- Anger over abortion clinic protest
- 'My dogs didn't do this'
- Playful seal salutes beachgoers
- 'This smells like a Napthine government rort'
- Cruel thieves swipe oxygen trolley
- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mike on 'My dogs didn't do this' dogs kill domestic animal, put them down, it's that simple more
- Jane on 'My dogs didn't do this' Yes all animals are loved. So what that's not a defence anymore than a thug's mother saying he is always a lovely boy and ... more
- katie on 'My dogs didn't do this' I am an animal lover, both cat and dog, i had a jack russell and CAT, few years ago, my jack russell attacked my cat and ... more
- annie king on 'My dogs didn't do this' these types of dogs should be more secured in anyones yard, she has not done this otherwise the dog would not have got out, ... more
- ian on 'My dogs didn't do this' Pam, If they were my dogs I would have done it at my own expense.?? Oh as if they were "MY DOGS" why should other people ... more
- pam on 'My dogs didn't do this' Ian, read the story.The lady has been at the Dept of Housing who own the property next door to have fences replaced.No funds ... more
- Sarah on 'My dogs didn't do this' My dogs chase and kill rabbits. Is my Council going to put them down or give them a reward. Come on!!! Animals have animal ... more
- Wendy on 'My dogs didn't do this' I am THE ultimate cat lover, however, if cats and dogs are not raised together, they are natural enemies( I also believe ... more
- ian on 'My dogs didn't do this' Why has she not had these dogs or dog registered,as she was told.Also fix the fences up. No excuse.?? more
- Samantha Piercy on 'My dogs didn't do this' I really hope the Frankston Council and Mayor of Frankston offer some kind of support to the family after the council put ... more
- Mark on 'My dogs didn't do this' Councils are siuch heartless animals.THEY are the cruel animals - who's going to punish THEM for the blood on THEIR hands! more
- wayne on Playful seal salutes beachgoers Wildlife officers should have been there to stop people getting to close, the elephant seal that was on a Perth beach ... more
- Mandi on Playful seal salutes beachgoers I couldn't agree more. more
- Angelo on Playful seal salutes beachgoers ^way to kill the mood!Great pics, great fun story more
- Greg on 'This smells like a Napthine government ... It's easy to stop the rort,don't play them. more
- Luke on Playful seal salutes beachgoers People are so clueless to what damage a wild seal can do to someone, particularly a child. But then many people are totally ... more
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
Neil Mitchell's Holden Volt
NEIL MITCHELL: In the past 24 hours I’ve had a peep in to the future.
We are not quite there but this is a huge step.
I’ve been road testing an electric car that actually works.
It is not a hybrid, But it does have a petrol engine that charges the battery.
WATCH: Neil Mitchell testing the Holden Volt
It is the Holden Volt not released yet, due out next month.
And driving this is like a whole new experience, a quantum leap.
I’ve driven a lot of cars and you notice the technology change but it is still a traditional car.
This is another step again.
This is not a hybrid, it is an electric car and you plug it in to the socket at home.
But i tell you, you will need to change your habits as a pedestrian.
This morning, I frightened the living daylights out of a couple crossing against the lights.
They didn't hear me coming because this car is almost totally silent.
That is weird but I really think it is a quantum leap
Fun to drive, cheap to run, but not cheap:
PLAY: 3AW Motoring expert Chris De Fraga
How come no one can answer what the cost is to your household electricity bill.
Sounds like false enconomy to mepete Friday 26 October, 2012 - 9:36 AM
Whilst the Holden "Volt" is claimed to be an electric car and not a hybrid... it has a petrol engine... so it's a hybrid.
One could claim Diesel locomotives are also "electric" as they run diesel generators to power electric motors that drive the wheels... yet we call them "Diesel" locomotives.
Nothing new here... just another hybrid.
PS - Don't know why they don't just follow the tried and tested configuration of diesel locomotives on cars.Sam Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 9:52 AM
Just a subsequent thought on safety for pedestrians: Could it be provided with noisy tyres??David T. Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 5:44 PM
As far as I am concerned, these are dangerous to pedestrians; overpriced for what is basically a General Motors quality car; takes far more out of the environment to build than any other type of car; is basically just a city car; and whilst the first few services are comparatively cheap, will finish up costing a fortune in battery replacement and other servicing (when a dealer can be found with the expertise). This type of car may temporarily excite the city "Green movement" with more money than sense. It does not excite me.David T. Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 5:19 PM
My only fear with this car is battery life. Home solar could be used to charge it so thats easy enough. But should the batterys need replacing by say the 2nd owner it could be a jaw dropping experience !John F Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 3:40 PM
What a great idea, powered by electricity so we can pay more Carbon Dioxide Tax to Julia. Give me a break!Milton Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 1:59 PM