- A last-ditch pitch to voters
- Brave victims snap attackers
- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Neil Mitchell's Holden Volt
NEIL MITCHELL: In the past 24 hours I’ve had a peep in to the future.
We are not quite there but this is a huge step.
I’ve been road testing an electric car that actually works.
It is not a hybrid, But it does have a petrol engine that charges the battery.
WATCH: Neil Mitchell testing the Holden Volt
It is the Holden Volt not released yet, due out next month.
And driving this is like a whole new experience, a quantum leap.
I’ve driven a lot of cars and you notice the technology change but it is still a traditional car.
This is another step again.
This is not a hybrid, it is an electric car and you plug it in to the socket at home.
But i tell you, you will need to change your habits as a pedestrian.
This morning, I frightened the living daylights out of a couple crossing against the lights.
They didn't hear me coming because this car is almost totally silent.
That is weird but I really think it is a quantum leap
Fun to drive, cheap to run, but not cheap:
PLAY: 3AW Motoring expert Chris De Fraga
How come no one can answer what the cost is to your household electricity bill.
Sounds like false enconomy to mepete Friday 26 October, 2012 - 9:36 AM
Whilst the Holden "Volt" is claimed to be an electric car and not a hybrid... it has a petrol engine... so it's a hybrid.
One could claim Diesel locomotives are also "electric" as they run diesel generators to power electric motors that drive the wheels... yet we call them "Diesel" locomotives.
Nothing new here... just another hybrid.
PS - Don't know why they don't just follow the tried and tested configuration of diesel locomotives on cars.Sam Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 9:52 AM
Just a subsequent thought on safety for pedestrians: Could it be provided with noisy tyres??David T. Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 5:44 PM
As far as I am concerned, these are dangerous to pedestrians; overpriced for what is basically a General Motors quality car; takes far more out of the environment to build than any other type of car; is basically just a city car; and whilst the first few services are comparatively cheap, will finish up costing a fortune in battery replacement and other servicing (when a dealer can be found with the expertise). This type of car may temporarily excite the city "Green movement" with more money than sense. It does not excite me.David T. Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 5:19 PM
My only fear with this car is battery life. Home solar could be used to charge it so thats easy enough. But should the batterys need replacing by say the 2nd owner it could be a jaw dropping experience !John F Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 3:40 PM
What a great idea, powered by electricity so we can pay more Carbon Dioxide Tax to Julia. Give me a break!Milton Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 1:59 PM