- Child attacked by stranger in park
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Officers face misconduct hearing
- Offensive graffiti to be removed
- AFLPA fires back at ASADA
- 'I hope I never have to do it again'
- Why your digital TV cuts out
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
Neil Mitchell uncomfortable with 'immature' end of world video
Neil Mitchell has questioned the appropriateness of Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s involvement in a spoof video for Triple J where she announces the end of the world, saying he is 'uncomfortable' with the 'immature' sketch.
Neil said Ms Gillard’s involvement in the ‘immature’ video could potentially demean the office of the Prime Minister.
”I'm sure it's meant for the best intentions, but is it demeaning to the office to do something like that?” he said.
The Prime Minister's 50-second speech addresses her 'dear remaining fellow Australians' to inform them 'the end of the world is coming' after the Mayan calendar's prediction comes true.
"At least this means I won't have to do Q & A again," she says.
"Is it demeaning to the office to be doing something quite as silly as that, particularly when it's presented in quite a serious fashion.”
Neil asked if current United States President Barack Obama, former Prime Minister John Howard, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair or former United States President George Bush would ever get involved in a similar video.
"I'm seeing the Prime Minister there standing in a Prime Ministerial pose, the Australian flag, Prime Ministerial podium, announcing the end of the world,” he said.
"As she gets towards the end of it it's clearly silly.
"People wouldn't take it seriously, I would hope. There are people I know disturbed by this."
My 84 year old mother rang stressed saying The Prime minister just announced the end of the world. Thank you Julia for your brainless activities, Mum voted for you but now she sees you as just as stupid as other Pranksters.Ian Pope Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 11:55 AM
The queen of the bogans has probably, for the first time, told the truth. In an act of guilt, she's "jokingly" admitted to knowing that the days of the world are numbered. Perhaps not the whole world but certainly Australia is racing towards it's end and it's because of the man-hating Juliar. Queen Julia Day-Night, sister of bogan Kath Day-Night, has brought so much shame on the nation that we all are looking hungrily towards the End. She caused it. Lets hope it happens to her first.Eddy Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 7:17 AM
We have seen in recent days how damaging stupid pranks can be. I wonder how many emotionally fragile people Julia has further damaged with this ridiculous speech.Marg Monday 10 December, 2012 - 4:20 PM
A very stupid and dangerous thing for Gillard to do.
Letâ??s not forget what happened in 1938, when radio listeners heard a portion of Orson Welles' adaptation of the well-known book, War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells, many of the listeners believed what they heard on the radio was real. Millions of radio listeners were shocked when radio news alerts announced the arrival of Martians. They panicked when they learned of the attack on Earth â?? with New Jersey being invaded. Many ran out of their homes screaming while others packed up their cars and fled.
Deaths from this hysteria were reported but never confirmed.
So most irresponsible of Gillard â?? please grow a brain. You really are Australia's worst ever PM.Jake Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Pity Julia isn't a shock jock. Neil would have spent the first half hour of his show defending her :pmylene Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:02 AM
Julia deliberately disgraced our Country's highest office. She should be removed from office immediately. I believe she did it to copy the "shock jocks" believing even bad press is good. Too bad she hasn't got the time to answer legitimate questions about her past behaviour.glenn Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 10:36 AM