- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
Neil Mitchell's Holden Volt
NEIL MITCHELL: In the past 24 hours I’ve had a peep in to the future.
We are not quite there but this is a huge step.
I’ve been road testing an electric car that actually works.
It is not a hybrid, But it does have a petrol engine that charges the battery.
WATCH: Neil Mitchell testing the Holden Volt
It is the Holden Volt not released yet, due out next month.
And driving this is like a whole new experience, a quantum leap.
I’ve driven a lot of cars and you notice the technology change but it is still a traditional car.
This is another step again.
This is not a hybrid, it is an electric car and you plug it in to the socket at home.
But i tell you, you will need to change your habits as a pedestrian.
This morning, I frightened the living daylights out of a couple crossing against the lights.
They didn't hear me coming because this car is almost totally silent.
That is weird but I really think it is a quantum leap
Fun to drive, cheap to run, but not cheap:
PLAY: 3AW Motoring expert Chris De Fraga
How come no one can answer what the cost is to your household electricity bill.
Sounds like false enconomy to mepete Friday 26 October, 2012 - 9:36 AM
Whilst the Holden "Volt" is claimed to be an electric car and not a hybrid... it has a petrol engine... so it's a hybrid.
One could claim Diesel locomotives are also "electric" as they run diesel generators to power electric motors that drive the wheels... yet we call them "Diesel" locomotives.
Nothing new here... just another hybrid.
PS - Don't know why they don't just follow the tried and tested configuration of diesel locomotives on cars.Sam Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 9:52 AM
Just a subsequent thought on safety for pedestrians: Could it be provided with noisy tyres??David T. Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 5:44 PM
As far as I am concerned, these are dangerous to pedestrians; overpriced for what is basically a General Motors quality car; takes far more out of the environment to build than any other type of car; is basically just a city car; and whilst the first few services are comparatively cheap, will finish up costing a fortune in battery replacement and other servicing (when a dealer can be found with the expertise). This type of car may temporarily excite the city "Green movement" with more money than sense. It does not excite me.David T. Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 5:19 PM
My only fear with this car is battery life. Home solar could be used to charge it so thats easy enough. But should the batterys need replacing by say the 2nd owner it could be a jaw dropping experience !John F Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 3:40 PM
What a great idea, powered by electricity so we can pay more Carbon Dioxide Tax to Julia. Give me a break!Milton Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 1:59 PM