'm sure it's meant for the best intentions, but is it demeaning to the office to do something like that?” he said.
The Prime Minister's 50-second speech addresses her 'dear remaining fellow Australians' to inform them 'the end of the world is coming' after the Mayan calendar's prediction comes true.
"At least this means I won't have to do Q & A again," she says.
"Is it demeaning to the office to be doing something quite as silly as that, particularly when it's presented in quite a serious fashion.”
Neil asked if current United States President Barack Obama, former Prime Minister John Howard, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair or former United States President George Bush would ever get involved in a similar video.
"I'm seeing the Prime Minister there standing in a Prime Ministerial pose, the Australian flag, Prime Ministerial podium, announcing the end of the world,” he said.
"As she gets towards the end of it it's clearly silly.
"People wouldn't take it seriously, I would hope. There are people I know disturbed by this."
My 84 year old mother rang stressed saying The Prime minister just announced the end of the world. Thank you Julia for your brainless activities, Mum voted for you but now she sees you as just as stupid as other Pranksters.Ian Pope Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 11:55 AM
The queen of the bogans has probably, for the first time, told the truth. In an act of guilt, she's "jokingly" admitted to knowing that the days of the world are numbered. Perhaps not the whole world but certainly Australia is racing towards it's end and it's because of the man-hating Juliar. Queen Julia Day-Night, sister of bogan Kath Day-Night, has brought so much shame on the nation that we all are looking hungrily towards the End. She caused it. Lets hope it happens to her first.Eddy Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 7:17 AM
We have seen in recent days how damaging stupid pranks can be. I wonder how many emotionally fragile people Julia has further damaged with this ridiculous speech.Marg Monday 10 December, 2012 - 4:20 PM
A very stupid and dangerous thing for Gillard to do.
Letâ??s not forget what happened in 1938, when radio listeners heard a portion of Orson Welles' adaptation of the well-known book, War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells, many of the listeners believed what they heard on the radio was real. Millions of radio listeners were shocked when radio news alerts announced the arrival of Martians. They panicked when they learned of the attack on Earth â?? with New Jersey being invaded. Many ran out of their homes screaming while others packed up their cars and fled.
Deaths from this hysteria were reported but never confirmed.
So most irresponsible of Gillard â?? please grow a brain. You really are Australia's worst ever PM.Jake Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Pity Julia isn't a shock jock. Neil would have spent the first half hour of his show defending her :pmylene Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:02 AM
Julia deliberately disgraced our Country's highest office. She should be removed from office immediately. I believe she did it to copy the "shock jocks" believing even bad press is good. Too bad she hasn't got the time to answer legitimate questions about her past behaviour.glenn Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 10:36 AM