- 'The Easter Bunny is bad for kids'
- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Neil Mitchell uncomfortable with 'immature' end of world video
Neil Mitchell has questioned the appropriateness of Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s involvement in a spoof video for Triple J where she announces the end of the world, saying he is 'uncomfortable' with the 'immature' sketch.
Neil said Ms Gillard’s involvement in the ‘immature’ video could potentially demean the office of the Prime Minister.
”I'm sure it's meant for the best intentions, but is it demeaning to the office to do something like that?” he said.
The Prime Minister's 50-second speech addresses her 'dear remaining fellow Australians' to inform them 'the end of the world is coming' after the Mayan calendar's prediction comes true.
"At least this means I won't have to do Q & A again," she says.
"Is it demeaning to the office to be doing something quite as silly as that, particularly when it's presented in quite a serious fashion.”
Neil asked if current United States President Barack Obama, former Prime Minister John Howard, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair or former United States President George Bush would ever get involved in a similar video.
"I'm seeing the Prime Minister there standing in a Prime Ministerial pose, the Australian flag, Prime Ministerial podium, announcing the end of the world,” he said.
"As she gets towards the end of it it's clearly silly.
"People wouldn't take it seriously, I would hope. There are people I know disturbed by this."
My 84 year old mother rang stressed saying The Prime minister just announced the end of the world. Thank you Julia for your brainless activities, Mum voted for you but now she sees you as just as stupid as other Pranksters.Ian Pope Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 11:55 AM
The queen of the bogans has probably, for the first time, told the truth. In an act of guilt, she's "jokingly" admitted to knowing that the days of the world are numbered. Perhaps not the whole world but certainly Australia is racing towards it's end and it's because of the man-hating Juliar. Queen Julia Day-Night, sister of bogan Kath Day-Night, has brought so much shame on the nation that we all are looking hungrily towards the End. She caused it. Lets hope it happens to her first.Eddy Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 7:17 AM
We have seen in recent days how damaging stupid pranks can be. I wonder how many emotionally fragile people Julia has further damaged with this ridiculous speech.Marg Monday 10 December, 2012 - 4:20 PM
A very stupid and dangerous thing for Gillard to do.
Letâ??s not forget what happened in 1938, when radio listeners heard a portion of Orson Welles' adaptation of the well-known book, War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells, many of the listeners believed what they heard on the radio was real. Millions of radio listeners were shocked when radio news alerts announced the arrival of Martians. They panicked when they learned of the attack on Earth â?? with New Jersey being invaded. Many ran out of their homes screaming while others packed up their cars and fled.
Deaths from this hysteria were reported but never confirmed.
So most irresponsible of Gillard â?? please grow a brain. You really are Australia's worst ever PM.Jake Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Pity Julia isn't a shock jock. Neil would have spent the first half hour of his show defending her :pmylene Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:02 AM
Julia deliberately disgraced our Country's highest office. She should be removed from office immediately. I believe she did it to copy the "shock jocks" believing even bad press is good. Too bad she hasn't got the time to answer legitimate questions about her past behaviour.glenn Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 10:36 AM